I'm thinking of making a text based wg game, anything you'd want to see?

Guest K-day

1 hour ago, >_< 0_0 said:

What I absolutely love is number crunching. Calories and pounds being a part of the game would be amazing. What also would be amazing is “unlocking” those numbers through trial and error. Say, use a certain soda and you don’t know it’s affects until after it’s used. Like Skyrim alchemy

I think calories would be nice as a counter of how much you ate above/below your normal daily intake. I'll probably do a vague calorie counter that probably won't be visible to the player. I guess the "unlocking" part would be the paths as a whole and which makes who the fattest just rather than foods. 

And maybe you can combine things like a chef/alchemist and learn things that taste better or have more calories! Maybe some things can slow metabolism and such

I was thinking about something with metabolism, but i think i'll merge it with how active someone is as a counter on how much more they can eat without gaining.

I was also thinking about a stomach capacity, i'll probably make it visible to the player. Like if someone is full or not. I don't know how will it help the player, maybe to choose when to eat if at different times are different foods. I will for sure have one for myself to change the dialogues regarding their belly etc. 

If you have some good weight gain stories that happen to girls in college or some that could be used in that scenario please post links or names of the stories. I've noticed that there are often stories that the first gain that is described is very good but then it jump to obese, so even though i'll probably won't go over 200lbs, those first descriptions could help. And even more helpful, some text based weight gain games. The help already you gave, i thank you for.

Every bit of help will make the game release happen sooner. I'm thinking of adding other characters in the future so this game will long in a state where there will be updates from time to time, so the release date will be for the demo rather the final version when i'm tired of adding updates.

9 hours ago, K-day said:

If you have some good weight gain stories that happen to girls in college or some that could be used in that scenario please post links or names of the stories. I've noticed that there are often stories that the first gain that is described is very good but then it jump to obese, so even though i'll probably won't go over 200lbs, those first descriptions could help. And even more helpful, some text based weight gain games. The help already you gave, i thank you for.

Every bit of help will make the game release happen sooner. I'm thinking of adding other characters in the future so this game will long in a state where there will be updates from time to time, so the release date will be for the demo rather the final version when i'm tired of adding updates.

Batman76 is the absolute best at describing every level of gain. Besides that, there’s The Expansion of Emily, which can be found both here and on DA. That’s probably one of the more famous college stories. Another that reminds me of what you’re doing is a fantasy feeder story called “The Boss’s Daughter,” which is about a pizza delivery “haram” with lots of puzzling over how to make all of the girls gain.

Update

I think i just realised that letting the player choose who will they play as out of these 3 characters i planned would make the game almost 3 times longer to make. If i want to make the character choice actually matter and let you go certain paths that the other can't it will be like making 3 games. I want all of these 3 characters that i came up with so now i'll have to create a character for the player. 

As always if you have suggestions for characters, use the trait list in the first post and if you want add more info. 

5 hours ago, K-day said:

Update

I think i just realised that letting the player choose who will they play as out of these 3 characters i planned would make the game almost 3 times longer to make. If i want to make the character choice actually matter and let you go certain paths that the other can't it will be like making 3 games. I want all of these 3 characters that i came up with so now i'll have to create a character for the player. 

As always if you have suggestions for characters, use the trait list in the first post and if you want add more info. 

A girl character would be super popular. 

A girl character would be super popular. 

I think all of the characters will be female with a few exceptions. I'm not into guys gaining or being the feeder in the story. 

Update 

This is my side side project so i'll work on it when i don't have anything else to do or when i'm feeling crative towards this game. Because of that the full game probably won't be this year, the demo probably will but that's not 100% certain. 

2 hours ago, K-day said:

Update 

This is my side side project so i'll work on it when i don't have anything else to do or when i'm feeling crative towards this game. Because of that the full game probably won't be this year, the demo probably will but that's not 100% certain. 

Take some time with it 😏 if you can issue the game out in bite-sized chunks or chapters, you can release each one by one and the feedback will inspire you to keep going 

• 2 weeks later...

