HoneyBun_TV

• Curvage Model

I’m curious if anyone else was a classic, paragraph style roleplayer back in the day like I was?

Around like… 2004ish-2008ish, I was SUPER into GaiaOnline & Furcadia, shoutout to anyone who knows what I’m talking about. I roleplayed allll the time there in a bunch of different topics.

Gaia was a forum style site like this one, where certain threads were for in-character roleplaying. It seems like something that would work here. I miss RP!

It was so fun. Like writing a mutual book one or two paragraphs at a time. Or more I guess if you’re into that but it can be overwhelming to do more… blah, I digress.

Since then it’s been incredibly difficult to find people who even know what I’m talking about… do you?! Am I crazy for missing it?

Especially now that I’m heavily(haha) into kink, it would be a fun way to explore it.

It still exists, but from my experience, it mostly moved to Discord servers. I was very much into online roleplaying between 2016 and 2020 and there is certainly a lot of room for deep character development, literate cooperative writing, and of course kink exploration ^^

As someone that really went into roleplay with an equal desire to practice writing and to explore my FA fantasies, I found most success posting pretty upfront ''partner searches'' and ''roleplay starters'' and letting people manifest themselves. I don't roleplay as much anymore, but I found really amazing roleplay partners on Discord, one of which co-wrote a story with me that is just short of 130 pages on Word :D I also know there is still some roleplay going on in Second Life, VR chats, and IMVU if you prefer having an interactive avatar, but I feel those platforms are less like the forums of old you mentioned.

If you want to get back into roleplay, rejoice, there is still places to explore that hobby ^^