Breakfast with sister

Queen Victoria

Or he could have consulted outside forces. There are many FA writers on DeviantArt who would be more than happy to team with him if given the chance Im sure. Theyd write the story and he do the art. Simple. But then hed have to split the cash.

Speaking of Im sure that money was gone before he got it so everyone got burned in this deal.

Without criticizing KipTeiTei too much, I just want to point out that there are in fact an abundance of writers out there in DA land, and they would probably jump at the opportunity to produce something with a good artist.

I feel a little bad at times, actually, because there are so many people eager to contribute their ideas that it's hard to tactfully say, "No thanks, I actually have plenty of my own ideas."  Or even worse, when writers just offer simply god-awful ideas and you're stuck trying to let them down easy.  Maybe I'm just too overly concerned with being nice.  Anyway, just the perspective of another DA artist.  Kip is probably popular enough that he could attract some pretty talented folks to collaborate on a script for him, though.

I do feel a bit like this most recent sequence is a little disjointed.  Overall, their size and proportions and the actions going on in each panel don't have a whole lot of continuity.  Of course, it's not like I paid for it, so who am I to complain.  Not sure I could have done a better job, either.

I do have to admit that some of the panels are just adorable and perfect, and even if the body shapes and sizes don't flow perfectly, they are just fabulous as standalone images.  And for that, I applaud Mr. Kip.

Without criticizing KipTeiTei too much, I just want to point out that there are in fact an abundance of writers out there in DA land, and they would probably jump at the opportunity to produce something with a good artist.

I feel a little bad at times, actually, because there are so many people eager to contribute their ideas that it's hard to tactfully say, "No thanks, I actually have plenty of my own ideas."  Or even worse, when writers just offer simply god-awful ideas and you're stuck trying to let them down easy.  Maybe I'm just too overly concerned with being nice.  Anyway, just the perspective of another DA artist.  Kip is probably popular enough that he could attract some pretty talented folks to collaborate on a script for him, though.

I do feel a bit like this most recent sequence is a little disjointed.  Overall, their size and proportions and the actions going on in each panel don't have a whole lot of continuity.  Of course, it's not like I paid for it, so who am I to complain.  Not sure I could have done a better job, either.

I do have to admit that some of the panels are just adorable and perfect, and even if the body shapes and sizes don't flow perfectly, they are just fabulous as standalone images.  And for that, I applaud Mr. Kip.

I think Kip is a girl.

But either way, I dont like this Kip person. Having one good drawing out of I don't know how many at this point isnt an accomplishment. He / she needs some real honest people to tear into him / her because this crap is just that, crap. People paid for this and this is what they get? My only assumption is that theyre so ashamed they wont say anything but if it were me Id be in the comments demanding my money back.

Again I say Kip wont consult outside writers because the money would have to be split both ways. Remember Kip was paid for this. If Im the writer and I found out the artist decided to charge people to draw my story Id be furious and want a cut. Kip is lazy as is but spent that money already and thats why this torture continues. Otherwise Kip would be dispensing refunds and apologizing. I doubt Kip has that in him / her but without the money quitting isnt an option. Going on hiatus isnt an option either. The comic must go on.

And the sad thing is I can name a bunch of different writers who do excellent FA stories. I doubt Kips art would work with their stories but itd be better than this dreck.

I guess I just subconsciously assume that all artists like Kip are dudes.  Though I guess I really shouldn't make that assumption, and it's really about the quality of the art and writing for me, anyway.

Regardless, it seems like Kip has managed to perpetuate an impressive little controversy.  Whether or not that was intentional or not is another story, but it would be easy enough for Kip to put a stop to it if desired.  Who doesn't like a little attention, after all?

Anyway, I could care less if Kip is a trap--that's an adorable photo.  :)

• 1 month later...

It's a tranny.

C'mon mate. Criticisms towards the comic are perfectly legitimate, but let's try and keep the transphobe stuff to a minimum. If she identifies as a she, then she's a she. End of story.

I will agree that the comic is getting out of hand. She managed to fit way more, way better stuff in a single page in Breakfast, but this feels pretty fucking contrived.

C'mon mate. Criticisms towards the comic are perfectly legitimate, but let's try and keep the transphobe stuff to a minimum. If she identifies as a she, then she's a she. End of story.

Sorry, I'm not that progressive. If it has a penis, it's a he. I don't care what "it" wants to believe, because it doesn't matter what it believes. What matters is that it is a dude.

And what's worse is, it goes on letting people mistake it as a chick -- it never makes any effort to clarify what it actually is. Which leads me to believe it would take that fantasy as far as it could with an unsuspecting guy. And that's not behavior that's to be defended, let alone commended.

I'm glad people are finally calling out "Queen Victoria" for this BS.  If you read back through this thread it is nothing but criticism after criticism of both Kip and the comic itself by QV.  Every time a new page gets posted QV is the first person saying "Hey look, a new page!  Look how much it sucks everyone!"  It's like you have some kind of irrational hatred but can't stop reading it.  It's simple, if you don't like the comic anymore, quit frickin' reading it.  If you don't like the artist, quit frickin' checking out their stuff.

Sorry, I'm not that progressive. If it has a penis, it's a he. I don't care what "it" wants to believe, because it doesn't matter what it believes. What matters is that it is a dude.

And what's worse is, it goes on letting people mistake it as a chick -- it never makes any effort to clarify what it actually is. Which leads me to believe it would take that fantasy as far as it could with an unsuspecting guy. And that's not behavior that's to be defended, let alone commended.

"it" ??? don't be a twat just for the sake of it.

Guest bobbyfad

Yea, I don't like the comic anymore, and I'm very dissapointed with it (hence my criticisms) but I don't care if the author is a trans woman. I think she's rather cute.

Guest basil

-_- who honestly cares? Does it effect you? No? then leave the person alone.

Also the problem is people haven't been donating, so this is basically for free at this point, so it is easy to see why less effort is being put in it.

Welp, last page is out.

http://kipteitei.deviantart.com/art/Lunch-with-sister-Page60-527098414

And even if it's been pretty crap, I appreciate her putting in that stupid twist so there's even more incest.

Finally the pain is over! Oh wait.

END OF CHAPTER 2

Whew, here we are. Its been a while. I've worked for two years on-and-off with this project and it has finally come to a close. I hope everyone enjoyed the ride, and if not I hope you at least got something out of it. Again my most heartfelt thanks to all the donators and people who kept rooting for me even when things felt sour.

CONCERNING SEQUELS

Fret not! Breakfast with sister doesn't end here! Following will be one or two short spinoff stories for starters. If there is enough public interest I might go back to finish the originally planned arc for Ilsie and History episode for the girls' mother.

Also:

DINNER WITH SISTER

You guessed it at this point. Dinner sequel will happen as soon as I figure out the funding business. Strongly leaning towards patreon right now but we'll see. Story is already planned out, but I'm considering giving some decree of control over certain events to donators.

I'll be making a journal for discussion where I'd appreciate if you guys left me suggestions for what you would want in the sequel and what things I should do differently etc.

Thank you for reading and supporting! Have a nice weekend everyone and look forward to more updates~

Anyone who donates to this cause must have expendable cash and no idea where else to spend it because Id rather throw money out my window then give it to Kip. This comic is trash, I expect the next to be worse and the mere fact that Kip dares ask for more money after this fiasco is laughable. But people will pay for some odd reason.

Man why couldnt someone like Arthur from Craving Control go this route? Id have paid to see that. Dude could have made a side site and made a ton of cash off of it and Lalia. Instead we have this depressing mess.