Jessica Simpson

Guest LoveTheGain

I posted a response earlier pertaining to Christina Aguilera, but I also mentioned Jessica Simpson. I am not sure where people are getting the info that Jessica is miserable. She is very pregnant and that can be uncomfortable and exhausting. The photos posted with her husband shows both of them smiling. She has been pregnant before and gained a lot of weight and my experience is that women often gain more with subsequent pregnancies. I think she may be a lot smarter and better grounded than we usually give her credit for. The way it looks to me is that she gains a lot when she is pregnant. After she gives birth, she will have decisions to make, which could range from her staying heavy to making a lot of money dieting down to her Daisy Dukes. That is a choice that she gets to make, although I know that it can be hard to accomplish that type of weight loss. As Yogi Berra said, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality, but in reality there is.

This is what I posted on a different thread.

Christina is an interesting artist and, while she is not someone whose music I listen to often, I think her voice and delivery are great. I suspect that the original design of this number did not include her wearing a bathrobe. It is totally likely, particularly given the scrutiny her figure was given a while back when she got thicker, that she decided to try to soften the criticism by concealing herself more with the silk robe. I also suspect that she was careful in the selection of her back up singer/dancers that they are not all hardbodies.

One of the reasons that I joined Curvage was to be someplace where a woman could be rounder, softer, bigger, and understood to still be beautiful. There are a number of singers who are unapologetic about having fuller figures and, while they still get lambasted in the tabloids when they gain any weight, several seem willing to ignore it. My hope is that places like Curvage will reinforce the reality of the range of beautiful people so that eventually someone like Christina would not even think that she needed the robe.

I also think that Jessica Simpson being pregnant should mean that her weight is a bit less of a judgment. She does look like she has gained more with this pregnancy, but I have known quite a few women who experienced the same phenomena. Some lost the weight afterwards. Some didn't. If Jessica Simpson or Christina Aguilera happened to be sitting at a table with me at a function and food was served, I would not cast aspersion if they enjoyed the food. And if Jessica looked lovingly at my dessert after she finished her own, I would give it to her gladly. I actually thought she looked rather beautiful in those photos that were supposed to embarrass her with her huge belly, round face, and double chin.

Guest schadenfreude

She’s going to be huge immediately after giving birth. I can’t wait to see her desperately struggle to lose the weight.