Breakfast with sister

Queen Victoria

http://kipteitei.deviantart.com/art/Lunch-with-sister-Page37-440793563

You couldnt be more right Queen Victoria. This mess is, well, mess. If Im understanding this right people are paying per page. If I paid for this page Id want my money back.

Oh wow. It cost $50 in donations to produce that; a page that could have probably been summed up in a single frame... like so: http://imgur.com/SdyKlOq

Yeah... it's disgraceful that people are funding this.

Also, I wanted to add that Kat's comments on that page -- "I'm afraid! Afraid she'll destroy herself and turn into something terrible!" -- is about as telling as it gets to Kipteitei's true views regarding fatness. IE, it's something to be ashamed of, and if you actually get fat (and don't have just a 'faux pregnancy belly'), you've 'destroyed yourself.'

Remember when this was a comic about two sisters getting fat and having sex with each other? No? Because I'm having a hard time recalling those days, too.

Aren't there comparable artists who would do an ENTIRE fap comic for $50? I mean, not to deny the artist's right to support themselves with their work, but this is just....WAY too much money to be asking, IMO, for the content Kip is putting out there.

Just my opinion.

Aren't there comparable artists who would do an ENTIRE fap comic for $50? I mean, not to deny the artist's right to support themselves with their work, but this is just....WAY too much money to be asking, IMO, for the content Kip is putting out there.

Just my opinion.

A lot of artists sell their comic to individuals by the page as commission work, and charge like $5 (or perhaps a bit more) per page. They then often share this work with the rest of the community (though not always). Other artists create a comic and then sell it off via Paypal for $8-10 a pop to individuals. Still more artists (like Kip) solicit donations from the community.

I don't know what the 'right' or 'wrong' way to go is, and I can't comment on the ethics. I just know that, to this point, on LWS alone he's turned a little under $2000 in profit with no obvious end in sight. And... that seems like a lot of profit for an offbeat comic like this. Which may explain why he's not eager to end things. :P

I agree, it's a ton of money to be asking PER PAGE with this comic.

Just from my viewpoint, I'd say it's pretty excessive for it to be $50/page. Like I stated earlier, I like the little comic but I will NOT be funding it in any way at all.

Oh wow. It cost $50 in donations to produce that; a page that could have probably been summed up in a single frame... like so: http://imgur.com/SdyKlOq

Yeah... it's disgraceful that people are funding this.

Also, I wanted to add that Kat's comments on that page -- "I'm afraid! Afraid she'll destroy herself and turn into something terrible!" -- is about as telling as it gets to Kipteitei's true views regarding fatness. IE, it's something to be ashamed of, and if you actually get fat (and don't have just a 'faux pregnancy belly'), you've 'destroyed yourself.'

Remember when this was a comic about two sisters getting fat and having sex with each other? No? Because I'm having a hard time recalling those days, too.

THIS. THIS ALL DAY. Seriously, it's gotten really terrible. I've pretty much given up hope with this most recent page.

Overall, I find this discussion regarding Mr. Kip's comic pretty interesting.  Everyone is commenting about how dissatisfied they are with it, and yet it seems like most people who are making such comments are still reading it.  Holding out hope that it will finally get to the good part, perhaps?

I kind of understand that.  I still read comics that I'm not altogether satisfied with--but I admit that I read them because I still get some enjoyment out of them at some level.  I don't really have much of an opinion about this comic.  It appears people are still throwing their money at this thing--more power to them.  As an artist, I'm kind of glad to see another artist getting paid to do this kind of stuff.  Myself, I still struggle to find a reasonable way to make some coin off of my stuff.

Also, while it might be fair to say that this comic specifically isn't worth $50 per page, it's really not all that much money considering how much time can go into creating a page.  Of course, I might be horrendously slow, but personally, I wouldn't be making a very good hourly rate at $50 per page.  It's silly to think of one person paying $50 for one page of comic, but if a large group of people are putting in a small amount per person, it's not really that bad of a deal (providing you actually like the comic).

Overall, I find this discussion regarding Mr. Kip's comic pretty interesting.  Everyone is commenting about how dissatisfied they are with it, and yet it seems like most people who are making such comments are still reading it.  Holding out hope that it will finally get to the good part, perhaps?

Eh. I actually hadn't checked up on it in a few weeks before somebody posted the latest page. Honestly, I don't even care how it ends anymore. I don't know what he could do at this point to render what's out there so far satisfying, and I don't believe that there's going to be some kind of an 'ahhhhhh' moment that will draw everything together and unify the Triforce. Fifteen pages ago? I absolutely thought that's where it was going. But no longer. There's just too much waste here.

