Helga’s Haunted Hall of Mirrors (HHHM)

Mr.Grignard

Content Warning: Magic, weight changes, gender changes, mental changes, and clowns (eugh)

It’s time, Brittany thought, grinning to herself maliciously. She ran her fingers over the tickets she’d spent all day at the fair trying to get, sweating with nervous anticipation.

This was it.

While her friends were still preoccupied, she took a deep breath and did her best to suppress her excitement before looking back at them. Logically, they shouldn’t have any reason to think she was hiding something, but it was better safe than sorry. She needed them to do this with her.

As always, she watched her childhood friend Sophia laughing and playfully flirting with her boyfriend, Jayden, with a tinge of jealousy, followed soon by guilt. Even more so than usual.

But she quickly quashed them both. Calm down. We’re just doing this for fun, she told herself. After all, it was just a rumor. There’s no telling if it’s true.

Having convinced herself for now, she put on the most innocent smile she could muster without it feeling forced and ran over to her friends, who were currently busying themselves with a game of ring toss. Unsurprisingly, Jayden was fairing the best, being the most athletic of the trio with a long reach to boot. Brittany watched and waited from the sidelines, planning to approach them when they were finished. Ultimately, even with they’re combined efforts, they only managed to win a keychain with a weird looking cat on the end.

“This carnival is weird.” Jayden said, examining the cat’s comically frightened expression.

“Well, it’s really all about the game, anyway. Nobody really plays them for the prizes.” Sophia replied with a shrug.

“So, you guys are done with the booths for now?”

“I guess. Why, did you want go stand in line for the rides again or something?”

“Something like that. Here.” Brittany handed each of them one of the purple tickets she was previously clutching in her fist.

Jayden held it up curiously, trying to read it in the blinking lights of the carnival booths. “What’s this for?”

“It’s for a special attraction I heard about at the back of the fair. I wanna go and check it out with you guys, so I bought us some tickets.”

“Special attraction? Like a magic show?” Sophia said, raising an eyebrow.

“I don’t wanna spoil the surprise. You’ll go with me though, right?”

Jayden and Sophia shared a glance before shrugging.

“Sure, I don’t see why not.” Sophia replied with a smile.

“Yes!” Brittany exclaimed with a genuinely excited fist pump.

Sophia giggled in response while Jayden suppressed a sigh as they followed the excited girl down the street lined with booths to their destination. Jayden couldn’t help but acknowledge how the shorter girl was practically skipping with giddiness, a sight made all the more ridiculous by her physique. His girlfriend’s bestie was a chubby, pear shaped girl with dark brown hair she kept in a neat bob that did little to hide her round face and massive, childlike eyes. Her large hips and portly thighs were well contained by a set of jean shorts and black leggings that fit snuggly enough not to hike down, as well a jean vest and an orange shirt with horizontal black stripes, which as one would expect, only further accentuated her girth. Despite this, she’d been running around all night, from booth to booth, ride to ride, and still somehow had energy to spare. If it weren’t for that appetite of hers, she’d probably be in better shape than Sophia, he mused.

On that note, as the leader of their party bounded down the road, Jayden looked down at his date giggling next to him with a familiar discomfort. Once again, Sophia appeared to be blind to the obvious. Jayden sighed, once again electing to bring it up later. Brittany was having fun for now. He could at least wait until they weren’t in public.

Immediately upon looking ahead, Brittany stopped. They were here.

Ahead of them was a large purple circus tent, embroidered with blue and gold stars. Above the entrance hung a sign, illuminated by a set of flood lights at the bottom, with a sinister looking clown on top: “Helga’s Haunted Hall of Mirrors”. To the right of the entrance was a small booth, manned by a very bored looking female clown reading a newspaper.

“Is this a new attraction? I don’t remember this thing being here last year…” Jayden commented, looking at the sign’s evil-looking white eyes with suspicion.

“This isn’t some kind of haunted house, is it? You know I can’t handle those, Bee.” Sophia muttered nervously.

“Oh, don’t be such a baby. You’ll have me and Jayden to protect you. Besides, I heard this was supposed to be more cool than scary. It’s got like, ‘state of the art effects’.” Brittany said reassuringly, already trotting backwards over to the booth.

Upon hearing their voices, the clown inside the booth looked up from her paper with surprise, noticing she had customers.

“Oh! Hello folks. You here try out our hall of mirrors?” She said, sounding genuinely flustered.

“Yep. Here’s my ticket.”

The clown pinched the ticket between her the thumb and forefingers of her gloved hand, which just so happened to only have four digits in total. Jayden could tell, based off how her fingers flexed, that she’d shoved two of them into the middle slot. She looked more or less like the rest of the employees they’d encountered at the fair so far, albeit with clown makeup on. She wore the same red vest as the rest of the employees, along with a set of black trousers held up by yellow suspenders, a red nose, and floppy red shoes visible with her right leg crossed over the other. Her ginger toned hair was tied back into a pony tail with a tiny black bowler hat balanced on her head to complete the look.

“Looks good to me.” She said finally. “Hand me your tickets and you can go on in. But you’ve gotta go in one at a time, and no running. Can’t have you breaking the mirrors.”

“Why do we need to go in one at a time?” Sophia said nervously.

“It’s supposed to be more fun that way. At least that’s what the boss said.”

“I’m assuming that’s Helga?” Jayden asked with curiosity.

“Yep. She’s the one who designed this place for the fair.”

“So this is a new attraction, right? Where’s the line? You’d think there’d be more people…”

“Yeah, one of the customers earlier mentioned that. Something about the tickets being hard to find… not really my problem, though. I still get paid either way, so…”

“Fair enough.”

“You guys coming, or what?” Brittany yelled back, already passing through the tent.

“Wait up! *sigh* we’re just going to go in together. Is that a problem?”

“Nope, not to me at least.” The clown replied, taking their tickets.  “Have fun.”

With a nod and girlfriend in tow, Jayden followed Brittany inside, feeling Sophia squish up against him as the darkness of the tent inside washed over them. They were in some sort of tunnel where, up ahead, he could see yellow light pouring in through the closed flaps of a fabric door a few feet ahead, and he could faintly make out Brittany’s excited squeals.

For just a moment, Sophia let go of Jayden long enough for him to part the entrance, blinding her with the surprisingly harsh light on the other side. That’s why it was only after she passed through the entrance herself that she realized she was alone.

Jayden rubbed his eyes as they adjusted to the light, a series of floodlights looming down from multiple directions. Eventually, with the dark spots in his vision clearing, Jayden was able to take in his surroundings. At first glance, there was nothing out of the ordinary. It looked like, well, a hall of mirrors. In front of him were a set of walls lined with black canvas that were angled inward, as though it were funneling him down the corridor in front of him, complete with a sign in the shape of an index finger pointing him onward. Since there was obviously no ceiling inside the tent, the walls didn’t extend all the way to the top. They were just tall enough that he couldn’t see over them at his 6’ 3’’ vantage point. The mirrors started just up ahead, in a narrow corridor leading presumably into a maze.

