Studio 15 Beer Belly Challenge Content

Guest piratesfan11

Question

24 answers to this question

Yeah, everyone has a price, but where's the money gonna come from? How much money would it take to convince a hot girl or girls to gain weight and document it? Could we find a wealthy perverted benefactor? Start a collection? A diplomatically worded kickstarter?

Yeah, everyone has a price, but where's the money gonna come from? How much money would it take to convince a hot girl or girls to gain weight and document it? Could we find a wealthy perverted benefactor? Start a collection? A diplomatically worded kickstarter?

In the original contest the money came from donations made by viewers.

It doesn't take a whole lot of money. And it doesn't take a whole team of people (the original only had 3 people involved).

The most difficult thing is finding a contestant.

:)

Consider, Studio15 did it back in the days of dial-up, before there was Twitter, Facebook, or above all else, YouTube. 

YouTube actually has A LOT of girls who are into stuffing and like to show it off for free, though their  exhibitions are usually short lived for one reason or another.  There's a pretty big fanbase too, and the views/likes/subscriptions are easy to track.  While it's generally frowned upon to shamelessly self-promote your stuff on the comment boards of other videos, you can attract an audience by creating your own channel, then creating videos that are properly tagged/named. YT stuffers and their fans will see them in the sidebar.  Announce a contest and prize, and put a call-out for contestants... then go from there.

YouTube actually has A LOT of girls who are into stuffing and like to show it off for free, though their  exhibitions are usually short lived for one reason or another. 

If someone who already posts on YT wants to do it on their own then that would be great but not quite  the same thing.

And as you point out, the possibility of them suddenly disappearing is high.

If someone else sets up a site to "sponsor" the contest then you have a dilemma:

If the contestant is providing the content and the sponsor has no control over it, then you would need to have full documentation of the completed challenge before soliciting donations. Which means the contestant will be "competing" but doesn't know how much she will make, there is no live interaction with viewers "as it happens," etc.

If you wanted to run it in "real time," with updates as they happen, then the contestant can't provide the content.

If someone who already posts on YT wants to do it on their own then that would be great but not quite  the same thing.

And as you point out, the possibility of them suddenly disappearing is high.

If someone else sets up a site to "sponsor" the contest then you have a dilemma:

If the contestant is providing the content and the sponsor has no control over it, then you would need to have full documentation of the completed challenge before soliciting donations. Which means the contestant will be "competing" but doesn't know how much she will make, there is no live interaction with viewers "as it happens," etc.

If you wanted to run it in "real time," with updates as they happen, then the contestant can't provide the content.

I think the sponsor would simply organize the contest, and would not make a cut from the donations.  The money would go towards the "winner" of the contest, if it is competitive, or any contestant that completes a challenge.  The latter format is more expensive, because it can have multiple winners, but it also encourages more participation.

The women creating the content should be more or less in control.  You want to empower them, and encourage new content.  Imagine if you could get Kess Morgana (http://www.youtube.com/user/GirlBellyStuffer), Laura Lovess (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UClPjSqSCDLEmApmIgr1vkHw), and Kitty Wood (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRu4bXCP8QGNmZxsPwIbeUQ) to compete in one contest.  Maybe they'd all agree to release the video on your channel only, at least initially.  Or maybe you'd have a site that hosts all 3 vids, and a poll where users can vote on their favorite vid.  These 3 already have a following, so if you promoted it beforehand, you could collect the donation in advanced, then release the vid afterwards.

I know everyone has different preferences, but I thought that part of the appeal of the original contest was that the contestant was just a regular person--i.e., not part of the "community." And the idea was for someone to GET a beer belly.

Whoever provides the content controls the contributions. Why would the contestants who have their own video outlets provide content to a third person? They could just solicit money themselves.

If you wanted to do it like it was done the first time, then you just need to find the right person. A college student who is asked to participate by a friend. And the contest is conducted in a business-like manner, as a "mainstream" thing, and is not presented as something that is "creepy" or weird.

I know everyone has different preferences, but I thought that part of the appeal of the original contest was that the contestant was just a regular person--i.e., not part of the "community." And the idea was for someone to GET a beer belly.

