Favorite thing to cook?

chefthembo

• Curvage Model

That one's a toughie!

I make a damn good potato soup that's great in the cold months, so it's a go-to a lot of the time. Honestly anything with potatoes tends to be- I love them way more than any human really should 😂 If I'm trying to make a good impression on someone, I have a chicken fried steak recipe that I'm very fond of that's always had good reception. My go-to for Potlucks, though, is the 7 layer nacho pie. 😍

Guest jdargs18

7 Layer Nacho pie - oh that is one heck of a dish by the sounds of it. Good thing about potatoes - they're versatile and nothing like having one baked. Nice choices @Doe_Nylie, very nice

I really enjoy the simplest dishes being made well, Mac and cheese, fettuccine Alfredo the real way, I LOVE tinkering in the kitchen, but I truly do believe the number one thing I love to make is a good grilled cheese. It’s pure childhood bliss, and making sure it’s crispy, buttery, melty, cheesy, but not a brick of cheese. There’s a balance to it. And so much you can do with it. Griddle press a burger and slap it in there for a patty melt, choose a blend of cheeses, classic American, fig and brie, I made a French Onion soup reduction one with Gruyère that made me a lot of money. You don’t need a lot of training or time either to make one well either. If you can please a toddler and an adult with it, it’s perfect for me.

5 hours ago, Doe_Nylie said:

That one's a toughie!

I make a damn good potato soup that's great in the cold months, so it's a go-to a lot of the time. Honestly anything with potatoes tends to be- I love them way more than any human really should 😂 If I'm trying to make a good impression on someone, I have a chicken fried steak recipe that I'm very fond of that's always had good reception. My go-to for Potlucks, though, is the 7 layer nacho pie. 😍

If loving potatoes is wrong, I don’t want to be right lol 😝 Oh my God do I want chicken fried steak now! It’s 7 am here and I literally just ate and now I’m already thinking about it for dinner. 

Guest beatrixstonehill

I make a spicy mac and cheese with chopped jalapenos and bacon. My roommate really likes it. I also love cooking steak and burgers, too. Something satisfying about it. Seasoning the little buggers and getting them just right. My current pet project is learning to make Indian food, Kadai chicken/lamb and Tikka Masala. I just love cooking. 

• 6 months later...

I'm useless at cooking- genuinely awful.. I help my partner out and she gives me instructions :-

Chop this 

Put that on there 

Pass me that

Get out you're pissing me off

However...

Back in the depths of January, my partner received an email offering 75% off a bbq oven thing...

And after a few hours assembly looked like this...

20230527_145515.thumb.jpg.152ccbee3cba2820873e816210062930.jpgAnd for reasons I can't explain, I can make pizza 😂😂

20230610_164101.thumb.jpg.dc78d934355512856ba16c4026c39d9f.jpg20230610_170320.thumb.jpg.308dcec62b983cea107d8beae652e5f8.jpgHehe 😍😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...