Do you have a go-to station you listen to...

Madilyn Mars

• Curvage Model

Do you have a go-to station you listen to for certain tasks?

For example, at night I listen to peaceful music (I also have to have a fan on) in order to fall asleep.

For cleaning, I listen to power rock/metal.

For getting mental tasks done, chillwave.

For being sad, my old and favorite emo music.

For getting inspired, music by strong women (or sexy, self-aware vixens).

For chilling at the end of the night, I listen to ambient bass...or mellow electronic music of some kind.

For driving...something with a beat, usually hiphop or rap.

Curious if this is something others have put this much thought into?

Edited by Madilyn Mars

• Curvage Model

I'm too easily distracted so to do anything I need absolute silence, but when I'm in the shower the whole neighborhood appreciates the soundtracks of Broadway musicals. And my personal interpretations. I don't think they're very happy about that. :D

Ah, when I'm sad I go back to my MCR era. Magnificent. 

I've been discovering lo-fi hip hop stations on youtube lately and love leaving them playing in the background while I play Animal Crossing or knit! ❤️ 

• Curvage Model
3 hours ago, Luna Hellborn said:

I'm too easily distracted so to do anything I need absolute silence, but when I'm in the shower the whole neighborhood appreciates the soundtracks of Broadway musicals. And my personal interpretations. I don't think they're very happy about that. :D

Ah, when I'm sad I go back to my MCR era. Magnificent. 

I've been discovering lo-fi hip hop stations on youtube lately and love leaving them playing in the background while I play Animal Crossing or knit! ❤️ 

MCR is great for belting out in the shower!

Lo-fi is also great for chilling out!

Certified Lo-fi girl here, I have a HUGE bunch of themed playlists saved for exactly the right moments / need. 
My concentration Lo-fi list, Fall mornings rain + coffee lo-fi list, sexxxxy time clip-filming Lo-fi list. So much variety 👀💕

Edited by SquishyMissyx

On 11/11/2021 at 11:29 AM, SquishyMissyx said:

Certified Lo-fi girl here, I have a HUGE bunch of themed playlists saved for exactly the right moments / need. 
My concentration Lo-fi list, Fall mornings rain + coffee lo-fi list, sexxxxy time clip-filming Lo-fi list. So much variety 👀💕

Have you tried the Australian band "All India Radio"?  Not to be confused with the radio station from India

• Curvage Model
On 11/12/2021 at 7:18 PM, ShoeshineBoy said:

I am one of those who mostly enjoys hearing instruments, so rock, metal, jazz, classical...however, I have been listening to synthwave a lot recently.  For anyone open to recommendations, try the Dream Rider album by Lazerhawk.

Ohh, yes. I am very familiar with Lazerhawk. Synthwave is my partners  80's dreamscape music. haha I have so many favorites off that playlist.

1 hour ago, mrletters said:

Have you tried the Australian band "All India Radio"?  Not to be confused with the radio station from India

Not asked towards me, but I have not tried that music! Will have to check it out.

• Curvage Model
27 minutes ago, LushLauren said:

I’m really weird…. I just want to hear sad songs all of the time.

slow tempos, dramatic chords….😂😂

like I will be having the BEST DAY EVER and all I want to hear is sad sappy shit lol

Feeling music is such a powerful thing. Obviously it makes you feel a certain way, or appreciate the music for it's depth. Nothing wrong with that!

I've been really getting into ambient music lately. Just put on a readymade Spotify playlist and either play a repetitive game or read a paper book. It's improved my mental health by a metric ton.

• Curvage Model
On 11/15/2021 at 4:24 PM, Soja said:

I've been really getting into ambient music lately. Just put on a readymade Spotify playlist and either play a repetitive game or read a paper book. It's improved my mental health by a metric ton.

Yes, ambient music is sooo good for the mental health. Have you heard of Binaural beats?

5 minutes ago, A.Love said:

I'll listen to just about anything but I love 90s and early 00s music. I'll usually put on one of those playlists (r&b, rap, or pop) while I'm working. 

I also have my "liked songs" playlist on spotify and you never know what is coming on next in that shuffle lol. 

Always a good go-to!

My liked songs have been changed into an 'it's complicated' list because it goes from Mozart, to Pantera.