Whoever provides the content controls the contributions. Why would the contestants who have their own video outlets provide content to a third person? They could just solicit money themselves.

If you wanted to do it like it was done the first time, then you just need to find the right person. A college student who is asked to participate by a friend. And the contest is conducted in a business-like manner, as a "mainstream" thing, and is not presented as something that is "creepy" or weird.

I actually think it's creepier to sell such a contest as "mainstream" when the intended audience is a fetish community.  Some of the participants in Studio15's events, like Gwen, were admittedly into the stuffing/gaining fetish.  But I'd wager that most of the contestants, like the Beer Belly Challenge girl, thought they were participating in some goofy social experiment, and had no idea that guys were getting off on it.  In my opinion, if the intent is for it to be erotic, the contestants should know that. 

People shouldn't have to feel like their kinks are "creepy," or that fetish content has to arrive in the form women gaining unintentionally, or under some false pretense.  Wouldn't it be better to openly say, "Hey, some people think it's sexy when a girl gains the Freshman 15.  Let's celebrate that!  Ladies, you up for a challenge?"

As for why women who already have an outlet would want to put content through a 3rd party...  Think about how femalebellystuffing.com works.  Kinjiro commissions videos for stuffing/eating content from fetish models, then posts links to their websites, where they sell their videos.  They make all the money, and I'm unsure if he gets any kind of cut.  Let's suppose you were a fan of Becky LeSabre, after seeing her previews on Kinjiro's Dailymotion channel.  You follow his link, and find a list of all the c4s models who have stuffing videos, and end up buying one of Charlotte's (Little Eater) vids, as well as some of Becky's.  Kinjiro's site is a content aggregator, and both models benefit from being promoted on the one site. 

Similarly, having one official, authentic YT channel that posts previews and announces contests, links to the girl's person YT channels, and links to a site where fans can vote, donate, and see exclusive first releases.  If this happens on a predictable schedule, it becomes something of an event, and everyone involved benefits.  It also allows the girls, and their audiences, to interact in a way they might not otherwise do.

As an alternative to YouTube, I think UStream allows for videos to be streamed live, though you can watch them any time thereafter.  So the moment of release is something of an event, and people can comment as it is happening.  This is sort of how Gwen's challenge worked... and it was arguably the best challenge Studio15 did (until someone ruined it by stalking her online and scaring her away). 

I actually think it's creepier to sell such a contest as "mainstream" when the intended audience is a fetish community.  Some of the participants in Studio15's events, like Gwen, were admittedly into the stuffing/gaining fetish.  But I'd wager that most of the contestants, like the Beer Belly Challenge girl, thought they were participating in some goofy social experiment, and had no idea that guys were getting off on it.  In my opinion, if the intent is for it to be erotic, the contestants should know that. 

People shouldn't have to feel like their kinks are "creepy," or that fetish content has to arrive in the form women gaining unintentionally, or under some false pretense.  Wouldn't it be better to openly say, "Hey, some people think it's sexy when a girl gains the Freshman 15.  Let's celebrate that!  Ladies, you up for a challenge?"

As for why women who already have an outlet would want to put content through a 3rd party...  Think about how femalebellystuffing.com works.  Kinjiro commissions videos for stuffing/eating content from fetish models, then posts links to their websites, where they sell their videos.  They make all the money, and I'm unsure if he gets any kind of cut.  Let's suppose you were a fan of Becky LeSabre, after seeing her previews on Kinjiro's Dailymotion channel.  You follow his link, and find a list of all the c4s models who have stuffing videos, and end up buying one of Charlotte's (Little Eater) vids, as well as some of Becky's.  Kinjiro's site is a content aggregator, and both models benefit from being promoted on the one site. 

Similarly, having one official, authentic YT channel that posts previews and announces contests, links to the girl's person YT channels, and links to a site where fans can vote, donate, and see exclusive first releases.  If this happens on a predictable schedule, it becomes something of an event, and everyone involved benefits.  It also allows the girls, and their audiences, to interact in a way they might not otherwise do.

