Suggestion: ability to crop and move thumbnail photos like profile photos

FeedistDani

• Curvage Model

I'm not sure exactly how to describe this, but when you upload a profile photo, you have the option to pick what goes in the circle, which is what shows as your photo on the site.

Is there any way we could incorporate this option for thumbnails? Or maybe a preview before we submit the file. I'm always accidentally chopping my face off 😅

HI,

It's a great suggestion.

The tricky part with this one is that embed thumbnails of your clips appear in many different formats depending on device/ screen size.

For example look at this...

image.pngimage.png image.pngimage.pngimage.png

You can see that it looks different depending on where and how it's viewed.  Even if you put your face in the right place using the tool you've suggested, your face would end up in the wrong place for many people. There isn't 1 single right answer for where to put your face.

With your profile photo, it's always the same aspect ratio no matter what device it's viewed on, so it's easy to control. This however, needs to be much more flexible.

I would say the best thing to do is think of it as a square.. plan for your image to be cropped as a square. Make sure your face is near the center and about 20% down from the top at least.

Thank you :)

• 4 weeks later...