Autumn (BBW~WG)

JDubois

Autumn 

by Jolene Dubois

Chapter 1

Mike sat on the cement stoop and looked out at the apartments across the street. The building directly in front of him was his, but the old brick one to his left was where Autumn lived.

He took another drag off his cigarette. It was an early afternoon in May and the sun was shining through his short, dirty blonde hair and bouncing across his handsome face. He’d only moved to the neighborhood a week ago, but he thought by now he would’ve seen her, at least once, but he hadn’t. Not one time had he witnessed her come out of her apartment, not even for a cigarette. Did she quit? She’d been trying to give up smoking back when they worked together. That was over four years ago. Of course, he had seen her since then. They went on a date, well sort of…but still, even that was a few years back.

God she was really beautiful, why hell didn’t he pursue her further?

Every time he went over to that stoop for a smoke, he’d kept an eye out for her. Countless girls came in and out of her building and whenever he got excited that one of them might be her, he was left disappointed. From a distance, it was hard to tell.

Maybe that’s her! No, too tall.

Is that Autumn? No, not pretty enough.

Is that-no too short.

Maybe….nah

He’d probably have a better chance of spotting her if he focused more on men and if their heads snapped around when a woman walked by. That woman would no doubt be Autumn. Aside from her looks, and though it seemed superfitictial and dumb, one of the things he liked about Autumn was her size. She was around 5 feet 5 inches tall and 130 to 140 pounds or so, a perfect match in his mind, for his 5 foot 11, 165 pound frame. She hit all the checkmarks of the ideal girlfriend that he’d always fantasized about.

He looked at his phone. He thought about texting her again but he didn’t want to come across as needy or overzealous. He hadn’t necessarily planned to move in right next door, but when he saw the location and the available studio apartment, he took it without hesitation. He didn’t have time to be choosy. Living in the building next to Autumn was just a happy coincidence and that was all.

He took a final puff on his cigarette, stomped it out on the sidewalk then grabbed the pack out of his jacket pocket but it was empty.

Shit.

It was a short walk to the corner mini mart. Just down the sidewalk and across the street. The place had the selection of a small gas station, but he could buy cigarettes there and it had become his main grocery store.

He turned down the aisle and scoured the cold cases for his usual drinks. He grabbed a couple of Red Bulls, cradled them in one arm and headed toward the front checkout counter. He stopped.

There was a girl in his way. Not just any girl either. Although her back was turned Mike could tell that this was a very attractive, and very shapely young woman, and she wasn’t hiding much in her black tights and green camisole. Was it her? No, it couldn’t be. This girl had some hips on her and Autumn never had quite that much junk in the trunk. She turned and tossed back her shoulder length reddish brown hair.. “Mike?”

His knees suddenly weakened and butterflies fluttered in his stomach. “Autumn?”

He blinked and did a double take. She was more beautiful than he remembered, and with the way she filled out those leggings, she was a bit curvier than he remembered too. She looked like she was closer to one hundred and sixty pounds than to 130. He was prepared for that though. Part of what had rekindled his interest was that he knew from Facebook, that she had put on a little weight, and there was something about a woman with curves that excited Mike like nothing else. Perhaps because all of his ex-girlfriends had been slim and petite.   

Anyway, Autumn had broken her foot or something a while back and there were a few photos of her online with friends at an outdoor country music concert. She was sitting on the grass next to a pair of crutches, wearing cutoff jean shorts that displayed softer, chubbier legs. An understandable and slight weight gain that was no doubt the result of her injury. Autumn was many things, but fat, or anything close to being overweight or out of shape was never one of them, or so he thought.

Standing before him now she flashed a big smile. “Hey, I thought that was you! Sorry I didn’t get back to you, I’ve just been really busy.”

Mike’s heart thumped and he tried his best to keep his gaze from lowering too far south of her alluring neckline. Since when did she have breasts like that? “That’s okay. How have you been?”

She shrugged, then gestured at her leg. “I’m alright, still limping around a little.”

“Yeah, I saw that.”

“Next!” the small Asian woman behind the front counter said.

Autumn turned with her bag of cheetos and iced tea and went to check out. She asked for a pack of American Spirits and paid. Mike followed behind and did the same, trying hard not to gaze too longingly or obviously at her butt.

They stepped outside and slowly started walking together toward home.

“So which building are you in?”

“That one.” Mike pointed across the street. “The blue one with the white…pillars.”

She had a slightly amused expression on her face. “Wow you really are right next door.”

He shrugged as the walk sign came on and they started crossing the street. “Yeah, it was a good price.”

She continued to move gingerly, trying not to put too much weight on her foot. “I think you’ll like living on the hill, it’s a fun neighborhood, great restaurants all around this area.”

“I’ll bet, although I hope you haven't had to walk too much with that foot.”

“I manage just fine.”

They approached their buildings. “We’ll have to grab coffee and catch up,” Mike said.

She smiled. “I’ve got a meeting right now but I’d love to have coffee with you. I’ll text you when I’m free.”

“Ok Autumn, sounds great.”

“Bye Mike. Good to see you.”

Goddamn she was beautiful. He packed his Camels against his palm as she turned to walk away. He could hardly believe how much bigger and rounder her ass was. Gone was the cute little barista girl that he had known and in her place was a stunning and fully grown sophisticated woman of substance. He actually felt a little intimidated by the shapely contours and curves of her alluring figure. “You too,” he said.

https://www.**.com/Jolenedubois?fan_landing=true

Chapter 2

The coffee shop was adjacent to a small art theater and Autumn walked through the doors the next afternoon. She saw Mike standing in line with nobody behind him. He looked good. When they used to work together at Starbucks, all the girls had crushes on him and she was no exception, although she would never reveal that.

Mike turned and smiled. “Hi.”

“Hey.”

He inspected her. She was dressed in a pair of high waisted jeans and a cute black shirt with sleeves so short that they barely covered her narrow, yet softened shoulders. Her upper arms were so much more fleshy and plush than Mike remembered, a clear indicator of her recent weight gain. “What do you want to drink?”

“I’ll get it.”

His smile dimpled. “No, it's on me. You walked all the way over here, it’s the least I can do.”

She looked at him blankly, then shrugged. “Okay.” Her long dark eyelashes fluttered in thought for a moment. “I’ll have a soy chai, twelve ounce.”

“You got it.” Mike got a little lost in her gaze. Her chocolate eyes were stunning and they complimented her fair skin and beautiful auburn hair perfectly. It seemed she had spent a little extra time on her makeup that afternoon and he took notice. He wasn’t the only one either, as he caught the bearded barista checking her out pretty hard as well. “Go ahead and find a table, I’ll bring it over.”

“Okay.”

Steam rose and hissed from the espresso machine as the hipster behind it prepared the hot beverages. When the drinks were ready Mike put the lids on and walked them over to the small round table next to the window where Autumn was sitting.

“Thanks,” she said.

“My pleasure.” He took his jacket off and sat across from her. “So what happened to your foot?”

She brought her Chai to her nose then set it down. “It was an ankle fracture, kickboxing training at the gym.”

“Really, kickboxing?”

“Yeah, messed up my knee too, but that’s pretty much healed now.”

“That’s too bad.” Mike nursed his Americano carefully. He was nervous. This was what he had been hoping for since he moved. A chance to sit down and have coffee with Autumn. Now it was actually happening and he desperately wanted to make the most of it, but her fuller figure and haughty beauty was not exactly doing anything to put him at ease. Was she always this gorgeous?  “Cool that you were kickboxing though, I’ve always wanted to try something like that.”

She adjusted her hips in her seat. “So, when did you move again?”

He cleared his throat. “Just about a week ago.”

“Why the hill?”

“I just needed a place. Took one of the first apartments I saw.”

She gave him an expressionless and prolonged stare as if she didn’t believe that was the whole story. “Breakup?”

“Yeah.”

“Doing okay?”

He sat up straight and looked her in the eye. “Oh yeah, it was my decision and it was the right thing to do, so it’s good.”

“What happened?”

His americano was beginning to cool down and he took a sip before he spoke. “I don’t know.” He paused, searching for words. ”She was a little bit older, I think we were just in different places in life, wanted different things.” He looked out the window at the busy city street, then back at her. “How about you? You got a boyfriend?”

She sighed and rolled her eyes. “Went through a breakup a few months ago.”

“Do you mind if I ask what happened?”

“I don’t know.” She took a sip of her Chai. “We went to Hawaii together, got in a big fight and split up when we got back.”

Mike had figured she was single but he was relieved all the same when he heard her say it. He had gone through her Facebook and Instagram accounts and had seen a picture or two of the guy he assumed she was talking about. He was young and handsome, seemingly much more like himself than the huge bodybuilder guy he knew she dated a few years prior. “What was the fight about?”

She sighed again. “I wanted to go out to nice restaurants and enjoy myself, he didn’t want to spend money.”

Mike nodded slowly. “Oh.”

“I was like, okay, we’re here, we’re not here very often, I want to go out and have fun…but he wasn’t into it. He said he didn’t want to waste money on needless stuff and said I was too bossy.”

Mike shook his head slowly, but in agreement, although he knew from his experience of working with Autumn, that she most definitely had authoritative aspects to her personality. “It’s not bossy to want to go out to a nice restaurant.”

She rolled her eyes in an exaggerated way that Mike found incredibly sexy, but then again, everything she did was sexy. Just watching her lips move seemed to mesmerize him.

“I know,” she said.

“Relationships are hard. I feel like the closer I get to 30, the heavier everything feels.”

She slid her butt to the back of her chair. “Well you gotta work at them, and you have to be with someone who is willing to work.”

“For sure.” He looked into her eyes and then down at her drink which she was clutching with both hands. Her hands were small, delicate and her nails were manicured a creamy sea-green color. “Are you lactose intolerant?”

Her head tilted upward. “Why because of the soy?”

He was testing her. “Yeah, just curious.”

“Not really, it's just that regular milk upsets my stomach sometimes.”

“So many people around here are gluten free or vegan these days.”

“Omigod yeah.”

“But you’re not?”

“No, I don’t give into trends that easily.”

“I like that.” He smiled. She had passed his test with flying colors. He had dated girls in the past that seemed to be allergic to everything and had multiple dietary restrictions and he found such things to be difficult to navigate during the courting phase of a relationship.

They sipped their beverages and made small talk for a while longer and then Mike said: “Got any pets?”

“Yeah, I have a cat.”

“Boy or girl?”

“Boy. His name is Samson.” She pursed her lips for a moment and smiled through her eyes. Her facial features were delicate and feminie, much like her hands. Mike always thought she looked a little bit like a redheaded Scarlet Johansson, and he found it alluring and intriguing that despite the weight gain, her beautiful face seemed to have remained unchanged and unaffected by the extra pounds, at least in comparison to her hips. She moved her chair backwards a little. “You wanna meet him?”

“Yeah.” He took a final swig of his coffee then stood up. His eyes drew down towards her legs which were packed so snuggly in her stylish jeans. Still in her seated position Mike had a clear view of her hips and thighs. She was even bigger and curvier than he had initially realized. He had always known Autumn to have a small, tight little hourglass figure, but looking at her now she seemed more bottom heavy and pear-shaped, much to his delight. He watched as she scooted back her chair further and placed her hands on the table. “Need help?”

“I can manage,” she said in a haughty if not breathy voice. With a little more effort than he was expecting, she heaved herself up carefully. Mike moved a chair out of her way to clear a path then grabbed her Chai, it was empty.

“I’ll recycle these real quick,” he said.

She nodded then focused her attention back on walking without putting too much weight on her foot. Mike held the door open and they headed outside.

He kept in stride with her and they crossed the street and continued to walk slowly until they were in front of her building. They stopped.

Mike put his hands in his pockets as a cool breeze chilled the air. “You uh, want a cigarette before you go?”

“I’d need a jacket.”

“You can wear mine.”

“No, it’s okay.” She paused for a moment then smiled at him. “We can smoke inside.”

“You can smoke in your apartment?”

“Not really, but I do sometimes. I just turn the fan on and try to blow it out the window.”

“Okay, sure.”

