A Downward Trend (FINAL CHAPTER ON PG. 3)

maxymumspyder

Part 20

“You’re kidding me, right Joe?” Nicole pleaded, into her cell phone.

“I’m so sorry, Nic. I really am. I just can’t make it home this weekend. I have way too much work piled up here at school,” countered Joe, through the phone.

Nicole reached across her coffee table and opened a Budweiser. This was a beverage selection that was becoming more and more common for the former college partier, turned career oriented woman.

“It’s been so long since I’ve seen you though,” pouted Nicole. “All I want to do is just cuddle with you and watch a movie.”

“Yeah, cuddling... you did a lot of that last time,” retorted Joe. He was referring to 8 weeks earlier, when he and Nicole were last together. He was expecting a wild night of passionate love making. Instead, Joe was treated to a night of Nicole snoring on the couch, with her then 140 pound frame, testing the limits of the bland nightwear. At that point, Nicole had gained 13 pounds since they began dating. Joe certainly noticed. He had not, however, seen the following 19.9 pounds she added in the two months that ensued afterward.

“What the hell does that mean, Joe?” Nicole knew exactly what it meant. Truthfully, she felt terrible about that evening. Unfortunately, after working a 65 hour week, she could not summon the energy for sex. The extra 13 pounds of fat she had added due to poor diet and forgoing exercise also did not help with her energy levels 8 weeks. The 33 pounds of pork she had added total was really impacting her energy levels now.

“I’m sorry, Nic. I am. I do miss you,” said Joe.

“If you missed me so fucking much, you would come see me right now,” added Nicole. She was so upset that she couldn’t see her boyfriend that she was hellbent on channeling her emotions into anger. Nicole was going to start a fight.

“This is not the time to fight. I don’t have time for this. You sound like you’ve been drinking anyways. Get some rest, and we’ll talk tomorrow night.”

“You’re right, Joe. I don’t have time for this. Fuck you,” and with that, Nicole angrily hung up the phone.

The blossoming blond walked around her apartment for another half hour, steaming about the conversation she had earlier with her boyfriend. Nicole did care about him, and she did understand why he was so busy. He was in the one year MBA program at one of the best business schools in the region. Joe often talked about marriage with Nicole, buying a house, and eventually starting a family. He appeared to care deeply for her.

Regrettably, Nicole kept drinking and only become more angry. She on to Facebook, only to get a message from an old friend. It was “Hot” Rob.

“Hey Nicole, heard from Amanda that you lived out here now. I’m in town for business for the night. If you want we should meet up and grab a drink. PS - Your profile picture is fucking hot,” said Nicole, as she read the message out loud. Her profile picture was quite hot. It was over her formerly ripped body, in a bikini, right before she started her job at Nabisco.

“Hmmm...”

Nicole typed in a response, smiled, and walked toward her bedroom. She had a plan.

Ninety minutes later, and Nicole finally arrived at an upscale martini bar, roughly 15 minutes from her apartment. It was one of the nicest places in the downtown area, so she dressed up quite nicely.

“There you are!” said Rob, eyeing over Nicole. She was wearing a figure hugging, black cocktail dress. It was quite a stunning look on her, as it was cut just below mid thigh and showed off her modest B-cups.

Nicole went in for a hug. She felt a pang of guilt going to see Rob like this. However, what’s wrong with a couple of drinks between friends? What did it matter if, at their physical peaks, the two had an undeniable chemistry?

“It’s great to see you, Rob. You look great,” Nicole said, ignoring her guilt and giving into the honesty of her primal desires.

“You too,” said the well-dressed Rob.

Immediately, the old hook-up buddies sat down and discussed old times. They conveniently skipped over the episode where Nicole was blubbering around in her bikini, making a drunken 158 pound fool of herself in front of all their old high school friends. They also skipped the topic of Amanda, who had dated Rob for a brief period right before Nicole left for Spain.

“Hey, I’m going to run to the rest room. I’ll be right back,” said Nicole.

Nicole went to the bathroom to check her cell phone. She wanted to see if Joe had left a message apologizing to her. Unfortunately, she found no such message on her phone.

“Fuck him.”

As Nicole was walking back, Rob took a closer look at her body. Something just didn’t look right about the way she was dressed. Her breasts, which were always modest in size, looked surprisingly good. Nicole’s middle looked quite tight and toned tucked into the black dress as well. But something just didn’t seem right. It was as if her body wasn’t in proportion.

Rob first Nicole’s arms looked devoid of any muscle tone, a far cry from some of her bikini photos she posted on Facebook, flexing with some friends under the warm summer sun. In fact, her upper arms looked downright beefy, as if they belonged to someone 30 pounds heavier than the slim torso he saw in the black dress.

There was an unexpected thickness to Nicole’s thighs, just below the hem of the sexy black dress. Surely, those couldn’t be the legs of someone spending five or six nights per week in the gym. The thick, sausage like thighs looked like they belonged to a woman that frequented Wal-Mart for her styles. Further down, her calves were thick, forming an a muffin top like roll of chunk around her high heels, in same way that a pair of tight jeans does to waist of an individual two sizes to big to fit in them.

Perplexed, Rob continued to sip on his martini. Maybe it was just the alcohol affecting his judgment? He decided to forget about the anomalies in Nicole’s figure and continued the catch-up conversation.

“So, do you still have a boyfriend? Amanda was telling me you had one,” asked Rob, quite coyly.

