You guys ever critically think about how fat we as a society are getting?

Belly worshipper

Another question I woke up to seeing on reddit(r/fatadmirertalk). I mean to answer it, I feel it's still a long ways to go. There's progress. But there's still a lot more work to do. A lot more to help with making people less critical towards fat people. 2020 did seem to help Kickstart it into overdrive. Actually just last night I dreamed about the idea of a town where all the women constantly fatten up that got me wondering, what are some of the fattest places in America? Because maybe that has some contributing to how society is getting fatter. 

It's a real grey area behind body acceptance and normalising obesity as so far as it relates to health and the associated impacts on society. Everyone should be accepted for who they are, and free to live and look however they want, whether they're that way by choice, or for reasons outside of their control.

I do feel that in some corners of these forums, it can be taboo to talk about the aspects of active gaining that are unhealthy. I try to be honest with myself about what I'm doing to my body. For most of my adult life I bounced around the 80kg mark. That's probably optimal for me. Eat well and healthy most of the time, still indulge and drink more than is "healthy", and exercise regularly. When I decided to gain, I said that I'd so it in as healthy a way as was possible. Less exercise, but still hitting those recommended daily limits. Generally healthy foods but bigger portions and more carbs, and a bit more indulgence. Those lifestyle changes got me to 95kg then I plateaued. So being honest, 95kg is probably the biggest that I can be while still being relatively healthy. Getting bigger has resulted in me actively trying to slow down my metabolism, and introducing weight gain shakes into my diet. I've also replaced cardio sessions at the gym with long walks. I'm now 105kg and want to get to at least 130kg before reassessing. To get there, I will have to sacrifice an element of health, that's just reality. I'm constantly conflicted by that side of things, but I absolutely love the gaining process and the changes that are occurring.

Maybe it's due to the prominence of the body positivity movement in social media, or maybe it's because fat has been normalised behind all the other news, at least to an extent, but I have to say I haven't been shocked by the fattening of our society. That is to say, although clearly aware of it, it has been for us fat admirers a cumulative change. One I love to see! 

I know that when I see friends who only a few years ago might have been criticised for their weight or made to feel ashamed, when I see them happy and very much living life without being seen merely as 'the fat one', it makes me smile, too. Gone are the days when a friend might post a picture of their birthday cake or nice meal at a restaurant and someone else would post a comment making some reference to dieting or hitting the gym. I know this is only in my experience, but there is much progress happening. 

Regarding the criticism, however, I have noticed that where once it might have been implied that obesity is symptomatic of our societal decay - in fashion, in entertainment, and so on - those critics tend to be lone voices. There are a few of them, yes, but they don't get as much traction as they once did. And the trope of fat people being idlers or whatever, thankfully, has been superseded by the fact that with a fatter society, there is a variety of differently sized people around - and no one body type seems to be lazier than any other, if anyone was measuring such things. Personally, I have noticed that 'friendly advice' from colleagues and mates about my partners has largely stopped since the pandemic began; it might just be that most in our society have better things to worry about, at long last! 

• Curvage Model
On 9/19/2022 at 6:39 AM, Belly worshipper said:

Another question I woke up to seeing on reddit(r/fatadmirertalk). I mean to answer it, I feel it's still a long ways to go. There's progress. But there's still a lot more work to do. A lot more to help with making people less critical towards fat people. 2020 did seem to help Kickstart it into overdrive. Actually just last night I dreamed about the idea of a town where all the women constantly fatten up that got me wondering, what are some of the fattest places in America? Because maybe that has some contributing to how society is getting fatter. 

I live in the New Orleans area and around here most people are overweight. Even though I am gaining I still feel irresistible woman on earth because when I go out people are nice and I get hit on so much. It's just not a big deal here. Fat women here are confident to wear tight revealing clothes. I really want to move out of state at some point but I know that if I move out of the south I won't be treated with nearly as well as I am here.  

I haven’t really noticed much of a difference. Like the most extreme difference was the average person gained a little from the pandemic but that’s about it. 

There’s a lot of chubby women here but not a lot of BBW’s or higher. Bigger women have definitely gotten more confident which is great. Women in the 200lb range wearing thin bikini’s was almost a rare sight even a decade ago, now it’s becoming a lot more common.

Guest Hell Kaiser
2 hours ago, Miss September said:

Hm, what would happen to the FA's if everyone was overweight?  Would they walk around in constant arousal or would it desensitize them?

