What qualifies as a clip review?

jackal27

First Let me apologize if this is a topic that’s already been started and I simply overlooked it.

I wanted to ask the curvage community what they consider a legitimate review for a clip posted by a curvage model? I personally like to read reviews posted on a clip to better decide if I too want to purchase the clip plus they usually provide me more insight to the model. I also like to post them when I truly have enjoyed the clip I viewed. However, when I see a review that’s just an emoji and nothing else it doesn’t help me much.

I was on a movie website that talks about current, past and upcoming films, provides ratings and users can leave reviews about films if they want but to be able to post the review on this website it has to be a minimum of 600 characters. I’m wondering if it would make sense to have a minimum character amount for the curvage reviews to benefit the other users as well as the models posting the clips.

3 hours ago, S77 said:

That’s not a bad idea!! 

Thank you. If enough people agree with it, I hope it isn’t too difficult to accomplish. At the very least I was looking to see if others here felt the same as me. One great thing about Curvage for me is conversing/sharing  with like minded people 😉

Guest gorJESS
On 10/29/2022 at 4:32 PM, jackal27 said:

I personally like to read reviews posted on a clip to better decide if I too want to purchase the clip plus they usually provide me more insight to the model.

If a video has no reviews, does that mean you don’t consider purchasing/watching it? I’m asking for my own research and I’d value your opinion. TY.

Also, for your benefit as well, I can show you proof that many of the reviews you see are not genuine. They were given in exchange for free videos, etc. Not ALL, but maaaaaany reviews are potentially misleading. So it’s better to use your own judgement, based on what I know about the review system.

Have a wonderful day and happy Halloween! 🎃👻🎃👻

• Curvage Model
On 10/29/2022 at 2:32 PM, jackal27 said:

I personally like to read reviews posted on a clip to better decide if I too want to purchase the clip plus they usually provide me more insight to the model. I also like to post them when I truly have enjoyed the clip I viewed. However, when I see a review that’s just an emoji and nothing else it doesn’t help me much.

I definitely prefer to read (and receive) reviews that discuss the clip, what they liked or disliked, etc. It gives me a better idea if there's something special about the clip that isn't mentioned by the model already in the description that might be the deciding factor. 

Likewise, receiving those types of reviews gives me a really good idea of what people are enjoying and what sticks out to them more. It helps me to hone in on creating quality content, which I feel is important, particularly if you intend to do so long-term. Having a character minimum could be super helpful in that regard, though I think keeping it relatively low (like the length of a tweet) is more reasonable. Sometimes you really enjoy something, but there's not always the urge to write tons, and I feel a character count people are more familiar with would be a great start. 

Guest Piper Pines

If someone is just leaving a emoji currently and you're going to require 600 characters I bet you get no review at all would be my guess.

I think perhaps there should be more of a distinction between ''reviews'' and ''comments'' in this section could be made, perhaps?

Maybe reviews could fall under a different box for people who want to discuss the video in depth and critique it and leave feedback specifically for the models to see.

And the comments section could be used for general things like ''great video!'' or ''loved this''! 

At the moment the comments sections are on a different page, and they are hard to get to on the Curvage mobile website. Maybe they could be put on the same screen.

Perhaps the comment section could have a minimum character length, but the reviews could stay at an uncapped length.

There are lots of videos out there that have no reviews or ratings, but 10 to 12 comments.

Perhaps comments and reviews could  be given more specific guidelines for use?

To weight in here, why does a review need to be verbose? While I agree simply putting emojis is not a decent review, I look at the star rating more than anything. I think that many videos would receive fewer reviews if there was a minimum word limit. Why not have a pop up that simply asks for a star rating after the first viewing or download? A "Hey, what did you think?" with a star rating would like lower the bar for more people to leave reviews. Making the review process anonymous may even make the reviews more honest, because then you don't have to be worried about offending the creator directly. 

8 hours ago, gorJESS said:

If a video has no reviews, does that mean you don’t consider purchasing/watching it? I’m asking for my own research and I’d value your opinion. TY.

Also, for your benefit as well, I can show you proof that many of the reviews you see are not genuine. They were given in exchange for free videos, etc. Not ALL, but maaaaaany reviews are potentially misleading. So it’s better to use your own judgement, based on what I know about the review system.

Have a wonderful day and happy Halloween! 🎃👻🎃👻

Answer to your question gorJESS, if a clip does not have a review that does not mean I don’t consider purchasing it. Sometimes I see a new clip and just have to have it, regardless of reviews.

Then There have been clips I’ve been on the fence about, because the preview and description might be what I’m looking for and sometimes a review that mentions some appealing details have exactly what’s needed to sell me on it. 

If you want to point out some fake reviews I’ll gladly accept the insight, but exclusively emojis and nothing else in a review mean almost nothing to me for input, I guess I’m old fashioned. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Doe_Nylie said:

I definitely prefer to read (and receive) reviews that discuss the clip, what they liked or disliked, etc. It gives me a better idea if there's something special about the clip that isn't mentioned by the model already in the description that might be the deciding factor. 

