The Fat Stance

PhatCat

I recently saw a photo of someone I previously dated who had plumped up quite a lot. When I dated her she was thick and curvy, with very large boobs (that had been reduced), wide hips, thick thighs and a potbelly. She had confidence in her body, and it showed. She was comfortable being in her underwear around me at all times, but she would try to pull her panties up over her lower belly. But in this recent photo she looked fat. She must have gained at least 50 pounds, with the gain most noticeably in her stomach and arms, but the biggest different was in how she was standing. I'm not sure what caused it. She wasn't posing but just looked plopped there. There was no confidence in her stance. I noticed her arms didn't fall to the sides but were being pushed out by her wider middle. And maybe she was standing differently because she couldn't comfortably support the extra weight in her belly. Does anyone know what makes fat people stand differently from other people? Is it mainly any of the reasons above, or is it something else?

1 hour ago, SquishyGemini said:

I think a lot of it is the fear of judgement and societal expectations for weight. Most people are expected to not want it and therefore being confident carrying so much extra weight can be looked down on

It looked like she forgot how to stand. But there was no trying to hide her gain (not that she could) and she's just standing there letting it all hang as if she's given up.

I think some of it can be from physics and not just confidence. As the belly gets bigger, it can pull that part of the body forward. The shoulders lean back to counterbalance. And the head can go forward to counterbalance the shoulders. And as you mentioned, width can also push the arms out to the sides which elevates the shoulders somewhat