Lana Del Rey

Guest LCDC1889

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, showmeyourbellygirl said:

The thing with Lana is that her persona is a strategic niche filler, so the joke about her taking Adele's place might actually be a real thing concocted by her or her management. She is really leaning into it with a wardrobe she seems to be constantly growing out of, and that sexy performance that definitely embraced her juicy curves.  It's almost looks like she is gaining weight for a role, there is a sense of commitment to it brewing in this timeline of pictures that to me feels like something other than pandemic weight.

No

1 hour ago, showmeyourbellygirl said:

🙄 Elizabeth Woolridge Grant is perfectly capable of taking on a new persona to fill a niche for money.  You jelly bean counters who come here to have no fun don't actually know as much as you I think you do.

I don't think there is a "fat singer" niche. Adele was a good singer who happened to be fat, and being fat didn't hurt her because she didn't sell her sexuality and dressed modestly. Now she decided to lose weight. That's all. Lana del Rey has actually been slowly gaining weight for a long time, even though she exploded in 2020.

Just now, You have a gut said:

I don't think there is a "fat singer" niche. Adele was a good singer who happened to be fat, and being fat didn't hurt her because she didn't sell her sexuality and dressed modestly. Now she decided to lose weight. That's all.

First of all, I wasnt accusing Adele of anything except leaving that position in the eyes of society, which is undeniable because there was an adverse reaction from many on social media when she lost weight.  I am accusing Lizzie Grant of being opportunistic enough to aim to fill that niche.  Fat singers is a cliche at least as old as opera.  "It isn't over until the fat lady sings" is something every single person has heard, so what exactly are you trying to claim and why be so dismissive of my comment?

1 hour ago, John Smith said:

I've just cackled internally when I've learn than Azalea Banks roasted her about her weight. You have to get this low to get roasted by Banks and actually getting owned by her.

d13cdad.thumb.jpg.0301a2f7e9d47350d1d628b3273f3a2b.jpg

When you open your mouth, be careful about the flea around.

jeff goldblum chuckle GIF

Fat shaming to stay relevant... #untalentedBanks

tenor (7).gif

18 hours ago, showmeyourbellygirl said:

First of all, I wasnt accusing Adele of anything except leaving that position in the eyes of society, which is undeniable because there was an adverse reaction from many on social media when she lost weight.  I am accusing Lizzie Grant of being opportunistic enough to aim to fill that niche.  Fat singers is a cliche at least as old as opera.  "It isn't over until the fat lady sings" is something every single person has heard, so what exactly are you trying to claim and why be so dismissive of my comment?

....what?

17 minutes ago, dragonageguy said:

....what?

Lizzie Grant is Lana Del Ray.  She changed her name and style to fill a niche and be a pop star to get there. Back in July she was fat shamed and is now leaning into looking sexy and voluptuous in her performances and freely going around dressing dump even though the fat shaming has happened, which means she either doesn't care or is expecting more of it.  She has gone from receiving ire for lashing out at black artists who were being celebrated to being defended for a black artist lashing out at her about her weight. What is so crazy about the idea that she is diving into acceptance of her juicy figure?  Do y'all just not know about this girl?

4 hours ago, John Smith said:

When you open your mouth, be careful about the flea around.

What did she do to piss you off? Is it because she did not prostrate herself before the altar of All POC Are Perfect? When she was criticizing our culture as a whole, she named a couple of celebrities who promote whorish activities. She was castigated by many for breaking the unwritten law that one cannot criticize any POC for anything. It's bullshit.

If that's why you're hating on her, you're bullshit, too.

3 hours ago, Endlessly Feed Women said:

What did she do to piss you off? Is it because she did not prostrate herself before the altar of All POC Are Perfect? When she was criticizing our culture as a whole, she named a couple of celebrities who promote whorish activities. She was castigated by many for breaking the unwritten law that one cannot criticize any POC for anything. It's bullshit.

If that's why you're hating on her, you're bullshit, too.

You make it sound like her criticism wasn't completely born from the fact that she was upset and jealous about awards handed out by a beauracracy.  I don't think she had any criticisms to make against the black artists, it was about a double standard and persecution complex she feels, which is ridiculous.  She was off-base and it was a really inappropriate time to try and borrow that limelight to make a dud of a point.

• 2 weeks later...