How many warning points is a lot? Is 1 warning point a lot of warning points or a little?

namad

How many warning points is a lot? Is 1 warning point a lot of warning points or a little? I just realized my 1 warning point from 3 years ago is set to never expire. So I'm wondering, is 1 warning point a lot of them? Or not that a lot?

I actually figured my warning might have maybe expired by now. Although it makes sense that it wouldn't. I actually don't understand the warning system very well, and wasn't actually aware I could view my own list of warnings on my profile until today. I was clicking around my profile randomly and noticed the feature.

edit: I'm aware that the number 1 is a small number, but, in say baseball, 1 strike is actually a LOT of strikes because it's three strikes you're out. In basketball 1 point is not very many because basketball games usually have 70-140 points scored per team. etc.

edit2: In case the point of this thread isn't clear. I'm just curious. How thin of ice am I on? If I committed a minor rules violation would I be instantly gone because I have a prior on my record? Or might 3 years of following rules maybe buy me a second chance after a second minor rules violation? That sort of thing.

• Curvage Model

Another thing about warning points - only yourself and the moderation staff can see them. They are not visible to anyone else on the site. Their purpose is to help us keep track of repeated violations to our TOS incase further action needs to be taken at some point. For the most part, however, they are fairly harmless!

2 minutes ago, NogutNoglory said:

What type of actions get warning points? I’m just curious because I’ve seen some stuff in threads that is really deplorable but no one seems to care so I wonder what extent someone would have to go to to actually get a warning point.

HI,

A short summary of the rules can be found here

https://curvage.org/forum/index.php?/guidelines/

Thank you