Jersey Ghoul’s Music Recommendations

Jersey Ghoul 666

• Curvage Model

I wanted to start a thread where I could share allll the songs that get stuck in my head, that make me happy, and that have had a profound influence on my life! 
And maybe if you keep an eye out I’ll even share some of my bands in here 🌈 

Maybe 👻 

• Curvage Model

In honor of 🖤 Valentines Dayyy🖤 I wanted to share my favorite punk love song. 

I had this album on cassette in my first car and it got stuck for months in there 🤣 I guess I got lucky that it was such a pop punk masterpiece! 

The whole album fucking slaps but this is one of my favorite songs EVER 

3 hours ago, Jersey Ghoul 666 said:

Another personal favorite- this is what I listen to when I need to pick myself up off the floor, dust myself off and get on with things. 

“Jersey girls are always total heartbreakers” 🖤

This and the one before it are both great! Also, is everyone in this band cute, or is it just me?

• Curvage Model

The cramps are one of my most favorite bands of all time. Poison Ivy and Lux Interior are both the embodiments of what I strive to be on stage. 
It’s trashy, it’s raunchy, it’s sexy as hell, totally creepy, spooky, like a John waters movie threw up in your ears. 

Poison Ivy is my guitar hero, smashing what’s expected of women in music. Her relationship with  Lux Interior, and how kinky yet devoted they seemed to be is also my ultimate relationship goals 😍

• Curvage Model

These Compilation came at THE MOST formative time for me, I’ve thrashed them over and over as a teenager. These two are wholly responsible for me wanting to start a band! They got me into punk! 

I was completely hooked, sewing patches onto all of my clothes, finding dingy local shows on the outskirts of Atlantic City, back when I was young and thought I was invincible. I really cannot believe the places I’ve been all for the chance to get sweaty in the pit with a bunch of strangers 😂

These comps really embody that time of my life and I’m glad these were my introductions to punk 🖤 

• Curvage Model

This is the vibe this morning

If you’ve never heard Mariachi El Bronx definitely do yourself a favor and give this a listen. Members of a hardcore band deciding to form a mariachi band-for fun! And it is really so fun, I can’t help but shake my booty whenever I hear them. 
The Bronx- just as good if you like hardcore. 

Enjoy! 💀

• Curvage Model
3 minutes ago, Raist said:

You have great taste! Punk o Rama 5 is best punk o Rama 

Can’t argue there, every song just hits so well right after the other 

at the risk of sounding like an old person I feel like they just don’t make ‘em like they used to!! 

• Curvage Model

I swear I’ll start sharing some gems from New Zealand, but really we’re just getting started and if we’re gonna talk about roots, The Ergs! are about as close as you can get to my pop punk roots.  Feast your ears on some heartwarming, longing, desperate 3-4 chord progressions, all the way from New Jersey 🖤

We even cover this in my new band. And you can hear me practice and sing it in “girlfriend can’t stop burping” here

Edited by Jersey Ghoul 666
Added link