Feederism community a lot more homest about health risks than fat acceptance community?

Plumpnesslover

I think it’s a very important movement outside of this kink and serves to help a lot of people but the denialism about the health risks of gaining significant weight and being very obese does worry me. I feel like while the feederism community obviously wants women to generally be fatter and lazier(in a consensual setting) there isn’t nearly as much denial about the real physical effects of getting fat. Why is this? 

Naturally because everybody in the feederism community understands what they're getting into and what kind of journey they're going to be a part of. Feederism relishes the gluttony aspects of gaining weight and understands the potential risks and complications with high caloric intakes, which in turn completely overshadows the more toned down lifestyles you'll find in the fat acceptance communities which are more often than not folks who have been heavy for the majority of their lives, they are really just looking to feel appreciated and attractive outside of the ✌️ normal ✌️ societal expectation and ideal which is why it's a lot more mainstream.

Feederism naturally hosts a lot of passionate relationships too, after all two consenting adults are working together to make the fetish or kink a reality and the steps taken in order to make it happen are arousing for both of them. Like with any fetish or kink though limits are set and respected, these are always different for everybody and can even be subject to change but in the end it's because said people are smart enough to remember that their wellbeing comes above a fetish or kink, especially when you want a happy distant future in the relationship.

• Curvage Model
14 hours ago, Plumpnesslover said:

I think it’s a very important movement outside of this kink and serves to help a lot of people but the denialism about the health risks of gaining significant weight and being very obese does worry me. I feel like while the feederism community obviously wants women to generally be fatter and lazier(in a consensual setting) there isn’t nearly as much denial about the real physical effects of getting fat. Why is this? 

It may also be due to the element of bdsm in some in the feedism community.  Being turned on by someone's loss of power or control can make you a lot more receptive to that reality and the acknowledgement thereof.  Whereas fat acceptance is more fixated on the positives, and acknowledging any negative serves to undermine the intent and is therefore kept to a minimum.  I know what you mean, though, and it's worrisome to me, too.  Two things can be true at the same time.  Your body is beautiful *and* obesity generally goes hand in hand with a range of health problems.

To me a body should be celebrated and taken care of, regardless of acceptance or appearance.  

Edited by Miss September

11 hours ago, Miss September said:

It may also be due to the element of bdsm in some in the feedism community.  Being turned on by someone's loss of power or control can make you a lot more receptive to that reality and the acknowledgement thereof.  Whereas fat acceptance is more fixated on the positives, and acknowledging any negative serves to undermine the intent and is therefore kept to a minimum.  I know what you mean, though, and it's worrisome to me, too.  Two things can be true at the same time.  Your body is beautiful *and* obesity generally goes hand in hand with a range of health problems.

To me a body should be celebrated and taken care of, regardless of acceptance or appearance.  

I couldn’t agree more. I think sometimes i get worried seeing tik toks of fat girls talking about ignoring doctors orders or just avoiding healthcare in general because as much as the mentioned physical limitations that come with getting fat can be a turn on if they’re not into the kink it’s just an unnecessary risk. I acknowledge there’s definitely massive bias against fat people in healthcare that’s absolutely the case and i have sympathy for them but i don’t think the solution is to just turn a blind eye to it either 

• Curvage Model

12 hours ago, Plumpnesslover said:

I couldn’t agree more. I think sometimes i get worried seeing tik toks of fat girls talking about ignoring doctors orders or just avoiding healthcare in general because as much as the mentioned physical limitations that come with getting fat can be a turn on if they’re not into the kink it’s just an unnecessary risk. I acknowledge there’s definitely massive bias against fat people in healthcare that’s absolutely the case and i have sympathy for them but i don’t think the solution is to just turn a blind eye to it either 

Agreed.  Denial is not the way to go.  Finding the right doctor and arming yourself with knowledge is.

the way I see it, is there is no right or "wrong" way of doing this, we all like what we like & we all do things the way we like doing it, we can't change it if said person doesn't want to change it or keep up with the health side of things, it's all subjective honestly.. And if they don't see the problem with said health issues that come this this kink then that's on them, best case scenario is they'll get a slap of reality soon enough, and either it'll be too late by then or they'll have a chance to keep things "healthier" 

Damn I feel that came out more harsh than indented.. Ah well, we are all here for the same reasons one way or another, so I guess all I can say is I wasn't trying to start something & just trying to give my take on it & also that I do get both sides tbf 

From what I've witnessed I feel the variation within each community is far larger than between the two. 

I did however find what miss September wrote really interesting - about one community wanting to, for understandable reasons, focus on the positives.

It feels like one perspective is looking for happiness despite, and another because of, and it'd be really interesting to unpack this. Anybody here looking for a social research/ psych PhD thesis? 😅

1 hour ago, davros said:

It feels like one perspective is looking for happiness despite, and another because of, and it'd be really interesting to unpack this. 

I agree with this and with Miss September.   Feeders/feedees on some level know it's wrong, and that's why it's hot.   Being into fat acceptance without this self-aware aspect, if you'll excuse the pun, seems like wanting to have your cake and eat it.

Being strictly a FA (non-feeder) and working in healthcare, I remain aware of the potential health risks of obesity, but consider them relative to the ways that being a FA has made my life better.

I encounter patients every day who are morbidly obese, in terrible health and who die at young ages as a result. I also encounter many who have BMIs well into the 30s, yet have completely normal lab values, few if any chronic health issues, live past normal life expectancy, and frankly are in better health than I am with a BMI in the low 20s.

Embracing my preference for larger women has brought me better quality, more enjoyable relationships and a far more intense physical attraction to my partners than the average person. If the cost for that is a slightly shorter life with my partner (the likelihood of which is open to considerable debate), it's a trade-off that I'm willing to make. My current SO, and nearly all of my past partners (who included a couple of fat doctors) welcomed this mindset.

I think most FAs probably consider the health risks of obesity just as much as feeders do, we just think about them differently.