He followed her to her front door. Her building was old and quaint, probably 1890’s construction, he thought. She led him inside to a small maroon carpeted lobby, then around the corner to the left. She took keys out of her brown leather handbag and unlocked the door to her ground level studio. They went in and a black cat with a lion’s cut greeted her cautiously.

“Hey buddy, how are you?” She stroked his furry mane and ran her fingers down his little shaven body. Mike crouched down and brought his hand to the cat's mouth, only to be shunned. Autumn smiled. “Don’t take it personally. It takes him a while to warm up to strangers.”

Mike smiled back then stood up and looked around. Out of the handful of years that he had known Autumn, he had never been in her apartment before. Somehow, it was exactly as he pictured. It was not a big place and there was a queen size bed in the center of the main room. To the right there was a blank canvas propped up on an easel, and behind that was a black leather sofa in front of a wall mounted flat screen TV. On the other side of the sofa there was a small desk with an open laptop computer.

“How long have you lived here?”

“Almost five years, ever since I graduated from college.”

“You work from home?”

She draped her purse over the side of a chair and turned towards him, her stylish heeled boots creaking the old oak flooring in the process. “Mmhmm.”

He took his jacket off and hung it on the coat rack against the wall near the front door. “You like that?”

“It’s a little stressful, but it’s been nice with the leg and everything, not having to commute.”

He followed her around the bed and through an open doorway where there was a small kitchen. Her place wasn’t exceedingly clean, but it wasn’t overly messy either. A candle sat on the table of a tiny breakfast nook, and more than a few dirty dishes were piled in the sink. “How have you been getting food and stuff? I’d think it would be hard to lug grocery bags all the way from QFC with your injury.”

“I manage,” she said blankly. “I usually get Amazon Fresh deliveries or take an Uber.”

“That’s good.”

She took an empty coffee mug from one of the cupboards, placed it on the table, then turned on the kitchen fan which was built into the ceiling. “What about you?”

Mike sat down in a chair next to the table. “What do I do for groceries?”

She shoved the kitchen window upward, then took out a silver cigarette case and opened it. “No, what are you doing for work these days?”

“I just finished a big video editing contract, but got hired at the Google Campus up in Fremont with a facilities company, JLL it’s called.”

She placed a cigarette between her lips and Mike lit it for her with his zippo. “Wow, that’s cool, I love Fremont.”

“I actually start on Monday. We’ll see how it goes I guess,” he said before lighting one himself. “So what are the best places to eat around here?”

Autumn leaned her butt against a small wooden ledge that was part of the wall that separated the kitchen from the rest of the apartment. She really did have an amazing body. Her thighs and hips were shapely and substantial; and while her waist was still small, there was a bit of a soft belly roll poking out just above the high waistband of her jeans causing her black top to ride up slightly toward her breasts.

“There’s a lot of good places to eat around here,” she said. “There’s ramen, Little Woody’s, Fogan Cocina across the street, tons of great Thai places as well.”

“I’ve been getting Hot Mama’s pizza sometimes, it’s not bad.”

“Yeah that place is good but I tend to gain weight if I eat that kind of stuff.”

Mike's heart skipped a beat after she said that. She said it almost as if she was unaware that she had already gained weight. Of course, to be fair, she had seen herself everyday for the past four years while he certainly had not. To Mike, her curvier, more voluptuous appearance was obvious, but perhaps in her mind she looked the same as she always did. She was a mystery to him and a bit of a walking contradiction. Just the fact that she smoked cigarettes seemed to go against her progressive, intelligent and adventurous personality; but it was something Mike always liked about her as it told him she wasn’t quite as rigid and stuck up as she sometimes appeared. He remembered when they went on a date a few years back. She made a big deal over the fact that she had skipped out on the gym in order to meet with him. She was pretty fit then, and while very cute and attractive, she wasn’t what he would call curvy, and she was never a girl with overly prominent T and A. Looking at her now it was evident, and with her injury understandably so, that she hadn’t set foot in a gym in quite some time and she had T and A in abundance.

Mike flicked ash into the coffee mug and gazed up at her slowly and lustfully. He cleared his throat. “You look great.”

“Thanks.” She took a short puff on her smoke and looked back at him. His tight shirt showed off his broad shoulders and lean muscular arms. His piercing blue eyes brooded at her so longingly that they nearly took her breath away. “You too.” There was a moment of silence that to her felt like an eternity. “Still have your motorcycle?”

“Yep, still got it,” he said proudly. “You don’t have a car right?”

“No. Like I said I take Uber, there’s no place to park around here anyway.”

“Right.” He flicked more ash into the mug.  “I uh…I know you probably got a few more hours of work but we’ll have to do this again sometime.”

She stood up straight as her eyes brightened. “Yeah, I’d like that.”

He took a final drag on his smoke then stabbed it out. He rose. “Alight, I should get going.”

“Okay,” she said.

He took a step forward and they gazed at each other face to face. She was so young and ripe for the taking. Her lips were full and plump and looked so delicious Mike could hardly stand it. He thought about grabbing her and kissing her right then and there but his nerves held him back. “Call or text anytime, you know I’ll always be close by.”

She smiled in her understated way. “Yeah I know where you live.”

He walked over to the front door, unhooked his jacket and put it on. “See you later Autumn.”

“Bye Mike.”

• 2 months later...

Chapter 3

The attraction between Mike and Autumn was strong and magnetic, but there was also a sense of fear that kept them wary. Mike still had his ex fresh in his mind and her memory weighed on his conscience. He had already gotten what he wanted in some ways. He had proven to himself that Autumn was available and interested, but when it came to moving forward, he felt somehow scared and blocked, as he knew the great responsibility that comes with love and a relationship. It was easier for him to dream about her at night and picture her magnificent body naked from the comfort of his solitude than to actually make it a reality.

Autumn was wary because she had been burned and lied to by men in the past. She was a hopeless romantic, too pretty for her own good and deep down, she was lonely. She liked Mike but she wasn’t entirely sure if she could trust his intentions. He was so good looking that she found herself questioning whether or not he was a player, or if he was capable of being a one woman man. 

They did not see each other the following day, nor did they call or text. It wasn’t until a few days later that Mike received a message from her, asking if she could come over. He jolted to attention and quickly cleaned up and organized his tiny, sparsely furnished apartment before trudging down the stairs. He opened the door to his building and she was standing there on the moonlit steps. He could tell instantly that she had been crying.

“Hey. Are you okay?”

She looked at him wide eyed and with a serious expression on her face. “Can I come in?” 

“Umm, yeah of course.” He opened the door wider then stopped. “Do you want to have a cigarette first?” 

“No, I’ve been chain smoking all afternoon, I really need to quit.” 

“Okay.” He nodded and she stepped inside. She was dressed in black yoga pants and a matching zip up jacket that looked like it was purchased 15 pounds ago. “There’s stairs, are you going to be able to…” 

“I can manage.” 

There were two flights of stairs to get to Mike’s second floor apartment and Autumn went up the steps one by one, slowly and carefully. By the time she reached the top he noticed that she was slightly winded from the excursion.

“Is that hard?” 

“It’s (pant) not too bad.”

He opened his door and they went in. “Sit down, get off your feet and make yourself at home.”

She collapsed on his small Ikea sofa and looked up at him with sorrow.  

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s my Dad,” she said. “He’s been having heart problems and I just found out he’s in the hospital.” 

He sat down in a chair directly across from her. “Oh, I’m sorry.” 

She scrunched her nose and sniffled, then wiped some of the smudged makeup from her eyes with a tissue that she took from her purse. “I’m just scared.” 

“He’s down in Oregon?” 

“Yeah, I wish I could be there. I’m just having trouble picturing him…that way, you know?”

Mike nodded with an understanding that she found comforting. “Yeah. My dad had a heart attack a few years back. Had to have open heart surgery.” 

“Really?” She scooted herself forward a little, unzipped her jacket and took it off. Beneath, she wore a black spaghetti strap top that also seemed to be a bit too small. “Is he okay now?” 

“Oh yeah, he’s good, better than he was before.” He stroked his chin and gazed at her. Even in her distressed state she looked amazing. Her breasts had certainly grown over the past few years and the tightness of her shirt squeezed against the softness of her sides, causing little rolls of fat to form just above her armpits. “It’s hard seeing your parents get older.”

“Yeah I’m not used to it. I don’t think I’m ready for it.” 

Mike was having trouble keeping his eyes from drawing down to her legs. Her thighs were so much thicker and shapelier than his ex’s, and found them to be wildly and refreshingly attractive. “It’ll be okay.”

“Thanks,” she said softly. “Sorry to come over like this, I’m a bit of a mess.” 

“It’s okay, I’m glad you came.” He was getting the feeling that the health problems of her dad were a little less serious than she was making them out to be and perhaps her show of affliction was more of a test, or just an excuse to see him. Not that he thought she wasn’t being truthful, it was just that the vibes she was sending him seemed a little more flirtatious than sorrowful. 

“I guess I just needed to talk about it with someone,” she said.

“I’m glad you chose me.” 

“Me too. It’s weird seeing your parents get older.” 

“Yeah, it’s hard.” He stood up. “Um, can I get you anything?” 

“No, just...” She closed her eyes as if she was on the brink of tears.

Mike stepped forward and sat down beside her on the couch. “It’s okay, come here.”

He put his arm around her shoulder, pulled her close and she nestled her head against his chest. The comfort of his embrace felt so natural and loving that she thought she could dissolve in his arms if she let herself. She slowly lifted her head up and stared directly into his eyes with her nose just inches away from his. 

Mike’s heart rate accelerated. He didn’t hesitate a moment longer. He did what he had always wanted, yet failed to do since he met her. He leaned in and kissed her full lips, softly, gently and passionately. 

It was like a huge weight was instantly lifted from their shoulders as she melted into him and kissed him back. His hand shifted from her shoulder down to her waist and he pulled her tight to his body. She felt heavier than he expected, but she felt wonderful. 

“I just wish everything wasn’t so hard,” she cooed after their lips parted. “Work, family, love…it just…” She hesitated for a moment, turned away, then looked at him with a hint of a smile. “It makes me wish I could just be a housecat.”

“A housecat?”

“Well…yeah.” 

“You mean like, never have to worry about anything, not have to work, just lay around and sleep and have someone else feed you?”

She sniffled again, then let out a cute giggle in spite of herself. “Sounds pretty great right?” 

“It does actually.” 

She looked down for a moment, suddenly feeling silly for breaking down and expressing her vulnerabilities like that. “I’m sorry, I’m okay really.”

He placed his hand on her knee. “You got nothing to be sorry about.”

“Thanks.”

They talked for a while longer until there was a moment of awkward silence, as neither of them were quite certain of what to do next. “I know it’s a long way down those stairs, but are you ready for a cigarette now?” 

She let out a breathy sigh and looked at him lovingly. “Sure.”

Mike sprang to his feet and helped her up with both hands.  

He lingered behind as she went down the stairs. She really did have quite a spectacular ass. It was big, as round as it was wide and it jiggled and bounced with every sexy feminie move she made. He had noticed that she left her jacket back up on his couch, but he didn’t say anything as the way she looked from the back in those tights and that revealing top was almost too good to be real. Her body was incredible, and if she had left her jacket off on purpose, he couldn’t blame her for wanting to show off. She wasn’t fat and he wouldn’t even call her chubby, but she certainly had an abundance of curves in all the places that made Mike’s head spin and his stomach flutter. 

Once outside she took a cigarette out of her purse and he lit it for her. He then lit his own and gracefully hoisted himself up onto the concrete ledge that separated the sidewalk from a little garden strip of the apartment building across the street. He watched as she attempted to do the same. 

With her hands on the top of the ledge she tried to lift herself into a sitting position. She kicked her boots against the short wall just inches above the ground as she struggled to get up next to him. She failed and lowered back to the ground with a gasp. 

“Oh God, (huff) you made that look (pant) so easy.” 

He reached out his hand. “Here I’ll hold that for you.” 

She gave him her cigarette and tried again. “Come (gasp) on.” Her little heeled boots came back down to the sidewalk as her second try resulted in the same way as the first. She was a little out of breath, and looked frustrated and confused. “Shit, (huff) what the hell!” 