The martinis were really beginning to have an effect on Nicole’s judgment. She thought briefly before giving her answer to Rob. Joe had not yet texted her back, and she was still fuming from the conversation they had earlier.

“Yeah... I don’t know... we’re a bit on the outs. We’ll see. He’s nice enough,” said Nicole, clearly unsure of how to answer the question.

Rob laughed at her and poked her side. Something just didn’t seem right about what he felt. The texture of Nicole’s middle did not match the visual of her middle. Again, Rob shrugged off the inconsistency and continued on with the conversation.

“Sounds like you guys are doing greeeeeaaaaatttt.....” said Rob, with an incredible level of sarcasm in his voice.

“Yeah. So uhhh, what are you doing in town?” countered Nicole, quickly trying to change the subject.

“Just in town this weekend for business, I leave tomorrow afternoon. You should see the sweet hotel room they hooked me up with. It’s like.. a 5 minute walk from here, tops.”

Rob looked Nicole square in the eyes as he uttered the last sentence with the utmost confidence. He knew exactly what he wanted, and tonight, he wanted to have sex with Nicole.

“Oh really?” said Nicole, the power of the martinis impairing her decision making, possibly putting her relationship with Joe in jeopardy.

“Yeah, why don’t we finish these and go check it out? We can get some champagne delivered up to the room,” asserted Rob.

Again, something just didn’t look right to Rob. Her face lacked the high cheekbone structure and elegant features he remembered from high school, or from her postings on Facebook. The visage looking back at him was more reminiscent of the fat girl that took a volleyball to the gut on the beach. This was the face of the fat, portly Nicole. Not the finely tuned smoke show he once fooled around with back in high school, or the girl he was excited to see tonight. The slight double chin, the rounded cheeks, and even the slight traces of acne underneath her makeup did not seem like features that belonged to someone with such a fit torso. Rob did his best to shake it off, as he took another swig from his martini and placed it down on the table.

“Man, these are strong!” said Rob, internally blaming Nicole’s inconsistence appearance on his alcohol intake.

“Yeah, they are... Why don’t we go back to your hotel room?”

Nicole had made the leap of faith. She was on the road to cheating on Joe. It didn’t matter though, she only had one thing on her brain. Nicole wanted to have sex with “Hot” Rob.

They quickly left the bar and made their way to the hotel. Nicole noted how winded she felt. She blamed it on the booze as the pair boarded the hotel elevator and went to Rob’s room.

The door flew open to Rob’s room and the two made their way in aggressively, kissing one another passionately as the door shut behind them. Rob grabbed Nicole and picked her up. Immediately, he knew something was wrong. It was as if his strength had been sapped from him.

“Everything okay, Rob?” said Nicole with concern.

“Yeah, ummm.. I don’t know, I guess I didn’t expect you to be so...”

“So what?”

“Uhhh... hot.”

The truth was, Rob didn’t expect her to be so heavy. It was all starting to come together for him now. His next move was to undress her.

“Ohhhh, taking what you want,” said Nicole, blissfully unaware of what was going to happen next.

Rob adeptly unzipped the back of her dress and pulled it off of her, noting how difficult it was to move the dress the further it went down her body. What was before him explained all the discrepancies he had noticed in Nicole’s figure.

“What the hell...”

“What’s wrong?” said Nicole, panicked.

Conveniently, there was a full length mirror looking back at her.

“Shit... my spanx!” Nicole forgot she had put them on before going out. It was the only way to get her body into the size 8 cocktail dress.

There she was, with her dress in a pile at her feet, standing in a pair of spanx and a black strapless bra. Before Nicole could utter another word, Rob began to pull the spanx off her body.

“What do we have here?” asked Rob, knowing just what the answer would be.

“Hold on, I’ll help you,” said Nicole, hoping Rob wouldn’t mind the last minute wardrobe addition she made in order to help hide the physical truth from him. After struggling for a few minutes, she was finally free from the spanx. She felt a great relief, as she was finally able to breath normally for the first time all evening.

“Phhew... that’s better,” Nicole said in relief.

“Is it?” replied Rob.

Nicole began to turn red, realizing just what he was referring to. Nicole’s inflated figure was on full display for him to see. She stood their, vulnerable in her strapless black bra, and mismatched, bland white panties. She had just purchased the underwear at Target a day or two earlier. It was the comfortable granny style, made of pale white cotton with small, pale purple flowers littering the surface area of the underwear. Nicole’s blubbery and alcohol bloated belly crested over the top of the cheap cotton underwear, causing the waist band to fold under the brunt of her gut.

“Why wouldn’t it be?” Nicole said, inching closer to Rob as he backed away.

Rob couldn’t believe how badly he had been hoodwinked. Nicole looked exactly like she did that drunken afternoon on the beach two months ago. In fact, she looked even fatter and more pathetic, as she stood their in the nerdy looking pair of underwear and black bra, with pockets of fat erupting where ever the garments pinched her.

“Umm... I guess you don’t update Facebook all that much, do you?” quipped Rob.

Nicole just stood their, completely speechless, with her pulpy and cellulite thighs touching each other helpless, all the way down to her knees. At was at this moment that guilt began to wash over. She was stripped to her underwear, in front of another man that wasn’t Joe. She quickly grabbed her black dress and rushed to the bathroom to put her clothes back on.

“Oh my god, what am I doing?!” panicked Nicole. She quickly squeezed back into the dress. Only there was one problem, it didn’t fit.