With a somewhat disappointed scoff, he turned around to see his girlfriend’s reaction, only to realize that she wasn’t there. Both Sophia and the entrance behind him were gone, replaced by another corridor. And now that he was paying attention, he realized he couldn’t hear Brittany either.

In a panic, Jayden whipped around, taking in his surroundings and listening hard for either of the girls. He even reached out into the hallway behind him, swiping at the air to make sure it wasn’t an optical illusion.

“Hello? Can you guys here me?” He shouted out, but received no response in turn. In fact, come to think of it, he couldn’t even hear the fair outside. Wasn’t this supposed to be a tent?

Since he wasn’t in sight or earshot of anyone, the next thing to try would be to whip out his phone. And… no service. Of course.

Panic settling in, Jayden scratched at the back of his head nervously, trying to figure out what to do next. This was the inside of the attraction, because of the mirrors, right? And the fair worker back at the booth said they were supposed to go in alone because it would be “more fun”, so that means they were probably separated intentionally. So this was supposed to happen? Brittany said this place was cutting edge, but this was just crazy. And now that he thought about it, he didn’t remember seeing an exit from the outside, meaning it was probably on the other side of the tent, if there even was one.

The good news was that they were definitely inside a finite space, since he could see the tent’s ceiling and where it met the edges. That’s when he got an idea.

The canvas walls didn’t extend all the way up, and they only stood two feet or so taller then him. He could probably hoist himself on top of them and take a look around. The only question was whether or not they would withstand his weight. They didn’t look particularly sturdy, and the thought of collapsing part of a new attraction at the fair because he freaked out inside a haunted house was enough to dissuade him, at least for now. That meant the only place left to go was straight ahead.

“All right, I don’t know if anyone’s listening, but I’ll play along for now.”

And so, cautiously, he went ahead towards the corridor the sign pointed towards.

Rather anticlimactically, there wasn’t anything special about this first corridor. The walls were just one solid mirror, twin reflections walking along side him as he made his way across. He did stop for a moment to examine his reflection, but didn’t notice anything amiss. It was the same lanky blond he saw in the bathroom mirror this morning. In fact, if anything, the reflection was a little too clear. The mirrors didn’t have so much as a spec of dust on them.

Pressing onward, the hallway ended in a corner, followed by another, and another, and another, each coming more suddenly than the last until Jayden nearly ran into a wall in his frustration. At that point, the hallway finally opened into another clearing of black canvas. This one, however, was much bigger, and instead of a sign pointing ahead, there were mirrors hanging off the walls. Ornate ones, with decorative frames and varying sizes and styles. Confused, Jayden slowed down, taking a moment to scan his surroundings before something caught his attention, freezing him in place. As he approached one of the walls and looked more closely at the mirrors, he realized he wasn’t the one being reflected in it.

5 hours ago, Mr.Grignard said:

No. I just liked the alliteration.

I’m not terribly familiar with this Hufflepuff you speak of, to be honest, but something tells me your Helga would find the comparison very flattering.

Helga was the founder of Hufflepuff house and I tought that this is like variation to the Slytherins secret chamber XD
But otherwise I really like the story :D

Sophia chewed on her nails nervously as she pressed onward down the winding chrome hallways. Occasionally she would yell out for Jayden or Brittany, but she never got a reply. She couldn’t hear anything but her own voice and footsteps on the dirt floor of this stupid tent. She couldn’t believe they would ditch her like this! After that halfhearted spiel she got from Brittany, she should’ve known something was up. Maybe Jayden was in on it all along! Still, it seems unlikely they would keep it up for this long. Maybe Jayden, but she seriously doubted her friend could stop herself from jumping out from around the first corner. And this was a mirror maze, after all. There shouldn’t be any place for them to hide. So they either must of gotten way ahead of her, or they got lost on a different route. Either way, there was some trick to this place she wasn’t privy to yet. It was like she was completely cut off from the outside world. It would explain why sound didn’t carry very far, and why there was no cellphone reception.

Still, now that the initial shock had warn off she was more bored than anything else. She’d been expecting more jump scares and fog machines, but so far its been nothing but brightly lit hallways. If it wasn’t for the mirrors, she might be tempted to accuse this place of false advertising.

Sophia was pulled from her sulking when the hallway was suddenly broken up by a series of mirror panels with frames that jutted from the walls. Upon approaching one, she was met with a distorted version of her reflection.

Just like in a fun house, her visage was stretched upward and squashed inward, matching the long, tall frame of the mirror. Yet despite this, the mirror’s surface was perfectly flat, and her surroundings didn’t look distorted at all. Moving her hand in front of her face, her reflections proportions didn’t change with its position like a regular trick mirror. Sophia had to admit she was impressed, if not a little put off. The next one had a wider, shorter frame, so naturally she appeared much more squat in that one, with broad shoulders and square looking features. Doubling back to look behind her, another mirror gave her a tubular looking torso and hose like arms, the next a hunchback, then a child’s build. They all looked so realistic… the last one she fell on was a horizontal ellipsis, similar in length to rectangle from earlier, but unlike it, her reflection didn’t look any shorter. Like all the distorted reflections, they wore the same dark red vest and pink skirt, with black leather boots and a matching purse at her side. They had the same hazel eyes and brown hair that cascaded passed her shoulders, some of which was tied into a braid in the back. What drew her attention to this reflection was just how rotund she looked.

There really wasn’t any other way to describe it. She wasn’t just fat, she was rotund. Her reflection’s most eye catching feature was her middle, in part because despite being massive in its own right, her outfit still didn’t fit, with a small ring of peach toned flesh appearing from under top. The Sophia in the mirror had a barrel shaped torso with a round, almost taut looking beer gut and massive, equally firm breasts, at least a G-cup in size. Her hips, while not quite as wide was her love handles, were at least feminine in their girth, with thick thighs strangely devoid of cellulite or rolls that ended in a pair of calves and ankles that seemed almost comically dainty, being the closest to her original size. Similarly, her rounded shoulders and beefy upper arms ended in a set of chubby looking but comparatively small forearms and slim, feminine digits.

Her head was not shown such a mercy.

Her face was almost perfectly round with chubby cheeks so swollen they forced her reflection’s eyes to squint awkwardly, and lips so luscious they were stuck in a resting pout. Her reflection also apparently didn’t have a neck, at least not one that was visible. It was buried between her second chin and bulky shoulders.

