Hard Rock/Heavy Metal

AdamansTemplum

Guest BiggerinTexas
On 7/22/2022 at 8:22 AM, distortion said:

Gonna need some heavy as Hell recommendations from everyone now. 

Pantera. 5 minutes Alone (In keeping with the “line up in here and give me a high five”. 😇

On 8/10/2022 at 1:15 AM, gricha said:

For those who want new things to listen to, one of my favorite French bands. Something a bit lighter than I usually listen to.

Alcest - Summer's Glory

I though Alcest's "Spiritual Instinct" album was really good. Just because it pertains to some future content I am working on, do you have any other French metal bands to suggest?

5 hours ago, AdamansTemplum said:

I though Alcest's "Spiritual Instinct" album was really good. Just because it pertains to some future content I am working on, do you have any other French metal bands to suggest?

I do, but they may be more violent - my favorite French band at the moment, that is Regarde les hommes tomber, plays black metal (more accurately, post-black, but still very violent), next one I should explore, Hangman's Chair, is more sludge/hardcore. I don't have much to suggest in an "atmospheric" style like Alcest, but maybe you can try to follow its leader's, Neige, collaborations.

One band I could suggest maybe is the Old Dead Tree, old band from the 2000s that made 3 albums before leaving, a very good and emotional metal with harsher vocals. First album was a concept album about the suicide of their drummer. Very sad, but IMO the best albums are made of raw emotions, and this one fits right in.

If you have a precise direction in which you would like to look, let me know, I can look for more.

On 8/19/2022 at 1:06 AM, gricha said:

I do, but they may be more violent - my favorite French band at the moment, that is Regarde les hommes tomber, plays black metal (more accurately, post-black, but still very violent), next one I should explore, Hangman's Chair, is more sludge/hardcore. I don't have much to suggest in an "atmospheric" style like Alcest, but maybe you can try to follow its leader's, Neige, collaborations.

One band I could suggest maybe is the Old Dead Tree, old band from the 2000s that made 3 albums before leaving, a very good and emotional metal with harsher vocals. First album was a concept album about the suicide of their drummer. Very sad, but IMO the best albums are made of raw emotions, and this one fits right in.

If you have a precise direction in which you would like to look, let me know, I can look for more.

That points me in a good direction. I'm working on a video for the future and I need to talk about 3 French bands outside of Alcest and Gojira so I'll see how I feel about your suggestions.

• Curvage Model
On 8/2/2022 at 12:02 PM, AdamansTemplum said:

That's the first Pantera song I ever heard before I actually got into them legit. Used to be in a Rock Band-esque game called "Welcome to West Feedback". Pretty sure "Kickstart My Heart" by Motley Crue was also in that game.

Love me some Motley Crue!! 🤤

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Curvage Model

Oh man! I should have checked out this thread sooner, y'all are my people 😍

I try to listen to most things at least once, but there's days where you get stuck in that rabbit hole of exploring new facets and subgenres because there's so much. I tend to be drawn to more Power, Melodic, Atmospheric stuff, but I can also jive with heavier sounds and more experimental pieces, too.  I probably wont bring anything incredibly new to the table, but some of my faves lately include:

Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder Album  - This is one of my go-to albums for just easy listening
Evoken - Hypnagogia Album   - Really broke the ice for me as far as Funeral Doom and more atmospheric sounds
Fractal Gates - The Light That Shines Album  - I also really love Beyond the Self, and Altered State of Consciousness, all really great albums. Bonus: They are French! 
Pagan's Mind - Infinity Divine Album -  Also just a really great easy listening album
Deafheaven - Sunbather Album  - This album changed me on a fundamental level. It was recommended by someone, and when I first looked up what the hell "Blackgaze" was, I was pretty skeptical but good lord, if I didn't have a transcendental experience listening to this album the first time. It probably isn't a sound for everyone, but they do it so goddamned well. I could probably write a dissertation on my feelings about it, but I'll spare y'all that 😂

Doe_nylie, there are definitely some things I will try in your suggestions. Even if my basic sound may have evolved to be darker over time, the mention of Deafheaven unites us 😄 and I didn't know Fractal Gates, maybe you know more about our metal scene than I do 😅😂

Guest Carcer89

I'm sure that someone has probably already mentioned them, but anything Sabaton rocks. Brothers of Metal's Prophecy of Ragnarök album is decent too.

• Curvage Model
On 11/3/2022 at 8:44 AM, gricha said:

Doe_nylie, there are definitely some things I will try in your suggestions. Even if my basic sound may have evolved to be darker over time, the mention of Deafheaven unites us 😄 and I didn't know Fractal Gates, maybe you know more about our metal scene than I do 😅😂

I just have lots of time on my hands and follow rabbit trails is all, haha. I like clicking through and going  "Ooo, what's this? What sound is that? Is it like this other thing I enjoy?" and that's how I end up with tons of albums downloaded and saved from all sorts of places 😂 That and listening to other people's playlists. 

On 11/3/2022 at 9:37 PM, Doe_Nylie said:

Oh man! I should have checked out this thread sooner, y'all are my people 😍

I try to listen to most things at least once, but there's days where you get stuck in that rabbit hole of exploring new facets and subgenres because there's so much. I tend to be drawn to more Power, Melodic, Atmospheric stuff, but I can also jive with heavier sounds and more experimental pieces, too.  I probably wont bring anything incredibly new to the table, but some of my faves lately include:

Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder Album  - This is one of my go-to albums for just easy listening
Evoken - Hypnagogia Album   - Really broke the ice for me as far as Funeral Doom and more atmospheric sounds
Fractal Gates - The Light That Shines Album  - I also really love Beyond the Self, and Altered State of Consciousness, all really great albums. Bonus: They are French! 
Pagan's Mind - Infinity Divine Album -  Also just a really great easy listening album
Deafheaven - Sunbather Album  - This album changed me on a fundamental level. It was recommended by someone, and when I first looked up what the hell "Blackgaze" was, I was pretty skeptical but good lord, if I didn't have a transcendental experience listening to this album the first time. It probably isn't a sound for everyone, but they do it so goddamned well. I could probably write a dissertation on my feelings about it, but I'll spare y'all that 😂

Love love love CoB. I have seen them twice. 🤘 It is a shame we will never see them live again ☹️