Do stretch indicate where someon is growing?

lathropfreeman

Obviously they indicate where the skin is stretching, my question is is that directly correlated to where new fat is being deposited in the body? If someone is growing stretch marks on their belly proportionally more than they have grown them on their hips, could we assume they were an apple over a pear?

• Curvage Model
17 hours ago, Miss September said:

I'm not a physiologist, but there's also a person's unique geometry to consider and the relational values there. So it's hard to say for sure!  I would expect, though, that there's a positive relationship overall.

I agree I think it's unique to everyone. I've noticed mine are kind of opposite of what you would think. My belly is huge but I don't have ANY stretch marks on it. Instead I have  big ones on my lower back and side. I think my skin stretched there because of the belly pulling down and my back having to hold it up. 

The same goes for my butt. My butt is huge but there are no stretch marks on on the back of my butt. They are on my hips, and thighs and inside of my butt crack. 😝  

Unfortunately no stretch marks to report on my boobs lol. 😭

Thanks for the great replies guys. I work with machine learning day to day and have been thinking about if there are ways to predict where growth will happen. I've messed around with developing a computer vision model for guessing weights (BMI actually) and it actually works pretty well, even when images are taken from different perspectives.