“Hey Nic, I think you need this,” said Rob, as he opened the door part way and handed Nicole her spanx.

“Thanks.” Nicole couldn’t have been more embarrassed at this point. She quickly got dressed, now painfully aware of every pound of fat she had destroyed her formerly athletic frame with. The worst part was, she this was the SECOND TIME she had blimped out.

“Hey Rob, I think I’m just going to go. Thanks for the drinks.”

And with that, Nicole waddled out of the hotel room. Knowing that she was a bit too intoxicated to drive, she stopped off at a diner to help soak up the alcohol with a late night snack.

Nicole sat in the diner silently, thinking of all the things that had changed in her life. She had once gotten fat, then lost the weight, then got into fantastic shape and landed an amazing job, and now she was gaining all the weight back again. She felt so out of control, despite having a wonderful boyfriend and a great job. A great job that helped her pack on 33 pounds.

Two hours later, Nicole finally made it home. She stripped out of the dress and her spanx immediately. She texted Joe, telling him how much she loved him and how sorry she was about the fight earlier. Nicole was careful not too mention what had actually happened.

Clad still in only her underwear, Nicole grabbed a hold of her gelatinous belly and gave it a shook.

“Well, on the bright side, you kept me from ruining my relationship and banging Rob. Thanks, pot belly.”

Nicole patted her belly one more time, missing the formerly rock hard abs that used to be in its place. At that moment, she had an idea, but not one that gave her a good feeling. It had been two weeks since she weighed herself and discovered that she had hit 159 pounds. The blond was able to take solace in the fact that she wasn’t over 160 pounds. Tonight, she was going to check her weight again, just to reassure herself.

The panty wearing princess bent over and reached for the scale under her bed, taking not of the two thick rolls that formed while she was in that position. Upon retrieving it, she took a deep breath, and stepped on it.

“Well, it’s official. This is the fattest I have ever been in my life... Good bye 150s.”

The number 164.4 was staring back at her in angry, red digits.

Part 21

“Alright, lots to get done today, Nicole! First, some breakfast,” Nicole said to herself, reminding her of the busy Saturday afternoon she had ahead of herself.

The holiday season was officially in full swing. Professionally, it had been an excellent year for Nicole. She had been working at Nabisco for just over a year. Before Thanksgiving, Nicole received yet another raise, making that three in one single calendar year. Her sales figures were off the chart. Unfortunately, so were the fluctuations in her weight.

Nearly four months had past since Nicole’s infamous night in the hotel with Rob. She struggled with the guilt of that evening. The blond couldn’t believe how close she was to cheating on her loving boyfriend, Joe, with a shallow high school crush. Nicole was thankful she was able to exercise restraint that night. Or at least that’s what she told herself.

The truth was, had Rob not been disgusted by the 33 pounds she had packed on, they would have had sex. Deep down, Nicole knew this to be true. However, she was too proud to ever admit it. Furthermore, she was too scared to ever admit to Joe that she even ended up in a hotel room with Rob. It was a memory she chose to suppress.

The advances in Nicole’s professional life had afforded her a bit more of a lavish lifestyle. Nabsico’s star employee had recently purchased and moved into a home. While it was no mansion, it was an excellent starter property located in a very nice neighborhood. For a 20something professional, Nicole was advancing quite quickly. Also, blond’s taste for alcohol had evolved beyond Budweiser. She had recently become a connoisseur of wine, sticking mostly to merlots.

Nicole’s relationship with Joe had improved a bit in the past four months. She made more of an effort to be available to him. Their schedules still prevented them from seeing each other with any frequency. They had only spent four weekends together in the past four months. It had been just over a month since they last saw each other. Even their sex life had improved, though, it was nowhere near as active as when she weighed 127 pounds and went to the gym 5 to 6 days per week. Still, there was a closeness she felt with Joe, and vice versa. It was comfortable.

“This looks good,” Nicole thought to herself.

The blond reached into the fridge and pulled out a container of chicken alfredo and package with 3 bread sticks. It was leftover from last night’s trip to the Oliver Garden for take out. As she shut the refrigerator door, a slip of paper with some dates and figures stared back to her. 

10/15: 168 lbs (START OF DIET)

10/22: 166 lbs

10/29: 170.5 lbs (Period, just water weight!)

11/5: 171 lbs

11/12: 171.8 lbs

11/17: 174 lbs

Nicole shuddered when she looked at it. She left these figures on her refrigerator as a means to track her diet. Discouraged by her initial results, she had not stepped on the scale in nearly a month. Then again, she felt like she had been very good the past few weeks of eating. After all, how many calories could her left over chicken alfredo dinner and bread sticks have in at anyway?

1020 calories, actually.

Nicole heated up her “breakfast” in the microwave and looked at the clock. It was already 12:15pm. Sleeping in on Saturday’s was not uncommon for her these days. She often took naps during the weekend as well. Today, she was starting off her Saturday with dinner, for breakfast, during the hour normal people eat lunch. A year ago, she would have been finished with one of Ellie’s boot camp classes at the gym. And now? She was still wearing her pale blue robe and pink fluffy slippers.

2 minutes later, Nicole pulled her fattening meal from the microwave.

“Alright, so Joe will be here by 2pm. Then we’ll go out to his Uncle’s Christmas party. That gives me plenty of time to get those cookies baked and get ready,” she said to herself, confidently.

