Experience With Curvage Being Trans

Guest skeksyst

Guest skeksyst

Hello!

Over the past couple years, I have come to understand that I am transgender. I was born male, but am more comfortable presenting gender neutral/feminine and using they/them/she/her pronouns. 

Going through this transition right now has been…overwhelming. Mainly because it’s so recent and I’m in my mid-20’s. I have told close friends, coworkers, and family. Friends and coworkers have been super supportive. Family was mixed. A lot of confusion, frustration, questioning. Not outright denial or hate, but definitely they were upset and repeatedly said, “Do you know how hard your life is going to become?” Which shows they care, but its definitely going to take some time.

One interesting thing I’ve noticed as I’ve been wearing for feminine clothes like dress and leggings, is that I’m actually becoming more comfortable with my body. Like I have a little bit of a belly, but I never was really comfortable with it before. Lost weight via unhealthy calorie counting and realized how bad of a mentality that was. But dressing in more form-fitting and women’s clothing, I actually really like it! A lot! I honestly wonder if me becoming more ok with my gender is helping me become more ok with my body. 

Thanks to all who read this. All the support I’ve gotten so far has been astounding. Curvage hosts one of the most awesome communities online and I’m so glad to be a part of it! And if there’s anyone else out there who is struggling with their identity or coming out, just know that you’re not alone. Curvage is and should be a safe space for all. I’m still going through it, but we can all help each other together :).

D044AB09-508E-4CF7-AF72-949A1DA302DA.jpeg

4F98D4F5-F06E-459F-9BEC-A22B788692B5.jpeg