If it did, there would be no such thing as FA, it would just be normal, and those attracted to skinny people would be called SAs. There is no such characteristic called normal; normal is just what the majority do in any case, but it never holds any moral or ideological weight by itself in any case. In this specific case, things would change when finding a non-fat partner would be unlikely for the average person.

As for the constant arousal, life would be like a Baywatch movie and FAs would be constantly distracted lmao

Absolutely notice the changes. The pandemic pushed our obesity course and ramped it up by 5 year time. You will see the average pant size for a woman get to a Size 20 one day. I see more plus size women wearing less than I do any other size woman. There are still plus size women who don't have full confidence, but seeing others embrace themselves and love themselves is what is helping make the world, no matter your size, love themselves more and more.

As someone who also lives in the south, I have a different story than what Devi Thikk has. I live in Florida. The people around here are incredibly judgmental, rude, incentive, and a$$$$$! to bigger women. I have seen my partner get laughed at from a far, made a rude comment about her size because of the seating we needed to accommodate her at a restaurant, to her face, people stare at us with disgusts when they see us walk holding hands, and people not being accommodating for chairs without arms, when we go out in public, just to name a few. Some might have the humiliation fetish with this, but this is really degrading especially when you are not in the feedist mindset 24/7.

Florida is a very "fitness" state. From the beach scene in Miami to even the Panhandle, there is a health craze here. I do see more muscle heads and women who want to be "slim thick" complain about certain people they run into all the time. I was told this was one of the most accepting states to be overweight/obese. It isn't. I have been told Mississippi is practically Fat Land with Alabama being welcoming too, but I also have heard the Mid-West not only has the biggest portion sizes, but Torrid actually sells 5X in stores! The women are huge and balloon up there. 

Florida does not fit that "southern comfort," vibe anymore.

On 9/19/2022 at 9:39 PM, Belly worshipper said:

Actually just last night I dreamed about the idea of a town where all the women constantly fatten up that got me wondering, what are some of the fattest places in America? Because maybe that has some contributing to how society is getting fatter. 

There's an entire field of science that looks how where we live impacts our lives; health geography. If you want to take a look at why people fattened up and will continue to do so, I suggest reading up on topics like the Stroke Belt, Roseto Effect and Food Deserts. We've known why people have been collectively getting fatter for several decades. Nobody did enough to stop it.

Like a lot of things, to understand what's going on you have to 'follow the money' and look at the built environment. You'll find the same common features across the fattest societies in America; high poverty, low density housing and car-focused infrastructure. The growth (heh) of obesity has been studied to death so we know that poor people are the first to blimp up, since they're probably working longer hours for less pay and loaded with stress. The further you have to travel since it's unaffordable to live where you work, the more you have to eat out and spend time sitting on your ass in traffic. Less time socializing as well, something that people probably wouldn't think of that also dramatically impact health.

The lower standards of healthcare and lack of policy in red states are also partly to blame, as is diets in the south being high in fat and sugar, including traditional african-american diets. But said diets aren't a problem if you're active, socially-active and happy enough to compensate. Hence, why I name-dropped the Roseto Effect. Stress, poverty and cardiovascular disease are all linked to each other.

It's no surprise that as the poor stay poorer and the rich get richer that obesity and obesity-related diseases continue to spike, while communities wealthy enough to eat fresh fruit and veg and hit the gym stay relatively thin. Being able to afford to see a doctor or living in a state with a better healthcare system also helps.

Sugar taxes don't work if you can't afford healthier food and drink. Riding bikes or walking more doesn't work without the infrastructure to make it safe and practical. Actually changing things for the better requires dramatic shifts from car dependency and inequality, but that'd also herald the end of american capitalism so... fat chance.

13 hours ago, Lake Terror said:

Florida is a very "fitness" state. From the beach scene in Miami to even the Panhandle, there is a health craze here. I do see more muscle heads and women who want to be "slim thick" complain about certain people they run into all the time. I was told this was one of the most accepting states to be overweight/obese. It isn't.

According to the stats, there's a big difference in obesity and related disease rates between north/inland and south/coastal florida, so it might be partly due to where you live. Plus, the constant influx of rich retirees into the state; the demographic most likely to be assholes and victim-blame younger people for the problems their generation caused.
The vibe I get is that rich floridians hate poor floridians. In case Ricky's governorship didn't make that obvious by now.

