I'm thinking of making a text based wg game, anything you'd want to see?

Guest K-day

I'm thinking of making a weight gain story on textadventures and i'm gathering ideas that would be nice to see and see what i could fit in it. I'm thinking of a college weight gain story, there are a bunch of these already but they are the easiest to make just because it's common for people to gain the nice freshman 15.

I recently finished playing a game on that site called sarah goes to college and it's amazing, detailed descriptions and multiple paths. I want to also make multiple paths that a character can take. I was thinking of being able to choose your character at the start but i'm not sure if i'll be able to do that. 

It will mostly center on the beginning of the gain, up to 180lbs at the height of 5 6.

So far i'm thinking of making 3 female characters and i'm at the stage of deciding how they look:

1.Body type:

a) hourglass,

b) pear,

c) apple,

d) inverted triangle,

e) rectangle. 

2.Weight:

a) lean,

b) skinny,

c) normal,

d) (maybe little curvy/thick/chubby) 

3.Height:

a) tall,

b) medium,

c) short

4.Attitude:

a) likes/wants to gain,

b) doesn't mind/care all that much,

c) dislikes

I also want to make it able to make every girl discourage/encourage or do nothing about what's their opinion on gaining. So a girl could go from not liking to liking it or even gaining on purpose and getting turned on by it. This would be separate from them actually gaining/losing weight so they could gain weight while not liking it. 

I also would try to make something about them being embarrased or not with the weight as a separate thing. So there could be a girl that likes the gain but is embarrased by it, like getting turned on by it type of thing. 

Now what combinations of characters would you think would work the best? I want them to have every feature different. 

If you were to make a 4th girl as the player or to choose which the player plays as what would you choose? 

I don't want to make the lean girl the one that dislikes the gain, i think much more interesting would be for the lean girl to like her gaining weight. 

I'm also planning to use dez3d for 3d models of the characters at different weights. 

If you have any college weight gain stories that you liked send links and i'll read them to improve my story. 

Also what "scenes" would you like to see? For example: not being able to fit in jeans, outgrowing a bra, popping a button(on the pants, the belly or boobs), belly play, grabbing/touching someone's fat(on belly, on butt/thighs or if they're close boobs in a teasing-laughing/enjoying way), ripping a dress/jeans, etc. 

oooooh sounds cool. If you do a college one, make sure to let the player have some control over the actual eating, that was something that I found Sarah Goes to College lacked a bit of in certain spots. as for scenes, I'm definitely team ripping clothes lol. Excited to see what you make!

Oh cool! I remember interactive fiction, and you've reminded me there is an archive of adult games - which, some Datasphere archaeology reveals, still exists:

http://newsletter.aifcommunity.org/index.php?id=games.htm 

Are you thinking of using a particular one of the game engines? I vaguely recall writing something in TADS or Adrift many years ago, but it looks like the engines have evolved a bit (I'm idly trying not to admit my age) or moved to web-based. One thing I do remember is that the older engines were fairly good for writing fixed scenes, but keeping track of vital statistics and handling conditional situations (e.g. is your barbarian companion fat enough to set off the pressure plate, and writing scenes for sets of cases) was relatively hard, or at least time-consuming (OK, the most time consuming bit was writing decision trees for the action "Look at ass"). There's also time-progression - which can be ignored, if you use location-based times, e.g. going to the bar automatically means the scene moves forward to "that evening",  which the reader may be happy to accept from implicit clues in the plot.

Anyway, I'll look forward to seeing the game if and when!

23 minutes ago, Scr1bester said:

oooooh sounds cool. If you do a college one, make sure to let the player have some control over the actual eating, that was something that I found Sarah Goes to College lacked a bit of in certain spots. as for scenes, I'm definitely team ripping clothes lol. Excited to see what you make!

I played the remastered version, there is some eating in the last area. How would you make the eating? I can think of a way l, choosing the food itself in like a cafeteria. Do you have other ideas?

43 minutes ago, K-day said:

I played the remastered version, there is some eating in the last area. How would you make the eating? I can think of a way l, choosing the food itself in like a cafeteria. Do you have other ideas?

basically I just think it's a lot cooler when it's stuff like you're in a kitchen, you have the choice to open the fridge, look at the different items inside and then choose to eat the individual items, which is sometimes overlooked in text games, instead just having you press a button that says "have lunch" and then it says you ate lunch. I dunno, it's hard to explain cause I'm kind of a dope lol. But yeah the cruise segment in Sarah Goes To College is a good point of reference. If you haven't played them already I'd also recommend Becky's Binge, Anna's Wedding, Kriss Day One and Anyways, Here's Butterball.

