Notifications Not Working

dunchester

Why am I no longer getting notified when people I follow post new status updates? The last such notification I received was on Tuesday. For the number of people I follow - and the frequency with which they normally post - it is improbable that no one has posted anything new in three days.

I haven't changed any of my notification settings, either.

2 hours ago, dunchester said:

Why am I no longer getting notified when people I follow post new status updates? The last such notification I received was on Tuesday. For the number of people I follow - and the frequency with which they normally post - it is improbable that no one has posted anything new in three days.

I haven't changed any of my notification settings, either.

HI

Thank you for letting us know. We are aware of the issue. You are getting notifications, they are just coming a bit slower than expected. It's probably a little far down in the weeds for you but the reason is because our system is swamped. We monitor all the notifications that go out, it's a lot. We are experiencing a period of unusually high demand.  We are urgently acting to remedy the situation.

We are putting some additional resources in place to help keep up with demand.

Thank you :)

image.png

image.png

What I don't get is why I've received a notification relating to a status update from (as of right now) 18 minutes ago - but a status update from a model from 8 hours ago never showed up as a notification. 

Aren't they monitored/okayed in order? 

In other words, if it was purely a delay-thing, why are some really recent ones coming through, but others from much earlier are not?

On 1/16/2023 at 10:58 PM, jj22 said:

What I don't get is why I've received a notification relating to a status update from (as of right now) 18 minutes ago - but a status update from a model from 8 hours ago never showed up as a notification. 

Aren't they monitored/okayed in order? 

In other words, if it was purely a delay-thing, why are some really recent ones coming through, but others from much earlier are not?

HI

These are all very valid questions.

Yes we do monitor notifications but they run as simultaneous back ground processes in batches. We batch out notifications 25 at a time for each simultaneous thread. 

Some models only have a few followers so their process completes very quickly. Other models have 50K followers so it can take time for the process to complete.

image.png

Over the last year Curvage has had explosive growth. The software and hardware requirements have been very strenuous. We are determined to meet the needs of our customers. We are always working in the back on next level developments.

With that said, last FRIDAY was an anomaly, we had unusually high traffic (versus our normal traffic) and that is what caused disruptions to the system.

Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...