Video Games

Guest WJones081

Guest Atlya

I'm hoping to see a new Bethesda game, probably Fallout 4, for next gen.

And then there'll be Witcher 3 gameplay too.

I'd much have preferred to see Prey 2 but Bethesda fucked it up...

There's no big publisher worthy of trust anymore...

But Witcher 3, yeah, cool one! :D

I'd much have preferred to see Prey 2 but Bethesda fucked it up...

There's no big publisher worthy of trust anymore...

But Witcher 3, yeah, cool one! :D

Er, Prey is published by Bethesda Softworks, but Bethesda Game Studios is a subsidiary and not technically the same thing - it's they who are the developers of games such as the Elder Scrolls, not Bethesda Softworks. Obviously Bethesda Softworks publishes Bethesda Game Studio's games, but they also publish third party games such as Dishonoured. Prey wasn't being developed by BGS, and has now gone to Arkane who did Dishonoured. It never had anything to do with Bethesda Game Studios (and nor does the Elder Scrolls MMO, which is by Zenimax Online Studios). So when I say Bethesda, I mean the studio rather than the publisher.

Not that I blame you for getting confused; most journalists make the mistake as well. It's very misleading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Game_Studios

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Softworks

Guest Atlya

Er, Prey is published by Bethesda Softworks, but Bethesda Game Studios is a subsidiary and not technically the same thing - it's they who are the developers of games such as the Elder Scrolls, not Bethesda Softworks. Obviously Bethesda Softworks publishes Bethesda Game Studio's games, but they also publish third party games such as Dishonoured. Prey wasn't being developed by BGS, and has now gone to Arkane who did Dishonoured. It never had anything to do with Bethesda Game Studios (and nor does the Elder Scrolls MMO, which is by Zenimax Online Studios). So when I say Bethesda, I mean the studio rather than the publisher.

Not that I blame you for getting confused; most journalists make the mistake as well. It's very misleading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Game_Studios

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Softworks

When they own the studios, is it really any different?

Dishonored was pretty cool, it's too bad they inherited that bullshit, they must feel pretty bad about all this.

When they own the studios, is it really any different?

No, not a single person at Bethesda Softworks was likely to have had any say in the Prey decision - they probably would've even known until it was made public, with the potential exception of a few executives. In fact they've been known to publicly differ on things before, such as when Bethesda (the publisher) went after the Minecraft team for litigious reasons regarding the 'Scrolls' trademark, while Bethesda (the developer) stated that they didn't care about the trademark issues and had no beef with Mojang at all.

The point is, they both receive financial backing from the same source, and Bethesda (the publisher) will publish BGS' games, but they're two completely separate entities with regards to the decisions they make. BGS's relationship with BS is more-or-less exactly the same as any third party developer's would be with BS.

More importantly for what I was saying before, Bethesda Softworks may publish a dozen games this year and none of them are likely to interest me. Bethesda Game Studios, however, have made nothing but top notch games from when I first started gaming until now, so I'm always eager to see what they're working on.

• 7 years later...
  • Curvage Model

*UP FROM THE 2013*
Hi there, I didn't find a more recent topic, sooooo.. let's talk again about videogames, please ❤️

Currently I am playing Persona 5 Royal after finishing the vanilla version a few years ago. I absolutely love it.
Just for fun I am trying Genshin Impact, that has a really nice lore and CUTEGIRLSINCUTECOSTUMES, so.. yeah.
After the exams session I would like to buy Little Nightmares II, just to be unable to sleep for a while.

• 1 month later...
Guest Verlorener

I’ve been playing Post scriptum and squad. Don’t think I’ll ever go back to casual AAA shooters since my friend gave me his PC. There’s no video game experience that fulfills me more than shooting through the bushes at enemies 350 meters away whom we cannot see and have no indication of whether we hit them, also trying to communicate with you squad leader who is in turn communicating on the radio with other squads multiple miles away. But only if I also have historically accurate, standard issue gear and the squad roles are limited to be realistic, i.e. only 1 machine gunner, 1 marksman, several rifleman.

And yes, it goes without saying; 1 shot=1 kill, and you better give me the option to adjust the range on my grenade launcher iron sight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members
18 hours ago, Alonzo Salazar said:

Yeah I thought for sure it'd be 2024 if they were revealing it now :(  Oh well, what other games will you be playing in the meantime and what else in gaming are you looking forward too ?

Rn I’m playing a lot of Fortnite because it’s easy to pick up and drop. I was really into Diablo 4 for a while. It’s fun but such a time suck. It could take over my life lol. I play a little OW and COD too. & hoping to get Hogwarts legacy this month ☺️ wbu?

6 hours ago, CUPCAKEQUEEN said:

hoping to get Hogwarts legacy this month

I got it fairly recently and it's pretty good 😊 The story is interesting, there's loads to do- but goodness me it's exceptionally pretty (ps5). The castle looks incredible and some of the details are brilliant- you find yourself exploring just for the fun of it!

Hogsmeade is superb and the overall map is huge! Only downside is the combat- it's a bit "rinse and repeat" and lots of enemies are very similar..

Tons of customisation as well from your hair to your wand, your clothing and even The Room of Requirement..

Overall I'd definitely recommend it- it's by far the best Harry Potter Universe game I've played!

• Members
12 hours ago, sconesy73 said:

I got it fairly recently and it's pretty good 😊 The story is interesting, there's loads to do- but goodness me it's exceptionally pretty (ps5). The castle looks incredible and some of the details are brilliant- you find yourself exploring just for the fun of it!

Hogsmeade is superb and the overall map is huge! Only downside is the combat- it's a bit "rinse and repeat" and lots of enemies are very similar..

Tons of customisation as well from your hair to your wand, your clothing and even The Room of Requirement..

Overall I'd definitely recommend it- it's by far the best Harry Potter Universe game I've played!

Yes! I’ve heard such positive reviews. I can’t wait to play it 😍

• 3 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model

I’ve been currently obsessed with Vampire Survivors,it’s just one of those rougelike games you can mindlessly delve into for hours (though I try not to do that most times,lmao)! It really helps my social anxiety when I’m outside of the house as well,so I love it ~

• 2 weeks later...