Update

I made a timeline of the game. It's a full year of a freshman college class and for now the story ends at the end of summer vacation. There are 14 points in the game with time skips between them. I want to make each point quite short, kinda like in sarah goes to college at the start.

I think a day or two and then a time skip is an easy way to make the story move forward and for the characters to actually gain weight while not having to write as much story since i want to make multiple paths for the player to take. During each point you'll "set" what your or the other character will continue to do until another point. At each point you'll get to influence the other charaters, (as well as your character, but not being aware of consequences as the player is, the character doesn't start as a gainer/feedee/feeder etc.) you'll get a few choices that will affect a certain thing about the character (like the stuff i talked before) and you'll get a few choices with a different amount of the influence on that thing, depending on the situation you'll get "better" or "worse" (for the player) options.

As a additional feature you'll have to do "quests" by exploring or talking to get more options with different amount of influence(the thing >_< 0_0 suggested). The quests will be pretty simple as i found that overly complicated interactive stories tend to be unclear as how to move the story forward and sometimes you have to walk around to everywhere and talk to everyone for you to got further. As the story will have multiple paths and you'll play the game multiple times, i want for the interactions that do something to be clear which do something and which you can avoid to "speedrun" the parts you already played. 

I have the names, a few additional characters and a few paths that would be fun to make. I also have some ways to make the characters gain weight but i haven't put any of them in a specific path/character yet.

I won't tell the arcs for now since i don't want to spoil the story😉

If it isn't too late to suggest, and you don't mind advice that is more about the plot than the game, I would suggest that during the early stages of any of the gainers who are reluctant to begin with (even if you plan on them coming round to it later), if the player selects options that just push more weight on her/more food in her, regardless of what she says about disliking her growth and weight, then that should lead to her reluctance continuing for longer and that means that she gains less, in the long run. But if the player opts not to be a pushy feeder and is a friend, pointing out how sexy her size is and is more focussed on making her feel good about herself, even if that means she actually loses some weight at first, reward that concern with ultimately having her acknowledge her friend's feeder fetish and come to terms with her own love of food and really decide to become the fat glutton that she always becomes in this game. Whenever the main character takes time to be friendly and reassure her that her big body is beautiful, instead of just trying to make her get fatter regardless, she'd ultimately end up being fatter, more gluttonous, and prouder than any other feedee, showing off her extreme obesity.

2 hours ago, fat_elf said:

If it isn't too late to suggest, and you don't mind advice that is more about the plot than the game, I would suggest that during the early stages of any of the gainers who are reluctant to begin with (even if you plan on them coming round to it later), if the player selects options that just push more weight on her/more food in her, regardless of what she says about disliking her growth and weight, then that should lead to her reluctance continuing for longer and that means that she gains less, in the long run. But if the player opts not to be a pushy feeder and is a friend, pointing out how sexy her size is and is more focussed on making her feel good about herself, even if that means she actually loses some weight at first, reward that concern with ultimately having her acknowledge her friend's feeder fetish and come to terms with her own love of food and really decide to become the fat glutton that she always becomes in this game. Whenever the main character takes time to be friendly and reassure her that her big body is beautiful, instead of just trying to make her get fatter regardless, she'd ultimately end up being fatter, more gluttonous, and prouder than any other feedee, showing off her extreme obesity.

All advice and suggestions are welcome. 

I'm planning on making the weight at the end different as a result of your choices and having that if you give them compliments etc. they'll gain more. I'll also have as a not really common mechanic the characters will be able to lose weight and your choices can affect that. So you can influence the rate at which the characters gain/lose weight. That's a good idea to make some of the "bad" choices to be you pushing someone too much. 

Update? 

So i'm going to set the characters' traits but i still haven't decided for two(and also the player) of them what they'll be

There will be 3 other characters, i'll name them 1-3 1 likes the weight the most at the start and 3 does not. Now the 3 i decided to be skinny, without any curves, that is a hourglass that shows after she gains weight. 1 is a girl that does sports a lot and 2 is the most regular of them all.

Now, what would work best for those characters for their body type? Who would you rather to be a pear and who to gain all over evenly. 

