Need Help Crafting a Story's Plot (Fatfishing)

Guest progressive_dude

Guest progressive_dude

I'm looking to collaborate with the community in order to write an FA-related story. My story idea: two IG models who post pics as plus-sized model, but in reality, are quite skinny. I was thinking they could use an app to manipulate their body weight. This app could be a secret and only available to a select few people. I was thinking the app could temporarily fatten them up to be either 400 or 500ish pounds. And they could take a bunch of selfies and videos while they're that big.

In terms of the conflict, this is where I was having a little bit of trouble. I was hoping that their conflict could revolve around the app's effects not wearing off. Or, better yet, they could be exposed as "fake fatties" by a newspaper tabloid and forced to respond to allegations that they aren't really that big. 

And I'd want some help coming up with a potential resolution. As for the characters, I was thinking their names could be Josie (short for Josefina) and Karina. These girls are both in their mid-to-late 20s. And they're both rather short, 5'3 and 5'4, respectively. They could both model swimsuits, lingerie, and "looks." 

One idea could be that they use it so often so it slowly warps their standard bodies to gain weight, I mean if someone pose fat enough times they won’t notice that they are bit fatter when they turn back to their usual slender selves, specially when they eat enormous amount. I agree it would be great going with the “fake fatties” line 😃

So basically a magical fat app that wears off? That’s such an interesting idea cause you could use the app for a variety of ways. They can be famous without anyone knowing who they really are! I think a good climax and conclusion could be that they found out and make mainstream news because of it. They’ll get invited to a talk show and then balloon on air 👀 but not all the way to their max weight. Reason could be the app designer (witch?) wanted to show them some humility for taking advantage of her work or something like that. Ending could be they get in relationships with dudes who like them regardless of their various sizes, which is a good sign of love.

12 hours ago, progressive_dude said:

I'm looking to collaborate with the community in order to write an FA-related story. My story idea: two IG models who post pics as plus-sized model, but in reality, are quite skinny. I was thinking they could use an app to manipulate their body weight. This app could be a secret and only available to a select few people. I was thinking the app could temporarily fatten them up to be either 400 or 500ish pounds. And they could take a bunch of selfies and videos while they're that big.

In terms of the conflict, this is where I was having a little bit of trouble. I was hoping that their conflict could revolve around the app's effects not wearing off. Or, better yet, they could be exposed as "fake fatties" by a newspaper tabloid and forced to respond to allegations that they aren't really that big. 

And I'd want some help coming up with a potential resolution. As for the characters, I was thinking their names could be Josie (short for Josefina) and Karina. These girls are both in their mid-to-late 20s. And they're both rather short, 5'3 and 5'4, respectively. They could both model swimsuits, lingerie, and "looks." 

Hmmmmm.... My immediate thought for a conflict, is both of them start dating or want to date the same guy. Who's funny, kind, handsome, rich.... And an absolute chubby chaser whos idea of a date is too spend five grand at a Michelin star restaurant feeding them out of their plus size dresses.

And any weight gained from eating, sticks to their skinny forms...

If you want to restrict the app to just a very few users worldwide, maybe the app is a normal fitness tracker, but, for some supernatural reason (the models could have learned about this in, for example, a disreputable gossip magazine that publishes silly "occult horoscopes"), when it is installed on a phone with a serial number from a short list of "magic numbers" the fitness statistics gain slider controls that affect reality. Maybe the models just happen to have phones on the magic list. Then

- Maybe one model cracks the screen of her phone, and is stuck at whatever physique until it is repaired. 

- An update to the app alters the range of weights that the control can access, either preventing the models from becoming fat enough for their fans (so they have to make up the rest of the weight by gorging), or preventing them from slimming all the way down afterwards. 

- The fattened-up ex-wife of a silicon valley oligarch learns of the magic phones, and tries to steal them to regain her youthful figure. 

Fishers buy a dark web app that tailors the final profile to a stolen database of rich peoples preferences. They pay for more profile matches with a stolen CC so the app designer retailiates by hacking thier fitness trackers, diet planner + subliminal messages. 

Sugar daddy gifts: smart fridge, smart mirror, AOT scale, etc to maintain denial. Clothes and food too of course.

Guest progressive_dude

Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions. I had an idea last night for a way in which these two get exposed: a journalist for a fashion magazine begins researching them and reaches out to them for a piece about their success. The correspondent could then "catch" them at an inopportune time, thereby exposing their dirty secret. Or, the journalist could be forced to sign an NDA, stating that she is not allowed to discuss the reality of what she saw when interviewing Josefina and Karina. The journalist, for the sake of journalistic integrity, decides to break the NDA in order to expose the truth. 

I really liked the one suggestion to disguise this app as a fitness tracking app. I enjoyed the idea about how it could be a special code that unlocks this feature. And, perhaps, the two IG models could regularly hold get-togethers where thin celebrities use this same feature. I was also thinking of having other plus-sized models go down with them. The revelation that these two aren't actually fat could encourage people to begin looking into other models on IG. Thus, it could have a ripple effect and send shockwaves throughout the industry.