Girlfriend wants to gain weight but can't

Herrmann

Hi!

First the background:
I'm now in a relationship with my girlfriend for over 3 years. Over time I slowly told her that I like
girls with a bit more fat in the booty and thigh area. To my advantage, she has nothing against it and can even
imagine gaining weight as long as she likes it and doesn't gain too much in her belly. I'm completely fine with that
knowing that she is pear-shaped at a weight of 123 lb and height of 5'6 feet. So she has a really small
upper body and a bigger lower body (hip to waist of 0.64!).
Also, her mother and grandmother often tell her she should eat more to gain weight.
As you can see a lot is in my favor and the most important part she wants to gain on her own not just because of
her family or me.

So we tried to increase her calorie intake to at least 2500 per day which is 500 to 700 more than she would normally
need, because she doesn't do any sport.
Unfortunately after 2 weeks, nothing happened although she ate some days even more.
So she got a bit disappointed.

Have you made a similar experience with the number of calories? In my opinion, 2 weeks may be too short, but she already tried before that to eta more than usual.
Also, you can say she is stuck at her current weight since we started dating, which I find unexpected.

Can you give any advice on how I can help her to stay motivated and what she can eat or what could be the problem for
no change in her weight for such a long time?
FYI she eats vegan and glutenfree(because of a disease), which shouldn't be a problem, because most girls which
have to eat gluten-free gain weight after they change their nourishment.

Guest coley501

You guys just need to be more patient. If she keeps eating at least 2500 she'll start to gain weight after a while. Besides, after a while she'll get used to eating that much and it'll stop feeling like a chore. Then you can always up it again if needs be.

• Curvage Model

Hi there, I'm a feedee that has been working on weight gain, but was in the same boat as your girlfriend! I would say definitely give it time... I was 5'0 115lbs a year ago, and after a full year of stuffing almost every day, I only gained about 25lbs. Every body is different, and sometimes just one stuffing can make you gain 5lbs, and sometimes a year of stuffing can make you gain 25lbs. I would give her time, for sure! (Plus, 2 weeks is really not a lot of time to gain!)

Also, I think the time when I really saw myself soften up all over is the time when I STOPPED focusing on gaining and just focused on stuffing myself with food that I love! It's sort of like watching water boil: If you keep paying attention to it, it'll seem as though it will never actually come to a boil.  If she is eating 2500 a day, she *will* gain weight, I guarantee. I would recommend her taking the focus off gaining, and putting it on eating whole foods that will make her feel good while she's gaining. Because she will gain weight regardless of whether she is pressuring herself to gain or not: she may as well stop pressuring herself and just have fun!!! (Easier said than done — but it's not impossible!)

As far as recipe help — I was vegan and GF for a little bit: white potatoes and chickpea pasta are the best GF and vegan options for putting on weight. Also, a yummy heaping bowl of vegan pesto pasta sounds amazing! I would also recommend baking things like vegan, GF banana bread loafs! When eating vegan and GF, it's important to put an emphasis on eating more carbs — so I'd say to cook whatever you would find at a pasta place, or any meal that is rice-, potato-, or starch-heavy. Also, vegan mango lassi's and date shakes are great alternatives to milkshakes :) 

I hope this helps!!!! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Stuff at every meal until she has trouble taking a breath. Guaranteed weight gain. She can pull it back after a couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...

Another way to stay motivated besides counting calories which can get tedious, is to just double what she is used to habitually eating. Always go for seconds. If you normally take one scoop of mashed potatoes at dinner, take two. If you normally grab one cookie for desert, grab two.