Nicole opened a cabinet and reached up to check she had the ingredients for the cookies. As she stood up on her tippy toes, the front of her robe came undone.

The blond was still wearing the same mismatched bra and panty combo she had fallen asleep in the evening before. Nicole’s near 40 pound weight gain had apparently sapped her of the ability to match undergarments, as she was wearing a green bra she had purchased recently at Wal-Mart and a pair of red bikini briefs, covered in dalmatians wearing Santa hats.

In a way, she was quite festive. She had even graduated to buying a C-cup, a 38-C in fact. Of course, bigger breasts come with a price. Nicole paid the price by recently being forced to purchase underwear with an L on the sizing tag. She was officially large. The days of purchasing sexy garments from Victoria Secret well behind her... large behind.

Nicole opened a drawer to find some utensils. As she reached down, the fat around her abdomen pooled together, forming one gigantic thick roll of lard that threatened to escape her body, if not for the overtaxed skin that labored to contain it. In fact, the skin had labored so hard to contain her fat that it was now beginning to acquire stretch marks. And not just the silvery type either, as there were now some angry red stretch marks. They were around her love handles in particular, that were threatening to become a permanent part of figure, regardless of her weight.

The added abdominal pork not only made Nicole significantly softer, but it also made her naval much deeper. It would likely now hold as much liquid as a shot glass. Nicole’s gain was now beginning to add width, and not just depth, as she was developing a true barrel shape to match the bloated geometry of her gut. Her pot belly was beginning to give way to a 55 gallon drum.

Becoming a C-cup was one of the only silver linings in sky full of black clouds for Nicole. However, even that did not come without it’s drawbacks. Her blossoming chest was still not growing at a rate equivalent to the rest of her body. Not too mention, there was a lack of perkiness that came with her bigger breasts, giving them almost more of matronly feel. Also, they were littered with silvery stretch marks, just like the rest of her body.

Nicole grabbed her food and plodded slowly over to her favorite couch. The blond had acquired a slow and rather ungraceful waddle since breaking 165 pounds. This consequence came from breaking the threshold of chubby, into being full blown fat. She could feel each one of her bulbous ass cheeks shaking violently inside the confines of her panties. Despite the walk being less than 15 feet from the kitchen, she stopped halfway through to pick a wedgie.

Thigh chafing was also an experience quite foreign to Nicole. Her pulpy thighs rubbed together all the time now, as they touched from just below her knees, all the way up to her meaty nether regions. The backs of her legs were littered in cellulite. The front of her legs were now just beginning to show signs of cellulite.

It was a shocking change for someone that had such shapely legs just a year earlier. Nicole would often sit and flex her quad and calf muscles when she was going to the gym, impressed with how strong and lean they were. Now, they had atrophied and were covered in dimply fat. She also had joint pain that she never once had before.

Nicole sat down in a hefty huff on the couch and grabbed the remote. Her porky belly swelled up into a beefy tire that exploded aggressively over her panties and rested comfortably on her plump thighs. The blond switched channels until finally settling on one of the premium movie channels.

“Alright, so I’ll finish this, take a shower, and then get to work on the cookies,” Nicole said out loud, to no one in particular.

The blond chowed down on her food, eating with the same aggression she once used while working out. She stopped only to wipe food from her face.

The changes in Nicole’s face were becoming the most difficult to bare. Her face changed quite significantly in college when she hit 160 pounds. However, it still maintained some level of cuteness, despite the fact she had a double chin, chipmunk cheeks, and some acne. Unfortunately, hitting 174 pounds had changed her face even more.

Any chance at chubby, girlish cuteness had vanished. The added weight actually aged Nicole, making her appear closer to her mid to late 30s than mid 20s. Like a polygamist with his wives, Nicole’s double chin had added a third, taking away any appearance of a jawline. Her cheeks looked like two rosy balloons, rising upwards to her eye sockets, obscuring the beautiful blue almond shaped eyes so many men had starred into in the past. Even her nose had become thicker, almost more snout like. It was like she was undergoing Princess Fiona’s transformation. Only this was real life, and not the animated movie Shrek.

Soon, Nicole had finished her food and found herself zoned out in the television. She yawned and looked up at the clock.

“Damn, it’s almost 1... Need to get going I feel so tired though...”

Nicole sprawled out on the couch, her thick belly easily succumbing to gravity and settling down on the couch next to her. It was almost as if it was an entity all unto itself. The blond’s robe was now fully undone, showcasing her growth to the fullest extent. Nicole felt foggier and more tired, before finally dozing off on the couch.

The bloated young woman awoke gently. She looked around her, first taking note that the sun had gone down already. It was after all, December 15th. 

“Umm.. what.... OH NO! Joe!”

Nicole hefted herself up with a great effort. She looked at her cell phone, which was sitting on the coffee table. There was one unread text message on it. It was from Joe.

“Hey, I came in and saw you sprawled out asleep on the couch. I didn’t have time to wait for you to get ready so I took off. I didn’t want to wake you. Must be pretty tired to be sound asleep in the afternoon. I’m at my Uncle’s now. Maybe I’ll see you later. Maybe not... Must be really working hard at the gym to be that tired....”

Nicole was horrified. Not only had she slept through a family But her boyfriend had witnessed her passed out, in her underwear, deep in a REM sleep induced food coma.

“Dammit.” Nicole picked up the phone and called Joe. There was no answer. She quickly got up and run as fast as her fat body could to the shower.

