What's it like gaining over 100 lbs?

ilovepastries

Something that has crossed my mind many times as I've been following the weight gain journey of girls on here is what it must be like to experience it first hand. E.g. you're much heavier so moving about is more physically demanding. How has that impacted your lifestyle? Your appetite is much bigger, so you need to eat bigger portions and you need to eat more regularly. Is it difficult to eat enough to be satisfied throughout the day assuming you have a normal job and other responsibilities? Does the sensation of being hungry feel different than when you were skinny/skinnier? Etc.

I have gained a little over 100 lbs since I started, and there is definitely a lot of change!

• There's all sorts of things in the gym that I can no longer do. I have to be really careful with squatting so I don't hurt myself with all of the extra weight. I'm a lot less flexible, it's impossible to do pull ups now. If I had to run for my life... I would die. 😂 Certain things wear me out now that I never thought about when I was smaller. Things like hiking, yoga, and other formerly "less" demanding activities are now a full workout for me. 
  • I definitely eat more, before getting into this fetish I was very into diet and health. I often did intermittent fasting and only ate one meal a day, mixed with heavy cardio and weight lifting a few times a week. I now eat.... 4-5 meals a day lol. With lots of snacks. 🥰 I run out of my favorite snacks quickly and can never seem to stock my fridge enough. I also go by the most calorific menu options when I'm at a restaurant so I * know* I'll be full, whereas before it was the opposite.
  • It is definitely difficult when I'm out because I don't have time to constantly snack and eat. But that usually just means I make up for it with snacks and huge dinners when I'm home. If it were up to me, I'd stay home all day and do nothing but eat. My dream is to keep myself full and fed all day, every day.
  • The sensation of hunger is definitely different to when I was smaller. When I was small, I was on a strict eating schedule and I didn't really crave unhealthy foods or additional foods outside of my "meal plan". NOW, I get STRONG hunger cues and huge desires for junk food and carbs. I feel like the more I gain, the more I want to eat. Naturally, my stomach has expanded a lot and I don't restrict myself. Giving into my hunger has just made me more ravenous and hungry as time has gone on. I eat whenever and whatever I want, and I want *constantly*. It's both a physical hunger AND a strong mental desire to gain and fill myself. 
Edited by SquishyMissyx

Thanks for the response 😊 

On 11/11/2021 at 11:47 AM, SquishyMissyx said:
  • There's all sorts of things in the gym that I can no longer do. I have to be really careful with squatting so I don't hurt myself with all of the extra weight. I'm a lot less flexible, it's impossible to do pull ups now. If I had to run for my life... I would die. 😂 Certain things wear me out now that I never thought about when I was smaller. Things like hiking, yoga, and other formerly "less" demanding activities are now a full workout for me. 

What sorts of exercises do you do aside from squatting? Do you mainly lift now that cardio has become prohibitively taxing? Kudos for still going to the gym even after gaining that much weight 👏

On 11/11/2021 at 11:47 AM, SquishyMissyx said:

before getting into this fetish I was very into diet and health

Did you fantasize about getting bigger back then too? When did you realize that you wanted to commit to gaining weight and were you conflicted about it in the beginning?

• 4 weeks later...

The laziness. Increased tiredness evolves into learned laziness. Constant wanting to sit down, lay around. Which makes them gravitate toward more slothful hobbies that snowball into more laziness and weight gain.

Also the exaggeration of your activity. My wife will make folding the laundry sound like she was doing hard labor for 4 hours. Or simply running an errand becomes such a big deal in her mind. Any physical activity is exaggerated and blown out of proportion because of how much more effort it takes carrying around an extra 100lbs.

I didn't gain it - she did. 122 pounds, to be exact.

She is slower - much slower.

She is clumsy - bashes into tables and objects.

Struggles to get in and out of cars.

Totally out of shape - can't walk 5 blocks. She had been a gym bunny with the water bottle, bike rides, weight-lifting, even running a 5K.

Now, no fucking way.

She orders Door dash almost every night of the week at about 11 PM - McDonald's, Taco Bell. Eats it all, then goes to bed.

People don't recognize her. Her face is a moon and her double chin is thick and wobbly, and she has little piggy eyes now.

She "sticks out" front and back. Oversized behind and stomach that juts out in front of her.

She used have tiny, toned arms. Now both arms are blown-up, flabby, flaccid.

And still she snacks, and still she gets almost no exercise, and still she grows.