As an alternative to YouTube, I think UStream allows for videos to be streamed live, though you can watch them any time thereafter.  So the moment of release is something of an event, and people can comment as it is happening.  This is sort of how Gwen's challenge worked... and it was arguably the best challenge Studio15 did (until someone ruined it by stalking her online and scaring her away).

Was Gwen the girl that had black and purple underwear in several pictures and gained 20+ lbs in a very short time frame?  I also remember her being super enthusiastic about it, to the point that I suspected that she had a WG fetish, so it sounds like the right girl.  I've been looking for pictures of her forever.

What about something like the Clair Sweeney Big Fat Diet doc? That was mainstream but had appeal to others as well.

The Beer Belly Challenge contestant, Susanna, did think it was a goofy social experiment AND knew that some guys thought it was sexy. Like the Sweeney doc, it can be BOTH. There was no deception. But to get a regular person involved you need to walk a fine line.  If the contestant is not into it as a fetish, then you need to understand that they may, at some point, find it creepy or sketchy. (That would be their impression, not mine). You even pointed out Gwen's situation. She was someone who was more "into" the community than Susanna, but even she got creeped out to the point that she quit.

All of your suggestions are fine but again there's no need for someone else to be involved. If a "pro" wanted to do it they could.  Like I said, the originals were amateurs.  I've just been discussing some of the difficulties there would be in recreating an amateur contest.

Was Gwen the girl that had black and purple underwear in several pictures and gained 20+ lbs in a very short time frame?  I also remember her being super enthusiastic about it, to the point that I suspected that she had a WG fetish, so it sounds like the right girl.  I've been looking for pictures of her forever.

Gwen was this girl:

post-2266-14513344432455_thumb.jpg

post-2266-14513344432815_thumb.jpg

What about something like the Clair Sweeney Big Fat Diet doc? That was mainstream but had appeal to others as well.

The Beer Belly Challenge contestant, Susanna, did think it was a goofy social experiment AND knew that some guys thought it was sexy. Like the Sweeney doc, it can be BOTH. There was no deception. But to get a regular person involved you need to walk a fine line.  If the contestant is not into it as a fetish, then you need to understand that they may, at some point, find it creepy or sketchy. (That would be their impression, not mine). You even pointed out Gwen's situation. She was someone who was more "into" the community than Susanna, but even she got creeped out to the point that she quit.

All of your suggestions are fine but again there's no need for someone else to be involved. If a "pro" wanted to do it they could.  Like I said, the originals were amateurs.  I've just been discussing some of the difficulties there would be in recreating an amateur contest.

Looking at the original site's FAQ, the supposed purpose behind the challenge was the buck the trend of mainstream media's ideal for women's bodies.  I suppose you could try to sell it that way, and get women who might simply approaching it as a fun bit of rebellion against the thin trend. 

The FAQ made no mention of any internet subculture of men who like women with beer bellies, but the forums were a bit more straight-forward about that element.  In the case of Gwen's challenge, her vids were streamed live (imagine that in age of dial-up) and accompanied by a live discussion.  If you read those discussions, it's clear that she's turned on by it.  I don't think she was creeped out by fat admirers, but rather, if I remember correctly, someone obtained her phone number or address, so she bugged out. 

As for Claire Sweeney thing, I feel like her show did more harm than good for the whole fat acceptance thing.  She hated her body the entire time, and it was clear that she was trying to illustrate how unhealthy even a meager gain can be.  I also wonder if it was intended more for shock/gross-out factor, which I think is a bad thing. 

If you can think of a way to attract amateurs, I'm all for it :D

My favorite was Lynda.  Lynda is short 5'2" so the weight was very noticeable.  I chatted with Lynda back in 2002, about a year after she did the site.  She said she lost the weight and the gained it back.  She also knew that it was a turn-on for some guys.  She struck me as the type that would always be a little thick.

Regarding pictures. Use the Internet archive....

http://web.archive.org/web/20030418231926/http://www.studio15direct.com/freshman15/lynda_challenge%207.htm