Upon reaching the shower, Nicole quickly disrobed and turned the hot water on. If she hustled, there would be time for her to make the party after all. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted the scale.

“Maybe this will be some good news,” Nicole said, as she stepped on to the scale.”

182.7 lbs

“FUCK. I thought I had lost weight!”

Deep down, Nicole knew that was a ridiculous thing to believe. With the holidays in full swing at work, she had turned into an more determined eating machine, devouring all the snacks that coworkers were suddenly flushed with. It was no wonder she wasn’t 200 pounds at this point.

At 183 pounds, Nicole was officially classified as obese. She had gained 56 pounds since taking her job at Nabisco. The odds of her ever slimming down were nonexistent.

Begrudgingly, Nicole took her shower and got dressed. As she went through her closet, she was given painful reminders of what once was, seeing a multitude of size 2 and size 4 garments throughout the selections. She finally grabbed a pair of size 16s and squeezed herself into them.

“I guess it does make sense... I’m a size 16....”

At that moment, Nicole took anything smaller than a size 12 out of her closet and threw it in a pile on the floor.

“What’s the point?”

Nicole went into the kitchen for a garbage back, on the way, she saw the chart she had made for her diet progress.

“Screw this.”

She tore up the piece of paper and threw it in the trash.

20 minutes later, Nicole’s closet and bureau were void of any clothing choices that reminded her of skinny days. They now resided in trash bags, just like one of Dexter Morgan’s victims.

“I’ll donate these tomorrow... time to get to the party.”

45 minutes later, Nicole made it to the party. She didn’t have an opportunity to make cookies, so she stopped and picked some up at a grocery store. Along with 2 Big Macs from McDonald’s. Nicole arrived to many slack jawed looks and shocked responses, the most obvious coming from Joe’s mother.

“Hi Nicol...... Wow. Hi! Ummm.... You look, uhhhh.... Wow. Happy Holidays, sweetheart.”

The whispers continued on for the rest of the night. At one point, Joe’s mother pulled him aside to ask if she was pregnant. Nicole overheard them all, but she didn’t care. The last time they laid eyes on her, she weighed 130 pounds. Now, she was 50 pounds heavier. She spent the rest of the evening, eating with reckless abandon.

I don't want it to end  :'(

Alright, seriously, yes, I think it should end with a high point, both in terms of Nicole's weight and how far she goes with her gluttony. Let those clothes be decimated! Let her be humiliated! Let Joe facepalm as he watches from afar, Nicole scooping huge spoonfuls of mashed potatoes lathered in thick gravy into her waiting maw!

But, it's up to you man.

I feel like the roommate should be involved in someway, finally seeing the fulfillment of the plan she put in motion in college.

Yeah, I'd like to see some closure with both the roommate and the old high school friend.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is a chance I'll write a final chapter. I have an idea of what I want to do. Can't promise it'll be very long or have a ridiculously dramatic ending. I've had a couple of other ideas I've had kicking around for awhile that I want to write. The problem is sitting down and actually making them happen.

I'm always open to suggestions!

• 3 months later...

So you guys have asked for a final chapter now for well over a year, since before Curvage 1.0 went under. Tonight, I took the time to actually sit down and finish it. This story was a labor of love and one I enjoyed writing. I also had no idea how to end it. Hopefully, this isn't a let down. Furthermore, I'm hoping it gets me writing a little bit more fiction for the sake of exercising that part of my imagination.

Without further adieu, enjoy:

“Nicole, are you sure you can’t make it to the fitting. It would really mean a lot to me.”

“Yeah, Amanda... I’m just way too busy right now to make it.”

“But you’re my maid-of-honor,” replied Nicole’s best friend Amanda from the other end of the phone, “I want to make sure you have a say in what bridesmaid dresses you pick out.”

Nicole sighed, as she laboriously sat up on the couch, pulling down her plain white t-shirt as it had ridden up over her impossibly soft tummy.

“I know, I know Amanda. But you always had great taste. I’m sure you’ll pick out something that we will all look good in.”

“Oh come on, Nic. You have always been so well dressed and put together.”

Nicole looked down at her grey sweatpants, noting a left over chocolate ice cream stain that never quite washed out. She ran her fingers through her short, dirty blond mane. The “bob” hairstyle had been something recently adopted in her hair care repertoire.

“Yeah.... can you hold on a second.”

“Sure.”

The corpulent young woman placed her iPhone down on her lap, reached over to the coffee table, and picked up a half eaten pint of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream and a spoon. The spoon was soon filled with the fattening treat and quickly deposited down her gullet.

“Ithinfnkf you canmaake a goodchoicewiihhhrwithout me” 

“What was that?”

Nicole swallowed the ice cream.

“Sorry, I said I think you can make a good choice without me there.”

“But Nic, I haven’t seen you in ages.”

Nicole again paused, this time reaching over towards the coffee table one more, picking up her asthma inhaler. The movements almost seemed to leave her completely robbed of her wind.

*puff* *puff*

“What was that?” wondered Amanda.

“Nothing... Look, I know it’s been awhile, but I’m just too busy today,” replied Nicole, all while flipping through her DVR, looking at unwatched episodes of the NBC hit, “The Biggest Loser.”

“... Okay... Well, I have to run to the gym. I’m down 15 pounds!”

Nicole turned the color of a tomato, despite being alone. She shoveled another three spoonfuls of ice cream into her oft used digestive system.

“That’s... that’s good. A bride has to look good. Take care.”