Likewise, receiving those types of reviews gives me a really good idea of what people are enjoying and what sticks out to them more. It helps me to hone in on creating quality content, which I feel is important, particularly if you intend to do so long-term. Having a character minimum could be super helpful in that regard, though I think keeping it relatively low (like the length of a tweet) is more reasonable. Sometimes you really enjoy something, but there's not always the urge to write tons, and I feel a character count people are more familiar with would be a great start. 

I totally agree about if a minimum character amount is started, I also don’t want people required to write a book, or more literally a long paragraph. Maybe a sentence or two at least that cover the essentials of what the viewer enjoyed. 

Over the weekend, I purchased, downloaded, and viewed a clip. I mentioned a glitch that I encountered on my end and the creator immediately contacted me and helped me work through the issues I was having and helped me troubleshoot the clip in case it was on her end. I have bought clips and have only recently started reviewing them, or interacting at all really. I’m excited to see how this shakes out. As far as “pay for play” or something along those lines, what does that do? How does it help the content creator to have reviewed videos? Has it been found to effect or even drive sales? 

3 hours ago, engineermeister said:

600 characters is about 85+ words. I think a 50 word minimum (with some penalty for absolute nonsense / keyboard smashing / copying+pasting) could work.....

I agree, 600 is what that movie website required but I was only using their concept as an example. 

1 hour ago, Piper Pines said:

If someone is just leaving a emoji currently and you're going to require 600 characters I bet you get no review at all would be my guess.

52 minutes ago, Tastic1 said:

To weight in here, why does a review need to be verbose? While I agree simply putting emojis is not a decent review, I look at the star rating more than anything. I think that many videos would receive fewer reviews if there was a minimum word limit. Why not have a pop up that simply asks for a star rating after the first viewing or download? A "Hey, what did you think?" with a star rating would like lower the bar for more people to leave reviews. Making the review process anonymous may even make the reviews more honest, because then you don't have to be worried about offending the creator directly. 

Just to clarify, I don’t want people writing at least  600 characters for reviews, that was just an example I used. I do wish people would  write something if they plan to write a review, but I’m not looking to start any fires either.

If most of curvage prefers reviews stay the way they are I won’t keep pushing to change. I was just wondering other’s opinion on the subject, and I appreciate everyone sharing.

I tend to view the typical 5 star, short "omg this is so hot, she looks so huge"  type reviews as pretty useless.   Users seem to either leave a 5 Star or no review at all - almost like it's insulting to a performer to leave anything less than 5.  

Personally I'll leave a 5 star if I genuinely felt a video was a cut above the norm - but if I felt something was disappointing or just par for the course, I'll probably not bother leaving a review.  

I value reviews most if they mention specific microfetish things that happen in the review,  so if you have those kinks too, you know your tastes have been catered for.   Does she stand up and show her figure full length?  Does she gag or wet burp at the end?  Is there an extended 'aftermath' part?  Does it look like she's truely being 'force' fed or is she fully complicit?   

• Curvage Model

My favorite kind of reviews are the ones that point out things the viewer enjoyed that i didn't even notice myself. I think that's so special and cool.  Equally so when a detail i put extra effort into is spotted and appreciated. 🥰

I would love to receive reviews with more details, but as others mentioned, I think a character minimum could possibly backfire and make the shy folks not review at all.  I never mind an emoji-only review.  They still took the time to let me and others know they enjoyed it, and having some kind of input in the text box is the only way they're able to give a star rating, too, if I'm not mistaken. Some people can't be bothered and just wanna leave stars. While I understand the preference for reviews with more substance, I think that should be okay too.

Edited by Miss September

9 hours ago, turquoisenebula said:

I tend to view the typical 5 star, short "omg this is so hot, she looks so huge"  type reviews as pretty useless.   Users seem to either leave a 5 Star or no review at all - almost like it's insulting to a performer to leave anything less than 5.  

Personally I'll leave a 5 star if I genuinely felt a video was a cut above the norm - but if I felt something was disappointing or just par for the course, I'll probably not bother leaving a review.  

I value reviews most if they mention specific microfetish things that happen in the review,  so if you have those kinks too, you know your tastes have been catered for.   Does she stand up and show her figure full length?  Does she gag or wet burp at the end?  Is there an extended 'aftermath' part?  Does it look like she's truely being 'force' fed or is she fully complicit?   

I totally agree, and I think most people feel the same way about the star rating. If I don’t like love a clip I choose not to review it. I rarely see a review that is less than 5 stars. When I do I’m hope those people are trying to provide constructive criticism.

Since I enjoy my own kinks too, when I see them mentioned in a review that usually prompts me to purchase the clip. 

6 hours ago, Miss September said:

My favorite kind of reviews are the ones that point out things the viewer enjoyed that i didn't even notice myself. I think that's so special and cool.  Equally so when a detail i put extra effort into is spotted and appreciated. 🥰

I would love to receive reviews with more details, but as others mentioned, I think a character minimum could possibly backfire and make the shy folks not review at all.  I never mind an emoji-only review.  They still took the time to let me and others know they enjoyed it, and having some kind of input in the text box is the only way they're able to give a star rating, too, if I'm not mistaken. Some people can't be bothered and just wanna leave stars. While I understand the preference for reviews with more substance, I think that should be okay too.

