Worried about my girlfriends health

I(23) have been with my girlfriend(23) for over 5 years now and she's been gaining quite a lot of weight over this time. She's not a feedee, but she really enjoys food. Her weight is probably about 240lbs right now at 5'4". Over the last months I've noticed her gaining faster and becoming more lazy. First it was a huge turn on for me, but now I'm starting to get worried about her health. Heart problems run in her familie and I've noticed that she's out of breath really fast and her heart starts beating like crazy. She complains about a suffocating feeling in her chest from time to time (The doctor said it could be caused by her bad sitting position when she's working in the office, but it still worries me). She's on a diet right now and I'm trying to help her, but i feel like she should do some kind of sports to strengthen her heart and get back some stamina. The problem is that she hates basically every kind of cardio training. I told her about my worries and she agreed. An hour later she opened a bottle of wine and drank it basically alone. Does someone of you have similar experiences, or can someone suggest me what to do in this situation? I feel like my girlfriend is stuck in an endless circle of dieting and gaining more back..

Guest vegetaover9000
8 hours ago, michi.pfeiffer said:

I(23) have been with my girlfriend(23) for over 5 years now and she's been gaining quite a lot of weight over this time. She's not a feedee, but she really enjoys food. Her weight is probably about 240lbs right now at 5'4". Over the last months I've noticed her gaining faster and becoming more lazy. First it was a huge turn on for me, but now I'm starting to get worried about her health. Heart problems run in her familie and I've noticed that she's out of breath really fast and her heart starts beating like crazy. She complains about a suffocating feeling in her chest from time to time (The doctor said it could be caused by her bad sitting position when she's working in the office, but it still worries me). She's on a diet right now and I'm trying to help her, but i feel like she should do some kind of sports to strengthen her heart and get back some stamina. The problem is that she hates basically every kind of cardio training. I told her about my worries and she agreed. An hour later she opened a bottle of wine and drank it basically alone. Does someone of you have similar experiences, or can someone suggest me what to do in this situation? I feel like my girlfriend is stuck in an endless circle of dieting and gaining more back..

I have the same age and struggled with weight and depression my entire life, and in order to really help her you will need to change the habits of the entire house. Low calory dieting almost never works in the long run and people always gain all the weight back while screwing up with their metabolism. You will both like it it because it is really beneficial for the couple and sex just gets much better!

Having an unhealthy lifestyle also leads to insulin resistance, a leaky gut, chronic inflammation (which cause chronic disease and cancer) and low energy levels and is one of the causes of many cases of clinical depression, dementia and and even bipolar disorders, epilepsy and schizophrenia (if you are genetically predisposed for that and a trauma triggers it). 

Start a ketogenic diet with a lot of non-starchy vegetables, good sources of fats and quality meats. This can really cure insulin resistance and promote weight loss. 

Calisthenics are just great exercise and in order to properly do all the exericises you will need to develop a great physique. You don't really need gear to do most of the basics but the gear for pulling exercises is cheap and easy to carry around. There are many public places with pull up bars (but those are for later). 

Try doing sets of squats, push ups, abs, all the basics. Give some help with her movements because she is a woman and overweight and her muscles probably not strong enough (women tend struggle with push ups, my girl is slim thick and she still can't do it properly, but she is getting better).  Running around the neighborhood is also great. Buy one of those parallel bars at Decathlon, they are just great for a variety of exercises and a total necessity for starting pulling exercises.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DrEricBergDC/videos

Regarding nutrition this is just a great channel.

7 hours ago, fatowl said:

Try romantic walks.  Plenty of hydration in this heat.  Makes sure she gets plenty of potassium and magnesium.  

This is top of the line advice!

Also try using potassium salts in foods. They taste weird, but they can really improve your health. There are many like that: Lo Salt, FitSalt, etc.

Potassium and magnesium boost energy and minimize insulin resistance. When you have eaten a ton of carbs your entire life with a ton of sodium it just depletes your potassium reserves.

Her tachycardia may be very well related to low potassium and magnesium levels.

Reduce the amount of sodium in food, it just makes you drink a lot of water and pee all the other salts important.

Guest Missbbw

Hey, i weigh a lot not and have mobility issues due to my spine. 

but maybe just encourage going to a local park, trying to cook healthier meals that look delicious? Maybe talk about going on walking trips or goals you’d like to do with her? 

You could talk to her and see if there’s a reason I know a lot of girls who are bigger act okay but deep down we really are having a hard time x

Thank you all so much for the advice! I will definitely talk to her about the topic and whether there are deeper reasons for her behavior or not. We are already cooking quite healthy, but I guess we have to cut down the snacks. Also her cravings are part of the problem I guess. If she wants something to eat, she will get it. Besides that I'll try to get her to go for a walk with me or do some basic exercise. 

every effort, in every direction must come from the person in charge. we can only be supportive. problem is when she is not ok with the situation, meaning, is she ok with being fat? if not, then the root of the issue must be addressed. if it is binge eating it is usually for another reasons entirely so the solution may not just be in a diet or in adding some exercise. 

now if both are enjoying the curves, just be careful, drop the diet, relax and talk about it... 

personally i would love to see my wife get to 250, but only doing it so on a joyful eating ride, not in emotional distress. that wouldn't be as hot for sure. thanks for sharing and best of luck.

She's okay with being fat in general, but wants to lose some weight because she's not happy with the way she looks right now. She just loves to eat and is snacking quite a lot. 

Her weight has never really been an emotional distress, for which I'm really thankful for. She's relatively confident in her body and loves the attention she gets from me. 

I'm just don't want her to gain more weight uncontrollably and see her health declining. I think that some minor changes to our lifestyle could do a lot and thanks to your advices I think we'll be able to manage it well. 

• Curvage Model

In these situations even the most seemingly insignificant change can help a lot.

Replace salt with spices, have her start taking magnesium in the evening (it dissolves in water), in 4 weeks it helped bring my blood pressure back to normal levels. 

Of course she needs to exclude any carbonated, sugary drinks and alcohol... 

Walking is necessary. You don't need to run or go to the gym, but an hour of walking a day is essential for your heart's well-being. I have found it helpful to buy a watch that counts my daily steps (I always try to exceed 8,000)

With the nice season you can propose trips to the park, to the lake, visit some museum or monument, all of which unknowingly make people walk a lot!

Once a week she can still have her "cheat day" and eat the things she prefers and how she prefers them, but in these situations health must be put before everything. 

Good luck ❤️ 

Edited by Luna Hellborn

I'm overwhelmed by your answers! I've been around here for quite some time,  but I've never posted anything. I honestly didn't count with any helpful reactions but you guys just helped me so much. I've talked to my girlfriend about the things you suggested and she's super open about them. I'm sure she'll do better in no time. 

Again, thank you so much!