As she watched her reflection massage her stomach nervously, Sophia realized she’d been staring at this mirror long enough. It was time to move on. Waving goodbye to her reflection, she continued onward down the hallway. As the regular mirrors returned, she stopped for amount to check her normal reflection, patting her stomach experimentally.

Much to her chagrin, she was able to pinch a small section of belly flab right above the waist of her skirt with a grimace.

“Guess I better start watching what I eat, huh?” She asked reflection.

“Wouldn’t want to end up like Bee, right?” Someone behind her replied.

Jayden waved at each of the mirrors in front him experimentally. Inside each mirror was a different person, but they all copied the gesture like a reflection would. There was one with a wooden frame depicting a man with a beard, another with a pink frame showing a twelve year old girl who was barely visible, even at the lower height. After experimenting a bit, he let out a relieved chuckle as he walked about the room, checking each mirror. There were no repeats, so each one contained a unique person’s reflection. They came in different ages, genders, ethnicities, occupations, ranging from office workers in suits, to athletes, to children. And they were all weirdly detailed, incorporating imperfections like wrinkles and moles on skin and textures on clothing.

Jayden spent what could’ve been a whole hour mesmerized by this part of the attraction, only tearing himself away when he remembered that his friends might be waiting for him. As he made one last lap around the room, he noticed one mirror next to the exit he must of missed during his first lap. The frame wasn’t anything special, just a black rectangle with a touch of gold trimming. The reflection in the mirror, however, had to be the most attention grabbing one so far.

It was a mime. Specifically, a woman with monochrome clothes and bleached white skin. She was tall, at least as tall as Jayden, with long, gunpowder gray hair, dark brown eyes and a… rather buxom hour glass physique, from what he could see. She wore a black and white striped top with a low cut neck line, showing off plenty of cleavage. Additionally, he could see she was wearing a black beret and white gloves as he examined her face, which aside from her white skin, also featured two golden stars on her face, one below each of her eyes.

“Well, that’s different, I guess.” He said aloud, deciding to keep his gaze upwards. “I wonder how they made these. They’ve gotta be based one real people…”

As he looked in the mirror, the longer he watched the mime, the more something felt off about her. She kept moving in sync with him, but her expression seemed tense, concerned. Then, she seemed to look straight at him.

“Shouldn’t we be looking for Brittany and Sophia?”

Jayden’s heart practically leaped out of his chest as he fell backward in surprise. Quickly rising to his feet again, he gazed into the mirror again, only to see himself. The mime was gone, along with the rest of the reflections. As he searched the room, he only saw his panicked expression reflected back at him.

Guess that’s my cue to leave then, he thought.

Honestly, Brittany wasn’t sure what she was expecting. She didn’t fully believe the ravings of the woman she met at the library at the time, but so far everything she’s said has been spot on. Even now, as she looked around her first “room”, the broken mirrors were exactly like she described. There was yellow tape with words “keep out” strung about the room, meant to keep her away from the walls. Hung along them were a series of broken mirrors, or at least, that’s what she was told. The fragments were black and cloudy, like they’d been burnt, reflecting only a faint silhouette.

The woman gave her a lot of warnings to get through the maze she was struggling to remember, but the big one was definitely: avoid the broken mirrors. So why, in god’s green earth, did she think it was a good idea to get a closer look?

Reaching passed the tape, Brittany picked up one of the larger shards to examine her reflection in it. All she got back was a large shadow and a pair of glowing red eyes.

With Jayden’s paranoia and sense of purpose freshly renewed, he headed down the mirrored corridor with haste. It was bad enough that he was alone and surrounded by these weird, allegedly haunted mirrors, but now he knew he was being watched. If there was any upside to this, the mime back there seemed to confirm that both Brittany and Sophia were in the maze somewhere. He just needed to find them.

So, he continued onward occasionally calling out but receiving only silence in response. It only took about five empty corridors or so for him to get frustrated again. Now that the shock of the previous incident had worn off, the experience left him more irritated than anything else. Was this really just an attraction? Were they being held captive? Why? How did they know the girls’ names?

Eventually, after the 14th hallway, Jayden decided he wasn’t getting anywhere and would take a peak over the wall. Unlike last time, the mirrored walls looked heavy enough that he wouldn’t just knock them over, and while he was being watched somehow, that just meant someone would come and get him if he started breaking the rules, right?

Unfortunately, it didn’t quite go as planned, since his hands never reached the mirror’s edge. Where the wall should have ended, there something solid in the way: An invisible wall. And a very solid wall at that, since he ended up jamming his fingers against it.

“AH! Damnit…”

“Oh dear, are you all right?” A woman’s voice asked from behind him.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just wasn’t expecting a-

Jayden whipped around, facing the mirror behind him.

“Apologies, I should’ve caught up to you sooner.” The mime from earlier stuttered, ringing her hands nervously.

“It’s you!”

“Oh, yes! How do you do.” She replied, entering a polite curtsy.

Looking at her in full view, she was even taller than Jayden, by at least a few inches. Most of said height was in her toned white legs, which were shown off by a set of black short shorts held up by matching suspenders. She also wore a set of black dance shoes on her dainty feet.

“What are you doing here? I left the mirror room.”

“I don’t know, I felt normal again just a second ago. But, after a while, I just sort of… snapped back into this.”

“What?” To confirm the mime’s statement, Jayden looked behind him. And sure enough, she looked over her shoulder back at him.

“Okay, this is getting a little too weird for me. Is this still part of the attraction?”

“I think so.”

“Do you know how I can get out of this maze?”

“Well, its really more of a path than a maze, but-

“What do you mean?”

“Well, mazes usually have alternative paths, right? But we’ve just been walking straight ahead without any forks or branches. And now we know we can’t actually climb out…” The mime trailed off, as though picking up on the gravity of their situation.

“Yeah…”

“… sorry. That wasn’t very helpful was it? I don’t actually know anymore than you do…”

“Aren’t you from this place? How are you talking?” Jayden asked, his fear more or less dispelled by the mime’s timid demeanor.

“I’m not sure. I remember coming into the maze with Brittany and Sophia, getting separated, and walking into this room full of mirrors, then I started to feel strange…”

“Wait, slow down. How do you know Sophia and Brittany’s names?”

“Well, they’re our friends. Coming into this maze was Brittany’s idea.”

“So, what are you saying? That you’re me? Or… my reflection?”

“Yes, or at least I was you. I… I don’t really know who I am anymore…” She replied, looking down at her body with an ashamed expression.

“Um… I… I’m sorry? I… I guess this is my fault, for looking at that mirror for too long. Do you feel… okay? Well, I mean, aside from the… um…” Jayden replied sheepishly.

“Well, I don’t feel bad, I suppose. Just different. I remember everything, like the stuff we did, but… I don’t remember why we did it, if that makes sense.”

That was worthy of some elaboration, he thought.