I kind of understand that.  I still read comics that I'm not altogether satisfied with--but I admit that I read them because I still get some enjoyment out of them at some level.  I don't really have much of an opinion about this comic.  It appears people are still throwing their money at this thing--more power to them.  As an artist, I'm kind of glad to see another artist getting paid to do this kind of stuff.  Myself, I still struggle to find a reasonable way to make some coin off of my stuff.

Don't try to sell fetish art XD. Seriously: the money is in more mainstream stuff. While I believe the dollar amount Kip is charging is absurd, let's face facts: he's been laboring on this thing for close to half a year now. 2k isn't really going to cut it to support a person for that long.

Also, while it might be fair to say that this comic specifically isn't worth $50 per page, it's really not all that much money considering how much time can go into creating a page. Of course, I might be horrendously slow, but personally, I wouldn't be making a very good hourly rate at $50 per page. It's silly to think of one person paying $50 for one page of comic, but if a large group of people are putting in a small amount per person, it's not really that bad of a deal (providing you actually like the comic).

Most of his pages are line art. I'd surmise he probably does it rough in pencil and then goes over it (and then shades it on a computer program), but there's certainly not the amount of labor involved if he were to, say, color every page or something. I would guess that it probably takes 5-6 hours to produce one page, though that obviously depends on skill level. I've seen some people who can live-draw pretty epic stuff in well under an hour.

In the end, it doesn't really matter what he charges, because other people are paying it, and I'm not. And, of course, I think most of the angst associated with LWS isn't really money-related, but rather revolves around the fact that the original was a really intense fap comic. In contrast, this one just feels like a lot of lazy drama and hackneyed plot twists.

The value of the original was that it didn't require a lot of thought, and I tend to think that when most of us are, uh, 'using' these kinds of comics, we're not doing a great deal of deep thinking. Don't take this the wrong way, Hisano, but that's part of what I love about your Yuffie strip: it's shallow. It's just a bunch of pretty girls almost mindlessly gaining weight. The visuals are wholly satisfying, and there's just enough of a plot to move things along.

It's brilliant. LWS isn't.

Don't try to sell fetish art XD. Seriously: the money is in more mainstream stuff. While I believe the dollar amount Kip is charging is absurd, let's face facts: he's been laboring on this thing for close to half a year now. 2k isn't really going to cut it to support a person for that long.

Haha, I would be worried if anyone was trying to seriously make a living doing fetish art.  This is probably overly cynical on my part, but I'm of the opinion that there isn't a whole lot of money to be had doing any kind of art.  People generally don't seem willing to pay for it.  Even getting a small amount of money for my stuff is a tiny victory.  I do it because I love it, but I do get a little sad when I think in terms of cost analysis.  Someone throw 2k my way, please!  ;)

The value of the original was that it didn't require a lot of thought, and I tend to think that when most of us are, uh, 'using' these kinds of comics, we're not doing a great deal of deep thinking. Don't take this the wrong way, Hisano, but that's part of what I love about your Yuffie strip: it's shallow. It's just a bunch of pretty girls almost mindlessly gaining weight. The visuals are wholly satisfying, and there's just enough of a plot to move things along.

It's brilliant. LWS isn't.

Hehe, I am actually really glad to hear you say that about the Yuffie comic.  I don't know how many times I've beat my head on my desk at people who are like "WTF why do they even have to eat the castle anyway?" or criticize the outfits I gave them for not being "final fantasy" enough.  The entire purpose of the comic is to be silly, thoughtless, and sexy.  Nice to know that someone actually gets that.

I do realize that Mr. Kip's comic isn't being criticized solely because of the money issue.  I guess I can just kinda relate to someone trying to make a buck or two off of their artwork.

I do realize that Mr. Kip's comic isn't being criticized solely because of the money issue.  I guess I can just kinda relate to someone trying to make a buck or two off of their artwork.

I can only speak for myself, but for me the 'money complaints' have far less to do with the collective donation method he's set up than the fact that his desire to make money has subverted the plot. In lay terms, his greed has ruined something awesome.

If you read through BWS, there are no unnecessary pages (in fact, I think that when they're finally half naked and kissing, he could have added 2-3 more!). LWS, on the other hand, is composed almost entirely of unnecessary 'fluff,' either in the form of multiple divergent themes (the 'I'm being too sneaky for my own good' trap) or blatantly over-extended scenes (like the most recent page).

