CURVAGE media czar: PLEASE reduce the volume of the Curvage intro WHOOOSH.

hiinmyhello

CURVAGE media czar: PLEASE reduce the volume of the Curvage intro titlecard WHOOOSH sound effect.

it is so, so loud. and louder than anything in any vid. also the frequency sweep that it's in... if I've got my giant stereo on, the low frequencies shake certain furniture more than fifty cent and mobb deep. then it sweeps to the high frequencies, which are jarring and sometimes painfully loud even with other output levels set appropriately (most of the women creating don't exactly press their audio recording levels into the red) the high sweep and splashy cymbals actually hurt my ears if I have headphones on. I'm not trying to be a dramatic puss or anything, but as genuine feedback that's borderline health but absolutely consumption enjoyment related, please lower it.

I like you more than the MGM lion anyway, so no need to try to top that. the original playstation splash load sound, while relatively quiet, instills both serenity and anticipation.

perhaps something like fabric/stitches straining then the teeth of a zipper going down... could actually do something that would be creative, sexy and possibly value adding

• Curvage Model

From a model perspective, we have control over changing the volume. The intros are clips we download and add to the video editing software it isn't automatically added to the videos after uploading. I lower the volume on the intro clip during editing as it's rather loud for me too. It can definitely be modified on our ends. Try letting your fave models know so they are aware of the issue, and can modify it accordingly.

Edited by Madilyn Mars

seriously? jesus, I need to see if I can become a model just to see what the process and restrictions are.

from a site operation perspective, it makes more sense to me to add the site splash after the model submits(like Phub, etc). models watermark optional in XY quadrant coordinates, super transluscent, dynamic site watermark elsewhere.

IIRC, models generally have a positive experience with the org here, and the house rake is less than MV and c4s

is there an editing software that's endorsed or provided by the admins? I mean, I'm going to reach out to them, but

actually, getting into a site policy/ops discussion is rather inappropriate for this particular thread (Im GUESSING. or at least there would be better forums for it.).

i don't know who the Pope, Mayor, appropriate chief of curvage that wouldn't mind indulging my curiosity a bit, but if you see this and are willing, please help me get in communication.

• Curvage Model
19 minutes ago, hiinmyhello said:

seriously? jesus, I need to see if I can become a model just to see what the process and restrictions are.

from a site operation perspective, it makes more sense to me to add the site splash after the model submits(like Phub, etc). models watermark optional in XY quadrant coordinates, super transluscent, dynamic site watermark elsewhere.

IIRC, models generally have a positive experience with the org here, and the house rake is less than MV and c4s

is there an editing software that's endorsed or provided by the admins? I mean, I'm going to reach out to them, but

No, there's no specific editing software they recommend, but they do have a recommended software that helps compress the files. I quite like it.

S77 would be the main mod. I don't have an answer for the rest! This is the 'Suggestions' thread, so your tech suggestions should be valid. If they are able to, or find value in the suggestion, they may just put it into play!

Edited by Madilyn Mars

On 3/18/2023 at 6:40 PM, hiinmyhello said:

CURVAGE media czar: PLEASE reduce the volume of the Curvage intro titlecard WHOOOSH sound effect.

it is so, so loud. and louder than anything in any vid. also the frequency sweep that it's in... if I've got my giant stereo on, the low frequencies shake certain furniture more than fifty cent and mobb deep. then it sweeps to the high frequencies, which are jarring and sometimes painfully loud even with other output levels set appropriately (most of the women creating don't exactly press their audio recording levels into the red) the high sweep and splashy cymbals actually hurt my ears if I have headphones on. I'm not trying to be a dramatic puss or anything, but as genuine feedback that's borderline health but absolutely consumption enjoyment related, please lower it.

I like you more than the MGM lion anyway, so no need to try to top that. the original playstation splash load sound, while relatively quiet, instills both serenity and anticipation.

perhaps something like fabric/stitches straining then the teeth of a zipper going down... could actually do something that would be creative, sexy and possibly value adding

If you watch your videos on VLC, it has a built-in compressor that can help normalize the volume.

Additionally, I'm a professional editor, so if anybody thinks I could be of service here, feel free to reach out!

Normalising (the entire video) often doesn’t help much, as it just takes the loudest part and adjusts it to 0dB, with correcting the other levels proportionally. So when you have one really loud impulse (which usually is the case), like putting a glass on a table or a heavy belly slap, the rest of the audio will remain way too quiet.

Also: the intro whoosh, or music, is heavily compressed (by a dynamic processor). The volume isn’t necessarily higher, but the (perceived) loudness. Since the whoosh or music come as a separate file, i would just lower their volume.

When you have too drastic volume or loudness differences in your recorded audio, manual adjustments usually work best. You can cut your stream into parts and adjust those - but make sure to also create fades between these parts.

The more elegant way would be applying keyframes - i. e. editing points that create automated fades. That’s the way i am working. But i understand that you need a little experience for that. And the basic editing programs don’t have that option.

Speaking of recommendations: People have different requirements. Some shoot (with the phone) just one take and, maybe after trimming the beginning + end, release that. There are free programs that work perfectly for that job. And that’s cool. Others shoot multiple takes and arrange them in the editing program later. Of course you need a different program for that workflow. So there’s really not a one size fits all solution.