Billing issue, double charged

Joyi

Good evening,

I have had this happening for 2 times now. I tried to buy 2 different clips and both times the first time i tried to pay, the payment failed, second time the payment was succesfull but i still got double charged for the both 2 times the payment failed. 

Firstly I think it's important to say that nobody is double charged. WE take tremendous pride in running an honest business. If there is ever an error we will ALWAYS make it right. 

However, we also do our due diligence to protect our models and site, and as such if any payment attempt appears suspicious for any reason, it may be declined.

We checked on these transactions.
Every purchase on our site always has the following steps:

1. A HOLD is placed on the card for the purchase amount
2. Verification process happens. (most transactions are instant, but some holds can be longer if payment appears suspicious)
3. If approved, a charge is created. If declined the hold is released after a period of time.

What you see are the holds, and they are not actual charges. In this case all purchase attempts have been declined. Because the transactions were not captured, the hold was released and transaction voided
Thank you

3. If approved, a charge is created. If declined the hold is released after a period of time.

Do you know how long this period is? I'm still waiting well over 2 weeks for my blocked transactions to be refunded into my card account.

Thanks

42 minutes ago, j2000 said:

Do you know how long this period is? I'm still waiting well over 2 weeks for my blocked transactions to be refunded into my card account.

Thanks

happened to me before (still happens, but i found a way around it) but basically it depends on ur bank. you could ask them, but usually if its not back by 2 weeks then it’ll take 4 weeks like in my case. 

6 hours ago, j2000 said:

Thanks

There is nothing to "refund". The funds are not ever charged.  You will not end up having a card payment due. It's a reserved amount that is released within 5 business days if you don't complete the purchase. You could always reach out to the contact us box and we could look into it further for you

Thank you

6 hours ago, Tear said:

happened to me before (still happens, but i found a way around it) but basically it depends on ur bank. you could ask them, but usually if its not back by 2 weeks then it’ll take 4 weeks like in my case. 

If you're having that kind of issue, it's not normal. Please reach out in the contact us box so we can resolve it for you should this ever happen again.

Thank you

19 hours ago, S77 said:

There is nothing to "refund". The funds are not ever charged.  You will not end up having a card payment due. It's a reserved amount that is released within 5 business days if you don't complete the purchase. You could always reach out to the contact us box and we could look into it further for you

Thank you

Thanks. I did and you did and you mentioned the 1-2-3 bullets above. If it takes 4 weeks, so be it. As for nothing to refund, that might well be the case from your end (I believe you) but I can assure you my card has been charged for each of the 4 attempts at making the purchase and not refunded. It's a prepay card, for what it's worth, but I doubt that makes any difference, and I get that you can't do anything about it. I'll wait for Tear's 4 weeks (thanks Tear) and see about it then.

Cheers

1 hour ago, j2000 said:

Thanks. I did and you did and you mentioned the 1-2-3 bullets above. If it takes 4 weeks, so be it. As for nothing to refund, that might well be the case from your end (I believe you) but I can assure you my card has been charged for each of the 4 attempts at making the purchase and not refunded. It's a prepay card, for what it's worth, but I doubt that makes any difference, and I get that you can't do anything about it. I'll wait for Tear's 4 weeks (thanks Tear) and see about it then.

Cheers

Hi,

We are certain these are "HOLDS" and not charges. You will not be asked to make a payment. If you would like to connect via email we would be happy to share the transaction documents from your bank to verify this information.

Thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know, the charges were eventually refunded just last week, so looks like I too have a card that takes a good 4 weeks to refund blocked 'purchases'. I guess they're charges rather than holds because it's a pre-pay card. Dunno. Anyway, all is good now and thanks for looking!

Cheers