Idea for video produced by Curvage(sort of).

FitGuy123

44 minutes ago, FitGuy123 said:

I have an idea for a fun video I think the community would enjoy and pay $$ for

Could someone from Curvage Staff please message or email me, an email address, so I can forward the short script. 

Thank you.

Hi

Curvage does not produce any content itself. We focus on running a market place that allows content creators to produce and sell using our platform. Would this be an idea for any specific creator?

Thank you

5 minutes ago, Cytorah said:

@FitGuy123 : this is out of Curvage jurisdiction. I would go to a model and tell them you're idea/script and they can maybe produce the clip for you?

I agree, but I really don't want to message 50 models. Plus, I would like a small cut of the video's income, so not sure how that is possible with Curvage setting it up.

Guest Piper Pines
32 minutes ago, FitGuy123 said:

I agree, but I really don't want to message 50 models. Plus, I would like a small cut of the video's income, so not sure how that is possible with Curvage setting it up.

What is your budget?

• Curvage Model

@FitGuy123 : I'm not trying to be rude, or crush your creative being.. but i genuinely don't think you're going to get too far in this endeavor. It's just not the right setting. And I truly believe with ever ounce in me.. that there is not one model here that will share her earnings. I wish you luck tho! But I know for a fact that curvage will not pursue this. It would have to be something you discuss with a model unfortunately. 😕

1 minute ago, Cytorah said:

@FitGuy123 : I'm not trying to be rude, or crush your creative being.. but i genuinely don't think you're going to get too far in this endeavor. It's just not the right setting. And I truly believe with ever ounce in me.. that there is not one model here that will share her earnings. I wish you luck tho! But I know for a fact that curvage will not pursue this. It would have to be something you discuss with a model unfortunately. 😕

Cool. Thanks. It's like 10%, but I totally get it.

Guest Piper Pines
1 minute ago, FitGuy123 said:

The props are a few cheap outfits and some paper.  I would expect the model to handle that.

I understand you are new here. I suggest looking around this site so you have a better understanding where you're at. Sounds like you're seeking a simple custom video but you're talking about it like its a major motion picture. If it's so simple then just find a model here or wherever and approach her directly. The part about you wanting to profit from the content produced should be discussed as "Exclusive Rights" and just FYI I personally don't even approach anything with exclusive rights under $100 per minute.

2 minutes ago, Piper Pines said:

I understand you are new here. I suggest looking around this site so you have a better understanding where you're at. Sounds like you're seeking a simple custom video but you're talking about it like its a major motion picture. If it's so simple then just find a model here or wherever and approach her directly. The part about you wanting to profit from the content produced should be discussed as "Exclusive Rights" and just FYI I personally don't even approach anything with exclusive rights under $100

Thanks for the advice. 

As an outsider looking at this, it does sound a lot like someone trying to flip the custom content model on it’s head so they get paid for someone else doing the custom content they want for themselves.

Even from a business perspective, you’re asking for a 10% cut which is a fair amount considering other cuts that come out of the sales, for providing a short script of unknown quality or customer interest with no prior credentials of your work. Meanwhile you’re expecting a model to pick up all the other potential costs, such as filming time, editing, software and materials with no risk or cost to yourself. If you’re a model making money off the clips you sell, what motivation is there for you to engage in an unknown venture that also involves profit share rather than continue what you’re doing.

Tbh I suspect most buyers aren’t looking for a plot heavy, scripted clip anyway 😅 maybe a better bet would be to commission it as a custom or see if a model will otherwise do it by free request and see if they’ll let you know how well it does (or not) on general sale before you go in on trying to get a cut of profits?