2 hours ago, >_< 0_0 said:

Wanna integrate magic into the game? Maybe a series of “quests” to make certain girls a certain amount heavier for various reasons 

I'd leave the magic out of it. The most similar to magic would be like talking girls into gaining weight, getting them to eat while ** at a party or a bar or giving them like shakes with weight gain powder so they won't know that the food would be so fattening (like a realistic version of cursed food) 

2 minutes ago, Soulreaver82 said:

How about a girl who wants to be a Camgirl and then slowly gets deeper in feedee fantasies .

A decent idea, maybe i'll tone it down to a model or just an instagram account to make it fit. 

I still think a goal-oriented plot would work really well. Say, for example, that different girls have different habits throughout the day such as going to the gym, and fattening them requires solving different puzzles, like figuring out what one girl’s favorite dessert is and who likes working out with who. Gains accelerate the more the puzzle gets “solved.”

23 minutes ago, >_< 0_0 said:

I still think a goal-oriented plot would work really well. Say, for example, that different girls have different habits throughout the day such as going to the gym, and fattening them requires solving different puzzles, like figuring out what one girl’s favorite dessert is and who likes working out with who. Gains accelerate the more the puzzle gets “solved.”

I was already planning so that every girl "gives" you something different from their weight gain, like one rips clothes the other gets exhausted quickly so that there's a reason for you to fatten each girl to get different stories. I thought also of some big events that help you push the story a certain way, going for a run and a girl sprains her ankle or get her to pick a job at a ice cream shop. I like your idea so i'll make some of the "bonuses" harder than just pick an option while talking, like get some item for example. 

5 minutes ago, FatPrincess said:

If you don’t mind the time crunch you an bang one out in Inform/Twine for this years Gain Jam. 

https://forum.weightgaming.com/c/gain-jam/119

Nah, i couldn't do it in time. It's the first time i actually write a story and use that engine to make a game. So i have a lot to do and figure it out as i go along so it will take time. And i don't want to do a time crunch for a fetish game you know? 

A little update but not really. I think it's a little funny that i'm gonna make a spreadsheet to optimise the situation the girls might get into to pick the girl that situation will work best with.

So if you have some situations that a girl gaining weight might get into (like popping a button) it will help me a lot. 

Also if you want to help even more you can add to each situation what characteristics of a person it would work best with if possible (my first post here) 

Also if you really really want to help you can also add if that person would be in denial of their gain or not or if they would be embarrassed by it or angry because of it to make that situation better. And all other useful info. 

I have an idea that might make things easier: divide the college campus into locations like dorm room, class, cafeteria, gym, softball field, etc. (probably goes without saying). Certain girls can be found in different areas depending on what time of day it is. Time can be divided into hours. Doing an action costs one hour. Player can keep going until “bedtime.”

2 hours ago, >_< 0_0 said:

I have an idea that might make things easier: divide the college campus into locations like dorm room, class, cafeteria, gym, softball field, etc. (probably goes without saying). Certain girls can be found in different areas depending on what time of day it is. Time can be divided into hours. Doing an action costs one hour. Player can keep going until “bedtime.”

I thought about doing like just the days without changing time to make it easier on the player and have some main quest to trigger moving the time forward. I also want to tell the player that they did everything they could at a certain point in the game. I also want to make it easy for a player playing a second time to know if something changed and if they're doing the right thing to change the outcome. I want to also add time skips since they would help the weight gain part since it won't happen in a week. What you do before the skip carries over to what happens in the skip. 

If you haven't played sarah goes to college you have a main goal to do to move the story forward and you can go wherever you want, talk to anyone and interact with anything. Then the time skips (4 times in total) a few months. 

I still have a few games to play and see what i like and dislike about them. 

So, concepts of time in text (and point-and-click) adventures:

1. No time-state. Suitable for dungeon exploration where time of day doesn't affect the environment; also works if you can work with location-based time, so that if the PC goes to a particular location, it is clear what time of day they are going there - e.g. "going to the bar" is a sufficiently significant action that going to the location implies waiting until the evening when the location is open, and then going. Simplest to do, and the only method I've tried.

2. Time-gates. (E.g. in some of the locations in Sunless Skies) - when a certain action(s) are performed, time moves forward (morning -> evening) and the PC is moved to a new set of locations that have options for the new time period. Potentially more work, if you need to duplicate the map for certain locations that can be both day and night. 

3. Time-states. Essentially each location has (potentially) a different state for morning/afternoon/evening/night. Some can be: "you can't go there now." It's the most work, but perhaps modern engines support it better (I think they might, but I never reached that level). Gives some cool options, but it's a lot of work to exploit. I think relatively high-production-value point-and-click adventures do this - e.g. some of the Discworld games (I think). Time advances either when you take a "wait" action, or when some other activity absorbs a significant amount of time. 

