Game recommendations??

ledalavandula

I got into video games at the beginning of the pandemic but fell off as my workload got out of control. I've been wanting to pick up gaming again and am looking for recommendations!

The game that drew me in the most was Kentucky Route Zero. I also enjoyed Night in the Woods (although I never finished it lol), Gone Home, and Dear Esther (although it also creeped me the fuck out). When I was a kid I loved playing Spyro! Would also love simple fantasy games like that. More recently I played Zork and then stopped playing to try to learn Python to make my own game, which I also gave up on lmao. I'm not awesome at solo activities/hobbies, but I really want a hobby that stimulates the fantasy loving part of my brain!

Tldr: Looking for fantasy/sci fi games that are heavier on narrative than graphics. I have Steam and a Mac and may one day take the plunge to get a real counsel but I'm not there yet 👾

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 1:15 PM, ledalavandula said:

I got into video games at the beginning of the pandemic but fell off as my workload got out of control. I've been wanting to pick up gaming again and am looking for recommendations!

The game that drew me in the most was Kentucky Route Zero. I also enjoyed Night in the Woods (although I never finished it lol), Gone Home, and Dear Esther (although it also creeped me the fuck out). When I was a kid I loved playing Spyro! Would also love simple fantasy games like that. More recently I played Zork and then stopped playing to try to learn Python to make my own game, which I also gave up on lmao. I'm not awesome at solo activities/hobbies, but I really want a hobby that stimulates the fantasy loving part of my brain!

Tldr: Looking for fantasy/sci fi games that are heavier on narrative than graphics. I have Steam and a Mac and may one day take the plunge to get a real counsel but I'm not there yet 👾

Well if you don't mind older graphics and a bit of rpg mechanics fallout2 is a solid sci-fi choice theres a ton of solid total conversion mods for so you get like 6 games for the price of one that are heavy on plot. In a similar vein there's planescape torment and never winter nights 2 the first is considered one of the best games of all time for a while and the latter if you get the complete version comes with the modding tools so you can play around with making your own in addition to like 10k hours in fan made expansions.

The cat lady and the void are sure to hit the spot if you want something more scary and fantastical. And if you like spyro have you played conquers bad fur day?

On 2/17/2022 at 8:51 PM, Stufferella said:

You should try the Divinity games by Larian. They are dialogue heavy with lots of meaninful roleplay and choices. PLUS superb voiceacting.

On 2/9/2022 at 9:21 PM, FattyFreya said:

🍒

On 2/15/2022 at 4:43 PM, JessieMidKnight said:

A few of my friends who do streaming seem to be quite fond of Detroit Become Human

On 2/17/2022 at 8:51 PM, Stufferella said:

You should try the Divinity games by Larian. They are dialogue heavy with lots of meaninful roleplay and choices. PLUS superb voiceacting.

Yay! Thank you for all of these recs, I'm definitely going to be checking them out 🥰🥰

• 3 weeks later...
Guest doublefrosted

If you like narrative driven games I can recommend:

• Hades
  • Necrobarista
  • Graveyard Keeper
  • Disco Elysium
  • Vampire the Masquerade: Coteries of New York
  • Vampire the Masquerade: Shadows of New York
  • Paradise Killer
  • Spiritfarer
  • Coffee Talk

On 3/8/2022 at 5:34 AM, doublefrosted said:

• Vampire the Masquerade: Coteries of New York
  • Vampire the Masquerade: Shadows of New York
  •  

The OG vtm bloodlines is pretty great too if you get the editions with the fixit mods on install to fix the bugs