I think I know what you mean. I’ve read such detailed reviews that not only discuss kinks that might be displayed for the viewer but also level of sincerity in a role play of the clip theme. Like when they talk about facial emotions and quality of angles it sound like a professional review one would read in a paper or magazine.

I understand about being shy all too well, but I’d hope posting an opinion with an online profile would provide enough anonymity to share one’s opinion. And personally speaking, Ive never been verbally attacked on Curvage for posting a comment on a thread or a review for a clip so I hope most if not all here can say the same. If it’s a matter lacking the time or effort to write a sentence or so, well, then I suppose I can’t argue against that because we all have our own agendas and I think laziness is something that’s promoted and encouraged with most people here.

Guest gorJESS
14 hours ago, Tastic1 said:

Jennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of Dance

I suggested pretty much the same thing but it was shot down. BUT! It’s great to see in this thread that there are people, models as well as men, who agree.

The review system is FUBAR anyway because of the old ROGOs and such. @jackal27 is about to get screenshots up the wazoo 🤪

2 minutes ago, gorJESS said:

Jennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of Dance

I suggested pretty much the same thing but it was shot down. BUT! It’s great to see in this thread that there are people, models as well as men, who agree.

The review system is FUBAR anyway because of the old ROGOs and such. @jackal27 is about to get screenshots up the wazoo 🤪

I loved the old ROGO deals because I love free content but they certainly did not make for honest reviews. The fear of putting anything else than a 5 on a video is real, you don't want to offend the creator who put her heart and soul into content by deriding her efforts. Like I said anonymous reviews would remove such a fear and more people may give more honest reviews.

Possibly also giving a counter to show how many people have bought and watched the video may also drive sales, if something is seen to be popular then more people will join in.

@gorJESS who said I am not a model? 🤣

Guest grateful

Over the years I have met a number of spectacular women of size and also fans of fat, feeding and gaining who kept to non-rated on line exchanges because it wasn't for them.

They found their way, and their folks, and styled a nice life with love of size permeating it.

The thrill here on this site, is the potential of becoming extremely well known considering the client base.

There has never been a site like this in history and it has grown unbelievably huge!

I have written reviews in the past especially when I am impressed with a newcomer and the uniqueness they bring to the site.

I do read reviews when considering whether to lay out some funds or not.

I have not left any reviews in quite a while for a number of reasons, and without explaining that, I think that a number of FA's want to look and will donate to a model and they want to be free of a marketing campaign.

After my first experience of having a well-thought out review being cut up, edited, re-posted, and used to promote a model's marketing of herself, I lost some enthusiasm for the process.

I also posted a satire piece "BOGO ROGO" which understandably disappeared, and I laughed at my self and pissed my own pants in private!

I have grown to appreciate the amazing phenomenon the site has become and it is what it is --- not everything everyone wants it to be.

We all "pay to play" everywhere in life, whether it's shelling out dough or enduring consequences.

I lean toward any feedback on content being "a review" and I think anything within the rules is fare game.

There are a lot of moving parts in this FA universe and when hovering near the sex for sale constellation, it is a challenge to integrate sensitivity and respect.

Is the providers' desire for sensitive, appreciative and respectful clients similar to the clients desire of the GFE?

All in all I remain grateful for everyone here and wish everyone the best always.

Thank you to you all. ❤️

• Curvage Model
2 hours ago, grateful said:

After my first experience of having a well-thought out review being cut up, edited, re-posted, and used to promote a model's marketing of herself, I lost some enthusiasm for the process.

I hope this wasn't me.  Whenever I quote reviews, I always make sure I have permission and post the reviewer's words as written.  To keep things brief and digestible, I will choose the part of the review I feel reflects the clip best.  I'm sorry it left you feeling icky, regardless.  I'm not a fan of marketing myself, but in a site with so many models and so much content, one's income can very much depend on how visible you make yourself. So I consider it a necessary evil and try to make it unique and enjoyable.

On 10/31/2022 at 3:48 PM, gorJESS said:

Also, for your benefit as well, I can show you proof that many of the reviews you see are not genuine. They were given in exchange for free videos, etc. Not ALL, but maaaaaany reviews are potentially misleading.

🎃👻🎃👻

Can you really prove it or is it just a hunch?

Guest grateful
On 11/1/2022 at 4:12 PM, Miss September said:

I hope this wasn't me.  Whenever I quote reviews, I always make sure I have permission and post the reviewer's words as written.  To keep things brief and digestible, I will choose the part of the review I feel reflects the clip best.  I'm sorry it left you feeling icky, regardless.  I'm not a fan of marketing myself, but in a site with so many models and so much content, one's income can very much depend on how visible you make yourself. So I consider it a necessary evil and try to make it unique and enjoyable.

Way before your time! Sorry for the trigger!  *hugs*

We are all learning here, me too, all the time...

Thanks for your post! ❤️

• S77 locked this topic
  • S77 unlocked this topic