“I don’t think I get it. Can you give me an example?”

“Well… I feel like we should’ve been nicer to Brittany, for starters.”

Jayden sighed, quickly picking up on the mime’s response.

“We were pretty cold to her early on, and I know why, but I think we should have apologized and been more open with her after we got to know her. I know we wanted to deep down, and we were upset with the way Sophia was treating her, but you never did anything about it. We should talk to her too, when this is over.”

“Look, I get that, but it’s not just me and Sophia. Brittany is the one that keeps inviting herself to our dates. Is it really too much to ask that I get some alone time with my girlfriend?”

“… do you think Sophie’s noticed?”

“Probably not. You know what those two are like.” Jayden replied, realizing he wasn’t convincing himself.

“Yeah, I do.”

“…Listen, you’re right.” Jayden said, approaching the glass. “I know you’re right. It’s just that… I like Brittany, and didn’t want her to feel left out. I was hoping they would work it out themselves.”

“You were worried you’d make things worse…” Jayden’s reflection responded candidly, putting her hand against the mirror in an effort to comfort him.

“Heh, you know me a little to well, miss.” Jayden returned the gesture, not noticing as they’re fingers intertwined.

The reflection blushed. “Yes, I suppose I do. But who are you calling miss? I was you just a few minutes ago, you know.”

“Yeah, I guess that would be kind of weird. I can’t even imagine how that would-

Suddenly, the surface of the mirror began to ripple, like the surface of puddle, causing Jayden to pull his hand back. Jayden blinked in surprise as the surface of the mirror settled back into place, rubbing her gloved hands together nervously, only to see her altered visage rather than her old male one.

“Jayden? Jayden?! Where did you go? Can you here me? Jayden!”

Jayden rapped her hand against the mirror, but her counterpart simply mimed her movements, like any reflection should, mouthing out her increasingly desperate cries.

“What’s the matter? Never seen a girl with curves before?” Sophia’s tubby doppelgänger inquired, adopting a joking “seductive” pose.

“I think ‘curve’ would be more accurate.” Sophia managed to sputter out in response. “Um, can you stop that? Your shirt is riding up.”

“So? It’s just us in here.”

“You’re making me uncomfortable.”

“Relax, I’m only teasing you. Trying to break the tension here.”

“Well, it isn’t working. Who are you? Are you a ghost?”

“No, stupid, I’m you. Figured that would be obvious.”

“So, you’re my reflection?” Sophia questioned, not entirely convinced. This was starting to get really elaborate for a carnival attraction.

“I think so. I remember being you until we looked into that one mirror that made us fat, and well, I got fat.” Her reflection replied, giving her paunch a heft for emphasis. Sophia grimaced, surprised her reflection’s button didn’t burst from the sudden motion.

“You seem to be taking this pretty well. If you’re really me, then shouldn’t you be freaking out a lot more right now?”

“Yeah, now that you mention it, I am weirdly cool with this. Except for our wardrobe. It’s not really my style anymore.” She replied with nod before looking at her rear end. Her hips being the second largest part of her body, it wasn’t really a surprise to know her ass was also huge, each cheek the size of a basketball with about the same amount of firmness.

“Okay, well, this has been fun and everything… me, but I think I better keep moving. No offense, but I think I’ve had enough of… whatever this is for one day.” Sophia said, gesturing to the whole tent, purposefully avoiding her corpulent copy.

“All righty, then.” Her reflection shrugged.

“All right.” She replied with a nod.

And so, Sophia continued down the hallway, her reflection giving a wave as she exited the corridor… Only for her to appear again directly ahead of her in the next corridor.

The two shared a look as a moment of pregnant silence passed between them, her reflection trying desperately to suppress a giggle. Eventually, electing to ignore her, Sophia continued down the corridor, only for the same thing to happen on the next corridor.

“So, is this just going to be a regular thing with you, or-

“Hey, I’m not doing anything. It’s not like I could keep up with your pace waddling. How about you do something to change me back, huh?” Her reflection retorted.

“I don’t know how! It’s not like any of those mirrors back there were any better!” Sophia shouted defensively.

“Well, I guess you’re stuck with me, then.” Her copy said, putting her hands behind her head in resignation.

Oh god, she thought.

*sigh*. “Fine. We’ll go back and take a look.”

“Sweet. My vote’s obviously the tall one or the stretchy one. I’d rather we skip the hunchback and the dwarf. Those two felt weird.”

“All right, I got it. You’re pretty chatty for a reflection.”

“… Yeah. Guess I’ve just got more to say.”

Brittany huffed and puffed as she ran down the halls, during her best to make her turns as tight as possible to avoid the walls. She could still here it lumbering after here, resetting each time she entered a new hallway. Every time she chanced a peak at it, the phantom would swipe at her, so she had no choice but to look down at the floor and squint, trying to keep as much of the mirrors out of her vision as possible.

If she made eye contact with her reflection, she knew it was over.

She just had to keep going. She had to. There was only one mirror room per route, so that meant her only escape now was to leave the tent entirely. A small part of her felt cheated she didn’t get what she wanted out of this, that she was screwed over by someone else, but right now, her main focus was getting out unscathed.

And, if she was being honest, after this experience, she wasn’t exactly eager to try again.

Broken or not, if this was seriously one of her choices, she’d rather just be herself.

The only problem was that she had no idea how much more there was to this tent, and she was starting to run out of breath. It felt like she’d been running around in circles, and her reflection was getting better and anticipating her dodges. It even managed to get a handful of her hair the last time she screwed up.

She couldn’t afford to mess up like that again. She had to-

She tripped.

With the adrenaline running through her, Brittany had what felt like minutes before she fell to her elbows and knees, but not nearly enough time to land comfortably. Fighting basically all her fight or flight instincts, she clamped her eyes shut before hitting the ground, hard. Curling into a ball, she could feel a dull ache run through her left arm as well as a wet, warm, spot on her right.

The footsteps stopped, but she knew it was still there. It was growling at her. Waiting impatiently for her to open her eyes, to make a move. But for now, Brittany just needed a moment to cry.

“All right, we’re here. Now what?”

“What do you mean? The mirrors are over there.” Her reflection pointed to the corridor ahead, the frames just a few feet away.

“Well, yeah, but shouldn’t we at least come at this with a strategy. You were just complaining about some of the mirrors, so what if you get stuck as one we don’t want?”

“I was thinking that we would reset if you walked passed all of them without looking.”

“Are you sure?”

“Well, I mean, think about it: We looked at all the mirrors. Why did I get stuck with this one? It might be because we looked at it the longest.” Her reflection explained.

“All right. I guess that makes sense. I’ll give it a shot.”

About as much sense as anything else that had happened tonight, she thought.

