Friend, Family, Co-worker Comments

emeraldelk

Wanted to hear you guy’s stories / remember reactions to either your or someone else’s weight gain. Maybe some comments at Thanksgiving by a family member, or a friend being overly blunt. 

I remember a while back I was out with a coworker at a restaurant that did huge portions. I was pretty full but my coworker couldn’t finish hers so I offered to finish it for her. Afterwards she looked at me shocked and said “Damn you’re getting fat, you look pregnant!”

It was super hot, I didn’t realise she was so blunt, so whenever we went out together I would deliberately stuff myself just to get a reaction from her.

What kind of reactions have you had / seen? 

Ok so i think i can probably add quite alot to this because of my rather uncommon circumstances that make comments (unfortunately, although fortunately in my case) very common

So for some background context, i used to suffer from a ED, I was about 38-43kg through my late teens (at about 5'6) but slowly through the body positivity movement i started to break the cycle and eventually got lead into finding weight gain and being fat as almost a relief and reward making myself happy that im no longer starving myself and then this lead to finding gaining and chubby girls like me attractive and so on

And because gaining became almost the reward for me, and with my metabolism being so slow after years of not eating much, ive shot up about 45kg (and continuing) in about a year (im now 85kg)

Because my gain was so large and so fast there are alot of cases where i last saw people at literally half my weight and because of this ive had alot of comments and reactions (which is lucky i like it because it can make some peoples EDs retrigger so it makes me worried for others recovering honestly) 

I will keep adding to this as things pop back in my head in my free time, but for now heres the one most prominent in my head

This was soon after i had started craving my gain, i was about 20kg up in about 4 months or something and starting to look very chubby, it was my birthday and one of my friends had got me a skirt i had said i loved the look of some months prior, and because she had bought it long in advance it was definitely many sizes to small now. Before i unwrapped it she stopped me and said "look im sorry if it doesnt fit but" and she looked down at my belly that had spilled over my jeans waistband "you have got a little big since i bought them" she paused looking at my confused face "you can still try them but you will probably need a couple sizes up", later one of my other friends asked if i could try it on and show them, then the one who bought it said "you dont have to do it now just incase your to big". I loved the struggle of getting them on so much, the hook closed after a couple minutes of struggle but the zip didnt budge and my upper belly was bursting over the top so much i could hide my hand inside the roll forced into my belly by the skirts waistband, when i showed it off there were looks of amazement "you werent this size when i got them" is the main thing i remember being said, i was soon encouraged to take them off

My girlfriend and her sister are, at a quick glance, like duplicates of each other - or used to be. Today, the biggest difference is that my girlfriend is probably almost twice as heavy as her sister. 😂  Her sister has yet to say anything directly to me, but I have noticed many times how shocked she stares at the waistline of her formerly tiny little sister. We're not exactly on the best of terms, and I think she's a bit bitter about how chunky my company has turned her sister into. I hope that one day a comment or two will slip through her lips. Maybe this Christmas? Last year, though, she had bought my girlfriend a nightdress as a Christmas present, which was not just one but two sizes too small. The ensuing awkward conversation was lovely to listen to. 😅

The family Christmas table yesterday. Set for 16 people, with a miss match of chairs brought in from everywhere.

At my wifes place, was a plastic garden furniture chair. It was obvious she'd neither fit in her seat, and she'd be concerned it wouldnt hold her.

She asked if she could swap it with her 7 year old nephew in the next seat .

Nephew: "Why?"

My Wife "I'm a bit big for this plastic seat"

Nephew: "ok."

My Wife "Thanks"

Nephew "You're really fat"

Wife: [embarassed] "it keeps me warm"

Nephew actually patted her belly rolls.

I had belly play envy :D

On 12/26/2022 at 1:12 PM, [email protected] said:

Love hearing about your beautifully fat wife Rested? Any recent pictures you are willing to share or insights into her being a heavy smoker girl too? 😉

Yeah, well I’ve been on a Christmas night out tonight and just checked in here, I’ve very **. My beautiful wife is asleep upstairs. I’ve spoiled her at Christmas, the food has been rich, she’s eaten a lot, rolls of fat everywhere, she’s delicious. Smoking wise, she’s smoking more than ever, craving cigarettes all of the time, and waking to smoke, she’s deep into nicotine and tobacco, again bought her loads for Christmas. The fat + cigarettes = breathless. That’s about it at the moment

On 12/30/2022 at 1:28 AM, rested said:

Yeah, well I’ve been on a Christmas night out tonight and just checked in here, I’ve very **. My beautiful wife is asleep upstairs. I’ve spoiled her at Christmas, the food has been rich, she’s eaten a lot, rolls of fat everywhere, she’s delicious. Smoking wise, she’s smoking more than ever, craving cigarettes all of the time, and waking to smoke, she’s deep into nicotine and tobacco, again bought her loads for Christmas. The fat + cigarettes = breathless. That’s about it at the moment

Much appreciated, awesome thanks for the update. How many on average does she smoke now and any idea of current weight?

This is an incident involving a woman in her 30s, let's call her Alice, and a middle aged lady, let's call her Sue. Sue had known Alice since she was a kid, but Alice moved away in her twenties, still slim at the time, but gradually became quite chubby, with her weight going up and down a bit. Sue saw her only very rarely. One such time was late in summer, when they were standing together, and Alice was in one of her heaviest phases. She was standing there in a lightly brown summer dress, with her wide hips and a visible potbelly. The way Sue acted now was gorgeous. She put her hand on Alice's belly, with myself and another women standing next to them, and asked, "is that holiday gain or pregnancy?" Alice said, slightly embarrassed, "holiday". That would have been a nice conversation already, but Sue continued: "You have gained a considerable amount", and laughed.
In German: "Ist das Urlab oder Schwangerschaft?" "Urlaub." "Ordentlich angesetzt, hihi."

• 1 month later...

Some great stories here!

We went to visit my partner’s family  recently and her sister has completely ballooned. She was so skinny at her wedding but now since then she must’ve not stopped eating since.
Her young son made a comment about wanting a baby brother, and when she said she isn’t planning on having another her son replied “But your belly is so big!”

According to her mum she isn’t likely to stop gaining anytime soon, considering the way she eats and lack of exercise, so I look forward to our next visit !