If you have any questions about the characters or really anything you'd want to ask, i'll answer all of them. 

I'd suggest making 1, the athletic woman who is the most happy to gain at first, the one who gets fat in a pear shaped way. That way, her initial fat is more subtle, at first, as her body is still slim from the waist up, especially her face (which I would suggest keeping slim the whole time). She even sees nothing wrong with her weight gain, as a result of developing a bulging booty that she enjoys.

It means that, at the later stages of the game, you can have the pear shaped ex-athlete have friends and family video chat with her and see her face, not realise that anything has changed about her, and then be totally shocked as they meet her in person for the first time in a while, seeing a sofa-filling ass.

Like, if you've already been honest about preferring fatter women, then she'll sheepishly admit that having her parents be so shocked at how much fatter she is makes her feel excited now (since you have managed to turn her into a totally obese feedee gainer).

Also, you can use her growing ass to reinforce a kind of ironic change that she's going through. After this woman spends her whole life so far running and jumping and whatever, she starts sitting on her ass and just letting it grow under her. Going from never resting, to never using an armrest, because even on a two-seat sofa, her thighs chafe when there are arm rests. And her thicc thunderthighs actively slow her down, as waddling starts to replace her ability to walk, let alone any running she once did regularly.

As for the second woman, an average seeming woman in every way, it seems only fitting that it be an all over gain, as you say. Proportionate in every part of her body. Sure, she gets a bigger belly than either of the others, but she does also get the boobs, to some extent, and the butt, too. She also gets the fattest *face* of the three. 

As the only one whose weight doesn't rest very prominently in certain areas, it allows her face to fatten up into a softer, sexier look, making an obvious display of how much she fattens up. If her chubby cheeks and double chin get enough positive reinforcement from the player, though, she might swing from the merely apathetic, an eater who doesn't like exercise as much as she likes fast food, to actual outright feedee gainer.

16 minutes ago, fat_elf said:

It means that, at the later stages of the game, you can have the pear shaped ex-athlete have friends and family video chat with her and see her face, not realise that anything has changed about her, and then be totally shocked as they meet her in person for the first time in a while.

That thing with seeing only her face could be a nice thing to use at some point. 

19 minutes ago, fat_elf said:

Like, if she's still reluctant, she'll suddenly lose weight for a while after you meet her parents in person, since they comment on her going from athletic to obese, since last time they saw her. However, if you've spent time encouraging her indulgence and been honest about preferring fatter women, then she'll sheepishly admit that having her parents be so shocked at how much fatter she is makes her feel excited now (since you have managed to turn her into a feedee).

The athlete will like her curves, at least at the first 30 pounds, but you'll be able to make her dislike her weight/make her lose it or tell her you like it if you're with her in a relationship and make her gain more, just like every character. 

23 minutes ago, fat_elf said:

Also, you can use her growing ass to reinforce a kind of ironic change that she's going through. After this woman spends her whole life so far running and jumping and whatever, she starts sitting on her ass and just letting it grow under her. Going from never resting, to never using an armrest, because even on a two-seat sofa, her thighs chafe when there are arm rests. And her thicc thunderthighs actively slow her down, as waddling starts to replace her ability to walk, let alone any running she once did regularly.

I like the idea with the armrests, maybe not a whole couch but like an office chair. I'm not really into obese women so i'll stop at 220 pounds max (even though bmi for it is at the beginning of being obese). So the couch just isn't something that will happen at that weight, the same goes for her being slowed down. She'll still be slower but not like being near immobile. 

I appreciate your comments so far, the more people talk the better (i hope) i'll make the game :)

31 minutes ago, K-day said:

The athlete will like her curves, at least at the first 30 pounds, but you'll be able to make her dislike her weight/make her lose it or tell her you like it if you're with her in a relationship and make her gain more, just like every character. 

I like the idea with the armrests, maybe not a whole couch but like an office chair. I'm not really into obese women so i'll stop at 220 pounds max (even though bmi for it is at the beginning of being obese). So the couch just isn't something that will happen at that weight, the same goes for her being slowed down. She'll still be slower but not like being near immobile. 

