Car Enthusiasts in This Community

Buckshot

Good afternoon, 

First post, long time member of the Curvage community.  I was wondering if there are any other car enthusiasts here, and what it is you drive.  My girlfriend (also my feedee) and I are both into cars and curious if there is anyone else out there like us.  Also, I encourage those to share any stories about experiences in cars, like being too big for a car, not being able to get out, seat belts too tight, ect.  

HER CAR: 09 E90 BMW 328I

-Exhaust + Tune

- Bilstein B8 shocks + H&R Sport springs.

-AFE Air Intake system + AFE Air Scoops

- 18x9.5 ESR SR07 rims with 1" stretch on some el' cheapo tires.

- 5% tint front and rear + 35% tint on entire windshield

OUR PROJECT: 99 Jaguar XJR

- Upper + Lower supercharger Pulley

-Upgraded High-flow BOSCH Water pump

- Exhaust with X-pipe

-Jag XK8 Rims + Nitto Invo Luxury Sport Tires.

I look forward to reading stories and checking out what everyone drives!  -Buck

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I'm a car enthusiast. As my avatar shows, I own a 2021 Mustang GT - premium trim with the 6 speed manual. No modifications yet, it's a new car. Not that it needs much more power, 460hp and 420ft-lbs of torque has been plenty every time I take it out for a drive 😃

I do a lot of basic maintenance stuff on my vehicles, but not much beyond that. I've only installed things like cold-air intakes, nothing major for engine or performance. Modern engines have too many wires and computers, I'm erring towards paying someone else to do it anymore. I'm currently hating life after doing spark plugs on my F-150 - the 2.7L ecoboost has the flimsiest ignition coil connectors. The little plastic tabs love to break off, and the pin guide/connector just disappeared on the one after removing it from the ignition coil. I ended up bending the pins on the one coil, causing a misfire on cylinder 5. What should have been a 45 minute job has now turned into several hours of my cussing and swearing about one tiny piece of plastic rendering an entire truck worthless 😩. The new spark plug for cylinder 1 was bad too - first time I've seen a brand new plug be completely DOA. I got it back together and cleared the misfire, but I'm not about to redo all the wiring for the ignition coil harness. So off to the shop it goes, to end up costing 2-3x more than it should have, if I had just had the shop change the plugs in the first place 🤑.

Anyways, I also enjoy watching professional racing and going to car shows. It's fun to see the classics restored to mint condition, or a modified classic that brings it into the 21st century.

I have a 68 Mustang GT/CS. This is 1 of 4,118 made. It is all numbers matching. It has a 390 cubic inch V8 (6.4L). 4 speed top loader transmission. Makes about 350 horse power and 420 foot pounds of torque. It has a 9 inch rear end with 3.55 gears and a Detroit locker. Engine mods are: Holley 650 cfm double pumper carburetor, Edelbrock intake, Comp cam, H👀ker headers. It also has 2 Flowmaster 40 series mufflers. 

20210528_102014_HDR_2.jpg

20210528_094522_HDR_3.jpg

20210528_094457_3.jpg

20210528_094623_HDR_3.jpg