Thinking About The Fine Details Of Weight Gain

>_< 0_0

Does anyone else daydream about exactly how weight gain works down to the cellular level? It’s enticing to me. Like, when a slim girl eats a tad more than her caloric limit, how does the extra mass distribute? How long does it take for food to become fat? What’s an expanding fat cell look like? How come some areas grow faster? What hormones drive the gain?

I wish there were a really in-depth vlog out there that measured these details. Caloric counts, daily weigh ins and measurements, all that. A 3D render would also be cool.

It is really interesting to think about sometimes.

I

"How long does it take for food to become fat? "

On top of that, its not so easy to tell what is fat versus water retention sometimes.

Our metabolisms are also very complex and changes overtime.

I always laugh when someone claims to completely understand the weight gain or loss process to the t.

They treat it like a simple linear equation where calories in > calories out when instead so many factors (age, diet, hormones, activity rate, etc) all play a part.

What I like to see is when someone gains weight, loses some, and then regains it. Its interesting to see how the fat settles differently the second time around.

Guest StringBean23

I know when my ex started her progesterone birth control her appetite went wild. Seemed like fat accumulated much faster as if every extra calorie was used. It seemed to change where the fat accumulated as well. Normally it was pretty evenly spread across her body. Once she started it only went to her breasts and subcutaneous belly. Lots of new bras and broken zippers.  

On 12/30/2021 at 10:26 PM, Col.Sanders said:

What I like to see is when someone gains weight, loses some, and then regains it. Its interesting to see how the fat settles differently the second time around.

Are there any patterns you noticed?

All of the questions in the original post are very interesting. I tried to find info about the how long question and I thought this was interesting.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/07/27/how-long-does-it-take-for-excess-calories-to-become-fat/?sh=6aa2778379d6

On 12/31/2021 at 4:14 PM, StringBean23 said:

I know when my ex started her progesterone birth control her appetite went wild. Seemed like fat accumulated much faster as if every extra calorie was used. It seemed to change where the fat accumulated as well. Normally it was pretty evenly spread across her body. Once she started it only went to her breasts and subcutaneous belly. Lots of new bras and broken zippers.  

The drug definitely works by altering the balance of hormones, and I have vivid memories of biology class about how estrogen and progesterone affect fat distribution. My favorite subjects in class hehe

I also found this when I started to give gaining a try recently. Basically, you can influence the ratio of subcutaneous to visceral fat through, you guessed it, diet and exercise. If after a few months I'm unhappy with my results, I'm going to try this and see what changes.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/lose-visceral-fat#TOC_TITLE_HDR_4

Ketogenic diets drastically reduce carb intake and replace it with fat. This can put you in a natural metabolic state called ketosis (17).

A study including 28 overweight and obese adults found that those who followed a ketogenic diet lost more fat, especially visceral fat, than people following a low-fat diet.

Interestingly, they did so while eating roughly 300 more calories per day (16).

I wonder if anybody is studying people doing what this person did. My totally, absolutely uneducated guess is she didn't gain much visceral fat at all.

Another important question: what is the actual limit for caloric intake??Suppose we had a pill worth 100,000 calories. Would it cause weight gain the way we understand it? A calorie is a unit of measurement for energy, so you could technically implant a reactor to someone to give them “calories,” but I think they would need to be in the molecular form that a human body could digest — it has to be food. 

So let’s suppose we have a little pill made of 100,000 calories of “food.” What could happen? My suspicion is that the human body can only absorb so much before the rest filters out as waste. Suppose I’m wrong? The calories could do two things: slowly get absorbed by fat cells, or more rapidly so, enough to see with the naked eye 😩😌 I think it’s more likely to be absorbed slowly.

1 hour ago, >_< 0_0 said:

So let’s suppose we have a little pill made of 100,000 calories of “food.” What could happen?

Nobody should ever do this, but that's basically two and a half gallons of olive oil or ten gallons of sugar. It should stay a thought experiment because that seems like it would not end well but it's not totally infeasible to actually ingest that many calories in less than a day. Point being it's not such an extreme thought experiment to be of no practical use.

You must be right that some amount of it would be filtered in some way. I'd imagine a lot would pass through them too since it sounds like the cells of the GI tract can only do so much.

• Curvage Model

tbh i used to be a skinny twig and it always turned me on thinking that expanding my stomach was getting me wayyyy bigger

like i would really challenge myself to eat more and more

and it resulted in me growing softer and lazier, losing my condition, just giving in to all my hedonism and my cravings...