Newly minted enby saying hi after many years lurking

paralepsis2016

Hi, all. I'm Dee. I've been browsing this community since around 2003 or so (or its previous incarnations). I've even posted a few times under different accounts over the years!

Over the pandemic, I embraced my non-binary (trans-feminine) gender. I am taking a medication waaaay-the-hell off label that is supposed to promote a feminized body fat distribution without the development of secondary sex traits (i.e. breasts) or loss of function that T promotes.

But, to quote my trans care provider, "you have low body fat." Since fatphobia is much less of a thing in trans-friendly spaces than out in the world in general, and since I'm looking to feminize my physique a bit with body fat, and since I'm clearly into this stuff since I'm here, well, I'm contemplating either letting an unintentional gain happen or even -- gasp! -- gaining on purpose. And I'm not really worried about it at this point! If I do it, great. If I gain accidentally, great! If I actively avoid gaining, also great. There are no wrong options for me at this point.

To tell a little about my gender, in my mind and heart, I think of myself as either having no gender or as having all the genders, though I am focused on feminizing since my body naturally did the other thing. I do like having some muscle mass -- I'm not strong in my upper body by any stretch of the imagination, though I do a ton of lower leg work to grow my quads, hamstring, glutes max and glutes meds. I want to add calve work as well. A really full lower body feels super femme to me, and I definitely see that in myself. But ya know, fat and muscle would be more me than just muscle, right? As for my presentation, I wear almost exclusively women's clothes at this point, wear eye makeup, wear a fairly feminine hairstyle, and I shave all the places women typically shave except my arms, which I trim. Arm hair grows back in like sandpaper!

I'm kind of nerdy and sciency. I have a fancy scale that does body fat and muscle percentages and a tape measure, and I just bought some calipers, because I want data!

Anyway, that's me. I'm not sure I'm going to be an active poster or if I might even post some photos if I found a place here that makes sense for me! But I wanted to introduce myself and open that door. I've really enjoyed seeing this place grow as a community over the years.

Cheers!