Looking down, Sophia began speed walking down the corridor, avoiding eye contact with her reflections in the mirrors to her sides until she made it across. Her reflection started to say something, but was cut off as Sophia walked past the first set of panels. Finally, Sophia looked up in triumph as she made her way to the end, about to step into the hallway again… when she suddenly banged her foot and then face planted into something hard, stopping just short of the hallway. As she fell onto her butt in front of one of the mirrors, a dark spot passed over her vision that she swore was in the shape of a smily face with it’s tongue sticking out.

Gingerly, she reached out in front of herself, only to find some sort of wall in the way, like a pane of glass, only more solid and way more transparent. She couldn’t even tell something was there.

“You’ve got to be kidding me! I nearly broke my damn nose on this thing!”

“Um, Sophia?”

“What?” Sophia growled in response.

“I don’t think this worked.”

“Gee, ya think?” She replied grumpily, getting back to her feet.

“No, wait, don’t look-

“Yeah, yeah, I know, don’t look at the hunchback one. Rela-

Taking her reflection’s words into account, Sophia had planned to check the child’s mirror to see if there was any effect, only to be left speechless.

Standing before her was a younger version of Sophia, but her reflection didn’t seem any thinner. In fact, with her reduced height, she was now wider than she was tall. She was basically just a squishy ball now, with limbs that barely extended passed the inner tube of fat on her midsection, all the “womanly curves” she previously possessed were now flattened out. Even her head was distorted. Not just her facial features, but the shape of her head was rounded out by a ring of blubber that used to be her face and neck.

As soon as they made eye contact, a bright red blush spread across her reflection’s face as she squealed with embarrassment.

“NO! DON’T LOOK AT ME!” Her reflection shrieked in a child’s voice.

“Ah! Sorry, I’m sorry- Oh here!” Sophia ran back to the first couple mirrors, looking into the narrow rectangle from before.

“Yeah, sorry about that. I don’t know what came over me.” Her reflection replied sheepishly.

“Well, this is… an improvement I guess.”

Again, her reflection was still fat, but now that it was spread across a taller body, she was now simply chubby, bordering on fat. She stilled had a plush, rounded middle, now fully exposed due to her longer torso, but it didn’t jut out gravidly like the last two forms, giving her new bust a chance to shine. This form also had womanly hips, albeit ones accentuated by a set of doughy love handles, but still, this was the closest the stick of a woman had ever been to an hourglass figure. And of course, her previously feminine forelimbs only looked better on this taller body. Her one gripe, aside from the excess… everything, would be her face, which was still fairly round with a double chin.

“Too bad it means you’re big now in every sense of the word.” Sophia stated.

“Yeah, I wasn’t expecting the mirror’s effects to stack like this.” Her reflection replied, examining her body.

“So does this mean I could make you even fatter if I looked at the last mirror again?”

“Very funny. But nah, I’m good with this if you are. I actually think I like this. I might even be taller than Jayden, now.”

“Yeah, well, don’t get used to it. I want things back to normal as soon as we leave this tent.” Sophia announced, her reflection rolling her eyes in response. “And don’t talk about Jayden like that.” She added.

“Like what? I was just making an observation.” Her reflection said, confused.

“Like, well, like you know him. And Bee, too. Don’t think I forgot about what you said earlier.”

“I- look, I’m sorry, but I only said that because you were thinking it. You of all people should know I didn’t mean it.”

“No, I don’t think I do.” Sophia said, her gaze drifting from her reflection before she stopped herself.

“Really? I guess I must be misremembering all the times you laughed when Brittany tripped over herself in front of Jayden and us, or how relieved you were when you found out she hadn’t lost any weight during her last physical.”

“Th-that’s not true. I’ve never even joked about Bee’s weight. If you were really me you’d know that.”

“You’re right. You’ve never joked about it out loud, but you have joked about other things. Like the other day, when you made fun of her for liking anime. You only felt bad about because Jayden came to her rescue and made fun of us right back.” Her reflection spat, her closed fist pressed against the glass.

“Stop Saying US! There isn’t an ‘us’! You aren’t real. You have no right to judge me! Ha, I don’t even know why I’ve been humoring you.” Sophia exclaimed, stepping away from the tall mirror as her reflection looked on in surprise, realizing she’d said too much.

“What’re doing?”

“You’re just a part of the attraction. I can make you look however I want, and you can’t do anything about it!” Sophia shouted, looking back at the ovular mirror that started it all.

“Sophie! Wai-

“Okay, slow down, miss. You’re not making any sense.” The exasperated clown woman stated, trying her best to calm down the distressed mime who suddenly appeared and started ranting about her friend disappearing. “What happened, exactly?”

The mime took a brief moment to compose herself, obviously thinking about how should would rephrase her previously unintelligible raving.

“Ok, ok… what I was trying to say is that I think my friends might be stuck inside this attraction. I’ve been waiting outside the exit for them for almost twenty minutes. Would it be all right if I went inside to look for them?”

“So, your friends walked in here, and went missing? You mean that trio from about an hour ago?”

“Yes.” She replied, nodding her head rapidly.

Lucy raised an eyebrow in suspicion. Did this girl work here? She was all dressed up like one of the performers. Maybe her friends just stood her up?

“Did you try calling them?”

“Oh! Yes, here, look.”

In response, the mime retrieved a gray smart phone from her pocket, somehow unlocking it despite wearing gloves (which Lucy knew from experience how annoying that could be) before practically shoving the screen in Lucy’s face. On the phone it clearly displayed the words “call failed” before blinking off.

“All right, I get the picture. What do want me to do about it?”

“Just let me inside for a bit so I can look for them.”

“And you’re sure they’re in here. You haven’t looked anywhere el-

“I’m sure.” The mime stated firmly. A look of determination was burning in her eyes.

Lucy paused for a minute, thinking it over, before finally caving in.

“All right, Miss. My shift’s almost over anyway, so I guess we can take a quick look. Just don’t tell anyone about this, all right. Payday isn’t until the end of the week.”

The mime nodded, although her determination seemed to falter a bit as she turned to face the tent’s entrance.

Lucy rolled her eyes as she climbed out of the booth and headed towards the tent. On the plus side, she’d finally get to see what all the fuss was about.

So, the duo went inside, with Lucy leading the way and her new, weird friend following close behind. But immediately something felt off. The mime seemed to notice it to, because she chirped and grabbed Lucy’s shoulder as they approached. Wasn’t there supposed to be lighting inside this thing? Lucy thought to herself. And yet, for what ever reason, the gold glow that she sometimes saw peaking out from the entrance was absent. And as Lucy parted the door to the attraction…

It was empty.

“What the hell?” Lucy exclaimed in confusion.

“Oh no.”

The mime dashed out from behind her, desperately searching their surroundings for something, her friends most likely, but there was nothing here.

