Breakfast ideas

Krikke

Hello everyone! I´m looking for alternatives to have breakfast with my partner. Normally we have bread with ham, cheese, sugar-free jam, etc, for breakfast. But now we are looking for something caloric and that has fewer carbohydrates. It´s also good to change the routine sometines. Any ideas?

I´m usually the one who cooks and my partner has diabetes, so we have to be careful with sugar and carbohydrates.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jelly Jasmine 🍩

Hi there, I like to have breakfast burritos and quesadillas with these high fiber wraps, which might be a good option for y'all. They aren't gritty like other high fiber wraps. Your favorite breakfast meats and eggs in one of those and you're set. Another extremely delicious, more caloric breakfast is pesto eggs. I use the Rana pesto from the supermarket and mix it in the scrambled eggs. I have it as straight up scramble eggs, or bake it with peas or leftover roasted veggies and bake at 350F for ~12 minutes or until the eggs are set. A pesto frittata is straightforward to make but feels special when you're eating it. If you like mushrooms maybe you could sub those in for the English muffins in Eggs Benedict. Occasionally I make home fries with cauliflower instead of potatoes and I use spices with smoked paprika, cumin, and coriander to balance out that bland cauliflower flavor. If you go that route, I recommend using the largest saute/cast iron pan you have, a sheet tray in the oven, or an air fryer so that the moisture doesn't collect and you can avoid a mushy texture.

I hope that's helpful to you two! Happy eating!