It was clear, and also incredibly hot for Mike to see Autumn coming to the realization that she was no longer quite as light and athletic as she once was. No doubt that once her ankle was healed completely she’d be anxious to get back in the gym so she could shed the extra 15 or so pounds she’d gained over the past several months. 

He jumped down. “Let me help you.” He placed the cigarettes carefully behind his ears, bent over then cradled his hands together and she stepped on his open palms and finally climbed up. 

“Fewww! God I’m so…”

He jumped back up next to her and gave her back her smoke. “You’re so what?” 

“Nothing.” She looked at him and sighed. “Thanks for your help.”

“My pleasure.” 

She smiled then took a short drag and blew smoke into the clear night sky.  “I’m glad you moved here.”

“Me too.” It was a little chilly. He took off his coat and draped it over her exposed shoulders.

AUTUMN 12.png

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 4 

Autumn slept at Mike’s place that night, but they did not make love. They just laid in bed spooning and she fell asleep in his arms. Mike loved the way she felt sleeping next to him. The way her ass dominated his pelvis and filled up his crotch, the way her waist was soft and supple against his hands, and the way she somehow smelled like a delicious combination of cake and flowers.

He went to work the next day with a newfound happiness and purpose that he wouldn’t trade for anything in the world and as soon as he was off he wanted to see her again. She said she was at Little Woody’s, the burger ** that was only about a block away from where they lived. He found it interesting that she went ahead and got dinner on her own, and he liked it. Autumn was always that way. Independent, self-sufficient, she didn’t need to wait for anyone. If she wanted to do something, she would do it. 

Mike walked into the small casual restaurant and found her sitting at a table by herself, with a half-eaten cheeseburger and a little carton of fries in front of her. He greeted her and ordered something for himself, but she ended up polishing off all her food before he was even a few bites into his burger. 

She was wearing blue jeans and her thighs spread themselves out wide and full in her seat. They were thick and substantial and along with her hips they made her waist look quite narrow, especially with the way she was perched so proactively on that chair. She had a style that Mike was loving more and more. Everything about her from the way she dressed, to the cool, sexy and unapologetic way she spoke, to the way that she ate.

Mike’s ex would never eat a huge greasy burger on her own like that, and even if she did she would never finish the whole thing. Autumn on the other hand seemed to just eat because she wanted to, and never once did she appear self-conscious about it.

They strolled back to her place afterwards as rain began to trickle down from the darkening sky. Once inside her apartment Autumn turned her kitchen fan on, took out a cigarette from her fancy little case and lit up. Mike lit one too.

“I think it might be time to do these dishes,” he said, gesturing toward her sink.

Her eyelashes fluttered as she stared at him expressionless. “Don’t worry about it, I’ll do them eventually.”

“No way, I would love to do them for you and keep you off your feet.”

She rolled her eyes. “I’m not helpless you know.” 

“I know, but I’m still going to do them.” 

She took another puff on her cigarette, then coughed a few times. “God I really need to quit smoking.”

Mike leaned forward in his seat. “Why?”

“Are you serious?” She raised an eyebrow. “It’s so bad for you.” 

“It’s just a simple pleasure.” 

She scoffed. “That’s one way of putting it. More like a compulsive addition that turns your lungs black and gives you cancer.” 

He smirked. “Cigarettes are old fashioned and romantic.” 

“Right, if that’s what you gotta say to make yourself feel better.” 

After they were done smoking, Autumn went to lay down in bed and watch TV. Mike, being true to his word, did her dishes and cleaned up her kitchen, even disposing of the cigarette butts and taking out the trash. When he was finished he laid next to her. 

“We should get something for dessert,” he said.

She was lying on her side with her head on one of her many pillows. “Dessert?”

“Yeah is there anything fun around here?”

She propped her hand against her temple and sat up a little. “I usually try to stay away from sugar, especially at night.”

Mike stared at her with a yearning that was palpable. She looked like a beauty queen posing for a photo, with her torso slightly bent and her ass sticking out behind her. “I’m still a little hungry, I should go grab something,” he said. “When you do eat sugar what do you get?” 

She gazed at him lazily. “There’s Cupcake Royale.” 

“Where is that?”

She yawned cutely. “I think it’s on like…10th and Pike I wanna say.” 

“What’s your favorite cupcake?”

“I'll go with you.”

“You sure you’re up for walking that far?”

“It’s not that far,” she said. “Besides, it will be good for me.” 

“Are you doing physical therapy or anything?”

“I was, but not anymore.” She curled her feet beneath her thighs and sat up. “I’m on my own now.” 

Mike rolled over to her side of the bed and gently took her hand. “Okay, let’s go, sounds like it stopped raining.” 

Having Autumn walk with him was not what he had in mind, as he would have happily ran there and back just to let her relax, but she seemed insistent. When they reached the place Mike noticed the store’s slogan: ‘Cupcake Royale. Does a booty good.’ He couldn’t help but wonder if this cupcake bakery was part of what contributed to the growth of Autumn’s rear end, but he kept that thought to himself. She liked chocolate and he bought her a cherry chocolate cheesecake and a salted caramel. He got a donut for himself and took it all to go. They walked slowly back to her place, and when a homeless man bombarded them from a darkened alley, her hand slipped into his.

She made him a cup of tea and they ate and talked and smoked in the kitchen. They couldn’t keep their eyes off each other and before too long they found themselves back in bed laying next to one another.

“Mmmm, come here,” she cooed. She lazily ran her fingers up his arm and underneath his shirt. “Do you work out?”

“Sometimes, a little bit.” 

“You have a nice body.”

“Thanks, so do you.” 

She rolled onto her back, her head elevated by two pillows. She sighed as if she needed to get something off her mind. “Tabitha, one of my best friends, always wants me to go to the gym with her. She’s got like, basically a six pack, and super toned arms and everything, I’m just like, yeah…no, that’s just not really my body type anymore.” 

Mike scooted himself closer, finding it fascinating that she felt the need to tell him that. “I love your body type.” 

She ran her hand over his chest. “Well that’s good.” 

He pressed himself against her and gently caressed her thigh. “I am obsessed with your body.” 

“I’m glad.”

He unbuttoned her jeans, crawled on top and lovingly kissed her belly. She had a mostly flat stomach but it was also soft and slightly pudgy, especially in the area around her deep-set belly button. He kissed her lips and began fondling her waist with his hands, slowly working his way up towards her breasts.    

She stopped him. “Do you want to…” 

“I don’t have any condoms.” He tilted his head and kissed her neck, just below her ear. He looked back up into her eyes. “Should I go get some?”

“It’s up to you.” 

“Umm, okay so…” He gazed at her with a longing that seemed to burn and throb through his entire body. She felt so soft and looked so voluptuous with her jeans undone and her blossoming breasts pushing against her low cut v-neck shirt. “I’ll just go do that.” 

Her brown eyes glowed. “I’ll be waiting.”

He sprang out of her apartment like a rocket, ran over to the corner mini mart and was back in no time. He kicked off his shoes and pounced back on top of her, picking up right where he left off. He kissed her lips, her neck, her chest, her breasts, and began peeling off her jeans, which turned out to be tighter around her thighs than he realized. 

She sat up and took her top off with her legs hanging over the side of the bed and her back facing him. He was completely inthralled by her raw natural beauty. Her hips looked so wide and feminie and her weighty ass sank deliciously into the push mattress. She was wearing a black thong and she had small and cute little love handles that poured slightly over the sides of the fabric. He leaned forward and unsnapped her bra. She gasped with delight and turned around with her boobs hanging free. She flopped them in his face and savored the feeling of his stubble rubbing gently between them. He stripped himself of his clothes then let her crawl back on top. He grabbed her ass with both hands, shook and jiggled it. It felt so big and moved and wobbled as if it was somehow separate from the rest of her body. 

He had never been with a woman this curvy before and his hands could not keep up with the nagging lust that had taken over his mind. He slipped off her skimpy panties, tossed them on the floor, pushed her off and kneeled erect on the mattress. He straddled her with his thighs on either side of the narrowest part of her body, her waist. He took the condom, opened it, then handed it to her with his raging boner on display. She slowly unrolled it onto his rock hard and magnificent penis, her pussy getting soaking wet in the process.

“I want you,” she said. “I want you inside of me.” 

Mike collapsed himself back on top of the warm softness of her body. He smelled her sweet perfume and kissed her neck again. For a short moment his nerves overtook him. He was falling in love with this woman. In the past his attraction to Autumn was merely physical. It was only her bossy personality and arrogant know-it-all attitude that caused him to keep his distance. Now he didn’t give a shit. He wanted her and he wanted her more than anything, and not just for one night. 

He wanted to please her and his nerves only came from the fear of not giving her the most amazing sex of her life. He blocked those feelings aside and let his unrelenting carnal desire take over. All it took was one more look into her seductive dark eyes and sensuous full lips. He squeezed her with his strong masculine hands and he slipped inside. She moaned and gasped as he thrust rhythmically back and forth. He grabbed her ass and went in deeper and harder until her moans and gasps turned to squeals and screams. He waited patiently for her orgasm, before he finally unloaded himself. 

They smoked a few cigarettes in the kitchen with the afterglow shining from their eyes. She was naked and her body looked flawless and perfect. It occurred to Mike that he had never seen a woman so voluptuous in the bare before, and watching Autumn moving around with her soft wide hips, big ass and full breasts, only served to reinforce what he’d been missing out on his entire life. They crawled back in bed together and he noticed that she had a bit of a lingering cough.

He kissed the bare skin of her upper arm. “You alright?”

“Yeah I’m fine,” she said defensively. “I cough sometimes when I’m sleepy, don’t worry about it. My blood sugar feels a little low though.”

Mike didn’t hesitate to get up and grab the salted caramel cupcake he had bought for her earlier. “Here you go.”

“Oh god, that’s not exactly what I meant.”

“Do you want me to get you something else?”

“No, this actually looks pretty good right about now.” She took it out of the small box and sheepishly licked some frosting off the top. She turned to him like she was looking for approval. “Sorry. I eat in bed sometimes, it helps me sleep.”

“I don’t mind at all, I do the same thing.” He rested his head against her shoulder and lightly caressed her breasts. “Sleep is important and you gotta wake up pretty early right?”

She took a bite of her cupcake, this time more unapologetically. “I do (chew) tomorrow, I need to get up for east coast time.” 

“We better get some rest then.” 

She finished chewing. “Can you do me a favor?”

“Sure.” 

“Can you go to the fridge and grab me one of those orange sleep drinks?”

Mike sat up. “Neuro sleep drinks?”

“Yeah, how’d you know?” 

He got up and headed toward the kitchen. “I drink those too, thought I was the only one.”

“Guess we have a few things in common.” 

“Guess so.”

He brought her the drink and held her as she ate the rest of her dessert. He let her fall asleep in his arms before he drifted off himself. 

They were together nearly every day during the following couple months. Mike would wake up early, and, rain or shine, ride his motorcycle to work, then head back to her place almost every evening. She liked having him around. He cleaned, he did the dishes, did laundry, and happily went on grocery runs for her whenever she needed anything. He even cooked for her, although most of the time they would order takeout, which Mike would usually go get himself to avoid delivery and doordash expenses. He had known Autumn to be a bit of a foodie. Perhaps the reason she was always so dedicated to the gym was because it allowed her to eat what she wanted while still maintaining a svelte size 6 figure. With her injury however, working out the way she used to was out of the question, which was why she had graduated to a size 10 by the time Mike came back into her life. Now that they had begun a relationship, and had been together for two months, even her size 10’s were feeling snug.

“Have you been washing my clothes on hot?”

Mike put his phone in his pocket and turned her way. She was standing next to the bed struggling to fasten the top button of her jeans, the same ones she wore on their first coffee date. “Umm, I don’t think so, I usually just do the normal cycle. Why?”

“Because these pants (gasp) used to fit.”

He stepped forward and inspected her. The short sleeves of one of her favorite black shirts looked even shorter as the plushness of her upper arms seemed to be pushing them further towards her shoulders. Her jeans looked painted on, and the seams of the denim were pulled tight over her long legs, especially in the hip and thigh areas.  “Did they shrink?”