The floor was a mixture of dust and gravel, like the rest of the fair grounds, and the only light came in through the star pattern on the ceiling, letting in the lights from the fair and the moonlight from directly above.

“This can’t be right. I saw them move a whole bunch of stuff in here at the beginning of the week. It doesn’t make any sense.” Lucy turned back towards the entrance as she tried to reconcile all of the conflicting information in her head.

She was about to turn back around to face the mime, maybe turn her to the information booth or call the cops, when she felt a strange tickle on the back of her neck.

“Oh dear.” Someone whispered into her ear. “This sounds like a management problem.”

Lucy’s arms twitched involuntarily as the sensation faded from them, starting at the fingers.

“Why don’t you let me speak with her~?”

“No. NO! I was just in here! Where did everything go?!” Jayden searched the room desperately for some kind of clue, but she knew it was hopeless. The attraction was gone, without so much as a single track or foot print to suggest it had ever even been there. Her only hope now was to find this Helga person.

No doubt, whoever she was, she probably wasn’t someone she could trust, but she didn’t have any other leads.

“I won’t be able to fix this on my own. I need to find Jayden and the girls.”

“Oh? What’s wrong?” The clown said behind her, in an oddly playful tone.

Jayden turned towards her with her fists clenched and ran back over to her.

“I’m sorry, miss. I know this isn’t really you’re problem but I need your help. I need you to take me to Helga.” Jayden requested.

In response, the clown cocked her head, popping her neck, before rolling it back into place.

“Not my problem? Miss Jayden, if there’s one problem I have, it’s a dissatisfied customer.”

Jayden took a step back just in time for a the clown to spin around and fall into a bow.

“Helga Von Ferrofraustus, at your service!” The clown replied enthusiastically.

“Wait, your Helga? The Helga?”

“In the flesh.” The clown said, lifting her head just enough to reveal her face. Much to Jayden’s discomfort, it was heavily altered. Her smile was more reminiscent of a great white’s, with pointed teeth interlocked into a bear trap, and her irises glowed an ominous red color with cat like slits for pupils.

“Or I will be once, I get situated. It’s a bit of a tight fit in here.”

Stretching out her chest with her arms behind her, the clown’s bust suddenly began to balloon outward, her vest groaning and stretching to accommodate it, but leaving every button and stitch strangely intact. Then, giving her (facial) cheeks an energetic smack, her face rebounded, taking on a cherubic appearance, her evil grin now equipped with dimples.

“Oof. That’s a bit better. Still, I wouldn’t want to stretch my poor employee too thin, so lets make this quick, shall we?” Even as she said that, as if for emphasis, her clothes continued to creak, this time coming from her lower body, her pants slithering against her thighs.

Despite this sudden weight gain, however, the clown seemed even more spritely than before, practically floating over to Jayden, who could do nothing but stumble back in shock.

“Whoa there.” The clown exclaimed, catching the taller woman by the arm with ease before pulling her into an embrace. “Now then, what seems to be bothering you, Ms. Jayden. Or should I just call you Jayden? Oh, how do you feel about MJ?”

“Let go of me!” Jayden said, squirming in her grip, only to be haphazardly released onto her butt.

“I want to know what happened to my friends.” She finally replied, shaking off her companion’s rough treatment.

“Oh, is that all? You’re friends are fine. They’re just enjoying my mirrors. Although, I suppose they are taking their sweet time ~. The fair will close soon, and we wouldn’t want you to have to wait here all night.” Helga mused with a scoff, tapping her chin with a set of bulbous clawed fingers.

“So… Jayden is still in there?” She asked hopefully.

“Hm? What do you mean? You’re Jayden.” Helga responded, either confused or convincingly feigning it. “I didn’t get you’re names mixed up, did I? I figured the three of you yelled enough that I got the message.”

“No, I- I mean the real Jayden. He’s still trapped in there.”

“You are the real Jayden. No one is trapped.”

Jayden’s heart skipped a beat in response.

“Wh-what?”

“You don’t need to be fixed, Jayden. You’re perfectly fine the way you are.” The clown replied, gently caressing Jayden’s face before giving it a pinch. “Well, mostly. You’ve been very naughty, coming back without a ticket after you’ve already had your fun, but your heart was in the right place, so I’ll let it slide just this once. Anyway, as for your friends, I’ll see if I can do something to get them to pick up the pace. ~ Until next time ~”

Helga gave one final wave with a grin before rolling her eyes into the back of her head and letting her mouth hang open. The expansion of her body for a solid second seem to go into overdrive, causing every inch of her body to be pulled taut. But then, just as suddenly, a rush of cold air blasted out, knocking Jayden back as the clown’s body and clothes literally deflated back to their original proportions.

Seemingly coming back to her senses, the fair employee quickly began to hyperventilate, frantically searching the room for an assailant who was no longer there.

Before she could say her piece, both Sophia and her reflection were cut short when the lights above suddenly dimmed and flickered. Sophia froze, for just a moment, looking up at the canopy of spotlights and wires overhead to spot the cause, but it stopped before she could even react. For a moment, she could have sworn she saw something move on the edge of her vision, but the lights were too bright for her to make it out.

That’s when she noticed it was weirdly silent. Blinking, she continued forward, towards the mirror she wanted, but upon looking into it, she saw her reflection was back to normal. Slim, obedient, no more back handed comments. A part of Sophia was relieved, but it had happened so suddenly she knew there had to be some sort of catch. This place was designed to weird her out, after all. She had to keep her guard up. So, just to be safe, she inspected her reflection, moving, posing, rotating, just to make sure it wouldn’t change or start moving on its own again. Then, as a final test, she reached out and rapped the glass with the back of her hand.

“Hello? Is this thing on?” She said jokingly.

No response.

Sophia smirked, pulling her hand away, only to be met with resistance. Turning her hand over, Sophia recoiled a bit upon seeing a thick strand of… something stuck to the back of her hand stretching from the mirror’s surface. It was grayish, reflective, and translucent, like she’d disturbed a layer of slime on the mirror. In disgust, she whipped her arm downward, flicking it off and causing it to retract back into the mirror.

“Ew, no wonder they were so worried about us touching these things. Gross.”

Rubbing her hand to feel for any leftover residue, she didn’t seem to notice as her fingers swelling under her touch.

“All right, I think I’ve had enough of this. I’m going to have to ask Brittany where she heard about this place. This was too weird, even for her.”

Shaking her head, Sophia began walking down the corridor, only unconsciously registering a growing weight on her right arm. Scratching unconsciously at her shoulder and neck, she looked down the mirrored corridor for anything unusual before proceeding. But, despite her suspicions, she found nothing. Even after entering the room, her reflection still looked the same.