4. Real-time (I've never seen this). Almost as (3), but with a fine-grained time-variable (like hour-of-day) that advances with actions, and gets compared with the "opening hours" at which a location has various states. I can't see a reason to do this, other than the (as far as I know) novelty of doing it in a text adventure. I think a text adventure that played well with this mechanic might be rather acclaimed - in addition to activities at a particular time of day, it would need time-lock puzzles; a time-travel artifact [probably with a usage condition like "only under moonlight"] and some bodges for when it gets lost; some deadly traps that can only be escaped by time-travelling through them; and perhaps a time-travel aware villain - but this would be seriously hard to do!

I think I've made that sound complex... Type 1 can be good fun, as it's the plot that's important: just need to be aware what can be handled without a time state!

If there's a feature with exercise involved, where as you gain you can do less and less, get out of shape, perform less physical tasks or just get more tired doing them, that would be very nice to see. 

For example there could be an option to go to the gym, but based on your current shape you can't do certain exercise options, or not as many. It would also be interesting if you could actually lose weight this way, it would prolong the game and make it different than anything else seen.

Gain 10 pounds, lose 5, gain 20, lose 5, etc.

1 hour ago, flyer33 said:

So, concepts of time in text (and point-and-click) adventures:

1. No time-state. Suitable for dungeon exploration where time of day doesn't affect the environment; also works if you can work with location-based time, so that if the PC goes to a particular location, it is clear what time of day they are going there - e.g. "going to the bar" is a sufficiently significant action that going to the location implies waiting until the evening when the location is open, and then going. Simplest to do, and the only method I've tried.

2. Time-gates. (E.g. in some of the locations in Sunless Skies) - when a certain action(s) are performed, time moves forward (morning -> evening) and the PC is moved to a new set of locations that have options for the new time period. Potentially more work, if you need to duplicate the map for certain locations that can be both day and night. 

3. Time-states. Essentially each location has (potentially) a different state for morning/afternoon/evening/night. Some can be: "you can't go there now." It's the most work, but perhaps modern engines support it better (I think they might, but I never reached that level). Gives some cool options, but it's a lot of work to exploit. I think relatively high-production-value point-and-click adventures do this - e.g. some of the Discworld games (I think). Time advances either when you take a "wait" action, or when some other activity absorbs a significant amount of time. 

4. Real-time (I've never seen this). Almost as (3), but with a fine-grained time-variable (like hour-of-day) that advances with actions, and gets compared with the "opening hours" at which a location has various states. I can't see a reason to do this, other than the (as far as I know) novelty of doing it in a text adventure. I think a text adventure that played well with this mechanic might be rather acclaimed - in addition to activities at a particular time of day, it would need time-lock puzzles; a time-travel artifact [probably with a usage condition like "only under moonlight"] and some bodges for when it gets lost; some deadly traps that can only be escaped by time-travelling through them; and perhaps a time-travel aware villain - but this would be seriously hard to do!

I think I've made that sound complex... Type 1 can be good fun, as it's the plot that's important: just need to be aware what can be handled without a time state!

In "sarah goes to college" there was "2" and in others i think it's often "1". I think "2" with multiple day times (morning/noon/evening) would be what i'll make. In "weighting game" there's "3" but i think it's too much in a game with gaining weight, too slow. 

There will be time skips too like in the sarah game. Like start of the school year, middle of the first semester, winter break etc. To give the characters realistic amount of time to gain weight. 

Thanks for the different time state list!

45 minutes ago, flabbyarms4 said:

If there's a feature with exercise involved, where as you gain you can do less and less, get out of shape, perform less physical tasks or just get more tired doing them, that would be very nice to see. 

For example there could be an option to go to the gym, but based on your current shape you can't do certain exercise options, or not as many. It would also be interesting if you could actually lose weight this way, it would prolong the game and make it different than anything else seen.

Gain 10 pounds, lose 5, gain 20, lose 5, etc.

I will do something like that, or try at least. With having body descriptions and situations based on the weight i could reuse some of them so it'll save me some work.

In "sarah goes to college" you can lose 5 pounds a the very start when the character haven even gained weight yet but later you can only stay at your weight and some events will make you gain no matter what. 

Also with this game want i want to accomplish is to put in the story some things that some of you might really really like that are hard to find in stories since i can, so why not? What i mean by that is really anything in a wg story, would it be a certain body type, the way something is described or what type of food they eat. The only thing is that i have to not dislike it, so for example i wouldn't do slob stuff. 

What I absolutely love is number crunching. Calories and pounds being a part of the game would be amazing. What also would be amazing is “unlocking” those numbers through trial and error. Say, use a certain soda and you don’t know it’s affects until after it’s used. Like Skyrim alchemy