She faced him and showed how she could no longer close the gap of the fly over her softening midsection. “I don’t know, you tell me.”

Mike shrugged, acting clueless. “I’m sorry, I don’t think I did anything. I usually just throw stuff in the washer and press start.” 

She glared at him like he was stupid, then sighed. “It’s okay, I probably just need to get back in the gym.”

“You think your leg is ready for that?” 

“Yeah my leg is basically healed, I just need to ease myself back into a routine at some point.” She tried to button her jeans one more time but failed miserably. “Okay these pants are not happening today.” 

“What’s wrong with that dress you had on earlier?”

Autumn had been taking to wearing dresses most of the time during the work week because they were stretchy and comfortable while still being presentable enough for video calls. 

“Did you like it?” 

Mike’s eyes widened playfully. “Did I like it? You looked incredible in it.”

“Really? I thought it was a little revealing.” She gave him a little smirk as she started to peel her jeans down towards her thighs. “But then, I guess that’s why you like it.”

He glanced at his phone again. “Well put something on, Uber will be here in 20 minutes.”

“You know we could just walk.” 

“In heels?” 

“Okay, good point.” She sat down on the edge of the bed and continued to undress. “Just give me a sec.” 

Mike went outside for a smoke to let her get ready in private and when he came back his jaw nearly hit the floor. 

“Jesus Christ, you look amazing.”

“It’s not too tight right?” 

“Does it feel too tight?”

“I mean it’s stretchy but….” She tugged on the straps of her dress and gave him a little spin. “It’s not like it’s leaving much to the imagination.”

That was an understatement. It was a knee length body-con little black number that clung snugly to every alluring curve of her womanly figure. Mike was surprised. Although he had been with her nearly everyday, or maybe because of that, he hadn’t quite realized that her body had changed since they started dating. 

She looked bigger, and it wasn’t his imagination. It made perfect sense. Her lifestyle consisted mainly of sitting in front of her laptop, whether it be in bed or at her desk. As far as Mike could tell she got almost zero physical activity throughout her work weeks, especially since he had entered the picture and started doing her chores and errands.  

She hadn’t stepped on the scale since her last doctor visit, but if she were to weigh herself now she would’ve found that she was 168 pounds. Her thighs were thick and untoned, her cute feminie knees were less defined and slightly dimpled. Her breasts were larger and her bras were tighter. It was her rear end however, that Mike could not pry his eyes away from. She had great genetics, perfect bone structure and was very well proportioned; but it was clear that most of her weight was continuing to settle in her hips and butt. Mike had never before seen her ass look so big, so round, or so spellbinding. 

He was speechless for a moment and blinked his eyes a few times to bring himself back from his lust fueled stupor. “Just, um, throw a jacket on or something.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah I’m sure.” He drew closer and took in the dazzling sight that she was one more time. She was such a hottie and such a knock-out, and even though he could see the outline of a softer waist and a deeper-set belly button through the thin fabric of her dress, he wouldn’t change anything about her. She was absolutely perfect, and suddenly the idea of her wanting to get back in the gym saddened him. He gave her a quick peck on the cheek so he wouldn’t smear her lipstick and his hand drew to her hips as if beyond his control.  “I mean I can’t wait to strip it off you later tonight, but I’m sure.”

“Uh, whatever.” She pushed him away playfully as her phone buzzed. She looked at it quickly. “You're in for the softball game tomorrow right?”

“Yep, I’ll be there. You gonna play?”

“I don’t know. I don’t think it would be smart for me to test my leg like that just yet, but I want to see you play.” She took her white bomber jacket off the coat rack. Mike noticed there was a little more jiggling happening when she moved than there used to be. 

“Alright, let’s go,” she said. “I’m starving.” 

He smiled, gazing at her deepening cleavage and then into her eyes. “Me too.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chapter 5

Mike was in his own apartment fingering his guitar when he glanced at his phone and realized he was almost late for the softball game. He threw on some hiking boots and a sweatshirt, grabbed his glove and headed out the door. 

The game was at a city park only about 4 blocks away, but running short on time, and perhaps wanting to make more of a dramatic introduction to Autumn’s friends, he took the motorcycle. 

He parked between some cars on the side of the street and hopped off. A few heads turned beyond the chain link fence and Mike scanned the faces until he saw Autumn, sitting next to someone in the dugout. It was late July and the day could not have been more beautiful. The whole city seemed to be out and about. Couples were having picnics, moms were pushing strollers, and a few homeless men were sitting in the park bleachers, passing a bottle around, hoping to catch a glimpse of some eye candy, as well as a softball game. Walking toward the field Mike saw a few people playing catch just beyond the first base line. He entered through a gap in the fence. He had arrived just in time. 

Autumn turned and leaned forward in her seat. She was dressed in capri style blue jeans, white Chuck Taylor hightops, a t-shirt with three quarter length sleeves and a Seattle Mariners baseball cap. Mike was surprised about the jeans because he didn’t think she had any left that still fit, but apparently he was wrong, well, sort of. “Hey look who it is,” she said. “Thought you were going to flake out on us.” 

Mike smiled and shrugged. “Sorry, I lost track of time.”

Autumn shifted her hips around on the bench and gestured to the guy sitting next to her. “Okay, just a few quick introductions. This is Corey, one of my best friends.”

Mike stepped forward and looked down. The guy was in his mid to late twenties, right around his age if not younger. He had a slim build, and a dark beard shaved clean at the neck. They shook hands. “Hi Corey, I’m Mike.” 

Corey smirked arrogantly. “Nice to meet you.”

“And this is Sydney,” Autumn said. “Mike Sydney, Sydney Mike.”

Sydney smiled, her eyes beaming with kindness. She was about the same height as Autumn but she was round and chubby and looked to outweigh her by a good 50 pounds. “Nice to meet you,” she said.

Autumn, still seated, continued as another friend entered the dugout. “And, there’s Tabitha.”

Tabitha stepped forward and adjusted her flowery trucker hat. “Hi you must be Mike, I’ve heard about you. Good we can finally meet.” 

Mike remembered Autumn mentioning Tabitha before. She was the gym girl with the abs and she certainly looked the part, wearing high waisted leggings and a loose top that flattered her well-defined arms and tiny waist. She was very attractive, but when compared to Autumn she looked quite plain. “Yeah likewise,” Mike said.  

An umpire in a baby blue shirt, which he wore over his chest pads, called out from home plate. “Visiting team ready?”

Autumn stood. “Yep, we’re ready.”

Mike watched his girlfriend with extreme pride and admiration. Damn she looked good in jeans; and nobody could pull off that cute and sporty baseball-cap-look the way she could.  

“Okay, let’s play ball!” the umpire said. 

The game went on as expected. No one was very good but some were more competitive than others. When it was Mike’s turn to bat, he felt the need to show off his skills and do something impressive.

“So are you serious about this guy?” Tabitha said. She was sitting next to Autumn on the bench, watching as Mike stepped into the batter’s box.  

Autumn shrugged. “I don’t know, maybe.”

“He’s super cute.” Tabitha gazed over her shoulder at the street behind them. “Cool motorcycle too.” 

Autumn rolled her eyes. “Let’s see if he can hit.” 

The pitcher delivered the ball with a slow underhand lob. Mike geared up, swung with all his might, but struck nothing but air. 

Tabitha smirked. “Oohh, strike one. Literally.”

Mike gritted his teeth, embarrassed. Even Corey had been able to put the ball in play, and Mike refused to be shown up by the likes of him. Whether he was really one of Autumn’s best friends or not, Mike didn’t like the way Corey had been eying her, and it caused a sense of jealousy to rise up within him. 

He kicked his shoes into the dirt and tightened his grip on the wooden handle. Unlike most of the people there, Mike played ball in high school, and he was good, at least he used to be. Although, hitting a 40 mile per hour softball was a lot different than hitting a 90 mile an hour baseball.

The pitch came in and Mike drew his elbows back, shifted his weight to his right foot, and swung again. This time he made solid contact right on the sweet spot and the ball jumped off his bat like a rocket. It sailed high in the air and it landed on a Honey Bucket just beyond the boundary of the field, a home run. 

Tabitha rose to her feet. “Woah, nice!” She turned to Autumn. “Okay, maybe I approve of this guy.”

Autumn stood as well, but maintained that haughty look of indifference on her face, a look that she seemed to keep as the game went on.  

In the 4th inning, a guy on the team had to take off early, leaving them a player short, and Autumn volunteered to take his place.

“You sure you gonna be okay?” Mike said. 

Autumn rolled her eyes. “Yeah, I can at least stand in the outfield.” 

Mike smirked. “Okay, just take it easy, watch out for sprinklers and stuff.”

In the top of the 6th, Tabitha hit a ground ball up the middle and ran gracefully to first base. She was quick, agile and moved like a gazelle. Next it was Autumn’s turn. Although she was right handed, she batted from the left side and Mike had a clear view of her backside as she stepped to the plate.

With a slight bend to her knees she reached back her arms and awaited the pitch. Mike clasped the chain link fence with both hands and watched her closely. Goddamn she was a sight. Her hips and thighs filled out those jeans marvelously and Mike had never seen her ass look so good. Was it really that big or was it something about those jeans? He was utterly enthralled by her. The whole concept that a hot girl could actually gain weight like that was new to him, and he found it fascinating. Autumn was just so much of a good thing, it didn’t seem fair to other girls. 

After letting the first ball go by, Autumn swung at the second and hit a dribbling grounder down the third base line. She dropped the bat and ran towards first as the pitcher cut off the ball. 

Watching Autumn run was something of a spectacle all to itself. To put it mildly, she ran like a girl. Her wide hips and bottom heavy figure jiggled and gyrated in a hypnotizing fashion, and despite the way she frantically swung her arms, it appeared she was moving in slow motion, as if her body could not keep up with her mind’s expectations. 

The throw to first was high and floated clear over the fielder's head, hitting the fence behind him, allowing Autumn to trot into first safely. Corey was up next and was somehow hit by a pitch which loaded the bases for Mike. 

Mike belted a line drive that was hit so hard it bounced off the wall in right center. Tabitha scored, Autumn rounded third and she scored and so did Corey. Mike flew around the bases with speed that was far superior than anyone else at the game, and with a wild throw to the plate, he scored as well. It was a base clearing, inside the park grand slam and the team cheered like it was the world series. 

After a few high fives, Mike entered the dugout and found Autumn sitting back down on the pale aluminum bench, trying to catch her breath. Tabitha sat to her right and Sydney sat to her left. 

Tabitha raised a fist in the air. “Way to crush it slugger!” 

“Thanks,” Mike said bashfully. He turned to Autumn. “How’s your leg holding up?” 

She fanned herself with her hand. “It’s fine, I’m just (pant) not used to running like that.”

“Don’t push it too hard, be careful,” Mike said.

Autumn rolled her eyes. “Noted.”

Tabitha grabbed her phone and started taking selfies. Mike observed the girls as he paced around in the dugout. He knew that all three of them were more or less the same height, but the shapes of their bodies were vastly different. Autumn’s hips spread out significantly wider than Tabitha’s, and they were actually almost as wide as Sydney’s, despite Sydney outweighing Autumn by quite a lot. Mike also noticed that Autumn sat higher than Tabitha, solely due to the fact that she carried so much more weight in her thighs and butt. Autumn was the prettiest one too, on either of the teams by far, and Mike found it refreshing that the prettiest one was also the curviest, and he felt incredibly lucky that she was his.

They all socialized after the game albeit briefly, while some other teammates loaded up the equipment, before going their separate ways. 

“That was fun,” Mike said, turning toward Autumn as they made their way to the street.

“Yeah, you’re pretty good there with your home runs and everything.”

“Chicks dig the long ball right?”

Autumn glared at him. “Chicks?” 

Mike swallowed nervously. “Sorry…umm, women appreciate the, long ball.” 

She punched his arm playfully. “Okay stop it.”

He smiled. “You’re not bad yourself.” 

“Ooooh, I don’t know,” she said with a sigh. “I was in much better shape the last time I played.”

He put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close as they continued to walk. “You did great. You probably just haven't built back all your leg strength quite yet.”

“Yeah, I guess so.” 

