“Out-of-shape” moments

• Curvage Model

It definitely happens to me with the mobility issue as well. I haven't lost it, but I start to pant just walking a few meters. Let's not even talk about the stairs, they are a challenge for me. But it excites me so much. I've videotaped myself naked running just to see how my ass and belly, even when I stop, continue to wobble for a few seconds because of how fat they are. It's so hot to be out of shape for me 🙈

• 2 weeks later...

I believe this is relevant. 

One of my friends at university, a netball player, at least in the first few years of uni, often complained of being out of breath when we would be crossing campus. It was commonly a five or ten minute walk, at a leisurely pace. She was average height, solidly built from training but appeared to have rounded off due to her diet - tall, milky coffees, energy drinks and other 'study stimulants' as she'd call them - with her weight yo-yoing from semester or year to year. She was the first person I had known to be out of puff from fairly mild physical activity and not in a sporting context; her jokes about her physical state became more frequent as our degrees progressed, and, it has to be said, the distance between classrooms narrowed. One in particular meant we had to ascend three flights of stairs. In the first week, we set off walking alongside each other, telling jokes and so on, but soon after the first flight it became a case of 'You go ahead,' and I found myself, as all good friends do, waiting for her. Other times, she would skip the early lesson and I would catch her part way up the stairs, really pressing herself into the railings, her face flushed red, her wide frame engulfing quite some of the staircase. Even now, if I bump into her she will remark about that 'murderous tute upstairs' and roll her eyes. And on indulgence, given her obesity, part of me thinks she finds the thought alone exhausting. 

I have just started seeing this girl. She is in her early 20-ies, about 160 cm (5’3”) tall, average built, with nice legs (mild cellulite), and her belly is a bit pudgy, something between chubby and semi-toned. Very good looking.

I lead an active lifestyle so I invited her on a hike. I was in river valley in a national park. You have to go down a big and steep hill, cross a river and go up a hill on the other side. Then the same back.

Going down and crossing the river was not hard for her. But when we started walk up she got out of breath almost instantly. She walked very slowly, had to stop numerous of times, breathing heavily like hell, sweating profusely, saying that her heart is about to pop out of her chest and her legs are giving up. We got bypassed by a lot of other hikers. About half way up she was exhausted and desperate. She said she is suffering and physically can’t make it. I had to push her up the rest of the hill. When we finally got on the top she laid down on a bench and was just laying and breathing for 5 minutes. After that she needed another 10 minutes of sitting before she could stand up and walk about 1 km to a restaurant. Even then her breathing was still exelerated and her face was flushed red.
After the dinner we walked back. She looked obviously tired. When walking down the hill she complained that her legs are sore and cramping. The way up on the other side was even twice as long as we did the first time. I pushed her up the whole way. She stopped often and stops were twice as long as walking rounds.
The whole way back to the city she sat in a car looking and sounding super tired.

We had a conversation and she said that this hike was physically hardest thing she have done for years. She said she never exercises. At all. She haven’t exercised for 4 years – since high-school. And even then she didn’t get much exercise, they were just playing sport gaumes for fun. Even then she avoided running the field because she doesn't like running. At school, when she had to run a timed mile, she just walked. She basically has no movment at all. She walks barely 1 or 2 km a day, and even that is rarely. She avoids stairs and takes an elevator even if she has to go up just one floor. That’s because she be panting after walking up even 1 flight of stairs and she doesn’t want to get embarrassed about it. She never runs. She rather chose to miss a bus or train than run to catch it.

I also asked about her abs because they look semi-toned. She said she never does abs. She can’t even do 1 sit-up without holding her feet. And she thinks that her belly is big, definitelly not abs. She pulled up the shirt and grabbed her belly fat to demonstrante it. I asked if she’d like to have abs and she replied that it isn’t something that matters a lot. It was clear thet she isn't willing to take an effort to achieve it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After I put on a fair bit of weight the first thing that became so much more difficult was stairs as the others have said and walking uphill. Back pain also sucks.
One of the things that I had to get was a place to sit to put on and tie my shoes. Bending down is so hard. After more gain (closing on 300lbs  as of now :() things are getting out of hand, ankle and knee problems, getting up from the bed/couch is also quite difficult, finding cute clothes is impossible.

