Can’t watch or download videos I’ve purchased from certain models

PreyToGod

That is models who have become guests and no longer have videos for sale. I could have sworn that I was still able to download the files but now it seems that they’re no longer on the server?  Was this done to free up more space or was it always this way? 

I understand sometimes models request for their profiles to be deleted and respect that some wouldn’t want their content to be accessible any longer but this still seems like a bit of a raw deal for those who paid for their clips if they can just disappear. I guess I’d just like to know the reason? 

On 3/13/2023 at 1:27 PM, PreyToGod said:

That is models who have become guests and no longer have videos for sale. I could have sworn that I was still able to download the files but now it seems that they’re no longer on the server?  Was this done to free up more space or was it always this way? 

I understand sometimes models request for their profiles to be deleted and respect that some wouldn’t want their content to be accessible any longer but this still seems like a bit of a raw deal for those who paid for their clips if they can just disappear. I guess I’d just like to know the reason? 

HI

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand that you are concerned about the availability of certain clips for download on our platform.

We want to clarify that Curvage is simply a marketplace that allows models to sell their content. We do not own the clips that are for sale on our platform, and we work to manage the rights of both the clip owner (the model) and the customer (you).  Ideally models, even if moving on, will allow their content to continue being served here for their customers. However, sometimes models decide they want the content removed.

As stated in our terms of service, we guarantee that all purchases are available for download for at least 90 days after purchase. If a model decides to remove a clip, they must wait 90 days before doing so. This is why we advise customers on the clip page to "download immediately as items are removed from time to time."

We believe that 90 days is a reasonable and sufficient amount of time to download a file after purchase. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact the file owner directly.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope this clears up any confusion.

Best regards,

Thank you :)

More Detail:

Curvage operates as a marketplace that enables models to sell their content independently. In other words, models are running their own independent businesses on Curvage. While we regret that some have chosen to remove their content, we have adhered to the requirements of our terms of service.

It might be useful for you to reach out to these models and express your dissatisfaction with their decision to remove content. Some models who have taken this action are still active on the site. Simply making clips no longer for sale to new customers in most cases should be sufficient, so perhaps they can explain why they have decided to take things a step further.

Here are some excerpts from our terms of service:

3.2.12 PROCEDURE FOR CONTENT REMOVAL FROM OUR MARKETPLACE:... Note to customers: Please be aware that you will not be notified during the aforementioned process. This means that any content is subject to sudden removal without prior warning as soon as 90 days after your purchase.

3.3.2.4 Curvage Clips will maintain content availability for at least 90 days after you purchase material from the clips store. This agreement is void under special circumstances such as the content is discovered to be illegal, corrupted or lost from our servers for any reason. Special circumstances aside, Curvage agrees to do everything we can to maintain material for a minimum of 90 days. 90 days includes weekends, holidays, and any website downtime.

We understand that this situation may be disappointing, and we encourage you to reach out to the respective model(s) with your concerns if possible. If you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

• S77 locked this topic