What is Curvage's stance on foreign languages?

gricha

It's all in the title. 😆

Ok, in 2 words: Are foreign (=non-English) languages accepted on the board? To what extent? I prefer asking, as I have rude memories of being scold by moderation on other sites for using (even only 3, transparent to English speakers) French words. The answer may already be written in the rules, if so, can you kindly point me to the relevant section?

Bonus question: what is your philosophy on moderation? Do you trust users to behave and only react on things reported as offensive/whatever, or are you proactive and check everything? It's kinda related as speaking in a non-English language means a more difficult access for moderation (unless of course you have polyglot mods).

HI,

The way I see it, if you want to speak another language go ahead.

If you break a rule, others (who can read the language) are free to report it.

We can use translate tools to determine if a violation has happened.

Although, we are primarily an English speaking board, but I am sure that much is obvious.

Thank you for asking.

1 hour ago, S77 said:

HI,

The way I see it, if you want to speak another language go ahead.

If you break a rule, others (who can read the language) are free to report it.

We can use translate tools to determine if a violation has happened.

Although, we are primarily an English speaking board, but I am sure that much is obvious.

Thank you for asking.

Thank you. That was already my impression, upon reading various posts in different languages, but it doesn't hurt reading it from an official voice. Also thank you for trusting that we can be civilized in languages you don't have immediate access to. It's refreshing!

50 minutes ago, Avataг said:

@gricha J'aime le vin français, comme j'aime la langue française. J'ai échantillonné toutes les langues, le français est ma préférée. Langage fantastique. Surtout pour maudire. ;)

Obviously 😉 now the second part of my signature (that used to be on two lines 🤔) is more obscure and less easy to guess 😀