Sighing with relief, she started her walk with renewed confidence as her shoulders began to broaden and her face rounded out, fat bunching beneath her chin going unnoticed by her but also left undepicted by her reflections. Instead, the two of them simply walked on, slowing their pace and imitating the original’s awkward gait and heavy breathing as her upper body continued to rise and stretch her clothes, exposing her currently flat middle. Like a stack of tires, the rolls on her neck, arms, wrists, and even the segments of her fingers were pulled taut, rendering them stiff and cumbersome.  Her upper body was getting so heavy it was actually becoming difficult for her to balance, nearly causing her to stumble into one of the walls.

Unfortunately, at this inopportune moment, her middle suddenly surged outward like airbag, causing her to fall forward into a bellyflop. She didn’t fall very far, at least not as far as she was expecting, since her gut now stuck out easily a full foot ahead of her. As she struggled to right herself, getting up into a sitting position, her new rolls now sagged over her disproportionate hips as they struggled to keep up, covering almost half her thigh and hefting up her watermelon sized breasts.

As she tried to heft herself back up to her feet, she heard a familiar sounding giggle.

“Wow. And I thought you were big before.” Her reflection said mockingly.

“Yeah yeah. How about you cram it, twiggy. Where’s your sympathy for the injured?” Sophia growled, rising up a few inches as her butt swelled beneath her.

“Maybe if that someone wasn’t me. I can’t imagine letting myself go like that.”

“This is your fault! I told you not to look in that mirror!” As her face flushed with anger, it swelled even further, her cheeks and throat pushing out like a frog’s.

“Yeah, yeah. Listen fatty, I got places to be, so I’m just going to go ahead. Don’t strain yourself trying to keep up.”

“Damnit! Come… on…”

Continuing to struggle to her feet, which were finally caught up with the rest of her, toes swelling with excess weight, Sophia watched as her original self strutted away. And as her footsteps faded from ear shot, the mirror suddenly rippled, and her current appearance rippled into view, showing off her mountainous body in all its glory.

In response, Sophia could only flail her bloated limbs in frustration before falling onto her back.

“Hello~. Hello? Hey, you aren’t asleep are you?” A voice Brittany didn’t recognize suddenly called out to her, breaking the silence.

“Wh-what?” She wouldn’t chance a peek, but…

“Ah, good, you are awake. It’s Brittany, right?”

“Y-yes…” She responded.

“Listen, Brittany, not interrupt… whatever it is you’re doing, but the fair is about to close and your friend Jayden is waiting for you outside. Would you mind getting moving again?”

“But-

“Your companion isn’t here right now.” Was all the stranger said in response.

Taking a deep breath, Brittany snuck a cautionary glimpse at the bottom of the mirror, furthest from her body, only to see a pair of bright red clown shoes where her reflection’s feet should be.

“Come on, then. I don’t have all night and neither do you.” The woman side, this time with a threatening undertone.

Letting that breath out, Brittany unfurled herself, looking up at the one addressing her. Almost immediately upon seeing her face, she regretted it, wanting to curl back up again, to look away. But something in the back of her mind told her that was a bad idea.

“Who are you?”

“I’m Helga. Helga Von Ferrofraustus, the proprietor of this fine establishment, and inventor of all these lovely mirrors.”

“You’re Helga?”

“Yes. You should consider yourself lucky. I don’t make a lot of public appearances like this anymore.” She replied, placing her hands upon her wide hips.

“Ms. Helga, please, I need you to turn the lights off before you go.”

“Why? You and your other friend Sophia won’t be able to see where you’re going. I wouldn’t want you to get hurt-

“I don’t care about that. I just… I don’t want her to keep chasing me…”

“You don’t like what you’ve picked for yourself?”

“I didn’t pick that! My mirror room was broken.”

“Sweetie~. Nothing in here is broken. I wouldn’t have left it in the attraction if it wasn’t working properly.”

“Then why was my room taped off? Why did I get the black mirrors?”

“Because it was obvious from the beginning you were the only one who knew the truth. I knew you were the only one in your little friend group looking for a change, and that’s no fun. So, I thought you deserved a more… proactive route.”

“I didn’t know the broken reflection would attack me!”

You were attacking you. I think that says more about your character than my mirrors. Here, why don’t I illustrate that for you…” And with that, the woman faded from view, the dark tinge to the surrounding walls returning.

“What? No- NO! Don’t-

“Hello… again.”

After what happened, Lucy didn’t fully calm down, instead falling silent and needing to be lead out of the tent by Jayden. With no other option but to take the crazed carnival manager at her word, the two simply sat on a park bench near the exit to the attraction while the fair’s activities slowly creaked to a halt for the night. Almost all the guests had already left and the employees were busy picking up trash and shutting down lights and attractions that weren’t currently in use. The booth’s nearby already had their shutters closed and a few employees approached them, but Jayden was able to dismiss them without much resistance.

Eventually, when the fair was basically empty, Lucy finally spoke.

“So… that actually happened, right?”

“Um, yes. Whatever it is you’re referring to. How much do you remember?”

“You’re actually a guy, aren’t you?”

“Yes. You remember me?”

“Hel- whatever that thing was… she planted things- memories in my brain while she was…” She trailed, shaking her head clear of something before continuing. “She was thinking about you and you’re friends. I saw, or was forced to think about, what she did to you.”

“Oh. I’m sorry. I had no idea-

“What the hell are you apologizing for!? I got you turned into a bimbo mime for minimum wage, for Christ’s sake! If anyone should be apologizing its me- Oh my god… There were other people that went through there… Christ, why am I finding out about this just now!?”

“Hey, hey, its all right. You didn’t know. It’s not you’re fault.” Jayden said, trying her best to calm her down.

“I… How are you so okay with this?”

Jayden paused at that, wanting to give an honest answer.

“Well, I’m not okay with this, but I also recognize who’s at fault here, and it’s not you. You tried to help me when I asked for it, despite not knowing who I was, and you regret what you did to contribute to this, even though you didn’t know any better. That’s good enough for me. If you really want to make it up to me, I suggest you look for a different job. I don’t think you’ll be able to keep this one for much longer, anyway.”

“I think that’s a given at this point. But what about you? What about your friends? After being inside that thing’s head, I can tell you they probably aren’t going to come out unscathed.”

“You’re right about that… I don’t know. For now, I just want to collect them and leave. We’ll have to figure it out the rest later. I just hope they don’t turn out worse than I did.”

A fluttering sound came from inside the tent

“… hey, did you hear that?”

“Oh, someone’s coming! Hello? Is someone there?” Jayden called out, jumping to her feet and walking over.

The footsteps stopped, the person behind the door hesitating.

“Are you all right in there? Do you need help?”

No response. Instead, the person started moving again.