Yeah, sorry, misread the reluctance/enthusiasm scale. I guess I'd assumed that the athlete was more likely to avoid gaining weight/becoming less fit. As it happens, now that I've read it more properly, I really like the idea of the sporty one being the one who really likes the gain at first and needs the least encouragement to give in and allow herself to gorge, going from fit to fat.

And, yes, sorry, I overestimated the size range featured in the game quite a bit, mostly seeing other weight gain themed games in my head as templates for what I'd written, that tended to go towards fairly extreme endgames. Having her final fat level be "only" obese is obviously fine. Actually, that seems like a nice upper limit idea for a final section.

Maybe, a little way in to the game, after her first excited love of her fattening ass, she starts to realise that she needs to replace all of her pants and you need to help her keep feeling good if it is to continue. Then, as she keeps getting fatter, her thighs meet and her hips start to get stuck between arms on desk chairs. Eventually, her walking is permanently waddling now, after her hundred pound gain that has mostly grown on her ass and thighs. Again, you can encourage it and keep reminding her of how much she loves her big butt, so she keeps eating and is simply willing to let her fitness slip away forever. Then, of course, her family/friends from home, who've only met you over video chat and have been on the video chats with her over the course of her whole weight gain, come to see her. She's a bit hesitant, but can't exactly just tell them why she wouldn't like them to see her, so she agrees and you go with her, seeing the utter shock on their faces as they realise that their daughter/friend became a lazy gluttonous fatty while she was away. Maybe they even, foolishly, assume that you are sticking with her *despite* her gain, not realising that you've been tempting her into it...

Then, in the finale, she's blushing bright red, with a bit of a mix of feeling embarrassed and excited about telling you something. She sits on your lap, extremely heavy and soft, to tell you that she just weighed herself and worked out her current BMI, and she is, officially, *obese*. You've turned her from a disciplined athlete, to an obese glutton who can't stop eating and is never going to go back to a gym again.

I think that most of the people with feederism fetish seem to like people to gain so that they're obese or even immobile.

For me i rarely see a body that can look good at 200 pounds without being a pear or a hourglass. But i enjoy the idea of gaining, so i can push the upper weight limit in stories. Also the characters being drawn or 3d often can make them look good at higher weights since they aren't real. 

It's hard to find good stories with a slow gain. A lot of them just jump to being obese.

I wanted to make a story where the focus is on the beginning of the gain. And i want to make something i'll enjoy so that's why the weight limit. (it isn't a set number) 

That's fair. 

So, if the sporty, pear-shaped woman is actually happy about her initial gain... and the average, fattening up all over woman is sort of apathetic the whole time, unless you want to make effort to actively encourage her... does that mean the third woman, the hourglass, is actively against her own weight gain at first?

That feels like it could work. Her body is skinny at first, so she sees any amount of weight gain immediately and is very much against it, but if the player is honest and open about how much they like her extra weight, and encourages her a bit more to keep eating, then she starts getting thicc and realises that her fattening up is just in all the right places, and she actually gets more and more happy with her growth, maybe even a little bit eager to grow more in the end chapters.

By the time *she* reaches obesity/gets as fat as she wants/stops gaining weight, the last of your choices have been less about how to get her fatter and more about how to show off all her gorgeous growth and gluttony the best.

2 hours ago, K-day said:

I think that most of the people with feederism fetish seem to like people to gain so that they're obese or even immobile.

For me i rarely see a body that can look good at 200 pounds without being a pear or a hourglass. But i enjoy the idea of gaining, so i can push the upper weight limit in stories. Also the characters being drawn or 3d often can make them look good at higher weights since they aren't real. 

It's hard to find good stories with a slow gain. A lot of them just jump to being obese.

I wanted to make a story where the focus is on the beginning of the gain. And i want to make something i'll enjoy so that's why the weight limit. (it isn't a set number) 

Same. But the benefits of fiction is the characters can grow into any shape. That’s what I love about fantasy especially

• 2 weeks later...

Little Update

I'm currently having some fun with making 3d renders on my deviantart so i'm not really working on the game at the moment.