The Long Road to Obe City

Detere

Prologue 1
“I must say Imperial, you are a long way from Obe City” the Soldier remarked, binding her wounds “For your skill, I would expect a better placement, and for you to be better fed.”

She slid a plate across the floor, the food landing at the Imperial’s feat.

“Now, I can’t trust you to not immediately try and kill me if I unbound your mouth and hands, but I do hope you aren’t so foolish”

The Soldier unbound the gag and sliced through the rope wrapped around the Imperial’s hands.

“I have a name -umfh-” the Imperial said, clearly eating for the first time in a few days.

“So do I, Imperial, but you are my prisoner and I am your captor, now, is that really a situation calling for such knowledge?”

“You can call me -chmp- Sapi”

The Soldier stood for a second, before responding “Teia”

“Love-munch-ly”

-

“Step on to this scale, Imperial” a Guard commanded forcefully, her eyes scanning Sapi up in down

“I have-“

“Silence, you are not a guest, you are a prisoner, you will listen to my commands, and follow”

“Umpf” Sapi said, her arms bound against her bare back, as she stepped up onto the scale

“Height… 5’5, standard scale. Weight… 111, standard scale. Where do you hail from, Imperial”

“The Valley of Obe”

“Origin… Obe Valley, Race… Kelinci, skin colour… light brown, eye colour… pale red. State your name, Imperial”

“Sapi”

“Full-name.”

Sapi groaned for a moment, before relenting

“Sapimasa of Depan”

“Sapimasa of Depan…” the Guard repeated “Fitness… considerable, Beauty… Above-Average”

Sapi rolled her eyes as the above-average label. Rude.

“State your age, Imperial”

“20”

“Twenty… surprisingly young, for a woman of your abilities, if Teia’s report is to be believed.”

“That’s-“

“I did not ask for you to speak, Imperial.” the Guard barked “Now, off the Scale, back against the wall”

Sapi shuffled off the scale silently, before the Guard pulled out a canteen from her pocket.

“Ears up, Imperial”

Sapi’s bunny-like ears cautiously rose from behind her head

“Drink this, Imperial” she said, shoving it against Sapi’s chest

Sapi stood for a moment, grasping it, before hesitantly drinking it. She immediately felt woozy, stumbling forward as if she was enraptured by a drunken stupor, before falling to the floor.

-

“Finally awake, little Bunny-girl?”

Sapi looked up from the floor, above her stood a scantily dressed woman, about three years her senior by her assessment. Her body was strong, her stomach tight, yet her considerable thighs seemed just the tiniest bit soft. Her arms were adorned with the slightest of muscle, and cast against long blackish-blue hair. Her centerpiece was clear though, her chest framed by a white top, lined with a bold gold. At last Sapi’s eyes drifted up across her tanned face, a sharp chin pointed downwards towards her, the Woman’s lips coloured to match her hair, she met her Golden eyes.

“Finally done examining my beauty, Bunny-girl?” the Woman said mockingly

Sapi did not respond, her head suddenly aching as she flopped down to the floor, before she felt a hand grasp around her chin, forcing her to look up towards her.

“Look at me, right in my eyes” she shouted harshly, before her tone softened “Now, Miss Sapimasa, I hear you prefer to be called Sapi, I have a few names too. The Lady of the Golden Coast, the Warm Beauty, the Princess of Orosi, but you may simply call me… Maria”

As she finished her sentence following a dramatic pause, a warm and bright light shone into the once dim room, casting it in beautiful rays of light. The Room was ornate, and through the Windows Sapi could see an entire palace complex, set alongside a sharp cliff before the Ocean below.

“Now, Sapi” Maria said, standing up with a motion for Sapi to do the same “You have been so generously provided as a gift by Orosi’s dear ally, Prkos, alongside the bountiful produce of the fields held by those to whom you belonged to, the Empire. But fear now, dear little bunny, for you are now free to live here…”

Maria motioned around to the ornate room, a massive bed as it’s side.

“As my servant of course.” She said, giggling shortly after.

Sapi’s face suddenly twisted into a short burst of fury, grabbing a conveniently placed knife off a nearby table with a stumble, before going for a killing slash…

But her hand stopped.

“I forgot to mention, if you look at your hand, Dear Sapi.”

On Sapi’s wrist, right below where she held the knife, was a golden bracelet.

“That little Bracelet… simply prevents you from harming me, I wouldn’t want a nasty little scar on this face, would I? Of course, it also does some other things, like making you unable to talk unless told to- you can speak by the way. Now-“

“You-“ Sapi shouted exasperated

“Now, now, don’t interrupt me, my dearest little bunny girl. Now, I will fully admit, you are a test, a replacement for all those wretched little servants who are all so pouty and just won’t stop complaining, or falling into the pool by accident. Always so sad when it happens. But, behave my dear Sapi, and you might even just get to be free whenever Prkos doesn’t need me to hold a hostage anymore. Now come along Sapi, I’m starved, and you just happen to be my new cook as well. Oh, and don’t worry, I made sure those Prkosi gave you the knowledge of how to do that, I know you Bunny people aren’t particularly good chefs. Why, we’re going to have so much fun together…”