Despite already being quite tall herself, Jayden suddenly found herself staring upwards into a set of beastly red eyes framed by flowing mane of dark brown hair. The woman before her had a distant, somber expression initially as she emerged from the tent, her bushy eyebrows knitted in concentration.

But this expression instantly dissolved into wide eyed surprise when she realized a busty mime was half an arm’s length away from her chest.

“Ah.” Was all she exclaimed in surprise, flashing a set of pointed teeth.

“…”

For a moment, the two stared at each other, surveying the other, in silence. From Jayden’s perspective, it felt like this giant she-wolf of a woman was glaring at her, not noticing that her hands were shaking subtly.

“W-what’re you looking at?” The woman growled finally, a slight blush appearing on her scowling face.

“Are you okay?” Jayden asked.

“Who are you? Sophie?”

“Wha- oh! Right, you probably do- Oh wait, that must mean you’re Brittany, aren’t you?”

In response, the woman nodded, studying the mime with suspicion.

Suddenly, Jayden came forward and wrapped her arms around the giantess’ waist, causing her wide eyed expression to return as she squirmed uncomfortably.

“Uh, Sophie, what’re you-

“I’m glad you’re okay. I was worried about you. You are okay, right? I can’t even imagine what it was like for you in there.” She said, gaze up at her while continuing their hug.

The woman was left frozen under Jayden’s touch as she tried processing what was happening. Looking behind the mime, she searched the area, but the only thing she saw was the clown employee from the booth earlier (looking very uncomfortable).

The gears doing their best to turn in her skull, she finally spoke again.

“Where’s Jayden?”

“Oh. Right. You see-

Behind both of them, a husky sounding groan, even deeper than Brittany’s new voice, interrupted her.

Damn it, why do I have to walk this whole thing? This is all you’re fault, you skinny b*tch!

Sophie thought angrily as she slogged her way through the mirror maze. Now that Sophia had shaken her off, somehow, she wasn’t “teleporting” ahead anymore, meaning she had to waddle the rest of the way, carrying a concrete bag’s worth in extra weight with her. Weirdly, while she was definitely working up a sweat, she also didn’t feel too winded, so at least she could keep up this slow pace.

The real problem problem was her progress. She’d been waddling like this for what felt like hours with no end in sight, and as far as she knew this stupid maze could keep her walking like this forever. If only she didn’t have these stubby legs, she could at least get nowhere faster.

Thankfully, it seemed her suffering was finally brought to a close as she rounded the next corner. Sure enough, just up ahead, the mirrors gave way to another room, on the other side of which was a door. At long last, she had reached the exit.

With a relieved sigh, she immediately shifted into a surprisingly quick mad dash for the exit.

“Finally! I’m ou- OH!”

Sophie lurched to a halt, her entire body sloshing forward and nearly throwing her into the brick wall standing in front her.

Before her was easily the brawniest woman Sophie had ever seen, even facing the other way, giving her a view of the woman’s back abs and chiseled ass cheeks. She was obviously still a woman, with a clearly distinguished hour glass figure which was shown of by a skin tight set of black leggings and jean shorts as well as an orange shirt that cut off at the midriff, but Sophie doubted she’d every seen anyone outside of a few body builders with arms and legs that toned.

With her cleavage and the edge of her gut sitting on the periphery of her vision, Sophie couldn’t help but feel a bit self conscious.

“Sophia!?” Someone shouted, pulling her back into reality.

“Huh?” Her train of thought interrupted, she looked over to address the second woman who popped out from behind the first, nearly tripping over herself in the process.

Here was yet another massive woman towering over her, although she looked infinitely more feminine compared to her muscular counterpart. In fact, if it weren’t for the circus makeup, she’d probably be movie star levels of gorgeous.

It was a mime, or at least an approximation of one. Something told Sophie it wasn’t exactly traditional for mimes to wear booty shorts.

Regardless, the mime had a cute face with large eyes, a button nose, and full lips which, admittedly, blended with the rest of her bleached white skin and thus didn’t stick out much at a glance. Her long, metallic gray looking hair was tied back into a braid with a set of bangs. Early covering her left eye, and on top of her head was a crookedly-placed black beret, probably held up with bobby pins.

Not wanting to be caught staring, Sophie responded basically on instinct.

“Yeah? What, is there something on my face?” She joked, trying to defuse to the tension.

“Um…”

“Relax I’m just screwing with you. I know… Hey, wait, you two know who I am?” A flash of recognition came across her face as she got a better look at the giant woman’s striped shirt.

Meanwhile, the giantess had since turned around and started glaring down at her. Under her gaze, Sophie immediately felt herself break into a sweat, in no small part due to the fact that aside from the dog teeth and sharp eyes, she was actually quite pretty in her own right.

After a few seconds, a similar look of realization came across the giantess’ face as well, causing her pull away from both of them.

Having mutually come to the same conclusion, the two looked over to the mime next.

“Wait, so that means…”

“That means…” The giant parroted.

The mime’s lips pursed, a light gold color (a blush?) spreading across her cheeks.

“JAYDEN!?” The two said in unison.

“Um… surprise?”

The trio fell silent for a moment.

“… this is so unfair…” Sophie finally let out, slouching forward

“Rrrrrrgh, Damn you, Helga!!!”

“… let’s just go home already. By the way, this is Lucy.”

Somewhere nearby, in a room filled with monitors, Helga allowed a giggle to escape her lips. The trio, now foursome, had finally returned to their cars and were tryin to figure out how to divide the space and get everyone home. The fat one took up the entire back seat by herself, with her gut inches from spilling into the front, and the whiner in the group had to hunch forward with her knees pulled to fit into the passenger seat. All in all it, with this conclusion, Helga decided to consider this experiment a success.

Of course, she mused, we wouldn’t want our fun to come to an end? She wasn’t quite ready for her inventions to go into the mainstream, at least not yet. For now, she’d send a probe to follow them home, figure out who they have connections with, and eliminate any… inconvenient details from they’re memories. It would probably take all night, but as long as they didn’t do something silly like call the police, she should be able to pull it off without a hitch, just like the last batch.

Ah. That’s right. She promised one of her former test subjects she’d change her back if she found some replacements. With a sigh, Helga lurched out of her chair and reached into bag with one hand while typing into her keyboard with the other. A pair of images popped onto the screen, one of a young woman, not dissimilar to Jayden’s current appearance, sans the makeup of course, and the other being a plump, pleasant-looking older woman in her late fifties. The map showed her current location, the town hall’s library, right where she left her.

With a nod, she pulled out what she was looking for: a small toy gun, yellow with a red, rounded, conical muzzle, like something you’d see in a cartoon. Her fingers danced across the buttons on the side until it began to quietly hum to life in her fingers, after which she deposited it into her pocket. 
Another giggle escaped her lips as she grabbed her coat and headed out the door.

A deal’s a deal.

To be continued…