Calling all Hockey Fans, can you explain with this pin everyone is wearing means?

darthstuffer

I see this everywhere, pregame, postgame, during the game. I've tried dozens of searches online but not a single search has told me anything about this. I watch a lot of games and it's never been brought up once in any broadcast I've watched. It seems to me that the NHL is trying to bring awareness to SOMETHING, I just have no idea what that would be. I love hockey, but the NHL has a lot of issue, branding and advertising are a few things they seemingly have never understood. This is a prime example. How can someone who watches games regularly not know what the hell you are trying to promote? I've aked my other hockey friends, they are clueless. It's never been mentioned from what I've seen. If you are trying to promote or bring light to something, a simple pin does nothing if you don't actually explain WTF it means. I figured a few simple searches like red an black pin, or 2022 awareness pin would get me immediate search results. Nope. Just a bunch of images of the Devil's jersey's and Avalanche pins for some odd reason.

image.png.89fcb695fcd3b751056164dad9d29f36.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jdargs18

That is a Poppy, and they were to remember those who gave their lives on ANZAC day (when the Australians and New Zealand soldiers landed on Gallipoli in 1915). It is celebrated on 25th April in Australia