Anyone play magic? MTG

Guest Toripickles

Guest Toripickles
3 hours ago, gricha said:

I still have my cards from about 25 years ago. If you want some 3rd and 4th edition nostalgia, I'm your man 😃😆 I mostly haven't touched the game since just before the 6th edition though!

Nice!! That’s amazing!! 
Honestly I just started playing in the last two years so I’m still learning but I’m getting better!! Lol it’s so so much to take in but once you get it it’s a blast!!! 
I’m super partial to green! 

• 2 months later...
Guest Toripickles
On 8/30/2022 at 2:51 PM, MaisieMuffin said:

All the time!

My "flagship" EDH/Commander deck is Phelddagrif (WUG): very political with my only win condition being General/Commander damage.
I play a lot of limited formats, too, and am active on Arena.

I love that!! I’m still on the newer scale of things but I usually play commander! 
I have a mono green deck the commander is ashya! It’s so much fun! 
I play a lot of friendly fun magic lol I’m definitely not ready for any competition 😂

Guest Toripickles
On 8/26/2022 at 7:04 AM, gricha said:

My deck is (or was) a white-blue. Flying creatures, walls and hitpoints gains. Defensive at the beginning then offensive once the big flying creatures came out.

But today it is probably outclassed by the new, modern cards 😅

That sounds like a fun deck!! 
idk I know plenty of people who love playing with older cards! I have a mono green deck and it’s all about using lots of land to ramp up creatures! Most of them are like power equal to number of lands or make copies x amount of times for land! It gets crazy quick lol 

You've motivated me and I took a quick look at the recent rules. Some of my cards use a mechanic that has been depreciated since 1999 😂 and I found out that regeneration wasn't even a thing anymore (it was a way to make creatures temporarily indestructible when things went south)

I'll try dipping my toes into arena though just to see. At least it will solve the problem of my physical cards being virtually unknown to any opponent save the veterans 😅

Guest Toripickles
On 11/4/2022 at 12:33 PM, gricha said:

You've motivated me and I took a quick look at the recent rules. Some of my cards use a mechanic that has been depreciated since 1999 😂 and I found out that regeneration wasn't even a thing anymore (it was a way to make creatures temporarily indestructible when things went south)

I'll try dipping my toes into arena though just to see. At least it will solve the problem of my physical cards being virtually unknown to any opponent save the veterans 😅

That’s insane honestly I would see if your cards are worth any money!! They may be hella expensive! 
I love your avatar! Lol it’s so cool!! I usually make my decks with the most Aesthetically pleasing artwork and try and make them all cohesive! Lol it’s so much fun