They stopped in front of Mike’s motorcycle and Autumn fiddled with her purse. 

“Are you hungry?” Mike said. 

Autumn lit a cigarette. “Yeah, I could eat.” 

Mike opened up the back storage container of his bike and put his glove inside. “Let’s get out of this place, go somewhere fun.” 

She took a short puff from her smoke. “What, like take an Uber?”

“No way, we’ll take the bike.” He smiled, placed her glove next to his, then pulled out a black, faceless half-helmet. “Still got an extra one.”

She bit her lower lip and gave him a look that just about made his heart melt. “Okay.”

He let her finish her cigarette, then mounted his bike and she climbed on behind him. His motorcycle was an Aprilia 850, and though it was a sportbike, it had room for two and a decent backrest attached to the storage case. 

He had given her a ride on the same bike before, but that was a few years ago. Now, the suspension sagged beneath her weight, and the bike felt heavy in a way Mike wasn’t used to, but he relished in the sensation of her body clasping snuggly behind him. Her breasts pressed against his back, her thighs straddled his narrow hips and the feeling of her closeness sent a wonderful shiver up his spine. 

He fired up the engine. “Okay, just don’t fall off.”

“Okay!” 

She leaned forward and wrapped her arms around his waist as they rode away. With it being such a nice summer day, he took her on the most scenic route he could think of. They went through the highrises and skyscrapers of downtown, then across the West Seattle bridge all the way to Alki Beach. He parked in front of Duke’s seafood restaurant and they got off. 

“This okay?” he said. 

She unbuckled her helmet and brushed back her hair. “Yeah, looks good to me.” 

Mike put his name in at the restaurant but it was busy and there was a 20 minute wait time. They went out and sat on a bench that overlooked Puget Sound and smoked cigarettes as they waited. Ferries gilded slowly along the water and people on the beach began staking out campfire spots. It was a warm evening, but that didn’t stop Mike from holding Autumn tight and close to his body. The sun calmly sank just above the Olympic Mountain range in the west and highlighted the city’s skyline to the east while wandering wisps of a breeze stirred romance in the air. 

Autumn tilted her head up from Mike’s shoulder. “Still nothing?”

He glanced at his phone. “Not yet.”

She stood up and put out her cigarette. “I’m just gonna go check.”

Mike watched as she went so confidently toward the restaurant just on the other side of the paved bicycle path. He loved the way she walked. Shoulders back, head high, with a little wiggle in her hips as she so elegantly and dramatically did something as simple and mundane as place one foot in front of the other. Even in her jeans and baseball cap, she had a way of standing out in a crowd, and the heads of strangers turned as if the spell of passing beauty was too strong to ignore. Just moments after entering the restaurant, she came back out and waved at Mike to come in.

He sprang up and scurried toward her.

“Is it ready already?” he said, surprised.

“Yeah, come on.”  

“How’d you get a table so fast?” 

The corners of her lips turned upward seductively. “I have my ways.”

“Right.” He knew exactly what she meant. He had forgotten that doors open up a little quicker and tables become miraculously available when in the presence of a gorgeous woman. 

She ordered fish tacos and clam chowder with a glass of New Zealand sauvignon blanc, and Mike got the fish and chips and a cup of coffee. He watched as she so expertly crushed oyster crackers into her bowl and listened to the way she analyzed and judged her tacos like a professional critic. Despite her denunciations, she was hungry and finished off her entire meal well before he did.

“I hate it when I eat everything and the other person still has lots of food on their plate,” she said. “I need to get better at slowing down and savoring each bite.”

“You can have some of my fries if you want.” 

She smiled. “No, that’s my problem. Everything tastes so good I want it all at once and I end up eating too much.”

Mike set his coffee down. “I like that you’re not afraid to eat.”

As he finished speaking, a grossly overweight woman squeezed her massive body directly behind his chair, then carefully navigated herself toward her table in front of him. Autumn couldn’t help but notice the way his gaze drew toward the woman’s massive hips and billowing breasts.

Autumn locked eyes with Mike, then gestured toward the woman. She leaned forward and lowered her voice to a whisper. “Can you imagine being that big?”

Mike was taken aback, as he knew she had caught his wandering eye in mid wander and he was anticipating a scolding. He was unsure how to respond. “Um, no, but I’m not a woman.”

Autumn took a few fries from his plate. “I mean like (munch, chew) what do you see when you see someone like that?” 

Mike looked at her curiously. “I see a woman, who clearly enjoys food.” 

Autumn smiled, much to Mike’s surprise. “Yeah, me too.” She leaned in closer, still whispering. “I know it sounds terrible, but when I see someone who’s really hugely fat like that, I don’t think…like, oh, that’s too bad...” She bit her lower lip as if deep in thought before she continued. “I think more like, how…delicious, it must have been, to get there.”

Mike’s face erupted in an ear to ear grin, as the words she was saying conjured up a million thoughts in his brain. “I like the way you think.”

She shrugged sheepishly before stealing a few more fries. “I don’t know, (chew, munch) food is definitely my biggest weakness. I eat when I’m depressed, I eat when I’m happy, I eat when I’m bored.”

Mike chuckled. “That’s better than being the type of person that’s always on a diet, treating their body like it’s some sort of enemy.”

“I guess so.” She took a sip of her wine. “You don’t mind that I drink, do you?”

He shook his head. “Not at all. Just because I don’t drink anymore doesn't mean I can’t enjoy it through you.” 

He stared into her eyes. Her hat was off and her beautifully layered hair was tied back in a messy ponytail that was somehow both chic and wildly sexy. If his relationship with Autumn was budding before, now it was blooming and becoming solidified. He met her friends, she had ridden on the back of his motorcycle, and he had yet to find anything about her that he didn’t like. He never met a woman who could be so casual and unassuming, yet so severely fememine and elegant at the same time.  He had a feeling that the face staring back at him was a face that he’d be seeing again and again, for a long time.

Autumn ended up finishing the rest of Mike’s fries and after he got the check, they rode back to her place in the magic hour of the setting sun. 

They were almost always together as the summer unfolded, and spent a lot of time outside, taking advantage of the long days and perfect weather. With her injury healed, she tried to make a conscious effort to get more physically active, and at least get her body back to a place where she could fit into her jeans comfortably. Mike rented a canoe a few times and they had fun paddling around Lake Washington, and they even went on a couple of short hikes in the Cascade mountains. She also participated more in the softball games and by the time August ended, she was able to button her pants with ease and had gotten her weight back down below 160 pounds without having to sacrifice dinners out, or any of her favorite foods.

However, all good things must come to an end and so too did the weather as August became September and September became October. The morning air turned crisp, and the melancholy of the fall season harmonized life with nature like a second spring where every leaf becomes a flower. The sunny Saturday motorcycle rides and the warm evening walks were replaced with pumpkin spice lattes and movie nights on the sofa with soul warming comfort foods, and Mike got the feeling that Autumn’s days of being able to squeeze her hips into her size 10 jeans without difficulty, might be short lived. 

https://www.**.com/Jolenedubois

AUTUMN 49 (1).png

• 4 weeks later...

Chapter 6

Autumn awoke to the sound of her alarm blaring on the nightstand. She rolled over wearily and turned it off. She wanted more than anything to stay in bed and go back to sleep as waking up early seemed to be getting more difficult as of late. The door to her apartment opened, and she could see Mike’s silhouette in the darkened entryway. He turned on the bathroom light then walked her way.

“Here you go babe,” he whispered, placing her latte and hot breakfast sandwich on the table next to bed. He leaned in and softly kissed her cheek. “Just one more day to go.”

She sat up a little, stretched her arms and yawned as the wonderful smell of espresso and crispy bacon hit her nose. “Thank you baby, yeah I can’t wait.”

“Okay, gotta run. Have a good day.” He kissed her again, this time on her neck while running his hand over her hip and giving it a squeeze. “I love you.”

She yawned again, gazing at the outline of his face. “I love you too.”

He smiled then went out the door and off to work.

She cuddled with her cat Samson for a few moments then flung her legs over the side of the mattress and turned on a light. After using the restroom, she grabbed her warm beverage and toddled over to the breakfast nook in the kitchen and lit up her first cigarette of the day.

She took a sip of her drink. It was a creamy and delicious 16 ounce triple shot vanilla soy latte. Mike was so sweet. He’d been going to the cafe across the street nearly every morning during the past month and buying her a coffee and a bacon egg and cheddar sandwich. Autumn appreciated it, as she was a big believer that breakfast was the most important meal of the day.

Mike had practically moved in with her by this point, but she enjoyed having him around. She wasn’t the type of girl that needed a man to be happy, but she had to admit living with him was quite nice. When she was single she had to fend for herself and make her own breakfast, usually something like a bowl of oatmeal with yogurt and berries on top.

She flicked ash into the mug on the table and took another sip of her beverage. It was sweet. She hated to think about how many calories it contained, and she kept thinking she should tell Mike to just get her plain soy lattes instead of vanilla, but it tasted so good she kept putting that off.

She sat up straight and tugged downward on her white camisole. The skimpy top was a bit skimpier than it used to be. She placed her hand on her stomach and felt the roll of fat that was protruding over her underwear. She sighed. All that wining and dining with Mike, the stress of working a demanding job, and the complete lack of exercise during the last few months were taking their toll on her figure.

After finishing her cigarette she went to the bathroom, jumped in the shower and got ready for the day. She slipped on a clean pair of panties that felt way too tight as the elastic fabric dug uncomfortably into her belly and hips. She gazed into the mirror.

She was gaining weight again.

She stepped on the scale.

Shit.

She knew she had put on a few pounds, but she wasn’t expecting to be over 170. It was frustrating because she had done so well over the summer. The last time she weighed herself was in August when she’d gotten back down to 157.

It was now late November.

Did she really gain almost 16 pounds in 3 months?

She investigated her reflection. She had never seen her body look so voluptuous before and she wasn’t used to it. For most of her adult life she had stayed within the one hundred thirty to one hundred forty pound range, and when she was a cheerleader in high school she was in the 120’s.

Looking at herself now she was amazed by the sight of her boobs and hips. She had never been this curvy, nor had she ever been this heavy.

It was too much.

With a naturally petit figure and bone structure, a number like 172 was alarming.

No wonder none of her clothes fit.

She went to her dresser and squeezed her topless body into another camisole that clung to her like a second skin. She didn’t feel like wearing a bra, they were all too tight anyway.

She went back to the bathroom, fixed up her hair and makeup, then crawled back in bed with her laptop. She unwrapped the sandwich that Mike brought and the smell made her mouth water and also seemed to somehow erase the depressing memory of stepping on the scale just moments prior.

She took a big bite.

It was still warm and was like heaven on an English muffin. So cheesy and buttery and toasty and greasy. She knew it must be packed with fat that she certainly didn’t need, but it was so early in the morning that she felt justified in eating it. After all, breakfast was the most important meal of the day.

Around noon she set her laptop aside and forced herself out of bed. She was hungry again. She went to the kitchen and looked around for something to snack on.

God.

Why did she let Mike do all the grocery shopping?

The man ate like a 14 year old boy.

There was a pack of blueberry muffins, a whole thing of jumbo sized croissants, a family sized bag of potato chips, a tray of black and white cookies, three slices of cake in the fridge and half of a cherry pie on the counter.

How the hell did he stay in such great shape with all of this food around?

Did he have the metabolism of a hummingbird or something?   

She turned the fan on and lit up another cigarette. She really needed to stop smoking so much inside, but with the window cracked she could hear the rain falling on the street. It had been raining all week, and really all month come to think of it. No wonder she was gaining weight. With the dreary fall weather she rarely went outside, especially when she had a boyfriend that so happily ran around and got her everything she needed.

She looked at the plastic container of croissants as her tummy gurgled. She wanted one bad, but she couldn’t rationalize indulging in that amount of empty fats and carbs, especially with the knowledge that she was now over one hundred and seventy pounds.

After all, things were going so well, and having turned 27 in October, she was happier than she had been in a long time. In the past she thought all her relationships had been too one sided, always feeling like the guy was way more into her than she was into him; but with Mike it felt equal. She had no doubt that he adored her, just as she had no doubt she was in love with him. The last thing she wanted was for him to lose interest over something as stupid and trivial as her weight.