“Okay, well, I hope to see you soon. At least get me your measurements and said them in soon enough!”

“Alright, see ya.”

Nicole closed out the conversation, carelessly flipping her phone across the couch. She settled into the couch comfortably with her ice cream and began attacking the pint like a lawyer countering a bad argument.

Five months had passed since the holidays. Things with her career at Nabisco had come to a screeching halt, as she had now left the sales department, making a lateral move to a desk job. She cited the grind from the road, amongst other things, that motivated her to take a permanent post at a desk. The truth was that she had failed to meet sales goals for three consecutive quarters. Her bosses were not pleased, and gently suggested she switch career arcs within the company. Nicole put up very little resistance.

In that time, her childhood best friend Amanda had gotten engaged. Immediately after the engagement, Amanda reached out to her friend and asked her to be the maid of honor. Though she would not admit it out loud, Nicole knew what that meant. Covering her wildly inflated figure in a bridesmaid dress and standing in front of everyone. It also meant she would be immortalized in photos. These were all things that horrified her. Photos were the very reason she closed her Facebook account shortly after Christmas.

Just then her phone was ringing again. This time, the call was from her mother. At this moment, she regretted throwing her phone so carelessly across the couch.

“Oh fuck me,” uttered Nicole, as she struggled to contort and move her overfed body towards the phone. Whatever physical finesse and grace Nicole had ever developed had been shrouded in an utter lack of athleticism and eroded dexterity. In what can only be described as a maneuver of naval level complexity, she grabbed the phone and answered. Annoyingly, her plain white t-shirt rode up again.

“Hey mom.”

“She’s your best friend Nicole... why aren’t you going today?”

“Mom...”

“You should be there for Amanda.”

“How did you...”

“Her mother called me. What is keeping you so busy anyways?”

“Noth... I have some work stuff to do.”

“On a Saturday at noon?”

“No.. I mean ye...” 

“Also, you missed the meeting the other day.”

“Mom!”

“Look, we both agreed to do weigh watchers together. It was even my birthday present to you. You can’t be skipping meetings.” 

“I know... I know...”

“Don’t let the three pounds you gained at the last meeting discourage you.” 

“...”

“I know it’s hard. It’s been hard for me too! We both used to be thinner and it’s not easy kick starting the metabolism again. I’ve lost 12 pounds already and it hasn’t been easy! I’m back under 175 for the first time and I don’t know how long... You can get below 200 pounds, sweetie!” 

The last line stung. For years, Nicole was smaller than her mother. Even her sister, who had gained a significant amount of weight over the years, was always bigger than Nicole. Now, she outweighed them both. She was the fattest one in the family.

“Even your sister Jennifer has lost some weight!”

“Look, I’ll go the next one.”

“Alright, well, you better. You have asthma now sweetie. You need to make some changes.”

Nicole thought to herself silently, “and sleep apnea too.” 

“And sleep apnea too,” followed up her mother, echoing Nicole’s thoughts out loud. “Joe can’t enjoy sleeping next to you with that gigantic machine at night. Though, he does that really good impression of that Batman guy when he puts the mask on!” 

“... That’s not funny mom.”

“What’s the bad guy’s name?”

“...”

“Oh yes, Bane! your father just reminded me. Well look, go get fitted. We’ll talk soon!” 

“Bye.”

Despite Joe’s irritating insistence that Nicole’s apnea mask made her look like Bane, he was still the love of her life. In fact, it was the one creature comfort she enjoyed. Things with Joe had gone quite well recently. She was in love.

Soon after hanging up, Nicole drifted into a light sleep.

“Wake up, babe!”

“Huh.... errrghhh... Oh, hi Joe. I didn’t think you would be home so early.” 

“I’m just stopping in for a late lunch. It’s almost 1:30. You’re supposed to be at that fitting.”

“I... I don’t think I’m going.” 

“Ohhhhh yes you are! Come on, get up. I’ll get the shower going for you.”

“No... come on... Lets just lay on the couch.”

“I have actual work to do today, you’re getting out of the house. Besides, I’m going to put the afternoon game on and have a few of the boys over.”

“What!?”

“Yup. So lets go!”

Joe followed up his command with a playful, yet forceful slap on Nicole’s thigh, causing a flesh tsunami to quiver up her entire body. He then leaned in, gave the short haired blond a kiss, and with all his strength helped get her off the couch.

Upon standing up, it was clear the Nicole’s joints had seen better days, as she was slow to get off the couch. The silence in the room was broken by the creaking and cracking of her knees and ankles. Again, Nicole pulled down at the pesky white t-shirt that had again ridden up. Her soft, pulpy stomach was hanging beneath the t-shirt and crashing over the top of her sweats like a wave on a windy day. The elastic bands at the ankles of the sweats were stuck around her thick and meaty calf muscles.

“Fine,” Nicole pouted.

She trudged slowly off the bathroom to shower and get ready. Each step was awkward and uncomfortable as the last, with the hardwood floor boards in the living room groaning with each step, almost mimicking her own groans on her journey towards the bathroom.

A half hour later, she emerged from the bedroom clad only in her bathrobe.

“Hubba hubba! Look at you!” Joe said excitedly.

“Stop... I.. I don’t have anything to wear!”

Nicole reached into the pocket of her bathrobe and took another drag from the inhaler.

“Oh come on, just put on that big flowy summer dress you like to wear!”

Joe just used the wrong word, big.

“BIG!?”