• Curvage Model

I think about all of this fairly regularly.

I think that, as a civilization, we've been a bit stuck in a perfectionist mindset regarding health and fitness. It was understood that there's correlation between body mass and a variety of health issues, so the general doctrine has been to pursue thinness, often at all costs. But now I think more people are understanding that even if a person's health is altered by their size/weight, health can still be pursued regardless. So we're switching from, 'Get thin, then we'll talk about health' to 'How can we improve and pursue health in the body you're in?'

Another relevant factor in evolving mindsets is, I believe, how so closely acquainted with mortality the human population has been in recent years: from pandemics, to climate change, violence, etc. This has really driven home the fact that you only live once, which has led to people shedding artifice and meaningless pursuits in favor of living authentically and pleasurably. I'm almost certain that many are adopting, consciously or not, a "I'm here for a good time, not a long time," mindset.

As a feedee and gainer, I'm aware of how my choices may compromise my health. I certainly care about my health, and put in effort toward self-preservation, but I also accept the risks and potential adverse consequences because it's worth it to me. The happiness and self-fulfillment I gain offset the negatives. And truly, on a planet of nearly 8 billion people, do we really all need to live until we're 90+ years old?

Now most of the human population aren't feedists, yet I'd wager there's a similar line of thinking in place. And so there's a growing neutrality around lifestyle choices. If I want to hit the gym daily and sculpt a fit and chiseled body, that's fine! But if I'd rather be lazy and eat donuts, that's fine too! I hope that acceptance around this continues to grow and normalize: that regardless of a person's diet, activity level, size or lifestyle, we're all equally legitimate and deserving as the next person.

On 9/21/2022 at 10:27 PM, Miss September said:

Hm, what would happen to the FA's if everyone was overweight?  Would they walk around in constant arousal or would it desensitize them?

Lol, I imagine they'd feel about the same as those who preferred slim/straight figured bodies in a slim world.

12 hours ago, Bellyhanglover said:

I recently discovered the ‘mid-size’ trend. 
chubby girls using that as an excuse not to use the word fat. 
there are a lot mid-size girls all of a sudden. 

That term has been popular in the UK for a bit, but may be growing in use elsewhere too. I'm technically still midsize: I fit into larger straight sizes and smaller plus sizes.

Edited by MaisieMuffin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Is that a belly?
On 9/27/2022 at 2:51 PM, cheddar said:

There's an entire field of science that looks how where we live impacts our lives; health geography. If you want to take a look at why people fattened up and will continue to do so, I suggest reading up on topics like the Stroke Belt, Roseto Effect and Food Deserts. We've known why people have been collectively getting fatter for several decades. Nobody did enough to stop it.

Like a lot of things, to understand what's going on you have to 'follow the money' and look at the built environment. You'll find the same common features across the fattest societies in America; high poverty, low density housing and car-focused infrastructure. The growth (heh) of obesity has been studied to death so we know that poor people are the first to blimp up, since they're probably working longer hours for less pay and loaded with stress. The further you have to travel since it's unaffordable to live where you work, the more you have to eat out and spend time sitting on your ass in traffic. Less time socializing as well, something that people probably wouldn't think of that also dramatically impact health.

The lower standards of healthcare and lack of policy in red states are also partly to blame, as is diets in the south being high in fat and sugar, including traditional african-american diets. But said diets aren't a problem if you're active, socially-active and happy enough to compensate. Hence, why I name-dropped the Roseto Effect. Stress, poverty and cardiovascular disease are all linked to each other.

It's no surprise that as the poor stay poorer and the rich get richer that obesity and obesity-related diseases continue to spike, while communities wealthy enough to eat fresh fruit and veg and hit the gym stay relatively thin. Being able to afford to see a doctor or living in a state with a better healthcare system also helps.

Sugar taxes don't work if you can't afford healthier food and drink. Riding bikes or walking more doesn't work without the infrastructure to make it safe and practical. Actually changing things for the better requires dramatic shifts from car dependency and inequality, but that'd also herald the end of american capitalism so... fat chance.

According to the stats, there's a big difference in obesity and related disease rates between north/inland and south/coastal florida, so it might be partly due to where you live. Plus, the constant influx of rich retirees into the state; the demographic most likely to be assholes and victim-blame younger people for the problems their generation caused.
The vibe I get is that rich floridians hate poor floridians. In case Ricky's governorship didn't make that obvious by now.