Mike finished responding to his last email, then ran down to the campus gym to blow off some steam. It was all part of his after work routine. 50 pushups, 50 pullups, 50 situps, and 2000 meters on the row machine. He could do it all in less than 30 minutes and he liked feeling all pumped up and ripped when he returned to Autumn in the evening. Although she would rarely say anything, he knew she appreciated his lean, strong, masculine physique, and the idea of being able to impress a woman like her, motivated him to be his best like nothing else in the world.

After a quick shower in the locker room, he hopped on his motorcycle and rode home. When he unlocked and opened the door to the apartment, he was greeted by the sight of his beautiful girlfriend, standing next to the bed, wearing nothing but panties and a tiny spaghetti strap top.

“Why hello there,” he said, smiling. He gazed at her longingly. He had of course been aware that her body had been going through some changes, but he was no less amazed looking at her now. He wondered if other guys in his situation would be cornered or distraught if they saw their formally classically hot girlfriend gain as much weight as Autumn had, so early on in a relationship. For Mike it was the opposite. Perhaps it was because he had never dated a curvy woman before, or perhaps he was simply discovering things about himself that he was previously unaware of, but whatever the case, and whatever was going on with Autumn’s weight, he was loving everything about it. “I like your outfit.”

She scrunched her nose in disgust, but in a way that he found incredibly cute. “Thanks but, it’s not like I have much of a choice.”

Mike tossed his gloves off, hung his rain dampened jacket on the hook against the wall then stepped towards her. “How do you mean?” He put his hands around her waist and drew her close, awestruck by how far her butt jutted out behind her.

“Because hardly anything fits me anymore!” She pushed him away and wiggled toward the kitchen. She held her hand up to signal that she wasn’t in the mood for any of his consoling comments. “Don’t even say anything.”

He followed her to the breakfast nook with his eyes tightly fixated on her ass. Her hips were significantly wider than her shoulders and he had never seen her butt look so full and prominent before. He couldn’t get enough of the way each oversized cheek wobbled and jiggled with every step she took. “I’ll go shopping with you if you want.”

She lit a cigarette and sat down. “Yeah I should probably bite the bullet and go up a size. I could use a wardrobe upgrade anyway.”

Mike lit his own cigarette and sat across from her. “No sales tax in Oregon.”

Autumn paused for a moment and blew thick gray smoke in the direction of the window. “Good point.”

He was hardly listening, as he was so distracted by her naked legs and the way she was so provocatively perched in her chair. He was astounded by how much wider her thighs and hips looked when she was in a seated position like that. She caught him staring and he turned away. He noticed the crumpled paper bag on the counter. “Potbelly for lunch again?”

“What?”

He pointed. “Potbelly sandwiches.”

Her long eyelashes fluttered expressionless. “Yeah, I just did Doordash for lunch because it’s so rainy out there.”

“You don’t need to do that you know. There’s plenty of food here, we should try and use it up, save money.”

She giggled abruptly with a cute and quiet femine snort. “Whatever, I make a lot more than you do.” She puffed on her cigarette and waved her arms as she spoke. “But also, I can’t just keep eating all the crap you get, that’s why my clothes are so tight.”

He gave her a crooked smile and his eyes drew towards her thighs again. She really did have an incredible body. “What’s wrong with tight clothes?”

“Stop it. You have no idea how easy you men have it. You can probably just buy the same size jeans over and over on Amazon and never have any problems.”

He leaned in and touched the bare skin of her knee. She was right of course. He had been buying the same Levi 501’s with the same size 30 waist for years. “That’s because a man’s body is just for working and getting around and stuff. Your body, on the other hand, is a work of art.”

She quivered pleasurably from his gentle touch. “A work of art huh?”

He drew his hand back and nodded while maintaining eye contact. “A beautiful work of art.”

She shifted her hips in her seat, causing the chair to creak and groan beneath her. She smiled cooly. “Mmm, I kind of like it when you put it that way.”

There was a moment of romantic silence, as they both stared at each other lustfully.

Mike cleared his throat. “I’m starving. We should eat before I take the bike up to mom and dad’s.” He stood and stabbed his cigarette out. “Little Woody’s alright with you?”

She sighed. “Yeah, that’s fine. But you don’t need to get me fries, I really think I need to slow down with all the eating.”

His head spun toward her. “What? Thanksgiving is tomorrow.”

“I know! All the more reason I need to watch it.” She took another puff on her cigarette. “I haven't even met your parents yet and I’ve already gained like the relationship 15 or whatever.”

“Well you’ll meet them this weekend.”

Mike stopped in the kitchen’s doorway as if the last thing she said suddenly registered in his brain.

The relationship 15?

He turned and spoke without thinking. “Did you weigh yourself?”

She gave him a death stare and pointed her cigarette at him. “Don’t even think about asking me.” She put her smoke out, but quickly lit another. She glared at him, still standing there like a little kid waiting for some sort of approval. “Aren't you supposed to be getting food?”

After dinner Mike made the 30 minute ride north in the dark of night to his parents house in the suburbs. He parked his motorcycle in their four car garage and exchanged it for his Dad’s Honda CRV. The next morning he drove with Autumn down interstate 5 to Beaverton, a town just outside of Portland, where Autumn’s parents lived.

Mike met Autumn’s dad, Gary, who seemed to be doing better after his health scare earlier in the year. He was a fairly large man in his late 50’s, just over 6 feet tall and at least 200 pounds. He was soft, clean shaven and overweight, with a substantial beer gut protruding over his belt. Autumn’s mom, Patty, was small, mousy, and slightly chubby, but also very pretty like her daughter.

Autumn was one of two children, as was Mike, and her older brother Steven had also made the trip to Oregon for Thanksgiving. He was married and brought with him his wife Julia, and their two small children, Lily, age 4, and Noah, age 2, all the way up from their home in Los Angeles. Steven was handsome, slightly built, and somewhat nerdy, but he bonded effortlessly with Mike as did his wife and parents.

Autumn made it through the family holiday without receiving any comments about her weight, other than her mom telling her several times that she looked very happy. Her parents seemed thrilled with Mike, and Autumn was thankful that she didn’t have to answer a million questions about her love life for once.

On Saturday, Mike and Autumn drove back north, and she finally got a chance to meet Mike’s parents, John and Debbie, as well as his younger sister Megan, her husband Kevin and their two kids, Liam and Willow.

For Mike, the meeting of the parents was a big deal and it was good to get it out of the way. His mom and dad loved Autumn, just as he knew they would, and, coming from a similar upbringing, she fit in with his family seamlessly.

The month of December had never seen Mike and Autumn so happy. Their love for each other had not wavered in the slightest and if anything, it was getting stronger by the day. They began to talk more about the possibility of getting a bigger apartment and moving in together officially. The eight month lease on Mike’s place expired in January, and Autumn had the option to renew her lease in February. Getting rid of Mike’s studio was a no-brainer, as he hardly used it, but for Autumn, giving up her apartment took more convincing.

She had lived there for almost the entirety of her adulthood, and she was grandmothered in with a cheap fixed rent that was hard to let go of. On the other hand, even she had to admit that her place was far too small for two people, not to mention it was a ground level unit in the heart of the party district that was becoming increasingly noisy and even potentially dangerous as Seattle’s homeless population swelled.

It wasn’t until Mike’s dad offered to sell him the Honda for a family rate that Autumn became more serious about moving. As much as she loved riding on the back of Mike’s motorcycle, she could only do that for a few months out of the year, and the idea of having full time access to a car sounded nice. Of course, that meant that they would need parking and that was not an option if they stayed put.

“Did I hear that right, you guys are moving to Belltown?” Tabitha said as she sat down next to Autumn on the sofa.

Autumn took a sip of champagne. “Yeah, Mike found a really nice place, seems too good to pass up.”

It was December 31st, and Mike and Autumn had gone to Tabitha and her boyfriend’s apartment for a new year’s eve party. There were about 20 people there, including Sydney and Corey, as well as a few others from the co-ed softball league.

“Where is it exactly?” Tabitha said.

Autumn slid her butt toward the back of the couch. She looked exceedingly beautiful that night. Her skin-tight long-sleeve beige bodysuit was tucked beneath high waisted white jeans and the outfit highlighted and worked in perfect harmony with the alluring feminine contours of her body. “Over on 2nd and Wall, right near The Whisky Bar and Rocco’s, it has a view of the Space Needle too.”

“Ooohh, Rocco’s pizza!” Tabita leaned forward and put her hand on Autumn’s forearm. “Better watch out, that could be dangerous.”

Autumn looked at her curiously. “Why would that be dangerous?”

Tabitha jolted backwards, smiling wide in her bubbly sort of way. “Are you kidding? That’s the best pizza in the city, I’d probably be going there everyday if I lived that close.”

Autumn rolled her eyes; the glitter of her earrings clashed on the surface of her face. The notion that living next to a pizza ** would be dangerous for her size 2 friend was laughable to her. “Well, Mike and I are getting a gym membership.”

“Omigod yay! I’m so excited your leg is finally better and we can workout together again. What gym is it?”

“Just Anytime Fitness. It’s actually right on the bottom floor of the building so I’m going to have no excuses.”

“Good for you.”

Autumn looked down at her thighs, feeling a little self conscious sitting next to her friend who was obviously much smaller than her. Her mind wandered for a moment as she remembered a time, not too long ago when her and Tabitha were the same size.

Despite good intentions, the month of December had not done Autumn’s waistline any favors. It was just too busy and hectic, with too many temptations in the form of delicious Christmas treats, decadent desserts and lavish holiday meals. Instead of losing weight as she had hoped, she ended up gaining an additional 6 pounds since Thanksgiving. She could feel it too. Her size 12 jeans had been slightly loose around the waist and snug at the hips when she bought them a few weeks ago, and now they already felt uncomfortably tight all over.

“I know,” Autumn said, running her hands over the sides of her hips. “I definitely need it. I’ve been gaining weight lately.”

Tabitha shrugged, unsure of what to say at first. It hadn’t gone unnoticed that Autumn was looking a little fuller and curvier than usual. “Don’t worry about it. It’s just relationship weight and you look great. I mean really, you look so happy you’re like glowing.” She froze for a moment and her eyes suddenly widened. “Wait, you guys aren't pregnant are you?”

“Oh my gosh, no! I’m drinking aren't I?” Autumn was abhorred that Tabitha would even think such a thing. Had she really put on so much weight that people thought she looked pregnant? It wasn’t like she had a belly or anything, well, not really. She gulped the remainder of her champagne as if to drive the point home. “We haven't even been together for a year and you know I don’t have interest in having kids anytime soon.”

“What about Mike?”

Autumn glanced at her boyfriend. He was over near the kitchen chatting with his friend Cameron. She smirked and lowered her voice to a whisper. “He seems to agree with pretty much anything I tell him.”

“You got him wrapped around your little finger don’t you.” Tabitha turned her head toward Mike then looked back at Autumn and giggled. “You did good, he’s definitely a keeper.”

“I know.” Autumn was beginning to slur her words. Wanting to feel skinnier than the way she thought she looked, she’d been abstaining from consuming anything other than champagne all evening, and it was finally catching up with her. “Don’t ever tell him I said this but, he’s like perfect.”

Tabitha sat up straight and animatedly fanned herself with her hand from the sexual undertones of her friend’s last remark. “Is it getting hot in here or something?”

Autumn playfully pushed Tabitha’s arm. “Stop it.”

“Okay okay, don’t worry. Your secret’s safe with me.” She shot Mike another quick glance. “But seriously you two are so cute together, you’re like the best looking couple I know.”

“Thanks.”

“Omigod what time is it?” Tabitha peered at her phone then sprang to her feet. “Quick, we need more champagne!”

Autumn rose as well, but at a much slower pace than her agile and limber friend. She calmly sauntered toward Mike in the kitchen with her empty glass in hand.

Corey was in the other corner of the kitchen standing next to his friend Landon, watching Autumn’s every move from a short distance. “Damn,” he whispered. “Is it just me, or is Autumn starting to get thick.”