“No no, you know what I mean! Babe, you look so hot in it.” Joe reached in and planted a kiss on her chipmunk cheek. Delicately dragging a finger underneath her near triple chin.

“The boys will be her soon.. and if you stay in that robe any longer... I’m going to take it off you!”

Nicole faked a smile, and trudged back into the bedroom to put on the dress.

After a quick change, Nicole was out the door. These days, she didn’t waste her time with makeup. Joe preferred in that way. Most of her old beauty routine had long since gone the way of American Indian land. It simply vanished.

“Yeah Amanda... I’ll be there in twenty minutes.”

Nicole hung up the phone and pulled into the Dunkin Donuts drive-thru.

“Hi, I’ll take two chocolate glazed donuts and a large ice coffee. Extra cream and sugar.” 

“Regular sugar?”

“No, extra,” Nicole said almost irritated, tugging down at her sundress, which had ridden up when she first climbed into her car. She frowned as she looked at her positive enormous thighs, devoid of all muscle tone, spreading across the drivers seat.

“Okay, pull up to the second window.”

Upon pulling up to the second window, Nicole undid her seatbelt. It was simply too constricting to to pay for the transaction and grab her goods with it on. And dug deeply into her belly and often made driving long distances uncomfortable.

Finally, she had arrived at the bridal shop. Nicole scanned to see which cars were there. Thankfully, it was only Amanda’s. Either the other bridesmaids hadn’t been invited, or they had yet to arrive. Nicole was hoping for the former and not the latter.

Nicole climbed out of her car in sections. The added weight was painful noticeable to her whenever she did. It was a painful reminder for just how far she had let herself go. She gave herself a once over, took a puff of her inhaler, and made her way into the store. From a distance, she spotted Amanda.

Amanda was a site to behold, wearing a tight flowery dress. It was cut right in all the right places in order to flatter her curves. While she was not in the best shape of her life, Amanda was noticeably slimmer since the last time they rendezvoused. She looked absolutely tremendous, and tanned.

The blond walked over to Amanda, who was with her mother discussing dresses with the clerk. The clerk looked at Nicole.

“Can I help you?”

Amanda, her mother, and the clerk both looked blankly at Nicole. After an uncomfortable pause, Amanda realized who it was.

“Ni.. Nicole!!!!!!”

She ran over and gave her friend a hug, her arms sinking into the soft form.

“Hi Amanda!”

“Wow... hi Nicole!” said the mother, also embracing her.

“You look... it’s so great to see you, Nic!” said Amanda, standing in shock in front of her friend.

“Yeah... so do you!”

While the friends shared an excited embrace, there was an air of awkwardness to it all. Amanda was slack jawed from the figure standing before her.

“It’s great you’re here. I knew you would come. It’s just us today, because I wanted to pick out a special dress for you!”

“A special dress?” replied Nicole, to Amanda. “Where is Annabelle and Tamryn?”

Nicole hadn’t seen either of their old friends since the faithful beach day years before, where she got drunk and had a volleyball land off her 155 pound gut. She remembered that day, and that figure vividly. She had gained over 30 pounds then. How she wished to be that pudgy again.

“Oh, well, we went out another day together to get their dresses. Plus, your mom suggested we have a best friends day.”

“Oh.”

The truth of the matter was that Nicole’s mother had filled in Amanda on her daughter’s figure issues. Rather than expose her daughter to the embarrassment of being sized up with her supremely fit former friends, it would be better if she was isolated. Of course, this conversation was something never to be repeated to Nicole.

The clerk chimed in, “well, lets get to it, shall we? We have an incredible selection of dresses for all sizes and shapes. We have this red dress already picked out that we think would fit you great. Usually, we go two sizes up from what you normally wear. So this here is a...”

“Lets just head in the dressing room and check it out,” Amanda stopped her from finishing the sentence. “Then we’ll go from there.”

Nicole and Amanda plodded into the dressing room. Amanda motioned to Nicole to remove her sundress. “Sorry, if this makes you uncomfortable, but I’ll have to do you up in the back.”

The truth was that Nicole’s arms were so pudgy that she wouldn’t have been able to reach behind her broad back.

Begrudgingly, Nicole stripped off her sundress. What was beneath was frankly shocking to Amanda.

Long gone was the figure of a perfectly and naturally gorgeous 120 pound girl. What stood before her was a 5’5”, overly exaggerated pear. Nicole was wearing a pair of large, plain white cotton panties, and plain white bra that dug into her skin at every turn, with soft, almost deflated C-cups filling its front. Her ankles were painfully thick, and red, likely caused from the added weight they had been supporting from her uncontrolled growth. Her calf muscles were replaced by the dreaded “lower leg thigh”, which traveled unimpeded by any shape up to her actual thighs. Her thighs were littered in cellulite, both on the front and in the back. Each leg was a certifiable tree trunk. She had long since past the sausage stage.

Her hips were painfully magnified, making up the largest circumference of her entire body. These were not the hips of an overweight girl in her mid 20s, but of an obese matron well into her 40s. Amanda looked on in shock that her friend had suddenly morphed into a soccer mom.

Her ass, once her prized physical possession, had exploded in all direction. Some how, it seemed to be bulbous, wide, and almost flat all at once. The once pert bubble butt had burst, like the housing market, oozing out unencumbered pudge in all different directions. The panties, which no doubt were a size extra-large, were struggling to restrain it’s contents. Nicole had the body of a mother of 3, yet had no progeny to show for.

