Transition from curvy to BBW (and beyond)

Charms7

Just wanted to get others people's opinions and observations related to the transition from someone being thin (or curvy) to solidly entering BBW territory. I'm coming at this from an observer's point of view, but would definitely welcome insights from people who are themselves BBWs.

The main reason I wanted to write this was because my wife's transition was not something I realized until after the fact. Literally, one day I stopped and realized that she definitely was more than just curvy. At 5'2" and approaching 240 (an educated guess), she is a big girl. And now that I've made this realization I've become very aware of the signs and wanted to compile them here. At the least, these are all things I've started to notice with my wife.

Here are some signs that someone has truly gone beyond curvy to BBW:

1. Wearing clothes in XL or larger, or buying in plus sizes. You can still squeeze into L or smaller but they're all super tight. It seems that when panties get too tight, that's definitely a sign of serious weight gain

2. Mobility issues START here. You can still do everything but it's harder to reach everywhere you could before. Sandals become much more preferable to shoes, and if shoes are worn the laces are kept very loose

3. You start to sweat much easier and skin irritation is virtually unavoidable

4. Physical stamina goes way down. Walking is pretty much still fine, but anything more (hiking, biking, running) are pretty much out of the question

5. Public seating is incredibly small for you. Bus and train seats in particular are bad, and the dip in them seems to squeeze the fat in your thighs even more than a regular chair

6. People start to stare more (and might even mistake you for pregnant)

7. Your appetite is out of control. What might have started as a few occasional indulgent meals has turned into a regular habit of unhealthy eating that seems too hard (and too good) to curb now

What are some other signs people have noticed or experienced?

At my highest I only gained 20 pounds but bending down I could definitely feel my belly compress and I could not bend as much as I could.   Whereas before I could simply hinge at the waist, my waist was flabby enough to get in the way and I’d have to bend my knees to get something off the floor.

As an observer I’ve noticed that a lot of heavier women, or heavily busted women, have to “double bag the girls” with two sports bras while thinner women can simply wear a light/medium support sports bra with nothing else.  

this is half experience and half observation, but most clothes are not meant for heavier people despite the size.   When I was at my highest I had to choose “waistband down” or “waistband up” for my belly.   If I pushed it under my belly it was such a dip that it looked weird, however most pants wouldn’t stay if I pulled it over my belly so i was constantly pulling it back up.  Thankfully I had an old pair of sweats that I basically lived in that actually fit the way I wanted to.