“It’s not just you,” Landon said. His eyes darted back and forth like he was paranoid of someone overhearing. “She’s so hot though. If they break up, she’s mine.”

Corey scoffed. “In your dreams.” He continued to gaze lustfully at her and the devastatingly gorgeous outfit she was wearing as her healed knee-high Italian leather boots clicked across the laminate wood flooring. Despite weighing 178 pounds, she didn’t look fat, but rather just slightly soft and ultra curvy. Her legs were poured into those pristine white jeans, and together with her tucked-in body suit, they had a shapewear type effect, shrinking her waist and pushing her boobs up and out in a spectacular fashion. “Jesus. If she farts them boots gonna fly right off her feet.”

Landon laughed, but the idea of a woman as beautiful as Autumn actually farting was somehow mind boggling to him.

His laughter was quickly drowned out by Tabitha yelling to the entire room. “Okay everybody! It’s 11:58, make sure you got enough champagne!”

Autumn, who was oblivious to Corey and Landon on the other side of the kitchen, looked at Mike seductively and held out her glass. “Refill please.”

Mike smiled and grabbed the open bottle of Taittinger Brut from the counter. “Yes ma’am.”

Autumn watched as he filled her clear chalice nearly to the brim with the golden liquid. “You got your Martinelli’s?”

He held up his cup. “Yep.”

“Okay, come on, I want to see the show.” They locked elbows and she pulled him in the direction of the living room windows.

Tabitha’s apartment was in the lower Queen Anne neighborhood, not far from the Seattle Center and the traditional fireworks display that was about to shoot out of the Space Needle. Mike and Autumn leaned against the glass and looked up in anticipation.

“This is going to be a great year baby,” Autumn said after taking a small sip of her drink.

Mike put his arm around her waist and pulled her close. “I think so too.”

Autumn loved the way her body seemed to meld and dissolve so easily into his. His broad shoulders, narrow hips and v-shaped torso fit like a puzzle piece against her more bottom heavy hourglass figure. They were by far the best looking people in the room, and even though Autumn was now slightly heavier than Mike, they really did look like a perfect pair that was meant to be together. Tabita wasn’t kidding when she said they were the cutest couple she knew.

Autumn gazed up at Mike with love beaming from her eyes. “I’m excited about getting a new apartment.” She placed her free hand on her hip and stuck her butt out a little. “I’m excited we’ll be able to go to the gym together too and I can lose some of these holiday pounds.”

Mike gave her a half-hearted smile. Her words were delicious yet unswallowable. His eyes went from her beautiful hair, which she wore down, to her breasts, which looked as large as he had ever seen them, to her still relatively narrow womanly waist and the way the top front button of her jeans seemed to be hanging on for dear life against the softer flesh of her lower belly. She looked so attractive and voluptuous he could hardly stand it. “You know you don’t have to workout or lose anything to impress me. I think you’re perfect just the way you are.”

She smiled, pressing softly into him. “You’re really sweet, you know that?”

“I know.”

Tabitha started yelling out a countdown for all to hear as the final seconds of the year ticked away. “5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Happy New Year!”

Everyone kissed their significant others, let out their celebratory cries and clanged glasses in a toast to the end of 2019, and the promise of 2020, but something was off.

Mike stared at the Space Needle. It was still and quiet.

“Where the hell are the fireworks?” Corey said from across the room.

Tabita pressed her face against the window. “Did something go wrong?”

Autumn turned to Mike. “Check your phone, see if there's news.”

“Shit,” Mike said. “We’re only seconds into 2020 and already we got problems.”

“Bad omen?” Autumn said.

Mike smiled in his calm and comforting way. “Don’t know. Could be bad, could be good, we’ll just have to wait and see.”

read more of this story here:https://www.**.com/Jolenedubois

AUTUMN 52.png

• 4 weeks later...

Chapter 7

They moved into their new apartment at the end of January. It was a modern building, it was huge, and compared to Autumn’s old place it was a palace. It was on the seventh floor of an eight story building, but the apartment itself had two different levels, with carpeted stairs going up to a master bedroom and an office on the top; and a living room, spare bathroom and bedroom on the bottom. The two floor loft style design gave the main living room incredibly high ceilings, making it seem posh and excessively spacious. It also came with a parking spot in an underground garage, which Mike used for the Honda he bought from his dad, and it had free motorcycle parking in a designated area. 

At just under 3 grand per month it was significantly more expensive than what they were used to individually, but with Mike no longer paying for a place of his own it was easily affordable between the two of them. Especially after Autumn changed companies in the beginning of February, moving from Linkedin to Oracle, receiving a substantial bump in pay, while still being able to work remotely.

Mike punched in the electronic code on their front door then went up the stairs after returning from work. He found Autumn laying in bed gently stroking Samson’s furry neck. “All done?” he said. 

She sat up and moved her laptop to the side. “Been done for about a half an hour.” 

“Did you stay in bed all day?” 

She yawned and stretched out her arms. “Yeah, my neck starts to hurt if I sit at the desk for too long.”

The sensuality of her movements pumped energy throughout the entirety of his body yet somehow her voluptuous curves also rendered him paralzed with lust. “Up for going to the gym?”

She made a face of disgust. “Uhhh…I need to eat something first.” She tossed the comforter aside and swung her legs over the edge of the mattress. She was wearing only makeup, pink panties and a white camisole with a black bra visible beneath, which seemed to be her usual outfit as of late. “Do you have anything planned for dinner?”

Mike was surprised. In the weeks leading up to the move Autumn talked incessantly about how she couldn’t wait to get into a workout routine, lose weight and get back in shape; but now she seemed apathetic and disinterested. They had been living in the new digs for 5 days, and in that time they had only been to the gym together once, as Autumn was so sore the day after the first time, she hadn’t been able to muster the will to go back. 

“Umm, not yet,” he said. He sat down beside her, noticing the deep creases she’d recently developed where her thighs folded into her hips. “But there’s that weird German Turkish place downstairs I’ve been wanting to check out.”

She leaned forward and arched her back, causing her cute little belly to poke out beneath her shirt and rendering her hip-cleavage all the more pronounced and distinct. “What do they have?”

“I don’t know. It’s like gyros, sandwiches and fries and stuff. That sound good to you?” He didn’t think that she would want fries, as she had explained to him that she planned to cut fatty foods out of her diet, but he figured he’d at least put out the offer. 

She surprised him again.

“I don’t care,” she said, “but I need something before I pass out.” 

“Didn’t you get lunch?”

“I just had a slice of pizza delivered, but that was over 4 hours ago.”

Mike turned his head and for the first time noticed the small open pizza box on the nightstand. There was nothing in it except a long curved strip of crust surrounded by grease stains. “Rocco’s?”

“Yeah but their slices aren't as big as I remember them being.” She shifted her hips toward him and playfully nudged him in the side. “Can you just go please?”

“Alright alright.” He decided not to say anything about getting a delivery charge from a pizzeria that was literally directly across the street from their building. Instead, he kissed her, went down the stairs and out the door. He knew that a hungry girlfriend after a long work day was not someone to be questioned. 

Despite his lack of enthusiasm about Autumn wanting to lose weight, he still respected her desire to do so and was willing to support her in such an endeavor, but now he was confused. She wasn’t going to lose anything if he kept bringing her takeout every evening, especially if she was ordering pizza by the slice for lunch, but he wasn’t going to argue, or complain.

He brought back two lamb and beef sandwiches and a big order of fries. The food was delicious, and the sandwiches were dripping with creamy sauce, Middle Eastern style spices and vegetables, and the fries were sprinkled with feta cheese. Mike hated feta so Autumn ate most of those in addition to the rest of her hearty meal. 

Was it just him or was her appetite getting bigger? 

After dinner Autumn squeezed herself into a pair of yoga pants, put on her purple Balenciaga athletic sneakers and a big fluffy faux fur coat and they went outside through sliding glass doors to their private little balcony.

“So much for not smoking on the porch,” Autumn said.

Mike got up from his collapsible metal chair and peered over the railing. He looked down at the busy city street below, then he looked left, right, and up. “I’m sure it’s fine. Nobody else would be outside when it’s this cold anyway.” 

“I don’t mean that, I just mean like it’s going to be harder to quit when it’s this easy.”

Mike sat back down. “Well in the old place it was even easier.” 

“I know but we really weren't supposed to be doing that. It was more of just a bad habit that I started because I was too lazy to go all the way outside. Didn’t want to have to deal with bums.” 

Mike took a short puff and gazed at her. “How long have you been smoking?”

“Ohhh, almost, wait… seven years I guess.”

“What made you start?”

“When I was in college I did a quarter in Delhi.” She took a long slow drag and blew ribbons of carbon monoxide into the crisp evening air. “Seemed like everyone (cough) smoked there and I was curious. Told myself I wanted to fit into the culture.”

Mike loved watching her smoke. Something about that repetitive motion of caressing her mouth with the cigarette and her manicured index and middle finger, inhaling from the ember then exhaling and blowing out of pursed plump lips. She was putting pleasure before health, and it was oddly sexy on a primal level. “That’s right I forgot you went to India, that’s so cool that you did that.” 

She shrugged, expressionless. “ I suppose. Been smoking ever since though.”

“Did you ever quit?” 

She rolled her eyes. “Dozens of times. How about you?”

Mike pointed at himself. “Did I ever quit?”

“No, when did you start?” she said. 

“College, same as you.” He gave her a crooked smile. “But I blame it on too many Humphrey Bogart movies. Watch like two or three of those in a row and you’ll find yourself buying a pack of cigarettes without even knowing why.”

“It’s so unhealthy though, we’re going to need to stop eventually. Hopefully the gym will help.”

“Yeah.” He took another puff, then extinguished it in the bowl they were using as an ashtray. “You about ready?”

“No.” She sighed deeply and wiggled in her seat although the arm rests of her chair didn’t give her a whole lot of room. “I’d much rather have a glass of wine instead, but I definitely need to get my butt in gear before it gets any bigger.”

Her face was illuminated from the lights coming from the bedroom on one side, and the highrise apartment building on the other, and with her fur coat and the contrast of the night sky Mike thought she looked like some sort of elegant ice princess. 

He rose. “Why does it turn me on so much when you talk like that?”

She stood as well and put out her cigarette. “Oh I don’t know. Probably because you like me.” She stopped for a moment, then smiled. “And you’re deeply in love with my ass.”

Mike blushed. 

God she was such an incredible tease.

They rode the elevators down to Anytime Fitness. It was so easy and convenient, being able to access the gym without needing to go outside. 

Autumn did the same routine she did last time. She was not a runner, and perhaps unwilling to push her cardiovascular system to anything close to strenuous, she hung out on the stair-stepper and maintained a slow and steady speed. Mike found it interesting that she chose that machine yet she would never take the stairs in the building, always using the elevator.

The gym was fairly quiet and Mike did mostly bodyweight exercises, focusing on dips and pullups, trying not to get distracted by the sight of his girlfriend slowly wiggling her hips on her high pedestal that was the stair machine.

No wonder they call it a stair master. When you see a girl like Autumn on that thing, wearing yoga pants and a tank top, you can’t help but stare.

Just a handful of minutes later Autumn came down from her conveyor belt podium, sweating and breathing heavily. “Are you (pant) done yet?”

“I can be.” Mike let go of the overhead bar and planted his feet on the springy foam mat. “You don’t want to do anything else?” 

“No, I’m (gasp) exhausted.” She fanned herself with her hand. “I’m so out (pant) of shape. I’m more winded now than I was when we went on that hike last summer.”

“You’re doing great. It takes a while sometimes to get back into it.” 

“I think I’m ready for a bath and that glass of wine now.” 

Mike smiled. Her face was flush and her breathing was labored, but goddamn if she wasn’t the most beautiful sight in the world. “You deserve it.” 

Things went on like that over the next month or so. Autumn went to the gym a few times per week, but her job at Oracle was proving to be more taxing than her previous position. She got up early and worked straight through until 5, and when she was done she usually had enough energy to eat dinner and not much else.