Second only to her ass, Nicole once had naturally firm and feminine abs, untouched by years of beer drinking and an unrestrained assault of empty calories. Like all great things, their reign to came to an end. In their place? A gigantic pot gut, hanging mockingly over the top of her panties. She was no longer just a girl that had gained 30, 40, or even 50 pounds that was sporting a growing paunch. She had the enormous belly of a fat woman. Her navel was cavernous, and the depths at much the adipose tissue ran were unfathomable. Not even Mike Tyson in his 1986 boxing prime could’ve landed a body punch that wouldn’t ended at a wall of abdominal muscle. She had taken on the shape of a middle age Wal-Mart shopper.

The blond’s arms were thick and flabby, with a physically useless look that screamed, “couch potato.” Any movement in her upper body caused them to shake, almost shamefully. Her bra cut deeply into her underarms, causing an undeniable squishiness to erupt from where the straps met her skin.

Her face had grown so much, she was almost unrecognizable. She looked like she had an allergic reaction to a bee sting, as her cheeks had swelled out to almost cartoonish levels. Her once perfect jawline had gone well beyond softening, it was simply no longer there. Nicole now had two and a half chins. Unfortunately, her short haircut did little to compliment her round, moon shaped face.

Just then, there was a knock on the dressing room door.

“Hey guys, if you don’t mind, I just need to pop in and take a measurement.”

Nicole turned bright red, which was impressive, given how pallid her skin was.

“Can you grab my inhaler from my purse, Amanda?”

“Sure.”

With that, Amanda swung the door open, her mother took in the same sight her daughter just did.

“Oh... oh,” said the clerk. “Shall I wait.”

“No, it’s fine,” said Nicole, almost resigned to the fact.

Amanda gave Nicole the inhaler and she took three puffs. The clerk then walked in and began taking measurements. Nicole could feel every inch of her fat being pinched by the tape. Strangely, even being half-naked and shocking her best friend, she seemed not to care. Nicole had accepted her reality.

“Okay.. the hips... lets see.” 

Nicole winced as the tape dug in.

“Now the waist.”

Her belly bunched up despite minimal pressure applied from the tape. The clerk wrote down the figures.

“And now the bust!”

Nicole felt her soft, deflated breasts being manipulated lightly by the tape. Even in obesity, they had grown in a fashion that did little for her figure.

“Alright, that dress is a size 18, but that might be small. I’m going to grab a 22.” 

“... A what?”

Amanda stepped in quickly and shut the door.

“Nicole, is everything alright?”

“Yes,” she faked.

“It’s just that... I don’t know. Everything going okay? Joe doing well?” 

That was the one thing that was going right.

“Amanda, I weigh 228 pounds. I’ve gained 107 pounds since being a college freshman. I gained 40 pounds in college, lost it all, got into great shape. Then I put on 100 freaking pounds. I’m fucking fat. And you’re not.”

“Jesus,” Amanda blurted.

“You said it, man.”

“You were in such awesome shape before though, you can drop some weight. You’ll look beautiful up there anyways!” 

“No, no I can’t.”

Just then, Nicole was brought back to something her mother told her before she left for college some years before:

[“Whatever you do, Nicole, just remember what happened to your sister.”

“Stop mom. Seriously.”

And after a loving embrace with her parents, the newly minted college freshman shut the door to her dorm room, bidding her parents good bye, and welcoming in a new lifestyle, filled with its own challenges and triumphs.]

Nicole spoke out loud, “I not only turned into my sister, but I turned into two of her.”

A half hour later, and the fitting was over. Nicole’s size 22 dress had been ordered. She was now set for the wedding. Nicole, Amanda, and Amanda’s mother left the bridal shop for a quick lunch and some catching up. Shortly there after, she headed home.

Nicole pulled into her driveway, and surprisingly, none of Joe’s friends had arrived yet. This seemed strange to her. She plodded out of her car, not to forget the second ice coffee she purchased for the day, and made her way inside.

Before inserting the key in the door, Nicole poured her coffee out onto her door step. The sugar was still coating the bottom at the bottom of the cup.

“I have to stop this, I have to change,” she said to herself, defiantly. “I’m going to lose this weight,” as she grabbed her portly and prominent abdomen, giving it a defiant shake.

She opened the door and walked in, catching Joe by surprise, who was sprinkling rose petals on the floor leading to the bedroom.

“Oh shit!!! Nicole!!! You’re not supposed to be home yet!” 

“Joe, what is this???? I thought you were watching the game.” 

“I... I’m not watching the game. I was planning something special for you.” 

“Wait... what? Like what?”

“Like this...” 

Her boyfriend dropped down to one knee.

“Might as well at this point... Nicole, will you marry me?” 

The fat blond was stunned. With tears welling up in her eyes, she nodded.

“Is that a yes?”

“Of course it is!!!”

And with that, the couple embraced.

EPILOGUE:

Three months had gone by since the engagement. Joe was standing in front of the bathroom door, conversing with his bride to be.

“I’m so proud of you Nic, you’ve lost 8 pounds in the last three months! You’ll break 220 soon enough! Before you know it, you’ll be back under 200 pounds!”

Suddenly, the door swung open. Nicole looked at Joe, half smiling, half shaking her head.

“I don’t know about that one, Joe... I’m... We’re.... Uhmm.. pregnant.”

FIN.

Thank you to everyone that read and enjoyed this very very very very long story.