Do fat women actually dislike exercise?

Plumpnesslover

Guest DD Dee

I’ve never liked it!   I try to do things I like, like swimming. Low impact on my joints and keeps me mobile. Of course I like to just be in the pool laying on a float, too!  😂

C7D962B5-DB25-4FDB-B961-C179874B6628.jpeg

• Curvage Model

I’m around 252lb and I used to exercise quite a bit. More recently though the more fat mass I seem to gain the more of a sweaty mess I am and for that reason I really don’t like it anymore. I walk quite a bit and that’s really the most I can do. Running/jogging is a massive boob sweat catastrophe and any heavy cardio is also a wet mess. I will say though that the swimming pool is probably my favourite as it does alleviate some issues of exercising like sweating. Also floating is fun and it’s not really hard to move around as much 😃

Guest GaelicGoddess

I'm almost 450lbs, at my thinnest i was forever in the gym, away out climbing mountains and just generally always on the go 😄 now I can't even climb my stairs without having to take a break so yeah I would say I hate it. Although I do agree with a previous comment and say I really enjoy swimming 🥰

Guest Weight gain schadenfreude

I think it's a bit of a vicious cycle. Women who dislike exercise are more likely to get fat in the firt place, and being fat makes exercizing harder, so they're going to be further discouraged.

On 7/31/2022 at 8:00 AM, IvyMars said:

As a women that is almost 300 pounds and 4 foot 11 I can honestly say yes I do. After about 10 mins I’m out of breath and sweaty which makes me completely over it. 

This is so adorable...as are you! I didn't know you were only 4'11. That makes you even cuter!  You are SUCH a yummy butterball, one of my fave models. 

• Curvage Model

For me, I LOVE exercising. 
but it has to be in a controlled temperature area… 

if it’s hot out, I simply cannot workout. My fat ass feels like it is going to have a stroke.

but when the weather is in the 60-70s it is great! Just to get the endorphins running and to remind myself that my body is capable of more than just eating a ton! Lol

Do I workout like I used to at 170 pounds? No. Throwing around the weight I have now is much more difficult but I still try to get my body moving so I can handle all of this weight. ❤️

I get this all of the time. ”wow! You are really athletic! I would have never expected it for your size”

I love proving just because I’m a big girl doesn’t mean I have to always be immobile and lazy. I deserve to enjoy life just like standard sized people. 

2 hours ago, LaurenLush said:

For me, I LOVE exercising. 
but it has to be in a controlled temperature area… 

if it’s hot out, I simply cannot workout. My fat ass feels like it is going to have a stroke.

but when the weather is in the 60-70s it is great! Just to get the endorphins running and to remind myself that my body is capable of more than just eating a ton! Lol

Do I workout like I used to at 170 pounds? No. Throwing around the weight I have now is much more difficult but I still try to get my body moving so I can handle all of this weight. ❤️

I get this all of the time. ”wow! You are really athletic! I would have never expected it for your size”

I love proving just because I’m a big girl doesn’t mean I have to always be immobile and lazy. I deserve to enjoy life just like standard sized people. 

I can only support this!! 👏🏼👏🏼

• Curvage Model

I absolutely hate running. Always have, always will. Even when I played basketball in high school and was only 155 (and 5’11”), I absolutely hated it and my face would always get super flushed. Now that I’m more than 70 pounds heavier, there is no way I’d run unless it was an emergency situation. 

But walking and hiking I love. I’m not going to be doing any 8 mile a day hikes anymore, but I most certainly want to be able to enjoy being outside and in nature. It’s a big stress reliever and really can boost my mood. Even getting 5-10 minutes of sunshine can make a big impact on my quality of life. I hate how I sometimes get cabin fever being cooped up inside for the super- long northern winters. 

9 hours ago, LaurenLush said:

I still try to get my body moving so I can handle all of this weight. 

I wholeheartedly agree with Lauren that it’s important to be able to keep your body strong enough to handle your weight and to have an enjoyable life. 

Maybe fantasizing about immobility may be fun, in real life I would never want that for myself. As I gain, I want to continue to be able to do things that I love and have a strong enough back to not be in constant pain from all the extra weight. 

For me, I’d sum this up as 

1) I like being (relatively) fit

2) I hate actually doing exercise if I’m honest. Even when I was much fitter/smaller I didn’t ever actually enjoy it, if I’m honest with myself. 

I guess if being fit were a pill I could take, I’d take it. But not sure the ‘juice is worth the squeeze’ in real life. I’m more “sure abs are great, but have you tried tacos?!”