By March however, she was making progress with her workouts. Her legs were getting stronger, and her nicotine impared lungs regained some of their capacity to transfer oxygen to her bloodstream, as she had successfully cut back on the cigarettes, smoking less than a pack per day for the first time in over a year. Her weight had stubbornly leveled off in the one hundred and eighty pound range, but she had been able to tone up her arms and waist, at least a little. 

Just as she was starting to settle into a healthy and balanced routine of work and exercise, news reports came in that 21 people on a California cruise ship had tested positive for something called the coronavirus, and the entire world changed, seemingly in the blink of an eye. 

The first thing to close was Anytime Fitness, as nothing is more of a breeding ground for a virus than a public gym. The second was Mike’s job. 

The whole campus where he worked shut down completely. Nobody knew for how long, so Mike was kept on retainer, which basically meant he would continue to be paid his full salary just to stay home. Oracle on the other hand, fortunately or unfortunately, was ahead of the curve. As Autumn already worked remotely, her job went on like it was business as usual.

Mike felt bad that he had unlimited free time, while Autumn still had to wake up early and slave away in front of her laptop, so he did his best to make her days as easy and comfortable as possible.

“Oh wow, this looks amazing,” Autumn said as she sat up in bed.  

Mike handed her a huge plate of food and a fork, then set a steaming mug of coffee on the nightstand. “Most important meal of the day right?” 

“Right.” She smiled and wiggled her hips beneath the down comforter. It was her all time favorite breakfast. A big fluffy German pancake smothered in melted butter and real maple syrup along with two strips of crispy bacon on the side. Her boyfriend knew her well. “Maybe it’s not such a bad idea, having you home all day. A girl could get used to this.” 

He grinned.  “Enjoy it while you can. I’m sure I’ll have to be back at work within a week or two.” 

She took a bite. “You (chew, chew) think so?”

“I’m guessing.” 

She licked her lips. “Okay, then I’ll be sure and take full advantage of it.” 

He sat on the edge of the bed and caressed the bare skin of her upper arm. “I live to serve you.” 

She took another bite. “Hopefully (chew, chew) the gym opens back up soon.”

“I’m sure it will.” He continued to fondle her squishy arms and shoulders, then looked at the rays of light making their way in from the huge bedroom windows as the sun began to rise.  “Good thing we got this place when we did. Would’ve been pretty cozy if we had to shelter-in-place in your old apartment.”

“Yeah, you wouldn’t be able to practice much guitar.” She was only half way paying attention to him, as she seemed to have one eye on her breakfast, and the other on her laptop screen.

“You gotta get to work?”

She sighed. “Yeah, I should.” 

“Okay, I’ll let you be.” He stood. “I’ll head over to Whole Foods later, text me if you think of anything we need.”

“Sounds good.” She shoved another forkful of pancake in her mouth. “Oh (chew) before I forget, (chew) can you grab some of that ice cream I like?”

“Which one is that again?” 

“You know, the Turkish Coffee one.”

“Sure.” He leaned in and kissed her syrupy lips. “Love you.”

“Love you too.”

The beauty of Whole Foods was that no matter what Mike bought there, Autumn somehow seemed to approve of it, whereas if he went to Safeway or QFC, she’d accuse him of buying too much unhealthy junk food that was going to make her fat.

At Whole Foods however, he could buy things he knew she loved, and would actually eat.  Tiramisu cake, chocolate croissants, pistachio macarons, peanut butter cookies, and cheesecake of any kind, just to name a few of her favorites.

When he returned from running errands, he went upstairs to check on her. She was still in bed, and to his astonishment, her breakfast, which he knew was way more food than she would ever eat in one sitting, was actually, completely gone. He tried not to seem surprised. 

“Did you like your breakfast?” 

“Yes, it was good, you know how to make that well.”

He didn’t think that anyone could possibly still be hungry after eating such a carb heavy, high calorie meal, but he decided to press his luck anyway. “What can I get you for lunch?” 

Her eyes flashed towards him. “Are you kidding? I’m still full from breakfast.”

He stepped forward and took her plate and fork away from the nightstand. “Okay, well, let me know if you get hungry.”

“Don’t worry about me, I can fend for myself.”

He looked at her lovingly. “I know, I just like to take care of you.” 

“I appreciate it.”

The alarm went off early the next morning. Autumn pried herself away from Mike’s spooning clutches and turned it off. She rolled over and pressed herself into him as he gently kissed her neck and caressed her thigh and hip. He loved cuddling her. She smelled so delicious and sweet and her body was so warm and soft to the touch that he would’ve happily laid in bed with her all day if he could.

She yawned and gazed at him dreamily, slowly trickling her finger along the hardened muscles of his chest. “I’m hungry.”

“Okay baby.” He put his hand on the side of his head and propped himself up. After the previous morning’s lavish meal, he knew that she would probably want something healthy and light, or maybe a soy latte and sandwich if he was lucky. “I can head out and grab something from Uptown Espresso.”

“No.” She spoke with a sensual coo, almost a pout. “I want what you made me yesterday.”

He sat up. “German pancake?”

She nodded. “Mmhm.”

He was shocked. The huge skillet sized pancake along with bacon was a breakfast fit for an old time Bavarian lumberjack that burned 7,000 calories a day chopping down beech trees; not a work from home girl who spent most of her time in bed. 

Did she really want that two days in a row? 

He did his best to act nonchalant, smiling at her affectionately. “Your wish is my command.” 

The coronavirus continued its worldwide spread as March turned into April, and the Washington State government was closing down restaurants, bars and even schools. Things were getting worse, not better, and Mike's job, which originally seemed like it would be closed for a short hiatus, was now looking like  a long term shutdown with no end in sight.

There was only so much guitar Mike could practice and only so many pushups and situps he could do before it all got too repetitive and mundane. He needed to find other ways to fill his time, so he started getting more into cooking and baking.

He had perfected the Dutch Baby or German pancake to an exact science, as he had begun to make it for Autumn almost every morning. He was not a breakfast type of guy himself and rarely ate anything before noon, but his pancakes must have been beyond delicious because Autumn amazingly never seemed to get tired of them.

Day after day, morning after morning it was the same routine. Mike would wake up, preheat the oven,  mix up a batter of eggs, whole milk and white flour, then melt a half a stick of butter in a 12 inch cast iron skillet. He would then pour the mixture over the melted butter, put the skillet in the oven, then fry strips of bacon on the gas stovetop as the fluffy pancake baked. 

When it was done he’d cut it into segments of 4, put it on a big dinner plate and drizzle it liberally with maple syrup; and along with two pieces of bacon and mug of coffee with steamed half and half, he’d carry it up the stairs, so Autumn could eat in bed.

The amount of fat, sugar and carbs that his girlfriend was consuming every morning seemed unfathomable to him and he kept waiting for the day when she’d tell him she wanted something lighter, or that she was sick and tired of the same old breakfast, but she never did.

It wasn’t long of course, before all this eating and complete lack of physical activity, began to take effect on Autumn’s figure. Perhaps it was the shelter-in-place, or the quarantine and 6 feet apart mandates, or maybe it was just the end of the world type of atmosphere that hovered over the city, but whatever the reasons, Mike was surprised that Autumn didn’t seem very concerned, or even aware that she was piling on the pounds at an admittedly rapid rate.

Did she not care?

Didn’t she say that she wanted to lose weight? 

Maybe, like a frog in boiling water, she just didn’t think about it. It’s not like she looked any different from one day to the next, not even necessarily one week to the next. Let a month pass however, and there were significant, eye-catching and obvious changes taking place. Not just in appearance either, but in her demeanor and personality as well. It seemed as she got curvier, she also became somehow girlier; her movements slower, more sensual and more feminine and her voice breathier. 

She didn’t know the numbers because she had stopped weighing herself all together, but if she had, she would’ve found that by the end of April she was 191 pounds, and by the end of May, (with Mike still not back at work) she was up to a whopping 197.

Mike loaded the dishwasher then ran upstairs like a twelve year old boy. He found Autumn in the bedroom, struggling to fit into a pair of skinny jeans. Reminiscent of the last time he saw her trying to squeeze into undersized pants, he could tell right away it was going to be a losing effort, so he spoke hesitantly. “Do you like em?”

She gave him a look. “Yeah, (gasp) but, I don’t think they’re the right size.” She was pulling hard on the waistband and gasping from the effort, the jeans still below her hips. “This is why I (pant, gasp) can’t buy anything without trying it on first.” 

“They won’t let you do that now, I don’t even think you can take stuff back once you wear it anymore.”

She glared at him. “I know.” 

“Can you return stuff online?”

“Maybe.” She managed to slowly slide them over her butt, then, with her back turned and a bend in her knees, she tried to fasten the front button. “It’s just so hard (gasp) to find clothes that fit my body shape.” 

Mike stared at her like a stoner in a dispensary. It had been a while since he had seen her in jeans and he was having trouble believing his eyes. 

The progress she had made at the gym back in February and March was long gone, and it seemed she was now passing the point of soft and curvy and crossing into big territory. It was clear she was continuing to gain weight in the places that she always did. Her upper arms, her breasts, maybe a tiny bit in her face and neck, a little in her tummy,  but mostly in her hips, thighs and butt. And what a beautiful butt it was, especially in those jeans.

But when did it get so huge?

And when did those hips get so wide? 

As Mike’s eyes zoomed in on the overstuffed taut denim of her back pockets, his mind flooded with obsessive torturous yearning. He put his hand to his mouth to make sure there wasn’t any drool. 

“Looks pretty amazing from the back,” he said. 

“Yeah, but look at the front.” She turned toward him, still tugging with both hands, trying to close the gap of the unzipped fly to no avail. She let go and flung her arms up in frustration. “Maybe I shouldn’t have tried to do this right after dinner.”  

They had just finished eating a home cooked feast of chicken alfredo pasta, but Mike knew that one meal wasn’t to blame for what he was seeing. Her stunning hourglass figure was filling out in awe-inspiring fashion. Her boobs were bigger, and her proportions were more amplified. She had real honest to god thunder thighs now, and the denim around her hips looked to be on the brink of splitting at the seams. 

Her waist was more than just soft now too, and she was starting to get a pretty substantial belly. It was indisputable, especially with the way it was spilling out and filling the void of her unzipped fly like rising bread dough in an undersized loaf pan. 

“Do you need help?” Mike stepped forward, wrapped his arms around her from behind and grabbed the tops of her jeans with both hands, pressing himself into her big soft butt as if he was pulled by magnetic force.

“No!” She wiggled away and plopped down on the edge of the bed. The force of her body caused the springs of her old queen size mattress to squeak like a rusty door hinge.  “Uhh, who am I kidding? There's no reason for me to be wearing jeans anyway. It’s not like we can see people or go anywhere so I might as well just be comfy.”

He smiled and sat beside her. “Good idea, no pants are the best pants.”

His eyes drew downward. He couldn’t get over how enormous her thighs looked when she was sitting. 

Why was that so incredibly sexy?

She pursed her lips seductively, then moistened them with her tongue. “You’d like that wouldn’t you.” 

“Of course.” 

“I can always just keep wearing leggings and dresses.”

Mike's heart felt like it could beat right out of his chest in such a way that he hadn’t experienced since he was a teenager. Her tummy, now with a deep-set, hollow looking belly button, was protruding onto her lap and oozing over unfastened pants and yet he wasn’t the least bit repulsed. On the contrary he could think of nothing he’d rather do than kiss it, squeeze it, knead it, and bury his face in it until he couldn’t breathe.

What the hell was happening? 

What were these sensational feelings that were pounding his heart and electrifying his body?

Why did Autumn’s weight gain turn him on so much and make him crazy with wild lust? 

Why did he find himself wondering what she would look like if she gained even more weight? 

What was it about a woman with curves that was so fucking sexy?

“Come on, let’s get these things off you,” he said. He stood and began peeling the brand new pants down the swollen flesh of her legs. “They’re really nice jeans, maybe get the same ones and just go up a size.”  Once off completely, he brought them over to the Amazon box in the corner of the room. 

He folded them and glanced at the tag on the inside of the waist. 

Size 14.

Chapter 20 is out now! Read it all here:https://www.**.com/posts/autumn-chapter-72792780?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_creator

AUTUMN 72.png

AUTUMN 73.png

• 4 weeks later...