4 minutes ago, Miss Magpie said:

So I know some of you are interested in what I USED to look like! Lol Well, here is a few pictures of my body when I was thin. Not much of a difference right? 🤔 🤣

Umm, yeah, you've hardly changed at all over the years 😬😅
Seriously though, you were gorgeous then and are even more beautiful now

1 minute ago, Miss Magpie said:

Ask away! So the thinner photos were taken in 2005. My weight gain was gradual for a couple of years, gaining 10 lbs here & there but the bulk of it (around 80 lbs) came in the last 2 years.

You are not alone! The last two years have been sooo good for gaining 😆 Silver lining of the pandemic

6 minutes ago, Miss Magpie said:

That’s 100% true. People who love to eat are in heaven😂

Now that we're on that topic, I remember seeing the statistics and I was stunned. 42% of Americans polled gained weight during the pandemic. Within that 42% the AVERAGE amount gained was 29 pounds!! For Millenials (defined in the study as 25 - 42 years old) the average gain was 41 POUNDS!! That just blows my mind. In a normal year, I would guess that the average undesired gain is like 5 lbs or so.

https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editing/2021/heres-how-much-weight-we-gained-and-lost-in-the-pandemic/

Anyway, thank you for doing more than your fair share of boosting those numbers 😉

4 minutes ago, Miss Magpie said:

A research guy! That’s the way to my heart 😂❤️. Thanks for sharing your source. It really is mind blowing. I’d love to see the correlations in there too (less exercise, mood changes, etc.) In my case, just sitting & eating more🤷🏻‍♀️

Absolutely, I love research, data, and statistics 🥰 And yeah, digging in to find the root causes and mechanisms is where it's at 😎

8 minutes ago, Knallieknal said:

The interesting thing is all numbers are averages. Means there is a bandwith between 1 and a lot more than these numbers to get to an average of 29 or 41.

Yeah, definitely. It'd be interesting to see the standard deviation, min, max, etc. I bet there are plenty of people at the top end like  Miss Magpie helping to pull that average up 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...