A pound of apples is much cheaper than a bag of chips.

Guest Is that a belly?
1 hour ago, cheddar said:

Doesn't matter how much the apples cost if you don't have the time to eat them, or you have to drive half an hour to buy them. Try again.

So fast food restaurants are choke-full of people et that same people have no time to eat an apple? And if you have to drive half an hour to a supermarket chances are you have to drive half an hour to a fast food restaurant too, with the difference that in a supermarket you can make your food shopping for several days at a time, whereas you have to go to the fast food restaurant every time you want to eat.

Guest Hell Kaiser
4 hours ago, Is that a belly? said:

So fast food restaurants are choke-full of people et that same people have no time to eat an apple? And if you have to drive half an hour to a supermarket chances are you have to drive half an hour to a fast food restaurant too, with the difference that in a supermarket you can make your food shopping for several days at a time, whereas you have to go to the fast food restaurant every time you want to eat.

Yeah, I agree with what you said. I think that its mostly marketing glorifying fastfood to such a degree that has caused it to become so popular. When was the last apple commercial you've seen? I think people are way more suggestible to what is pushed through media and commercial forces than we realize.

Guest Is that a belly?
15 hours ago, Hell Kaiser said:

Yeah, I agree with what you said. I think that its mostly marketing glorifying fastfood to such a degree that has caused it to become so popular. When was the last apple commercial you've seen? I think people are way more suggestible to what is pushed through media and commercial forces than we realize.

Yeah, also it takes a degree of education to know what a healthy diet looks like, and there's much more fast food commercials than health education. Plus fast food is comfort food that gives you a momentary high. It's like meth, people don't buy it because it's cheaper or easier to get than fruit. They buy it because it makes them feel good (at least initially).

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2022 at 1:34 AM, Is that a belly? said:

Fast food is by nature less filling and easier to digest, so yeah, you do in fact spend more time eating an apple than what have you. Compare the distribution of grocers and wholefoods stores to the distribution of drive-thrus. You don't even have to get out of the car and odds are you don't even have to detour on the way home so it is in fact a massive time-saver in the short-term, even if doing so constantly might be a bad idea. But hey, who has the time to number-crunch the exact difference between the two when one is more convenient than the other?

Education doesn't magically make poverty stop having an impact, after all, poverty is the greatest impediment to access to education in the first place. You can say whatever pithy line you want, but single sentence replies aren't gonna cut it versus actual research.

Blaming 'education' is one step removed from once again blaming people for living in a society that's structured explicitly to minimize exercise and maximize the extraction of money from working-class people. The weight game was rigged from the start.

On 10/14/2022 at 5:50 AM, Hell Kaiser said:

Marketing is an influence, but it isn't the most important one; imho it is more emblematic of the competition between fast food brands. Limiting advertisements targeted at kids is a policy that's seen significant interest and it is a good idea, but it's not going to work in isolation if you don't address the biggest underlying problems.

The telltale signs of trying to victim blame on this topic are obvious and already lurking in this thread; 'fat people are addicted', 'fat people are dumb', 'fat people are easily tricked.' Those are all impediments from giving people agency over their weight and work to the advantage of lobby groups that benefit from locking in car dependency, stagnant wages and lassiez faire junk food laws.

There are a lot of factors that contribute to the rise in obesity worldwide, and we could debate all day and still not capture the big picture. At the basic level, we simply live in a world today where it is easy to gain weight.

But it's undeniably true that people are getting fatter. And it's almost certain that, as a whole, people will continue to get fatter.

As a positive, I think that the rise in overweight and obese people in general will reduce the amount of marginalization and shaming that fat people experience. And that includes our community! We've already seen the fat acceptance movement, which I imagine stems from how common being fat has become. If more of the population becomes fat, I think it will remove a lot of the stigma associated with being heavier. After all, how can you judge someone for being overweight when you and everyone around you is overweight?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that everyone will suddenly become attracted to overweight people. But I'd like to think they will be kinder. More empathetic. More supportive of a heavier lifestyle, more understanding. And for those of us that gain weight intentionally? Well hell, maybe someday soon getting fat will be the expectation, rather than the exception, and our lives will be a whole lot easier.