Plus size dating in the real world

Guest GaelicGoddess

Guest GaelicGoddess

So today I was out and I saw the most gorgeous guy working at the garden centre. He was completely my type and even my mum was encouraging me to go up and talk to him. 

Now, as a plus size babe I love my curves. I love how my body looks now and I'm happy but I do wish I still had the same level of confidence that I had when I was slim. The UK still feels like such a fat phobic country and alot of guys I know who are into bigger girls feel like they have to hide it. So when I meet someone IRL I've no idea how to start flirting with them incase they think I'm repulsive. Add in the fact I've been single for over 4 years my confidence has really taken a nose dive. Sites like this are amazing for meeting people with similar fetishises all over the world but there doesnt seem to be many local people on here at all 😔 I just wish I had the guts to start up a conversation with this guy earlier 💔

Edited by GaelicGoddess

I've got good news for you!  There's TONS of completely free info and tutorials on "How To Flirt" and "Flirting" on YouTube that will TRAIN you.  Put in those keywords and give your self time to learn this new skill.  QUESTION - What if you had 3 simple questions to discover if your favorite "type" liked fat girls?  Then you could hunt them down on sight !!!  CONCLUSION: Even though I was born an introvert, I spent decades in Sales that taught me how to "hunt" money situations, and learned the skill.  Want to know more?  DM me......🤔

I know what you mean. Seems the same in Australia. I love how my body has changed, and continues to change, since deciding to embrace my long repressed gainer side. But flirting/dating is now a whole different ball game to when I was more conventionally sized.

Guest GaelicGoddess
6 minutes ago, Learn2$ELL said:

I've got good news for you!  There's TONS of completely free info and tutorials on "How To Flirt" and "Flirting" on YouTube that will TRAIN you.  Put in those keywords and give your self time to learn this new skill.  QUESTION - What if you had 3 simple questions to discover if your favorite "type" liked fat girls?  Then you could hunt them down on sight !!!  CONCLUSION: Even though I was born an introvert, I spent decades in Sales that taught me how to "hunt" money situations, and learned the skill.  Want to know more?  DM me......🤔

That's insane 😄🙈 it's more the confidence around other people I lack. When I was thinner I had no problem going up and starting a conversation with someone 😩 although to be fair i was usually ** back then 😄

Guest GaelicGoddess
2 minutes ago, thatguest said:

I know what you mean. Seems the same in Australia. I love how my body has changed, and continues to change, since deciding to embrace my long repressed gainer side. But flirting/dating is now a whole different ball game to when I was more conventionally sized.

I've had guys act like they are offended when I start talking to them which makes the situation worse. Instead of just politely making it clear your not interested, don't go and hurt the other person's feelings for being brave enough to try.  There must be hundreds of guys out there who love a big girl but it's trying to find them 😄

30 minutes ago, PlumpPrincess91 said:

I've had guys act like they are offended when I start talking to them which makes the situation worse. Instead of just politely making it clear your not interested, don't go and hurt the other person's feelings for being brave enough to try.  There must be hundreds of guys out there who love a big girl but it's trying to find them 😄

Oh we exist. But finding is the problem as you said! 

39 minutes ago, PlumpPrincess91 said:

Over here it seems that most fat girls like smaller guys. It was so much easier to hit it off with fat girls in bars and pubs when I was mid sized and fit versus being fat myself. 🤷‍♂️ 

Guest GaelicGoddess
26 minutes ago, Firstuser said:

Oh we exist. But finding is the problem as you said! 