Now, I'm a conservative and a capitalist. I am all for people making money. There's a sucker born every minute, and Kip has clearly found an untapped, golden vein of fools. Having said that, I believe he could make as much or even more profit by keeping his comics short, sweet and focused. This bloated, agonized, slow-rolling monstrosity is neither satisfying nor compelling enough to warrant funding. If I had to guess, there are plenty of people who might have been inclined to donate towards a true sequel to the first comic, but who are sitting pat on this one. Or, to think of it another way, he acquired his audience with one work of art, but cashed in on something else.

By the way, Hisano, any timeline on the next page of Yuffie? It seems like you're on the cusp of some really good stuff.

She's drawn looking kind of like Kim Marvel in McK's avatar there, in one panel. How much does Kimberly weigh now? Regardless, even though the number thing kind of bothered me a bit, I actually liked the latest page. Weighing/stuffing returns to the comic! Huzzah!

Still not worth $50 per page, but the latest was pretty good, IMO.

Now, I'm a conservative and a capitalist. I am all for people making money. There's a sucker born every minute, and Kip has clearly found an untapped, golden vein of fools. Having said that, I believe he could make as much or even more profit by keeping his comics short, sweet and focused. This bloated, agonized, slow-rolling monstrosity is neither satisfying nor compelling enough to warrant funding. If I had to guess, there are plenty of people who might have been inclined to donate towards a true sequel to the first comic, but who are sitting pat on this one. Or, to think of it another way, he acquired his audience with one work of art, but cashed in on something else.

In essence, then, the comic itself is an immobilized USSBBW...the ultimate fetish metagame?

mog1.gif

This comic reminds me the old "Craving Control", if you do some memory and notice the similarities: Layla eating a ton of sweets and just getting fat on her stomach, crazy situations which doesn´t lead into anything etc.

I guess these authors´fetish is more related to infation/bloated belly than WG/BBW stuff. We can´t blame them for that.

It´s not the kind of WG comic which a dream about but at least it gives you some good pages even though it is not the greatest story as a whole.

PD: Just look this comic as an appetizer since we have Kastemel and his Eclipse in tha house.

I'm actually not a fan of the incest stuff at all, so comics like the aforementioned "Yuffie Gains Weight", "Craving Control", and "Eclipse", along with stuff like Axel Rosered's "Hungry Games" are more of what I, personally, look for in a fap comic. Lots of focus on the belly, lots of eating, WG, and stuffing. I also really dig SSakurai's fetish stuff.

That all being said, the pricing, and the PACE of this for the price is what really astounds me. I mean, if you commission a page in this, do you get ANY say at all in what the page contains? Doesn't seem so to me, and if that's the case, I don't know why on EARTH you wouldn't put that money to better use. You could buy two or three vids on TaylorMade for that price, or even commission an artist to do a full page, or full COMIC of what you, specifically, want. *SHRUG* Fools and their money, I suppose.

Just more of the same. I also love his demented idea of what a 235lb adult woman looks like. What is she... 7 feet tall?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but since I work as a dietician I can tell you that I've seen quiet a lot girls that were much thinner looking than kip with 235lbs. So stop raging for nothing.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but since I work as a dietician I can tell you that I've seen quiet a lot girls that were much thinner looking than kip with 235lbs. So stop raging for nothing.

Lol. Uh oh, watch out, we've got an 'expert' in the room. And yes, I've seen 'slender' looking girls at 200+ too -- they were well over six feet tall. Kip is in no way, shape or form representative of a typical 230ish pound human female. Go fuck yourself you two-post troll.

For the record, no one is forcing you to come back and comment on this every time they update the comic.  If this keeps up, I recommend a thread lock.

And we have an amateur mod on hand, too! I can hear the sirens blaring already! The police are on their way!

It's a forum, you spooge. People talk about shit. I was quite gung-ho about this comic when it started, but as things began to turn, so did my regard for both the content and the author. If you don't like that, there are plenty of other threads for you to slum in.

For the record, no one is forcing you to come back and comment on this every time they update the comic.  If this keeps up, I recommend a thread lock.

Okay Ill ask you then. When is it appropriate to comment in this thread? Since clearly we cannot discuss the comic in which this thread is about.

Lol. Uh oh, watch out, we've got an 'expert' in the room. And yes, I've seen 'slender' looking girls at 200+ too -- they were well over six feet tall. Kip is in no way, shape or form representative of a typical 230ish pound human female. Go fuck yourself you two-post troll.

And we have an amateur mod on hand, too! I can hear the sirens blaring already! The police are on their way!

It's a forum, you spooge. People talk about shit. I was quite gung-ho about this comic when it started, but as things began to turn, so did my regard for both the content and the author. If you don't like that, there are plenty of other threads for you to slum in.

Sorry, I guess I don't feel the need to be bitter about something I have no control over.  My world has not ended because this comic has not turned out better, and apparently your world has.