Fantasy Theater Scenes Fatsuit

dumdeee

Im an actor in a local Theater and I like the idea of a play where one of our girls has to wear a fatsuit night after night. How do you like and imagine the idea? How would you do the suit or padding. What scenes could you imagine with the thin girl play chubby while sweating etc.? How she has to act thiccer while there are some real thicc girls...

Is anyone up to write a little Story or script with me?

• 2 years later...
On 9/20/2021 at 8:36 PM, Enumerated_Bob said:

Ah, it looks like I misunderstood. You're looking for scene ideas to use WITHIN a play, not musings on the general idea. Sorry about that.

Both would be okay 

This is a touchy subject. As someone who has written stage plays all I ask is you approach this with respect to whoever the actress is portraying, and your audience. I ask to not make her the "big girl who hangs around other big girls." You have to remember bigger women, are women regardless of who they hang out with. Write this character on a premise or who they are inside, their emotions, personality, what drives them daily, etc etc. Them being bigger can be an add on. If they are using their size to garner attraction, is there a core root why? Is it because deep down they just want to be loved and seen for who they are, a traumatic episode happen in their past and they are just needing any sort of attention good or bad, etc?

Approach this with treating this character as a person. As for the suit, if you can't hire a actress who fits this physique work with your costuming department on making sure it's as natural as possible for a "fat suit"/padding. You don't want to go all out and not have her arms be chunkier and lacking any sort of double chin (get makeup department to work on something natural not extreme!!).

I wish you the best of luck. You're more than welcome to reach out but if this is just some ploy for fat talk not interested. Plus size characters deserve the same amount of respect as plus size women.

• Curvage Model

If this is for an actual production I’d imagine the reception of a performer in a fat suit would not be very well received. 

There’s a huge discourse in the fat positive community around giving roles to smaller bodied talent and putting them in fat suits. Not only does it take away an opportunity for a fat performer to be featured, it adds a corny, comedic element to the character that is best described as low hanging fruit. 

a cheap shot if you will. 

and on that note I’m just gonna say that if you love fat bodies, show it. Don’t play into the same Stereotypes over and over and perpetuate fat phobia in our society. Seriously, really grinds me up. I wanna see actual fat people in productions, on tv, in media in general. I want the full spectrum of fat representation and I want it NOW 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 8:20 AM, Lake Terror said:

This is a touchy subject. As someone who has written stage plays all I ask is you approach this with respect to whoever the actress is portraying, and your audience. I ask to not make her the "big girl who hangs around other big girls." You have to remember bigger women, are women regardless of who they hang out with. Write this character on a premise or who they are inside, their emotions, personality, what drives them daily, etc etc. Them being bigger can be an add on. If they are using their size to garner attraction, is there a core root why? Is it because deep down they just want to be loved and seen for who they are, a traumatic episode happen in their past and they are just needing any sort of attention good or bad, etc?

Approach this with treating this character as a person. As for the suit, if you can't hire a actress who fits this physique work with your costuming department on making sure it's as natural as possible for a "fat suit"/padding. You don't want to go all out and not have her arms be chunkier and lacking any sort of double chin (get makeup department to work on something natural not extreme!!).

I wish you the best of luck. You're more than welcome to reach out but if this is just some ploy for fat talk not interested. Plus size characters deserve the same amount of respect as plus size women.

I think you misunderstood. Its not about an actual Play. Its more Like a Story or Fantasy under the promise someone has decided she has to wear a fatsuit. Like in the fatsuit in Theater thread or some other topics Here. It isnt about the Look or weight but about wearing a fatsuit. Like even for roles like Gloria the Hippo in Madagascar or Something Like that.

How about a thin actress in Mystic Pizza the Musical.  She has two shows a day and has to eat 6 slices a day on stage. After a few months she's 30 pounds heavier. Then she goes back to her network variety show, tumbles in TV and says "me hungry", which becomes her catchphrase for a while.