Some friends invited me on a light hike trail for the weekend (they haven't seen me in quite some time and didn't consider my level of fitness). The trail usually takes about an hour an a half. About 10 minutes in I got really out of breath and we had to slow down significantly, rest stops had to be made every 15 minutes or so(Although the trail was only slightly uphill).
We reached the most steep part which had stairs for easier access there was the most embarrassing situation ever, I wanted to die out of embarrassment. Half way up the stairs I could not continue and was breathing so so hard, sat there for a while and ultimately 2 friends had to came and helped me to go up. A little after that we decided to head back since it was obvious I would not be able to continue. I don't know how far we got into the trail but the whole thing took us 6 hours.

After this 'hike' everything hurt, like EVERYTHING. This is the point where my weight is getting too far I think and will try to get is a bit of shape since needing help to go upstairs is not ok because going home my gf also had to help me up the stairs once again.

With a group of art students out on a little walk. There’s a larger girl who I know a little.  I’ve only seen her in dress before and she normally dresses in a way that complements her super curvy figure… but today she was wearing jeans. She has the biggest muffin top, even in high waisted jeans. Button straining, zipper can’t reach the top, gut hanging out several inches, and jiggling like mad, and she was completely out of breath. Hard to contain myself. So sexy. 

• 1 month later...

I was chatting with this girl on a dating app and somehow she mentioned that she hate's that her apartment is on the second floor because she no longer have breath when she arrives on the second floor. I took the theme and asked what's the highest floor she have climbed up by stairs. She said  seventh and she took breaks on the third, fifth and sixth floor, and arrived there breathless.

Being a big girl comes with its own set of challenges, and one of the biggest is dealing with the everyday tasks that most people take for granted. Simple things like getting dressed, taking a shower, or even walking down stairs can turn into monumental efforts. While I've learned to embrace my body and appreciate its unique beauty, there are times when my weight can make even the simplest tasks feel like an uphill battle.
One of the most common issues I encounter is getting around in public spaces. Narrow aisles, crowded buses, and even regular seating arrangements can pose significant challenges. I've often had to squeeze through tight spaces, carefully maneuvering my way around people and objects. It's not always easy, and it can be quite embarrassing when I accidentally bump into someone or struggle to fit into a seat.
Another challenge I face is climbing stairs. The ascent can be tiring and breathless. Often, I have to take breaks after just a few steps, pausing to catch my breath and regain my composure. Sometimes it's a bit frustrating to know that something as simple as walking up a flight of stairs can be so difficult.
Even simple tasks like just walking or standing for extended periods can be taxing. My feet tend to get sore and achy, and my joints often protest. I've learned to incorporate rest breaks into my daily routine, making sure to sit down and elevate my legs whenever possible.
I remember one particularly embarrassing incident that involved my beloved couch, a plush and inviting haven that had become a staple in my living room. It was a Friday night, and I was settling in for a movie marathon with my favorite snacks, ready to indulge in a world of cinematic adventures. As I sank into the couch's comforting embrace, I felt a sudden creak beneath me. I paused the movie, a sense of unease creeping over me. Then, with a loud and final groan, the couch gave way, collapsing under the weight of my figure. I found myself sprawled on the floor, surrounded by a cloud of cushions and a lingering sense of mortification. My heart pounded as I assessed the damage (and after I heaved myself up lol). The couch's frame was shattered, its once-sturdy springs twisted and mangled. I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the situation. After all, what's life without a few embarrassing moments to keep things interesting?
Despite these challenges, I'm determined to live a fulfilling life. I've found ways to adapt my lifestyle to my body's needs. I've also learned to be more vocal about my needs. I don't hesitate to ask for help when I need it, whether it's carrying groceries or getting on and off public transportation. I've found that most people are understanding and willing to lend a hand.
To my fellow big girls, I want to emphasize that we are not alone in our struggles. Mobility challenges are a common experience for many of us. The key is to not let these challenges define us or limit our lives. We can still be independent and confident.
So, let's embrace our bodies, celebrate our strength, and never let anyone tell us what we can or cannot do. We are big girls, and we are beautiful, capable, and worthy of all the good things in life. Especially when it comes to the culinaric world ;).

• 2 months later...
  • Curvage Model

My friends always wants to go hiking, and I'm like hmm why not, but I know that I couldn't take it all the way! So last time we went on a hike, and they always choose a smaller and the easiest one because of me, they know I can't take it that well. We have to do a lot of stops because of me, like every 15mins because I get out of breath so easily...even when we are just hiking on a really flat spot. I love the nature but I have to walk so slow and get a lot of breaks.