Preferences changing with weight gain

Guest Paco1234

Guest Paco1234

One of the first times I noticed my fiancée gaining weight was a small bit of pudge starting to develop bellow her belly button about 6 years ago. For almost all that time as she’s continued to grow the belly has always been an off limits area. Don’t touch don’t look at, etc. anytime I would try to feel it she would briskly move my hand away and very curtly tell me to stop. That is up until recently. Fast forward to about 4 months ago I noticed that she didn’t protest as much if we were in bed cuddling. (Probably 175 lbs at that point, right now it’s got to be around 185) 

At first it was letting me run her belly more but as time has gone on I’ve noticed she lets me get away with more and more…. Letting me pull down her pajamas and let her gut fall out 

(Her pajamas are generally so tight that they creased her belly right at the belly button), squeezing her fat gently, and most recently actually playing wither her belly button. Once upon the time she generally let me do this only when we were falling asleep but yesterday both of us were off work on the morning and slowly waking up, she actually let me do all this while she held a short conversation.

Just a little story for y’all but curious too if anyone else has had similar experiences and where y’all went from here if so. She still calls herself fat and complains about it but her eating habits have honestly gotten worse (or better lol). Once broached the subject of her looking better and while it didn’t end poorly it was just kind of acknowledged and moved on from. 

definitely understand where are you coming from. being almost 10 years married, with my lady gaining almost a good hundred pounds in that time. at the beginning the suck it in, and the belly and whatever roll was there to grab was fordibeen and now she is almost flaunting it at times. a beautiful change if you ask me.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AmandaD29

Absolutely! I don't think I would let someone play with my fat right now and I've let it happen before. It's a trust issue for me. Be proud that she lets you! 

5 hours ago, AmandaD29 said:

Absolutely! I don't think I would let someone play with my fat right now and I've let it happen before. It's a trust issue for me. Be proud that she lets you! 

I never thought about it being a trust issue.  What do you need to trust about your partner?  My experineces are women dont really like thier belly, especialy if its bigger.  When I met my wife she had a soft little belly and she was incridbly self concious about it.Itwas a no no to touch it.  As she grew heavier and her belly filled out she embraced it. IT was a process though. These  days if I dont rub her belly she wil remind me to do so :)

I've been with my partner for over 25 years. For the first few years she was a curvy 140-150 lb (only 5'2") with a great ass! About 15 years ago, after giving birth, she gained to about 190-195 and looked magic 😊 Since summer last year, for a couple of reasons, she's started to gain weight-up to around 215lb in October and about 237lb last week 😍

She's very conscious of 'being fat' and talks about dieting etc but then asks me to pick up a couple of cakes for her...

She knows I think she looks gorgeous at any weight and only occasionally lets me touch her belly although she does seem to be more at ease with me doing it. I wish I knew how to convince her that I really do find her flabby bits attractive! 

Advice welcome please 😄

If she is more at ease keep doing it as much as you can. I have no idea how to convince a woman of anyhting lol.

What broke the ice for us was when she was preggo. I touched herbelly alot then and I think shegot used to it. After our first when sh gav brith, the belly went back to a no touch zone.  After the second (we have 3)  she didnt stop me from touching her belly after she gave birth. When she was preggo I toldher many times I loved her belly,I kept that up aftr birthand I guess at some poin sh accpeted it orjust gave up lol. either way thse days she likes me to rub her belly. 

Guest Paco1234

Yeah it’s a weird space. For the longest time the belly was definitely a no go zone. When she was smaller than she is now she would mention that it was “time for her to loose weight” or whatever and would go on a super strict diet and start a new gym. Now over the past three years she’s really gotten larger, jumping from a size 8 to 14 before she got pregnant. Before if I ever said anything about her looking good she would tell me to stop talking about it. Her mom is pretty petite and skinny so I think she has some issues around that, or had rather. These days she just says “I’m fat” but it’s more of an accepting statement than one that is critical. About a year ago I told her (kind of) that I liked her body bigger but I loved her and was attracted to her no matter how she looked. She just kind of said okay and moved on but ever since then it hasn’t seemed to be as big of a deal. So yeah I’m taking advantage of it and slowly trying to figure out where the edge of the envelope is but I happily haven’t seen it yet. Don’t know but I would secretly like to think she became okay with being bigger after I said something lol.  However it goes I want to make sure she’s happy and if she decides she needed to loose it all to be that way id support it fully. Just enjoying the ride haha. 

6 hours ago, Drum2 said:

If she is more at ease keep doing it as much as you can. I have no idea how to convince a woman of anyhting lol.

I know exactly what you mean- I think if I haven't worked that out after all these years it simply isn't happening 🤣

Lately, she has started 'grazing' more...If there's a bowl of sweets in the lounge she'll grab a handful as she's passing (I always make sure there's a bowl of sweets in the lounge now 😄), she watches daft tv with our son before bedtime and has started taking up snacks. I had to go for a scan at hospital on Monday and there's a McDonald's on the way...She had 2 double sausage and egg muffins and 2 hash browns. My scan took longer than expected and when we came out I jokingly suggested McDonald's for lunch. A big mac large meal and a chicken sandwich as 'a chaser' !

Following day I had to go back for the results so I thought I'd chance my arm and suggested another breakfast thinking she'd say no...She didn't and had the same as the day before. So she's definitely more comfortable with her weight which is to me an important step. 

Update...

I've had an operation recently so while I'm recovering I'm in the guest bedroom. I heard our son go to bed so messaged her saying 'cuddle?'. She got into bed and we started cuddling. I asked her if I could cuddle her belly and she asked why- saying it's fat. I told her I don't care what size or shape she is- she's gorgeous. She put my hand on her belly and we cuddled for ages. She ended up rubbing the back of my hand as I was rubbing her deliciously soft and squidgy belly 😍