• 2 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model

I love moving and being active, but "active" means something totally different for me now 😅

I used to lift weights (not powerlifting or anything major) and walk 8+ miles a day, when I worked two jobs as a waitress and dog walker. Back then I was 170 and mostly muscle. I remember I could slap my calf and it wouldn't jiggle at all. Just the thought of walking that much today makes my feet and knees hurt 😅

Now, moving is still super important for my mental health. It's really easy for me to sit or lay around all day and stuff my face though - the more I eat, the less I want to move, so the heavier I get, which makes it harder to move and just makes me hungrier.

"Working out" for me now is things like pulling weeds in my garden (belly always get in the way) or walking my dogs for 30 minutes. 😅 a lot different than my previous 8 miles 6 days a week. Sometimes I'll go on a hike (read: waddle) with my husband/feeder there to help push me up the rocks lol.

To answer the specific question though, while working out is good for endorphins and such, I wouldn't say I "work out" anymore. I just can't be assed 😅 even walking up and down a flight of stairs makes me winded now.

32 minutes ago, FeedistDani said:

I love moving and being active, but "active" means something totally different for me now 😅

I used to lift weights (not powerlifting or anything major) and walk 8+ miles a day, when I worked two jobs as a waitress and dog walker. Back then I was 170 and mostly muscle. I remember I could slap my calf and it wouldn't jiggle at all. Just the thought of walking that much today makes my feet and knees hurt 😅

Now, moving is still super important for my mental health. It's really easy for me to sit or lay around all day and stuff my face though - the more I eat, the less I want to move, so the heavier I get, which makes it harder to move and just makes me hungrier.

"Working out" for me now is things like pulling weeds in my garden (belly always get in the way) or walking my dogs for 30 minutes. 😅 a lot different than my previous 8 miles 6 days a week. Sometimes I'll go on a hike (read: waddle) with my husband/feeder there to help push me up the rocks lol.

To answer the specific question though, while working out is good for endorphins and such, I wouldn't say I "work out" anymore. I just can't be assed 😅 even walking up and down a flight of stairs makes me winded now.

Well i can only imagine you’re quite far from athletic these days with that belly lol. But if makes sense. I had an ex that was tiny and went from 94lbs to 165lbs and she always mentioned her tiny self would kick her ass and run circles around her now lol

• Curvage Model

I personally love moving and using my body, but like everyone here I despise sweating.  So another emphatic vote for swimming!

I love hiking and nature walks, but try to make me run and I will end you.

I also do yoga quite a bit, and my job is very physical.  This helps me justify eating like a ** baby all the time.  Add it all up and you get the physique i sport today.

Flex GIF by Pokémon

ms_mac09.thumb.jpeg.552226e3954b3d94e4c7c8b373efdd8e.jpeg

• Curvage Model

I’m definitely a proponent of it. I walk at least 3 miles a day at 320lbs. I swim as much as humanly possible in the summertime and try to find things to keep me active like taking my dog out. I also used to play competitive softball and volleyball, but that was years ago. 
All depends on the person, but I think it’s definitely a misnomer to say fat people don’t like exercise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model

Personally I really used to love going to the gym it just made me feel like it was something I could do for my self? Not to loose weight but for a mental health pass time & I truly loved it! 

im now disabled so don’t even know if I could hack going back to a gym but I would love to do some swimming pool classes !

I think for a lot of people it just helps them mentally xx

Guest Hell Kaiser
On 8/19/2022 at 12:19 PM, Melpomene said:

I’m definitely a proponent of it. I walk at least 3 miles a day at 320lbs. I swim as much as humanly possible in the summertime and try to find things to keep me active like taking my dog out. I also used to play competitive softball and volleyball, but that was years ago. 
All depends on the person, but I think it’s definitely a misnomer to say fat people don’t like exercise.

That’s really amazing. No matter what your size is, exercise is awesome for you. Something I suggest for anyone is some sort of boxing training. Shadow boxing itself is a great workout and it gives your endorphins that you might never have felt before. You don’t even need to stand up if you’re getting tired, just throwing punches at all is great cardio.

• Curvage Model
11 hours ago, Hell Kaiser said:

That’s really amazing. No matter what your size is, exercise is awesome for you. Something I suggest for anyone is some sort of boxing training. Shadow boxing itself is a great workout and it gives your endorphins that you might never have felt before. You don’t even need to stand up if you’re getting tired, just throwing punches at all is great cardio.

Absolutely, there’s nothing quite like that high (well… not nothing 😉 ) you get from having severely exhausted yourself. I love your shadow boxing idea and have every intention of using it! Thanks! 😊

• Curvage Model
6 hours ago, [email protected] said:

My wife avoids at all cost as she now has limited stamina especially walking for a prolonged distance and at a decent pace. Complains even if she is not dropped off by the shop doors. A recent leg injury has only accelerated this 

I’m sorry. It’s hard. I remember when I wasn’t able to do much at 425lbs. Everything always hurt and walking from the end of a parking lot gave me anxiety. Something so simple. Wishing her a quick recovery!