It's getting the courage up to come and speak to someone, not knowing if he likes bigger girls or not 😄🙈 

Guest GaelicGoddess
16 minutes ago, thatguest said:

Over here it seems that most fat girls like smaller guys. It was so much easier to hit it off with fat girls in bars and pubs when I was mid sized and fit versus being fat myself. 🤷‍♂️ 

I'm not really fussed on a guys size, I've dated chubby/larger guys and I've dated slimmer guys but tbh I used to be scared I would break a skinny guy in half 😄 now I don't care, he knows what he is getting himself into 

On 8/2/2022 at 2:17 PM, PlumpPrincess91 said:

I used to be scared I would break a skinny guy in half 😄 now I don't care, he knows what he is getting himself into 

This is the greatest thing I have read anywhere on any topic all month!  They will not shy away from that energy that pretty obviously is there.  Except for the type of jerks that act offended when somebody speaks to them.  not going into it further but, man, if ya can’t hold a conversation without deriding someone that’s just blech.  However this is the type of guy that gives everyone a bad name.  People ask all the time in my profession how to talk to women (multiple times a week minimum making me feel like perhaps they have the wrong view of me lol). Just like any other person, do not go “hitting on someone” that’s different and don’t expect anything other than a conversation either way.  

Bottom line here is, you gotta go for it, Princess, break that guy! 😉

Guest GaelicGoddess
3 hours ago, Flat7 said:

This is the greatest thing I have read anywhere on any topic all month!  They will not shy away from that energy that pretty obviously is there.  Except for the type of jerks that act offended when somebody speaks to them.  not going into it further but, man, if ya can’t hold a conversation without deriding someone that’s just blech.  However this is the type of guy that gives everyone a bad name.  People ask all the time in my profession how to talk to women (multiple times a week minimum making me feel like perhaps they have the wrong view of me lol). Just like any other person, do not go “hitting on someone” that’s different and don’t expect anything other than a conversation either way.  

Bottom line here is, you gotta go for it, Princess, break that guy! 😉

Thank you 🥰 I guess j just got to shoot my shot and hope it works out for me 

19 hours ago, PlumpPrincess91 said:

Thank you 🥰 I guess j just got to shoot my shot and hope it works out for me 

No need for thanks, its all just love.  Living the vibes I need to be around and it leads me to good people... usually.  Personally if I had any hang up, so to say, its the entire concept of “dating” if one hasn’t met in person.  Feels like I see such negative assumptions, I stick to life.  Unfortunately that is either on tour 6 months or so and writing, recording. etc so my social options are quite limited beyond ppl on something 24/7 or exhausted workers going to sleep right when I get free and everything has closed 😅😏.  (Now your just gonna rub it in if ya do not shoot your shot! lol

much love,

B

Guest Twink Pred 😈
On 8/2/2022 at 12:17 PM, PlumpPrincess91 said:

So today I was out and I saw the most gorgeous guy working at the garden centre. He was completely my type and even my mum was encouraging me to go up and talk to him. 

Now, as a plus size babe I love my curves. I love how my body looks now and I'm happy but I do wish I still had the same level of confidence that I had when I was slim. The UK still feels like such a fat phobic country and alot of guys I know who are into bigger girls feel like they have to hide it. So when I meet someone IRL I've no idea how to start flirting with them incase they think I'm repulsive. Add in the fact I've been single for over 4 years my confidence has really taken a nose dive. Sites like this are amazing for meeting people with similar fetishises all over the world but there doesnt seem to be many local people on here at all 😔 I just wish I had the guts to start up a conversation with this guy earlier 💔

I, for one, am so shy about talking to any girl. I get paranoid of how they'll think of me.😣

Guest GaelicGoddess
1 hour ago, twinkgainer said:

I, for one, am so shy about talking to any girl. I get paranoid of how they'll think of me.😣

I think we all feel that way, it's so hard to walk up to someone you like and start up a conversation cos you never know how its going to turn out 😫

Guest Twink Pred 😈
1 hour ago, PlumpPrincess91 said:

I think we all feel that way, it's so hard to walk up to someone you like and start up a conversation cos you never know how its going to turn out 😫

And somewhat scary😨

Guest Hell Kaiser

The secret is: don't flirt lol. Just compliment them and have a normal conversation, and if they are interested, you can pick up on that and then flirt. (Almost) Nobody is gonna be repulsed from someone coming up and giving them a nice compliment. If they show initiative to keep continuing the conversation, they might be interested. I would say the best strategy from there is to hold off on the flirting as long as possible and wait to see if they flirt.